What is the worst film you've ever seen?

Comments

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    In the Past....TARZAN, The Ape Man (1981) with Bo Derek the movie was so bad I needed glasses after seeing it in the movies.

Recently, has to be last year's The GAMER I needed reading glasses after seeing that load of crap.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under p wrote:
    In the Past....TARZAN, The Ape Man (1981) with Bo Derek the movie was so bad I needed glasses after seeing it in the movies.

Recently, has to be last year's The GAMER I needed reading glasses after seeing that load of crap.

Peace

I agree with The Gamer. Normally I'll watch an entire movie, regardless of how bad it is, but in this instance I had to turn it off.
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    cdp1223 wrote:
    i wouldn't say it was the worst i've ever seen but i thought district 9 was pure shit. it started off good but just dragged on and on and even though i wasn't on the edge of my seat or anything when it ended, finally, i was like that's it???? all that for this?

WHAAA? You're crazy man! I loved it! :lol:

meh, unless there's a sequel and this was leading up to something i say crap!

cabin fever is another contender, i laughed so hard at this scene when i saw the movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EhRGRFnpm0&feature=fvsr

when i was a kid i liked crappy horror movies, the silent night, deadly night series was always good for a laugh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIV ... re=related

i've never seen these but they made me laugh, too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBWkECFGHRI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUdu6dGlzNU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9KyBdPeKHg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdSmeMmvKHA
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    napoleon dynamite

caddyshack 2
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Manos: The Hands Of Fate

Been hittin' the Thighmaster, Torgo?
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    I recently fell asleep to Hunger, I'm usually up for a good political film, but this was just terrible. Barely any dialogue, and when there was it was a heavy Irish accent, normally I can pick it up after a while but there wasn't enough opportunities. A truly interesting story brought to the big screen in a terrible way. The designer Steve McQueen that recently passed away directed the film. Too much man junk and not enough story for my taste.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    District 9?

A.I.?

You guys must only watch "the greatest" movies if these movies qualify as your worst movie ever...

I suggest you watch Battlefield Earth so that you have a new least favorite movie. It is impressively awful.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,833
    The remake of Rollerball, we went to the cinema to see something else but it was full, so the guy behind the desk suggested Rollerball - fucking atrocious it was.

I also though Lost Highway was a load of old pretentious bollocks.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    cdp1223 wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Manos: The Hands Of Fate

Been hittin' the Thighmaster, Torgo?

...ah, the haunting "Torgo theme".
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    There are Sooo Many! "I am Legend" comes too mind!... :roll:
  • Remake of "War of the Worlds" with Keanu Reeves...HORRIBLE!!!
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    over the years many films have wasted my time.
    one of the worst films that comes to mind is, "good guys wear black" starring chuck norris.

horrible film.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    Pearl Harbor.

Anything directed by Brian (Norbit) Robbins.
  • CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    "Zodiac" was highly disappointing! Long, drawn out movie with no real ending?!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • The Happening.

And I so love Zooey... how could she lower herself like that? :cry:

Yes, there are plenty others that may be worse. But for me you have to factor in expectations as opposed to those that seem to want to be bad from the start.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,963
    whatever that roller derby movie was with ellen page and drew barrymore. god awful. tied with krull.
    I love to turn you on
  • whgarrettwhgarrett Posts: 574
    Somebody beat me to it , but I was totally going to say Wickerman with Cage. Unbelievably bad.
    Can't believe someone said District 9. Thought it was a great sci-fi flick. Ten times better than Avatar IMHO. :D
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    The Spirit- I've walked out of only a few films in my life, and this is one of them. Along with Legion.
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Open Water, just awful! :|
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Off the top of my head:

- Extreme Movie (Least funny comedy I've ever seen.)
    - The Love Guru (Alredy mentioned, I think.)
    - The Women (No, just no.)
    - New In Town (Renee Zellweger had some pretty shoes in this though.)
    - Semi-Pro (I couldn't watch the whole thing.)
    - Van Helsing (Now, I love Hugh Jackman. But that film is just wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.)

I always feel bad when someone rents these films. :| Unless it's someone I don't like. :twisted:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    whgarrett wrote:
    Somebody beat me to it , but I was totally going to say Wickerman with Cage. Unbelievably bad.
    Can't believe someone said District 9. Thought it was a great sci-fi flick. Ten times better than Avatar IMHO. :D

I'm a Nic Cage aficionado. Of course I was on top of the Wicker Man. :lol:
  • smg97791smg97791 Posts: 151
    Starship troopers

Starship troopers is a great film!

The worst film I have ever seen has to be Batman and Robin
  • smg97791smg97791 Posts: 151
    i wouldn't say it was the worst i've ever seen but i thought district 9 was pure shit. it started off good but just dragged on and on and even though i wasn't on the edge of my seat or anything when it ended, finally, i was like that's it???? all that for this?

Seriously?! District 9 is one of the BEST films I have ever seen. It dragged on and on? The film was less than two hours long. You must have the attention span of a four year old. I'm curious now to know what some of your favorite films are or at least some films you think are good.
  • Asylum (2008). Rented it on a whim with a few friends. AWFUL.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804443/
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    edited March 2010
    smg97791 wrote:

Seriously?! District 9 is one of the BEST films I have ever seen. It dragged on and on? The film was less than two hours long. You must have the attention span of a four year old. I'm curious now to know what some of your favorite films are or at least some films you think are good.

starship troopers

seriously, dick, a movie doesn't have to be 4 hours to drag on and on. it seemed like some parts just weren't needed and put in there to make time. the guy gets stuff in his face and transforms into a 'prawn' and the haitians want his arm to use the weapons and he helps an alien and his kid escape.....hooray. it just didn't do it for me.

if i had to say off the top of my head, in no particular order

big lebowski
    ladies and gentlemen, the fabulous stains
    brazil (the director's cut, not the butchered versions)
    fear & loathing in las vegas
    best in show
    anchorman
    life is beautiful
    amelie
    scotland, pa
    2 days in paris
    before sunrise
    about schmidt
    eulogy
    requiem for a dream
    pan's labyrinth
    eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
    election
    mr arkadin (the comprehensive version on the criterion collection release)
    little miss sunshine
    the life aquatic
    made
    the royal tenenbaums
    punch-drunk love
    office space
    novocaine
    year of the dog
    stranger than fiction
    tape
    the tv set
    waking life
    everything is illuminated
    very bad things
    two evil eyes
    the squid and the whale
    taladega nights
    the grand
    not a movie but the sci-fi channel's mini series of dune was great
    the others and the original version he did of what was later remade into vanilla sky (open your eyes, forget how to say it in spanish)

many of those are a lot longer than district 9 so no, i do not have the attention span of a 4 year old
    Post edited by Pepe Silvia on
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • I'm going to have to defer to Rolling Stone's film critic Peter Travers review on this one. It might the shortest review I've ever seen of his. He said about Marley and Me.

"Watching Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson try to out cutesy the pooch is one for the puke bucket."
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Matrix Reloaded.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    Death Becomes Her, saw this on a rainy day in summer camp in 1992. Taking Woodstock also sucked pretty bad, I thought they would show a lot more of the music but it was quite the letdown.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I didn't like Pulp Fiction