Options

What is the worst film you've ever seen?

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    cdp1223 wrote:
    All this talk about good films seems to warrant a discussion of the dark side.....I saw briefly that someone around here mentioned seeing "The Room" the other day. This is possibly one of the worst I have ever seen, but in an AWESOME kind of way.
    Actual line from the film: I got the results of the test back. I DEFINITELY have breast cancer.
    This is also basically never mentioned again. The whole film is just bizarre and amazing and best watched under the influence of anything you can get your hands on.

That was probably me mentioning The Room. I saw it last month and it was soooooo bad it was good. I would see it again however (It's MST3K worthy which apparently they did on Rifftrax). Just look up some of the clips on youtube their hilarious! Here's The trailer and a few scenes from the movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCj8sPCWfUw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ4KzClb1C4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mMyV2YQgAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_7zpB1v0Og

The worst movie I've ever seen was probably Dungeons & Dragons that came out like 10 years ago. Transformers 2 was up there as well also Plan 9 From Outer Space is also pretty bad but that MST3K also so it's kinda good.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,687
    I'm going to have to defer to Rolling Stone's film critic Peter Travers review on this one. It might the shortest review I've ever seen of his. He said about Marley and Me.

"Watching Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson try to out cutesy the pooch is one for the puke bucket."

Those two had no chemistry at all.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    any of Dane Cook's movies...also A Civil Action with John Travolta is terrible
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    cdp1223 wrote:
    All this talk about good films seems to warrant a discussion of the dark side.....I saw briefly that someone around here mentioned seeing "The Room" the other day. This is possibly one of the worst I have ever seen, but in an AWESOME kind of way.

keep your stupid comments in your pocket!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    cdp1223 wrote:
    Actual line from the film: I got the results of the test back. I DEFINITELY have breast cancer.
    This is also basically never mentioned again. The whole film is just bizarre and amazing and best watched under the influence of anything you can get your hands on.

That was probably me mentioning The Room. I saw it last month and it was soooooo bad it was good. I would see it again however (It's MST3K worthy which apparently they did on Rifftrax). Just look up some of the clips on youtube their hilarious! Here's The trailer and a few scenes from the movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCj8sPCWfUw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ4KzClb1C4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mMyV2YQgAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_7zpB1v0Og

The worst movie I've ever seen was probably Dungeons & Dragons that came out like 10 years ago. Transformers 2 was up there as well also Plan 9 From Outer Space is also pretty bad but that MST3K also so it's kinda good.

I really feel like we could start a whole thread of terrible quotes from The Room.
    You're tearing me apart, Lisa!!!!!

Oh this one also wins the award for worst sex scene EVER!!!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    pandora wrote:
    I didn't like Pulp Fiction
    :shock:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    whatever that roller derby movie was with ellen page and drew barrymore. god awful. tied with krull.

Aaahhh maaan, maybe it's because I first saw it when I was about 8 years old, but I love Krull! it's a cheesy fantasy film, but that's what's fun about it.

the first movie that comes to mind when I think "worst movie" is The Haunting in Connecticut. everything about it was annoying - the acting, the pace, the (supposedly true) story, the script, the editing. the special effects were difficult to pull off i'm sure, but they were gross for no reason... even disgusting things should be entertaining on some level.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    pandora wrote:
    I didn't like Pulp Fiction
    I did not like it the 1st time I saw it but now I do.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    PJam82PJam82 Posts: 107
    The Men Who Stare At Goats......God Awful. First time I left a theatre in my life.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Starship troopers
    You know that movie has 2 or 3 sequels that probably should have been mentioned first, right?
    I was interviewing someone the other day and I asked them what their favorite movie was and why (cheesy yes - but I find it is a good interview question to help relax people and then you can see who they really are). The guy actually said "starship troopers"....and he was dead serious.

It's been awhile since I've seen it, but I LOVE Starship Troopers. :?
    I carried a watermelon
  • Options
    PJam82 wrote:
    The Men Who Stare At Goats......God Awful. First time I left a theatre in my life.

Here's another one that I totally loved. I was ready to step right back in the theater and watch it again.

I know there are plenty of movies that I've thought were shit, but I can't really think of any right now. I couldn't finish House of 1000 Corpses, but I didn't start watching it with any expectation of it blowing my favorite horror flicks out of the water.
    I carried a watermelon
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    any of Dane Cook's movies...also A Civil Action with John Travolta is terrible

A Civil Action was the worst rendition of a book I've ever seen. So painfully dull the movie was. The book was riveting.
  • Options
    I couldn't finish House of 1000 Corpses, but I didn't start watching it with any expectation of it blowing my favorite horror flicks out of the water.

I LOVE House of 1000 Corpses....but I also wrote a thesis on "bad" horror films, so I've probably got a teensy bias.
    The Devil's Rejects was just as great, but nearly everyone I know HAAAATTTEEED it! :lol:
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    CServant wrote:
    "Zodiac" was highly disappointing! Long, drawn out movie with no real ending?!

Wow I loved Zodiac, it was soo good and I thought the ending was so creepy. Plus they really made it feel like the 70's without being like "look its the 70s!". It is not even close to the worse movie ever, which for me would be the Street Fighter movie with Van Damme. The Godzilla movie with Matthew Broderick was pretty awful too.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    smg97791 wrote:
    i wouldn't say it was the worst i've ever seen but i thought district 9 was pure shit. it started off good but just dragged on and on and even though i wasn't on the edge of my seat or anything when it ended, finally, i was like that's it???? all that for this?

Seriously?! District 9 is one of the BEST films I have ever seen. It dragged on and on? The film was less than two hours long. You must have the attention span of a four year old. I'm curious now to know what some of your favorite films are or at least some films you think are good.

District 9 was the biggest disapointment from 2009. Zero character development. Boring plot. Stiff acting. it could have been so much more. I guess i expceted a sci fi action movie, instead i got a political movie.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Troy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    CServant wrote:
    "Zodiac" was highly disappointing! Long, drawn out movie with no real ending?!

Wow I loved Zodiac, it was soo good and I thought the ending was so creepy. Plus they really made it feel like the 70's without being like "look its the 70s!". It is not even close to the worse movie ever, which for me would be the Street Fighter movie with Van Damme. The Godzilla movie with Matthew Broderick was pretty awful too.

Yeah Zodiac isn't great but definitely worth seeing. Far from worst ever.
  • Options
    FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Ok I can't decide which of these is worse......Knowing or The neverending story.

I came out of Knowing just thinking WTF. Seriously I was waiting for Tom Cruise and the scientologists to start spruiking at the end of it. Although I did have fun for a few months with the friends I saw it with as I just had to go and buy a bag of shiny black stones, and I would randomly leave them on thier front door or mailbox, or if I saw thier car at the shops I would put mone on thier bonnet. :lol: :roll:
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Hitman was pretty bad...no fucking terrible
  • Options
    Ok I can't decide which of these is worse......Knowing or The neverending story.

I came out of Knowing just thinking WTF. Seriously I was waiting for Tom Cruise and the scientologists to start spruiking at the end of it. Although I did have fun for a few months with the friends I saw it with as I just had to go and buy a bag of shiny black stones, and I would randomly leave them on thier front door or mailbox, or if I saw thier car at the shops I would put mone on thier bonnet. :lol: :roll:

Knowing is seriously terrrible. But mostly just the last 15 minutes.

The Neverending Story? Are you kidding? That was an integral part of my childhood! Of course it isn't a "good" film, but so much nostalgia!
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Anything with this cannot be classified as terrible

NeverendingStory-thumb-400x300-14007.jpg

I may just have to make this my avatar
  • Options
    FAAAAALLLLLCCCOOORRRRRRR!!!!
  • Options
    FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Yeah unfortunately NES I find painful to watch...even as a kid I couldn't ever watch the entire thing, I would go to sleep. Actually the Matrix has the exact same effect on me. (waiting for the daggers to fly!!LOL) That white thing in NES I find a tad disturbing, it's freaky looking, not at all cute to me. :?
  • Options
    Yeah unfortunately NES I find painful to watch...even as a kid I couldn't ever watch the entire thing, I would go to sleep. Actually the Matrix has the exact same effect on me. (waiting for the daggers to fly!!LOL) That white thing in NES I find a tad disturbing, it's freaky looking, not at all cute to me. :?

I would worry about daggers from not liking "The Neverending Story" more than "The Matrix"! You are insulting people's childhood's!!! I remember being really scared of the wolf/dog at the end.

I agree with you on "The Matrix".
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    Anything with this cannot be classified as terrible

NeverendingStory-thumb-400x300-14007.jpg

I may just have to make this my avatar

i liked the book a lot better, same with fight club (which changed the ending) though, it was still a good movie

actually, the only movie from a book i can think of that did a good job of portraying the book without changing it was requiem for a dream, though, i'd have to say as disturbing as the movie was the end for the mom was even moreso in the book

anyway, it always makes me laugh in the beginning of NES when he takes a bite of his sandwich and says he should save it...the way it's acted makes me laugh
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850
    Twilight
  • Options
    smg97791smg97791 Posts: 151
    smg97791 wrote:
    i wouldn't say it was the worst i've ever seen but i thought district 9 was pure shit. it started off good but just dragged on and on and even though i wasn't on the edge of my seat or anything when it ended, finally, i was like that's it???? all that for this?

Seriously?! District 9 is one of the BEST films I have ever seen. It dragged on and on? The film was less than two hours long. You must have the attention span of a four year old. I'm curious now to know what some of your favorite films are or at least some films you think are good.

starship troopers

seriously, dick, a movie doesn't have to be 4 hours to drag on and on. it seemed like some parts just weren't needed and put in there to make time. the guy gets stuff in his face and transforms into a 'prawn' and the haitians want his arm to use the weapons and he helps an alien and his kid escape.....hooray. it just didn't do it for me.

if i had to say off the top of my head, in no particular order

big lebowski
    ladies and gentlemen, the fabulous stains
    brazil (the director's cut, not the butchered versions)
    fear & loathing in las vegas
    best in show
    anchorman
    life is beautiful
    amelie
    scotland, pa
    2 days in paris
    before sunrise
    about schmidt
    eulogy
    requiem for a dream
    pan's labyrinth
    eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
    election
    mr arkadin (the comprehensive version on the criterion collection release)
    little miss sunshine
    the life aquatic
    made
    the royal tenenbaums
    punch-drunk love
    office space
    novocaine
    year of the dog
    stranger than fiction
    tape
    the tv set
    waking life
    everything is illuminated
    very bad things
    two evil eyes
    the squid and the whale
    taladega nights
    the grand
    not a movie but the sci-fi channel's mini series of dune was great
    the others and the original version he did of what was later remade into vanilla sky (open your eyes, forget how to say it in spanish)

many of those are a lot longer than district 9 so no, i do not have the attention span of a 4 year old

Whoa! Easy man, I didn't mean to insult.

Out of the movies from your list that I've seen, i wouldn't call a single one a clunker. Overall, i would say you and I have similar taste in movies. But to included District 9 in a thread about the worst movie you've ever seen is a little excessive IMO. We are all entitled to our own opinions, but have you not seen Star Wars episodes 1-3? How about the Matrix sequels? Batman and Robin? Any movie post 1995 with John Travolta in it? Go visit the SciFi/horror section of the video store or netflix, I can guarantee that 50% of what you find is SIGNIFICANTLY worse that District 9.

I don't know, not sure why I'm sticking up so much for District 9, maybe it just bothers me when I feel people can't look at something objectively. I can almost guarantee that most people's negativity for District 9 and Avatar would be erased if both movies had not received so much critical acclaim. I certainly can relate to movie hype unrealized but at their worst, IMO, the two movies are better than average scifi/action flicks. Miles from worst movie ever.
  • Options
    the tv movie version of brave new world with leonard nimoy. what a total piece of crap, they changed things, combined multiple characters into 1 person, had 1 character doing actions a different character did in the book....blah
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Well, no one thought the war against the arachnids of Klendathu could be won. But you showed the starship troopers... that those bugs could be destroyed.

A lot of people think the war on terror is a war that can't be won, right? That's why I joined the Department of Homeland Security.

My friend, two words. Starship fuckin' Troopers.
  • Options
    smg97791 wrote:
    Whoa! Easy man, I didn't mean to insult.

Out of the movies from your list that I've seen, i wouldn't call a single one a clunker. Overall, i would say you and I have similar taste in movies. But to included District 9 in a thread about the worst movie you've ever seen is a little excessive IMO. We are all entitled to our own opinions, but have you not seen Star Wars episodes 1-3? How about the Matrix sequels? Batman and Robin? Any movie post 1995 with John Travolta in it? Go visit the SciFi/horror section of the video store or netflix, I can guarantee that 50% of what you find is SIGNIFICANTLY worse that District 9.

I don't know, not sure why I'm sticking up so much for District 9, maybe it just bothers me when I feel people can't look at something objectively. I can almost guarantee that most people's negativity for District 9 and Avatar would be erased if both movies had not received so much critical acclaim. I certainly can relate to movie hype unrealized but at their worst, IMO, the two movies are better than average scifi/action flicks. Miles from worst movie ever.

ok, fair enough, it just seemed like district 9 had all this build up for very little at the end. i don't know why i expected more from it when i like other movies that end with very little being resolved. i guess i was because of the subject of the movie. it had good parts but when it ended like that it just annoyed me.

and yeah, there are maaaaaany other sci-fi movies i would say are far worse than district 9 and as much as i disliked it i wouldn't call it 'the worst i've seen', maybe 1 that annoyed me most

and yeah, i thought star wars episode 1 was very weak (though i did like 2 and 3, have you seen fanboyz?), i tried watching the 1st sequel to the matrix and never finished it which made me not bother even seeing the 3rd and i think the only good batman movies were the ones by christopher nolan ;) it might be because i read the comics when i was a kid and tim burton made him somewhat cartoony and cheesey like the 60's batman (but still very different) but i think nolan captured the darkness of him a lot better. in the comics batman has even killed a bunch of people, like in the batman: the cult mini series :ugeek:
    although....:D i did kinda dislike the pauses christian bale takes in between words in the same sentence at times, it makes me think he has asthma or something :lol:
    don't compete; coexist