*** Brisbane Fanviews Here 11/25/09 ***

KatKat Posts: 4,840
edited March 2010 in Given To Fly (live)
November 25, 2009, Brisbane, Australia, QSAC Stadium
Opening : Liam Finn, Ben Harper and Relentless7

Set List: Why Go, Animal, Got Some, Small Town, In Hiding, In My Tree, Save You, Even Flow, Amongst The Waves, Off He Goes, Not For You/Modern Girl, Daughter/Another Brick In the Wall/School's Out, Rats, Unthought Known, Insignificance, If You Want Blood (You've Got It) (AC/DC), Blood

1st Encore: The End, Just Breathe, Red Mosquito (with Ben Harper), Indifference (With Ben Harper), Gonna See My Friend, The Fixer, Rearviewmirror

2nd Encore: Throw Your Arms Around Me (With Liam Finn), Jeremy, Alive, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board. Please keep the thread for Fanviews....Thank you. :wave:
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Can't wait to hear If You Want Blood (You've Got It). That has always been in my top 5 AC/DC songs.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • It was an AWESOME show. Eddie was really pumped D;
    The setlist was just freakin' perfect, me and girlfriend had the greatest time.

The people around us (West Grandstand) seemed really quiet and eager to leave o.o Didn't help the atmosphere, but didn't stop us testing our lung and voice power to an awesome setlist ;D

OH and the AC/DC into Blood was just awesome.

Fav song overall happened to be Rearviewmirror... it just ROCKED. Anyone would have to agree!

and YES, we wore PJ shirts k.
    This is, this is ... my ... last exit.
  • I think there was a bit of "School's Out" between "Another Brick in the Wall" and "Rats".

A brilliant show, the entire band really looked like they were having a ball. And Mike showed us the new tattoo he got today.
  • Princess KJPrincess KJ Posts: 442
    edited November 2009
    Great show (mostly) great crowd, and fantastic position (first row behind the 10C-ers)- uninterrupted view of the entire band most of the night. Got lots of vids.

Loved Ed talking about schoolies.
    Post edited by Princess KJ on
    If I knew then, would I know now?

* Perth Entertainment Centre - Mar 06, 1995
    * Melbourne Park - Mar 02, 1998
    * Brisbane QSAC- Nov 25, 2009
    * EV Solo- QPAC- March 10, 12 and 13 2011

• AranarthAranarth Posts: 227
    was it a full version of If You Want Blood or just a snippet, à la Angie - Berlin 09?
  • Aranarth wrote:
    was it a full version of If You Want Blood or just a snippet, à la Angie - Berlin 09?

Full
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Great Setlist! as always :)
  • kjw97kjw97 Posts: 3
    Absolutely unbelievable. How do the guys get better and better every time I see them?

Setlist was incredible, with plenty of hits to keep the punters happy, and some absolute gold - especially from No Code - for us hardcore fans. Oh, and we got 'RATS' !!!!!!!

Ed seemed mostly over his flu and the earlier poster is correct - he was REALLY pumped (as were the rest of the boys) and Ed just seems to be loving what he's doing more than ever. Crowd seemed awesome to me (but we were against front barrier so I guess you pretty much get that sense from there anyway).

Mike's behind-the-head solo in Even Flow was breathtaking.

Loved the AC/DC cover - was a good couple of verses of it - not just a snippet. And yes, there was indeed some Alice Cooper snuck in with Daughter and Another Brick in the Wall...

Liam Finn was a heap of fun and Ben Harper was, as always, mind-blowing. That guy is so talented it's scary.

What a night. Looking forward to reading others' thoughts.

And hi to fellow 10C'ers Jase, Kaz and Caroline :)
  • What a show!! Best yet! Loved Finn and EJ Harper and R7 were fantastic. PJ did an amazing show Ed is nearly back to full health but voice and energy is back to full form. Loved the BS songs with the greats and some of the rare-er songs but the hole band were loving it and feeding off the band.

Had a kid next to us o the barrier crowd were really good on Mike's side so he was safe just had a problem with non 10cers pushing to the front. the otherside got badly crushed Joni had to get security.

missed the after party sorry guys wifes back is killing her she told me to go by myself but I couldn't I will in chch ;)
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • Greetings from Sushiland!
    Although I didn't get to go to the show, my 73 year old father went and had an amazing time!
    He couldn't stop talking about how great EV was...I am so glad he enjoyed the show and it just goes
    to show you that PJ is a hit with the oldies(his first time,too).
    Thanks!!!
    which side are you on?
  • Awesome.....the encores were unbelievable!...

Great 10c's around - helped keep the crowd from crushing us - is always good to be surrounded by the true fans who really get into it. Thanks to the real tall guys on the fence who kept a low profile so I could see the band...cheers guys - much appreciated - only pj fans would look out for each other like that huh.

Shame about the idiots from the back trying to muscle their way in...have to say security near us were great...really onto the idiots and getting them out of there. I think they did a great job. Hey anyone else near that real crazy chick who kept trying to convince everyone she HAD to be at the front...and got yanked out by security for being just too much...wonder where she ended up!

Highlights for me...rearviewmirror, yellow leadbetter...under pressure...just breathe..could keep going and going..... looking forward to next time...to those of you continuing on...lucky you and enjoy : )
    I am mine
  • What a fantastic concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PJ at their best :D

My husband and I took our 7 year old son with us and he was playing some awesome air guitar but of course still couldn't beat Mike! That man is amazing!!!

Eddie - well what can a girl say :D He is an amazing talented man, who was pumped and ready to rock...oh, and he's HOT :D:D

Eddie and Ben together singing Indifference - spectactular!

Great mix of songs - so many highlights for me.

Although the audience where we were sitting were a bit pathetic - didn't stop me from singing and moving about.

Thanks for a great night...and the memories xo xo
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    If You Want Blood (You've Got It) (AC/DC), Blood

Ha! Good one! :lol:
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • it was fucking awesome! as good as melbourne.
    hormonesfiringlikea50ftromanyeah,pleasedontmakemeexplain
  • Aaahhhhh.......last show tonight :( Was brillaint ONCE again.

Final of the 5 Australian shows.....Eddie was well again and the band came out to prove a point it seemed......so tight ALL SHOW......but first.....

Ben....with Ed and Under Pressure followed by Never Tear Us Apart......It doesn't get any better!

In Hinding was incredible....In My tree and then Save You.....pumping....and then Off he goes, Rats and the best Live song form BS IMHO.......Untought Known!! Insignificance into AC/DC >> BLOOD......EPIC !!!

Thanks for The End guys....great decision and RVM has never been played with that much passion!

I danced at the back of Fixer .....was an absolutley brilliant tight show....Glad you're better Ed.

Enjoy NZ guys......that's it for me......till next Tour......Peace.

PJD>
    Going to All 5 Australian '09 shows.
  • SH17171SH17171 Posts: 425
    Opening the show with why go you just knew it was going to be a GREAT set list and was it delivered as Pearl Jam only know how too.
    Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
  • oh I also have to say the security and staff did an awesome job at QSAC they had water being handed out from the start and took care of any problems very fast. the busses after the show cleared the place fast too. good job all round
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • What an awesome show! Great ten club ppl around and Eddie really did put it on!

Have a look:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZsoGC9t8yc

More uploads to follow... ;)
  • great setlist..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Had an awesome time, first of all was quite impressed with security guys bringing shade and water to the holding area and everyone being very good at walking, not running :)
    Made it to the front, which was nice after being about 30 metres back in Sydney. Eddie was obviously feeling much better and everyone looked very happy, great stuff!
    I think I was just as impressed with this gig as the very first one I went to (Eastern Creek, March 1995), Indifference with Ben Harper and later on Jeremy and Alive in succession, so happy!
    Thanks guys, see you in 3 years?!
    MickeyB
  • MickeyB69 wrote:
    Had an awesome time, first of all was quite impressed with security guys bringing shade and water to the holding area and everyone being very good at walking, not running :)
    Made it to the front, which was nice after being about 30 metres back in Sydney. Eddie was obviously feeling much better and everyone looked very happy, great stuff!
    I think I was just as impressed with this gig as the very first one I went to (Eastern Creek, March 1995), Indifference with Ben Harper and later on Jeremy and Alive in succession, so happy!
    Thanks guys, see you in 3 years?!
    MickeyB

Please don't leave it for three years! Come back sooner!

• First of all what an awesome show!!! My wife and I Absolutely loved it and it lived up to all expectations. The setlist was great, although I was hoping to hear a couple of the lesser known Ten tracks such as Porch and/ or Garden also Corduroy from Vitalogy, but there are so many great songs to choose from they can't play them all. We managed to get a good spot aound 10 metres back on the Stone side of stage and the fellow Pearl Jam fans were all great. I must say a big thanks to everybody that let me get through the crowd during BH and back to my wife who was holding our spot while I took the long trip to the toilet blocks (apart from the really pissed chick with the blond hair who did everything possible to stop me getting through).

Highlight - Rearview Mirror (farkin rocked) and Unthought Known (surprised allot of people didnt know the words)

Kiwis you are going to love the show!!!
  • awesome show last night. too many highlights. if you want blood, mikes attempt at the angus strut. haha. mikes solo behind the head. eddie dancing side of stage with his little girl.
    had a ball. cant wait for you guys to return, come back soon.
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    Sounds like another great show!
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Yeah another great looking set-list, and sounds like a grand show. So glad Ed wasn't taken to his sick-bed, I was fretting for you guys (forget about the band!)

Zenith, are you hovering around out there? Did you finally get to see In My Tree? and was it the slow version you requested? If not maybe you should request a refund.

Home straight now I guess - not sure there is much left for them to pull out of the hat this tour!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878

• Fav song overall happened to be Rearviewmirror... it just ROCKED. Anyone would have to agree!

buy all means Melb rocked.... but ahhhhhh bless, lucky ducks... my favourite song♥
    Sydney ♥ March 10, 1995
    Sydney ♥ March 11, 1995
    Melbourne ♥ November 20, 2009
    To be continued... March 25, 2011 EV Solo Yeeeeeeeew!
  • And don't forget, Ed saying that he forgot to ask for a male (not a female, he's in a monogamous relationship!) to come up and squeeze his testicles during the AC/DC cover! :lol:

• And don't forget, Ed saying that he forgot to ask for a male (not a female, he's in a monogamous relationship!) to come up and squeeze his testicles during the AC/DC cover! :lol:
    :lol: it's a guy thing!
    Sydney ♥ March 10, 1995
    Sydney ♥ March 11, 1995
    Melbourne ♥ November 20, 2009
    To be continued... March 25, 2011 EV Solo Yeeeeeeeew!
    :lol: it's a guy thing!

Must be- surprisingly all the inappropriate responses wanting to take up the offer seemed to come from blokes!