*** Brisbane Fanviews Here 11/25/09 ***

Comments

• sonyaf wrote:
    I don't think it is an 'us' and 'them' mentality when it comes to the yellow and blue wristbands...I think it comes from respect that the people who had positions up the front originally before PJ started had 'EARNED' those places by waiting etc ( some for many many hours - this takes dedication and they deserve to be rewarded with the spots they got)...I say this as a yellow bander who could not get there till 3pm due to commitments and therefore did not get 'the best' position...but so respected the people who did and did not try to push my way onto their turf. They earned those places.

So it doesn't matter what colour wristband you are why should anyone be pushed out of the position they got themselves into before the show.

I think PJ want to thank/support the fans that support them - therefore they release early tickets for members...provide early entry to shows to give some love back...if you want good positions next time...pay a ten club membership and play the waiting game.

I took offence to be pushed out the way as I am short and smaller than some of the 'blue' bands that surged from behind at the first song and didn't have the physical ability to hold my ground (After 5 hours of standing in the one spot - why should I lose my place just because someone is being a thug)..

thank goodness for the support and kindness of fellow 10c members who helped me not get lost in the crowd...and sorry but if the 10c members band together at the front it is because we want to preserve our experience of watching the show and hearing the music and not have some people amongst us who may just be there for some drunken fun and to do their best to muscle their way to the front to brag to their mates.

I have been to one show where my membership had lapsed and I paid the price...I was not in the best position..but I was humble about it - the other guys should have been in the best positions. So we aren't creating an us and them mentality - just saying don't push in and if you found yourself surrounded by 'yellows' you may have been feeling the heat a little - because chances are (if your honest with yourself) you pushed through a little...otherwise you wouldn't have been in this spot...as yellows were allowed entry first.

Maybe that is where the problem lies...were people with blue bands aware that the yellow band people were allowed entry first?

Im sorry but I take so much offense to this. I sat there right behind you 'yellows' for 4 hours, I DIDNT PUSH IN!
    And Im pretty sure the majority of people (Besides a few) were there for the music and NOT to be drunk and show off to their mates as you put it. THIS IS EXACTLY THE MENTALITY IM REFERRING TO! It's so funny because your proving my point in trying to defend yourself, and pointing the finger at everyone who wasn't yellow banded. And as I mentioned about 3 times previously, I don't condone pushing in, in fact it seemed like I was one of the only people saying anything to the people that were.
  • peace and love guys. those of us reading and commenting in this forum are some of the real pj fans out there. let's just remember that we are in this forum because we want to share our experiences about last night. it's unfortunate that some of those experiences were tainted due to the 'us v them' mentality in respect of the yellow and blue bands.....but let's leave it there. let's just remember the good vibe pj emitted last night and focus on the bloody awesome show that it was.
    Annaretta
  • Incredible show, I'm backpacking from Canada and had been looking forward to this show for a long time and they didn't disappoint. Highlights for me were obviously the collaborations with Ben and Liam, especially Indifference and Red Mosquito. Ben wailed on Red mosquito and Eddie was right when he said it has never sounded better. I was really happy they played Rats too. All in all I walked out of there with the biggest shit-eating grin on my face because it was everything I could have asked for and more. Except for the stupid bitch beside me who kept complaining about being pushed by another woman behind her, who wasn't even pushing her. Good thing she got carried out by the security guy.

All five horizons...
  • AussiegiventoflyAussiegiventofly Posts: 109
    edited November 2009
    call it what u like(us v them) who cares!
    pay the extra cabbage for your tix, line up all day & miss out on the spot you wished for your feelings on this may change!
    ADELAIDE- 10 C front on rail (Stone) arrived 12pm
    SYDNEY-10 C front on rail (Mike) arrived 7am
    BRIBANE- fIXER mid fence on run way arrived 2.30pm

ALL 3 SHOWS " UNBELIEVABLE"..........
    Please PJ don't wait too long before returning!
    Post edited by Aussiegiventofly on
    I know I was born
    I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    Had a great night, the setlist was everything I hoped for, Ed seemed happy telling us about their time enjoying the Gold Coast. Loved the AC/DC song with Ed doing a good impersonation of the late Bon Scott. ;)

Got near front barrier on Stone's side down past the screen. Was behind a redheaded boy and his grandparents all night. The boy got given the setlist at the end of the night and I have a photo which I'll post later. 8-)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• No CoderNo Coder Posts: 1,126
    cultstatus wrote:
    I agree with all your comments, I was up the front even though I was just blue band and I telling all the people who tried to cut in to fk off anyway lol.
    I respect the fact the you guys paid more to be there/let in early etc just saying the atmosphere was divided.
    I think it was even divided a bit throughout the yellow bands- a small minority of Guys and Gals that travelled to all the shows (and good on them) seemed to think they were somewhat better than everyone else. I too would have loved to have the Time and money to go to all shows, but with young children, I could not justify spending the amount of money on all the shows, which is no-one's concern but mine. But don't think I don't love the band as much as you do, because I don't attend every show. This is NOT directed at the MAJORITY of fans that treat everyone with respect.
    I am starting a PJ savings account this week, so I can hopefully see more shows next time, all things permitting. And if its 3 years time , I might even take 2 of my boys(who will be 10 by then) to the show, my little one will still be a bit young. They love "Dad's music" and have memorised Just Breathe just to annoy Mum :twisted:
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • I wish everyone would get over the bands........... As you can see in my photo i had four diff colour bands on........ 10C Melb,Syd and Bris as well as GA Bris ( for some reason they made me put that on as well ) and i wasnt treated any differently by anybody?? We are all fans of the band.

While on the subject of fans i flew up from Newcastle the day of the gig and on the plane with me was Eddies " great mate " Mark Richards. I was chatting to him on the way up and he was asking me how the other shows were as he was away and couldnt get there. I told him awesome even with Eddie struggling in Sydney. I wished him a good night and we went to the gig. On the way back today he was on the same plane recognised me and came over and chatted asking how did it compare to other gigs. While my vantage point would have been nowhere nears as good as M.R' s ( prob side of stage ) I thought it was just as good as Melb, the band rocked, Eddie made a remarkable comeback from the flu afterthe Sydney gig. ( EV I sing in a band also and would love to know how to recover so quickly cause once my voice starts to go its hard to get it back in a hurry...... a quick personal message with some hints would ensure my everlasting love and appreciation )

Overall what a great way to finish an Aussie tour ............ Rocked out Bris, chatted with M.R, now just gotta get back to reality. ( and work )

Rock out New Zealand........................... Peace............
  • E.K wrote:
    Had a great night, the setlist was everything I hoped for, Ed seemed happy telling us about their time enjoying the Gold Coast. Loved the AC/DC song with Ed doing a good impersonation of the late Bon Scott. ;)

Got near front barrier on Stone's side down past the screen. Was behind a redheaded boy and his grandparents all night. The boy got given the setlist at the end of the night and I have a photo which I'll post later. 8-)

Hey i was right near you.............

I was the tall bloke with the black hat prob blocking your view .............. sorry........

How stoked was the little kid who got then setlist......... great night
  • call it what u like(us v them) who cares!
    pay the extra cabbage for your tix, line up all day & miss out on the spot you wished for your feelings on this may change!
    Obviously people that do that DO deserve the best spots I'm not denying that, I'm just saying the attitudes towards and GENERALISATIONS of everyone who didnt have a fan club ticket on this forum is what annoys me. That is all I am trying to say in my review of the concert, which is what this forum is for. Sorry if this has upset people I just wanted to add a different perspective.
    piltzy wrote:
    E.K wrote:

Hey i was right near you.............

I was the tall bloke with the black hat prob blocking your view .............. sorry........

How stoked was the little kid who got then setlist......... great night

Oh yeah I remember. No you weren't blocking my view ... I was closer to the rail. I'm the woman in white who got my photo taken with the little boy and the setlist. I tried to make him give it to me but he wouldn't ... the little brat!! (joking) :lol:
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• sonyaf wrote:
    I don't think it is an 'us' and 'them' mentality when it comes to the yellow and blue wristbands...I think it comes from respect that the people who had positions up the front originally before PJ started had 'EARNED' those places by waiting etc ( some for many many hours - this takes dedication and they deserve to be rewarded with the spots they got)...I say this as a yellow bander who could not get there till 3pm due to commitments and therefore did not get 'the best' position...but so respected the people who did and did not try to push my way onto their turf. They earned those places.

So it doesn't matter what colour wristband you are why should anyone be pushed out of the position they got themselves into before the show.

I think PJ want to thank/support the fans that support them - therefore they release early tickets for members...provide early entry to shows to give some love back...if you want good positions next time...pay a ten club membership and play the waiting game.

I took offence to be pushed out the way as I am short and smaller than some of the 'blue' bands that surged from behind at the first song and didn't have the physical ability to hold my ground (After 5 hours of standing in the one spot - why should I lose my place just because someone is being a thug)..

thank goodness for the support and kindness of fellow 10c members who helped me not get lost in the crowd...and sorry but if the 10c members band together at the front it is because we want to preserve our experience of watching the show and hearing the music and not have some people amongst us who may just be there for some drunken fun and to do their best to muscle their way to the front to brag to their mates.

I have been to one show where my membership had lapsed and I paid the price...I was not in the best position..but I was humble about it - the other guys should have been in the best positions. So we aren't creating an us and them mentality - just saying don't push in and if you found yourself surrounded by 'yellows' you may have been feeling the heat a little - because chances are (if your honest with yourself) you pushed through a little...otherwise you wouldn't have been in this spot...as yellows were allowed entry first.

Maybe that is where the problem lies...were people with blue bands aware that the yellow band people were allowed entry first?

From the start of the blue section, I can say we did our best to stop coming through too. We were there just as early and had no intention of giving up our prime possies either. Most of the people pushing through on my side were drunk, and were definitely not amongst the early queuers.
    If I knew then, would I know now?

* Perth Entertainment Centre - Mar 06, 1995
    * Melbourne Park - Mar 02, 1998
    * Brisbane QSAC- Nov 25, 2009
    * EV Solo- QPAC- March 10, 12 and 13 2011

• really sorry. didn't mean to offend anyone...just wanted to explain why you may have felt that vibe. i guess at the end of the day we are all passionate bout pj and just wanted the best from the night. ultimately we did get that didn't we...no matter what spot we were! thanks pj. looking forward to the next one. am going to stay out of the 'band colour' debate from now on and just enjoy the music x
    I am mine
  • sonyaf wrote:
    really sorry. didn't mean to offend anyone...just wanted to explain why you may have felt that vibe. i guess at the end of the day we are all passionate bout pj and just wanted the best from the night. ultimately we did get that didn't we...no matter what spot we were! thanks pj. looking forward to the next one. am going to stay out of the 'band colour' debate from now on and just enjoy the music x

LOL yeah I think I will stay out of it too just wanted to say what I had to say! Overall it was an amazing experience and I can't wait to have it again!
  • Did anyone get any decent photos? Mine all turned out crap! If anyone has a particularly good one of Mike's side (particular focus on Jeff wouldn't go astray), and would be happy to share with me, there's a freddo frog in it for you!

I've never gotten a photo from a show I've been to, and it would be great to have one to make me smile. Happy to share short, blurry videos...

• AussiegiventoflyAussiegiventofly Posts: 109
    edited November 2009
    all good, im super stoked you had great time as we did!! cheers ;)
    cultstatus wrote:
    call it what u like(us v them) who cares!
    Obviously people that do that DO deserve the best spots I'm not denying that, I'm just saying the attitudes towards and GENERALISATIONS of everyone who didnt have a fan club ticket on this forum is what annoys me. That is all I am trying to say in my review of the concert, which is what this forum is for. Sorry if this has upset people I just wanted to add a different perspective.
    Post edited by Aussiegiventofly on
    I know I was born
    I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
  • Great show. My 4th Pearl Jam show. It didnt quite reach the dizzying heights of Brisbane show #1 in 2006, but a very good show nonetheless. Was stoked to hear Rats, In Hiding, In My Tree & Not For You. All totally unexpected, but I was over the moon when they played them. If the girl who was relaying is reading this, we met on the bus going up Kessels rd, and saw you at the end of the night too.
    Brisbane: 14/03/98, 08/02/03, 10/11/06, 25/11/09
    Gold Coast: 19/01/14, 13/11/24
    Melbourne: 16/11/24, 18/11/24
    Ed solo: 12/03/11, 25/02/14
  • Had a great time, other than the fact we booked a maxicab for 2:30 so we could make it to the early 10C entry, only to have the cab NOT ARRIVE TILL 4:00!!!!! we missed out on early entry but still had a great time....anyone seen that episode of Seinfeld? "you know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to HOLD the reservation!" what a bunch of c-words!! NO apology from the "company" either...lucky PJ are great wherever you are
  • Man oh Man what a brilliant night!!!!
    Highlights for me:
    * Meeting fellow forum goers (Filthy I hope your wife's back is feeling better soon, was great to meet you both) and other 10c members, we were on Mike's side and the crowd was freaking awesome, with exception to a few blue taggers who pushed their way in front, one of them ended up with a pick, darn him!!!
    * Under Pressure
    * Just Breathe
    * The End
    * Listening to Ed talking about schoolies, was funny to get his opinion on it
    * Throw your arms around me - LOVED it
    * Mike playing the guitar behind his head during Even Flow!!!!!
    * If You Want Blood (You got it), plus the bit where they did another brick in the wall and school's out for the summer

Lowlights
    The $200 speeding fine I got on the way home, shoulda just gone to NZ, then it never woulda happened!!!!

Bloody AWESOME time!!!!!!!!!!!
    1998 Brisbane night 2
    2003 Brisbane night 1
    2006 Brisbane night 1
    2009 Brisbane Nov 25
    2014 Brisbane January 19 BDO
    *DISCLAIMER* I suck at typing, sorry for the illegibility of posts
  • I think it's a time now to see the better poster pics....please if any one have a foto??
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Had a good time, great set-list, best PJ out of the 5 I've seen.
    Had a couple of guys try and barge through me, mowing down the short ladies directly behind me. For some reason, they stopped at me and turned and went back where they came from. Something to do with my ugly mug and attitude toward rude twats, I suspect. There was a great crew of people around me about 4-5 rows back in front of Mike, who were all very cool and we had a great vibe.
    I have to remark on how young, fit and healthy Mike is looking. Note, there was only one ciggy, Ed after YLB vs the chain smoking of Mike and Ed in the past. His energy was amazing.
    Seems they are working out that their body is a temple and worth caring for.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Amazing!!!I think my brain broke a little and now I have have the post Pearl Jam come down blues....
    I wish I could go again again and again...
    Come back and visit soon.. ;)
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    And don't forget, Ed saying that he forgot to ask for a male (not a female, he's in a monogamous relationship!) to come up and squeeze his testicles during the AC/DC cover! :lol:

Hahahaha! :D

One day you're scrawling challenging slogans on your arm with a big black marker pen; next thing you know you're asking for the audience to get onstage and squeeze your balls....!

Where did the time go......?

hehehe

Was this bit connected to Ed's sickness, or was he just feeling a little lonely up there?
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
    I found some Brisbane show fanviews on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhcp9eCC ... L&index=63

:P

• Amazing concert last night. I've had barely no sleep as I had to work the test match today (nice shout out about cricket by BH and hitting the beach ball)

BH suprisingly good since I'm not a massive fan... Never Tear Us Apart was highlight!

PJ never fails to impress. EV was amazing... Mike playing the guitar backwards over his head was jaw droppingly fantastic. "If you want blood (you got it)" has got to be the only AC/DC song I love (thanks to Empire Records) and I was stoked that Eddie could give it credit.... As I'm working the AC/DC concert in February it would be interesting to find out if they play it and if the can match EV... I doubt it.

Saw Pat Rafter near the Sound Stage.... he surprisingly got a worse view than most people... shows it doesn't really pay to be a celebrity :D

I was hoping fellow 10C'ers could help me out... I was the dead lucky girl that EV personally gave his last Tamborine to! He physically grabbed my hand and wrapped my fingers around the tamborine to make sure no one else took it from me! OMG!!!!! Needless to say it was my highlight of the evening (and then they played YL which topped off my awesome night) So I'm asking if anyone possibly got a photo or knows of anyone who took a photo of EV giving a Tamborine to the lucky 10C'er in the black brisbane stickman shirt who very fortunately chose to stand just before the sound stage to avoid being squashed.

Cheers all for a fantastic night and shout out to all the people who protected me when I was clutching that tamborine so tightly! :D
    Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Mar 14, 1998
    Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Feb 08, 2003
    Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Nov 10, 2006
    QSAC Stadium - Nov 25, 2009
    Eddie Vedder - Mar 10&12&13, 2011
    MEN Arena, Manchester, UK - Jun 20&21, 2012
  • brownadam wrote:
    First of all what an awesome show!!! My wife and I Absolutely loved it and it lived up to all expectations. The setlist was great, although I was hoping to hear a couple of the lesser known Ten tracks such as Porch and/ or Garden also Corduroy from Vitalogy, but there are so many great songs to choose from they can't play them all. We managed to get a good spot aound 10 metres back on the Stone side of stage and the fellow Pearl Jam fans were all great. I must say a big thanks to everybody that let me get through the crowd during BH and back to my wife who was holding our spot while I took the long trip to the toilet blocks (apart from the really pissed chick with the blond hair who did everything possible to stop me getting through).

Highlight - Rearview Mirror (farkin rocked) and Unthought Known (surprised allot of people didnt know the words)

Kiwis you are going to love the show!!!

I must have been a bit behind you front row rhs second barrier. Corduroy was a big miss for me but getting Under Pressure and Baba O'Reilly, well, how the hell could I complain? I did the BH nature walk VERY late due to 4 ill advised rums in quick succession. It was an agonising decision coz I knew I'd miss the first couple. My brother in law did it 20 mins before me, when he got back he was wide eyed like he'd just stepped out of the Amazon,saying,"Well, that was not a great f#$king idea!" Same for me. everyone was pretty cool, but what an ordeal. I felt like king of the bloody world when i got back. RVM was awwessssome.

Ads on the GC.
  • Eddie touched me and I got his sweat on my hand and now im pregnant ..... best night ever.

But seriously, it was amazing. The boys were pumped, the set list amazing and the sound was brilliant.
    My only regret ..... not doing more shows.
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • Wow what a great show & for me it was the best out of Adel,Mel,Syd.

Photo wise I was so determined to be front row so lining up at 5am gives you great results...these are the first 77 pics & they (in my opinio) walk all over my Melbourne & Adelaide pics, if that's possible to imagine :)

I have over another 200 to go through and put up

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gerry_70/s ... 754549257/

As previously metioned you're welcome to download & post on facebook etc so long as you credit me for the pictures i.e "Taken by Gerry". I've already sent 1 email off to someone who didn't credit me. If I find this happening on a regular basis I'll switch off the download function. But I think most of you will appreciate & respect me on a small request.

It was great to meet so many nice people over the 4 shows & a great idea to have a list of arrivals

Enjoy & welcome feedback.... start drooling haha!!!

Gerry
    Adelaide 17th November 2009
    Melbourne 20th November 2009
    Sydney 22nd November 2009
    Brisvegas 25th November 2009
    www.flickr.com/photos/gerry_70/sets/72157622619096056/
  • Gerrycan70 wrote:
    Wow what a great show & for me it was the best out of Adel,Mel,Syd.

Photo wise I was so determined to be front row so lining up at 5am gives you great results...these are the first 77 pics & they (in my opinio) walk all over my Melbourne & Adelaide pics, if that's possible to imagine :)

I have over another 200 to go through and put up

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gerry_70/s ... 754549257/

As previously metioned you're welcome to download & post on facebook etc so long as you credit me for the pictures i.e "Taken by Gerry". I've already sent 1 email off to someone who didn't credit me. If I find this happening on a regular basis I'll switch off the download function. But I think most of you will appreciate & respect me on a small request.

It was great to meet so many nice people over the 4 shows & a great idea to have a list of arrivals

Enjoy & welcome feedback.... start drooling haha!!!

Gerry

Awesome! Thanks Gerry

• E.K wrote:
    I found some Brisbane show fanviews on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhcp9eCC ... L&index=63

:P

That's awesome!
    There's also a 1995 news clip of Melbourne when the fence got knocked down.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Can't wait to hear If You Want Blood (You've Got It). That has always been in my top 5 AC/DC songs.

For you..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_r7pp3tQ9w