Options

*** Melbourne Fanviews Here 11/20/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunately I am a Ten Club Member who was in remote parts of Europe when member tickets went on sale for Australia gigs... so I was right up behind you all and WOW... To the lovely few TenClub members standing by me you were beautiful and ROCKED so hard! Great show and awesome set list. Long live rock n roll... Long live Pearl Jam!
    Movement, actions, images, thoughts, perceptions, ideals all seem to forge within me a strength of doubt that renders me incapable of associating my life with normality and the thoughts of a well balanced and functional pedestrian. -JDP
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,392
    So how big was the crowd?
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    VixenVixen Posts: 70
    swans05 wrote:
    i kinda got stitched up by the 10C when they emailed me that my m'ship expired on the day of tickets going on sale..en email a month before would have been nice..

anyway i got fixer tix on mike's side and was probably 10 - 15 people deep during Liam and Ben which was fine...the standing was shit and the lack of water worse...my sister went to get some in the break btw liam and ben but couldn't get back in the pit from the crowd, she had my 2 waters too!!!

the surge was coming from behind me even way back there and i must have ended up 5 - 10m in front of where i started from the hustle and bustle so i don't know how the peopel against the railings got through it

also got crowd surfed for the first time in the first encore break...i was there by myself and some dick just turned 'are you up?"...i said "what?"...and he said "yep, your up" and 4 blokes lifted me up and off i went

treid as hard as i could to keep my feet up so i didn't get anyone in the head so if you passes me safely (blue t shirt and jean shorts i had on), thank you for that

voice pulled up great guns which the softer set in the middle helped there and baba o reilly is something i never get sick of

by the way, why is there no pj cover band in melbourne? i grew up in warrnambool i one came down there a few times in the mid 90's...someone should start one

There is a band called Rearview Mirror, they are around the S/E suburbs..havent seen them yet..i work Fri/Sat nights >.<
  • Options
    sgreenw2 wrote:
    What a gig!

Although don't understand why some chick was wearing the shortest skirt and the longest heels at a rock concert, mind you I'm not complaining.

LoL..there was one of those tiny skirt and massive heels girls is Radelaide too..WTF??? I dont get it..i..without even thinking about it, go straight to my Globes and Cargos..it's a frikkin rock concert, not a slapper show :lol:
  • Options
    EPIC Show!! I dont even know where to start without writing a whole freaking essay..
    Bit bummed they didn't play my request for Wishlist..I made such a cute lil poster :lol: but i totally got over that when Ed and Liam did Throw Your Arms Around Me..WOW..i have been wanting to hear Ed do that live for so long, after the first 6 cords i realized what he was doing i tried to WOOOOOOOOH, but got all teary and choked up...i could hardly sing along..it was an extremely emotional moment for me!
    The set list was beyond incredible, WOW what a treat, again worth the hours in que..the day passed way quicker in Melbs than it did in Adelaide..funny that because i arrived in Melbs 2 hours earlier..i think it had something to do with my new friends Megan and Joel..you guys are awesome..**hugs
    Got a bit teary on the way home thinking about the show..tears of excitement and overwhelming satisfaction!! The best concert i have ever been to by far...and that had nothing to do with being in front row..i think i could have been up the back and still enjoyed the show, the set list was just so awesome..nothing better than hearing your fave band live..epsecially if its the set list from Melbs!! Nice work guys..good luck topping that one, though after Adelaide i didnt think it could be done..i'm soo glad to have been there when you proved that to be wrong!!

I wish i was a neutron bomb, for once i could go off
  • Options
    alesek wrote:
    Even Flow - Oceans - Lukin trio? looks crazy ....! bring on some Oceans video!

YES pLEASE if anyone has a video of OCEANS would LOVE TO see that...I went to Adelaide and was praying they would play it but I was stoked with release to open....

well done melbs...great set list!!! I truly didn't think adelaide could be beaten but there you go!!!

Just uploaded this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUdDFNwvmt8
    Short but sweet....more to come :D
  • Options
    ZimzuMZimzuM Posts: 209
    Vixen wrote:
    EPIC Show!! I dont even know where to start without writing a whole freaking essay..
    Bit bummed they didn't play my request for Wishlist..I made such a cute lil poster :lol: but i totally got over that when Ed and Liam did Throw Your Arms Around Me..WOW..i have been wanting to hear Ed do that live for so long, after the first 6 cords i realized what he was doing i tried to WOOOOOOOOH, but got all teary and choked up...i could hardly sing along..it was an extremely emotional moment for me!
    The set list was beyond incredible, WOW what a treat, again worth the hours in que..the day passed way quicker in Melbs than it did in Adelaide..funny that because i arrived in Melbs 2 hours earlier..i think it had something to do with my new friends Megan and Joel..you guys are awesome..**hugs
    Got a bit teary on the way home thinking about the show..tears of excitement and overwhelming satisfaction!! The best concert i have ever been to by far...and that had nothing to do with being in front row..i think i could have been up the back and still enjoyed the show, the set list was just so awesome..nothing better than hearing your fave band live..epsecially if its the set list from Melbs!! Nice work guys..good luck topping that one, though after Adelaide i didnt think it could be done..i'm soo glad to have been there when you proved that to be wrong!!

Lol were you on the front barrier Stones side? If so the Mrs and I were directly behind you.
    2/3/98 Melbourne, 18/2/03 Melbourne, 19/2/03 Melbourne, 20/2/03 Melbourne, 4/9/06 Lisbon, 5/9/06 Lisbon, 7/9/06 Madrid, 9/9/06 Marsielle, 11/9/06 Paris, 7/11/06 Sydney, 8/11/06 Sydney, 10/11/06 Brisbane, 11/11/06 Brisbane, 13/11/06 Melbourne, 14/11/06 Melbourne, 16/11/06 Melbourne, 20/11/00 Melbourne
  • Options
    Guys and gals ..... I only became a member today , but stalked the forums a few nights before the gigs *promise I am not a weirdo!
    This was my third PJ concert ....long long time between drinks as the last time was in Sydney 95.
    Cut to the chase, a wedding a couple of kids and a few years ...my darling husband was not going to let me miss out on another PJ tour, an AWESOME suprise checking the mail that day :o
    Unfortunatly we were one of the late ones, due to babbysitter(brother)driving an hour after work to look after our rockin little munchkins!
    We were about 20 m away from the front of stage.

BLOWN AWAY is the only way to describe it what a magic sound hearing the band, hearing Eddie's voice, funny I kept waiting for him to do that little head shake, he seems to have chilled doing that so much.
    I can't add much more that what all of you have shared except for once the show had ended.... our night had really only begun.
    I scored a setlist and one of Eddie's picks! :o
    BTW my setlist has Oceans added in texta, Better Man & Supersonic crossed out
    Thank you Mr Roadie you are cool!
    8-)
    * I will have to press pause on my story & come back to finish ........
    Sydney ♥ March 10, 1995
    Sydney ♥ March 11, 1995
    Melbourne ♥ November 20, 2009
    To be continued... March 25, 2011 EV Solo Yeeeeeeeew!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,585
    for those interested, the poster was inspired by this image:

phpG6lcBBAM.jpg
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Oceans11 wrote:
    alesek wrote:
    Even Flow - Oceans - Lukin trio? looks crazy ....! bring on some Oceans video!

YES pLEASE if anyone has a video of OCEANS would LOVE TO see that...I went to Adelaide and was praying they would play it but I was stoked with release to open....

well done melbs...great set list!!! I truly didn't think adelaide could be beaten but there you go!!!

Just uploaded this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUdDFNwvmt8
    Short but sweet....more to come :D

Oceans part II:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0zQSEA1cTE
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    The footy thing wasn't done in Melbourne, it was Perth 06.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    ZimzuM wrote:
    Vixen wrote:

Lol were you on the front barrier Stones side? If so the Mrs and I were directly behind you.

I sure was..hey you guys are lucky...i was running on 36 hours without sleep and only a hand full of rice crackers in my stomach..no energy to jump about and be a nuisance, im glad i had the barrier to hold me up LOL!!..sorry if my camera got in the way a bit..i tried to stop taking pictures..my brain said yes but my hand said NO!! ;)
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,005
    qcrete wrote:
    AC/DC medley

what songs did they cover?

yes... anyone with an answer???
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    anyone got a vid of Baba ?
  • Options
    Good morning

Glad everyone is enjoying the vids & pictures. It's just after 8.30am in Sydney & it's gonna be a stinker.

I will film some more songs tonight, don't have a 10c ticket jsut GA so hopefully I can get similar position.

Will try & film some of the songs I don't know (as they might be favourites with others) hoepfully we will get Better man tonight.

Can Melbourne be topped by Sydney???

Rock On & see you there!

Gerry
    Adelaide 17th November 2009
    Melbourne 20th November 2009
    Sydney 22nd November 2009
    Brisvegas 25th November 2009
    www.flickr.com/photos/gerry_70/sets/72157622619096056/
  • Options
    EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    locked wrote:
    qcrete wrote:
    AC/DC medley

what songs did they cover?

yes... anyone with an answer???

Whole Lotta Rosie. I wouldn't say it was really a Medley. There may have been another one after this one but this was the main riff Mike played.
  • Options
    Looking like a cross between Robin Williams and Matthew Newton (a local actor for those non-Aussies reading this) Liam Finn put on an eclectic but entertaining set.
    You just know that when the second support act is more than good enough to headline their own show as is the case with Ben Harper (and Relentless 7) you know you're in for a good night, and that was certainly the case tonight.
    Highlights:
    Bowie / Mercury meets Harper / Vedder on Under Pressure: WOW
    Ever since Eddie made a surprise appearance at a JJJ live broadcast of Ben Harper, to sing with him on Indifference (way back in 19??), this song has been dying for the two of them to team up again, and tonight showed why!
    Last but not least, maybe the guys in the band noticed the average age of all the fan club members in the front section and made tonight's list a roll call of classic old school songs, but either way it's all good.
  • Options
    Wow what a show. I feel pretty lucky to have experienced 2 amazing set lists in a row, first Adelaide and now Melbourne. Can't believe they dropped Brother so early in the set! A Definite highlight. Other highlights as people have mentioned, oceans, present tense, glorified G, and Eddie doing Needle and the damage done solo. Great night, only 2 shows for me this tour, can't believe they've been and gone, can't wait for next tour! Thanks again PJ.

Ever since Eddie made a surprise appearance at a JJJ live broadcast of Ben Harper, to sing with him on Indifference (way back in 19??),

FYI that was in 2001
    "this is such a happening tail-pipe of a party"

Adelaide 98; Adelaide 03; Melbourne 03 #2; Brisbane 06 #2; Adelaide 06 #1 & #2; Perth 06; Adelaide 09; Melbourne 09; Gold Coast BDO 14; Adelaide BDO 14
    EV Aus 2011: Adelaide #1 & #2; Canberra
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    MS2225 wrote:
    Ever since Eddie made a surprise appearance at a JJJ live broadcast of Ben Harper, to sing with him on Indifference (way back in 19??), this song has been dying for the two of them to team up again, and tonight showed why!
    I assume you mean in Australia only? Cos this has happened on quite a few occassions.

It was in 2001. I was there. Ohhhhhhhhhhh mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    The best set list I have ever seen. I know that everyone agrees on that. I hope the disclaimers for the recording of the show means we can relive it all over again!

There was only one track missing for me and that was I Got Id or State of Love and Trust. Thanks to Gerry for the Adelaide video of I Got ID. That was awesome.

It seems that a few people got random losers around them who thought that they were entitled to a much better spot and forced their way forward. I also had a group of guys next/ behind me who thought the only way to show their appreciation was to push everyone around them. Perhaps another GA show could have a 10C strip at the front? It seems a lot of club ticket holders couldn't get there for the earlier opening time and lost benefits of those tickets. This would be the same as the first 10 rows of the seated floor. Just a thought.

Otherwise I am sad I only got 1 show this year, but man what a show. To see people from the US jealous make me grin. we got something really special. Melbourne Rocks!! Banking on a return visit in 3 years. The savings start now :) hope to meet more 10C people then.
  • Options
    Did anyone think this show was going to be anything other than awesome?!

I had 10C tix, but missed the 15 minute early entry, I still managed to get relatively close, but I am short, so I got a pretty good view of the shoulderblades of the people in front of me. It was pretty disappointing that I couldn't see much- I was so locked in that even the screens were hard to see at times. But the security were fantastic. It was so hot in that stadium, especially with the roof closed, but the water was constantly being passed around, which made the whole experience so much better.

Great setlist, fantastic atmosphere- Every single band member looked really happy and like they really wanted to be there. I think that added to great feeling in the place. 45,000 people got to experience something special. The music is real- that is why Pearl Jam are such a great band.

I especially liked the intro to Daughter 'to all the Daughters who prefer their fathers'. I went with my dad, who really enjoyed it too- but I highfived him after Eddie said that.

I think my highlight wasn't necessarily the concert, but what happened afterwards. When checking out of the hotel the next morning, there was a guy in a Pearl Jam shirt. At the airport before our flight there were so many people in Pearl Jam shirts and hats- even on the plane, I heard a few people behind me talking about the concert. I though it was great how many people travelled to see Pearl Jam. And everyone looks after each other. Makes me proud to be a fan!

I can't wait to get to the show in Sydney tonight to do it all over again!
    I said YEH!
  • Options
    does anyone know how long until the bootleg cd foe melbourne nov 20 is available how you gou about ordering it? :D
    i got a hard hard head
  • Options
    GD116561 wrote:
    how amped was Stone? 8th show over 14 years and that was up with the best. Stone was playing on his knees at Mikes feet at one stage, almost paying the 'we're not worthy' homage! Awesome Show, enjoy all you next show crew.

it was awesome watching him work, he was on fire. It was also great as I was a couple of people back off the barrier right in front of stone. They where all amped up, show was epic
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016