Options

*** Melbourne Fanviews Here 11/20/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    Oceans11 wrote:
    dont know why but felt i wanted to share this,after an awsome night Friday i got the blues real bad,missing Ed and the boys was one thing but my reality hit home hard.last tour i took my little sis to see PJ (her first time) it was the best night of our lives,but sadly she was ill with depression and passed away only 5months later :cry: so this time i had to go without her here,i had mixed emotions about it but knew she would be there in spirit rockin with me!How i wish i could tell her how awsome it was,they played a song Friday night that blew me away was even in the setlist "Brother" .......the song as it goes also says "hey little sister,you and me can rise above" well that song was for us both!!!Thanks so much for the memories Ed and boys,if only you knew how special that night in 2006 was for me ;)
    Thanks for sharing, I am sure your little sister was smiling from above listening to "Brother". Pearl Jam have always been bringing that personal touch in their songs and lots of us, PJ fans can relate to them. Let's just hope we won't wait for another 3 years to enjoy PJ live experience.

Aw thanks,it still amazes me that PJ and us fans feel like a big family,being at their show was like a family reunion,i love that!!!it may sound wierd but i got a sign from above that night so i know my sis was with me ;), it was very emotional hearing certain songs that remind me of her,Black was another moment"i know someday you'll have a beautiful life"......so special.

It feels great to be part of this big PJ family in which you can share your personal experiences with other fans. Pearl Jam and their songs got me through tough times and I hope they continue creating beautiful and inspirational songs for a long time....
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    We..Are...Fam-i-ly.
    I got all my sisters with me :lol:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    AlfonzAlfonz Posts: 125
    Easties wrote:
    locked wrote:
    qcrete wrote:
    AC/DC medley

what songs did they cover?

yes... anyone with an answer???

Whole Lotta Rosie. I wouldn't say it was really a Medley. There may have been another one after this one but this was the main riff Mike played.

Might have missed if someone else answered it in this thread, but it sounded to me like Mike went into a riff from Walk All Over You. Could be wrong, but they must have given the Highway to Hell album a few spins after what they played in Brisbane.
  • Options
    Speaking of emotion at seeing PJ..
    In Brissy, when they played IN HIDING i was totally unable to sing and tears were just flowing. Same for SMALL TOWN. And same back in 98 when they played Dissident in Adelaide.

I have no idea why... Can anyone tell me?? :shock:

na its ok, Its such a release it feels great!
    " Take my hand, not my picture"
  • Options
    VixenVixen Posts: 70
    davo81 wrote:
    In Brissy, when they played IN HIDING i was totally unable to sing and tears were just flowing. Same for SMALL TOWN. And same back in 98 when they played Dissident in Adelaide.

I guarantee i would of had the exact same reaction to In Hiding..i will hear it live one day..same goes for Wishlist! IT WILL HAPPEN..IT WILL HAPPEN!!

Some songs just hit home in a big way..i know exactly what you mean..and its not tears of sadness..its tears of overwhelming joy, excitement and satisfaction!!! Which Pearl Jam manages to deliver again and again.
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    Vixen wrote:
    davo81 wrote:

I guarantee i would of had the exact same reaction to In Hiding..i will hear it live one day..same goes for Wishlist! IT WILL HAPPEN..IT WILL HAPPEN!!

Some songs just hit home in a big way..i know exactly what you mean..and its not tears of sadness..its tears of overwhelming joy, excitement and satisfaction!!! Which Pearl Jam manages to deliver again and again.

Its funny, for me Wishlist on the 2000 tour was one of those 'meh' songs that i almost wanted to sit down during. Now its like a rarity.
  • Options
    davo81 wrote:

release did it too me in adeliade, small town in melbourne, yellow ledbetter always gets me too, cant think of the others of the top of my head
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • Options
    It took me a while due to computer gremlins.... finally

Corduroy - Melbourne
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN5xc1ua28U

I love the crowd in full voice around me :)

Enjoy!
    Adelaide 17th November 2009
    Melbourne 20th November 2009
    Sydney 22nd November 2009
    Brisvegas 25th November 2009
    www.flickr.com/photos/gerry_70/sets/72157622619096056/
  • Options
    It's been a while between posts for me, but seeing PJ again after 11 years has compelled me to contribute (rather than just lurk).

Went in with no real expectations, no song requests, just happy to be going. Can't remember a damn thing about the Wellington '98 show. Not due to any artificial impairment on my part, but just the fact it was so long ago and I was just 16. Remember going, Dissident, and that's pretty much it. Boo. (If anyone knows of any boot out in the ether for this, would love to hear from you).

We were about 20m back from the front, few people back from the front of Fixer Field, on the right of the middle barrier. Got 10c tix, but going with someone who wasn't that keen on getting there too early. Just happy to be guaranteed tix thru 10c mostly.

Liam Finn and Eliza Jane put on a good show. Not really familiar with their music, but sounded good. Some of it got pretty abstract, but can't fault the enthusiasm that's fer sure.

Ben was cool. Have lost track of his music over the last couple of albums, so only really recognised a couple, but a couple of the new ones really got me. Might be worth another listen. Hadn't really kept up on setlists etc this tour, so Under Pressure was a fantastic surprise. Ripper version too. Just sad won't be on the official boot, but I'm sure I can find some sort of copy out there somewhere.

It's already been sung, can't be said enough, but PJ were farkin amazing!! 2 1/2 hours, 156 songs, every one a cracker. Highlights for me were Oceans, Got Some, Baba (I'm limiting it to 3, though the whole thing was a highlight). Crowd around me were all pretty respectful and cool. Not a massive amount of movement/dancing/moshing etc, but I didn't really care. I moved my 6'7" ass around without a care in the world and loved it.

Got me a poster which I'm pretty amped about. Would have LOVED to get a tambourine, pick, setlist etc, but can't win 'em all. Maybe next tour I'll hook up with some 10 clubbers, get front row to give myself a better view and a better chance.

Enjoying seeing the photos/vids that are floating around. I took a couple, but I was too far back for my poor little camera to display anything other than a red blur.

Can't wait for the boot. Have enjoyed them in the past, just as a fan of hearing them live, but now to get one from a show I've actually been to will be something else again.

I could go on, but will leave it at that. Still on a high, already waiting for next time.....
  • Options
    Gerrycan70 wrote:

Corduroy - Melbourne

Enjoy!

Cheers for this! The crowd were loud in the Vid, but to be there in person... Now that was REALLY loud =D
  • Options
    ItsOKayeItsOKaye Posts: 191
    Gerrycan70 wrote:

Corduroy - Melbourne

Enjoy!
    I reckon you must have been standing next to me....I had the same view of the concert.
    Im loving all your videos. You could probably hear me singing along.....
    Im so happy with my righteous self..
  • Options
    ItsOKaye wrote:
    Gerrycan70 wrote:

Corduroy - Melbourne

Enjoy!
    I reckon you must have been standing next to me....I had the same view of the concert.
    Im loving all your videos. You could probably hear me singing along.....

Thanks Gerry for sharing the videos/photos, i was not far from you, with a camera not working, so good to see some photos from the night from the same area.
  • Options
    another great boot brining back images from a great show :D
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016