Options

*** Melbourne Fanviews Here 11/20/09 ***

KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
edited April 2010 in Given To Fly (live)
November 20, 2009, Melbourne, Australia, Etihad Stadium
Opening : Liam Finn, Ben Harper and Relentless7

Set List: Small Town, Corduroy, Animal, Got Some, Brother, Amongst The Waves, Even Flow, Oceans, Lukin, Green Disease, Force of Nature, Present Tense, Gonne See My Friend, Given To Fly, Daughter / Another Brick In The Wall Part 2-(Waters), Glorified G, The Fixer, Do the Evolution,

1st encore: The Needle And The Damage Done-(Young), Just Breathe, Red Mosquito w/ Ben Harper, Indifference w/ Ben Harper, Jeremy, Deep, Why Go, Porch

2nd encore: Throw Your Arms Around Me w/ Liam Finn-(Archer, Falconer, Howard, Miles, Seymour, Smith, Waters), Black, Spin The Black Circle, Alive, Baba O'Riley (Townshend), Yellow Ledbetter / AC/DC Medley-(Scott, Young, Young)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board. Please keep the thread for Fanviews....Thank you. :wave:
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    qcreteqcrete Posts: 133
    AC/DC medley

what songs did they cover?
  • Options
    AMAZING SHOW!!

Just got back and this may go down as the best Melbourne show I've been to yet (out of all of them).

Oceans was played instead of Hold On, the crowd was loud and BIG even Ed was impressed with how many ''friends we have in Melbourne'' which was easily more than 3 nights at Rod Laver. Amazing set list!!

THANK YOU PEARL JAM AND 10C for a fucking amazing show!! So tired ... but also the 10c members, you guys and girls are so nice and it was awesome meeting and talking to alot of you!

but also..
    A big thank you to the promoters who made the 10C line move to other side of the door and in doing so meant the last few hours we spent in line meant nothing after we lost about 100 places. Also a big thank you to those idiots who made their way up to about row 4 Stone's side where I and alot of other people, mostly females had to put up with your drunken shit. I'm sure some people will know who I mean, the guy who put he's little friend on his shoulders.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Brother is back!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Impressive little set you got there Melbourne
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    PaulDPaulD Posts: 6
    Hearing eight tracks from Ten live at one gig was pretty amazing - I'm not sure what that says about what they think of the Melbourne crowd - but I'm not complaining :D

They played Oceans after Evenflow - it's missing from the setlist in the first post.

That was my 8th PJ gig in 16 years, and I thought it was great. I was standing further back than I normally do (but still in the front section) and thought perhaps the crowd weren't into it as much as they should have been, but I guess that's just a symptom of not being amongst the hardcore fans. When the audience did perk up and sing the songs they all knew it was fantastic (Elderly Woman, Black, DTE, The Fixer, Jeremy etc.). Eddie's "attempt" (his word) at Needle and the Damage done was nice, an unexpected treat. He said he played it because Liam Finn played a Neil Young song during his opening set.

For a sports stadium, the sound was excellent. When Ben Harper started his vocals were awful so I was a bit worried, but it turns out it was just his mix, and they'd fixed it my the time Eddie joined him for Under Pressure. I was pleased they did Indifference together, but it didn't make quite the same impression on me as when I first saw Ben join them for it in NY in 2003 (the Live at the Garden gig). Maybe it was the lines they each did?

A special gig!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    You lucky Aussies, what a set
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    A mid-set Oceans? Fantastic!!!
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    WOW....3rd of my 5 shows and they came to play. Wow.

My 16 & 18 year old sons came to this one so was special once more.

My highlights.....

BROTHER !!!!! The crowd was quite....not many knew of the rarity.
    Oceans (not Hold On as stated)
    PRESENT TENSE ahhhhhhh
    Glorified G !

And after all this as the crowd began to condense...It was like it begun .....Up until now they were just warming up....

Needle and the damage done :)
    DEEP
    PORCH Yeahhhhhh (told you they would play this in Melbourne!)....I swear my soul improves each time i hear this song.
    I love BLACK .....Eddie just sing "we belong together" like the old days every now and again can you?
    Baba and then just to prove the trend of more more more for the night....
    YL with some AC/DC thrown in lol.

Thanks to Matt for the 10C tix. I couldn't stomach sitting in the seats for this one so PJ do something good with the $'s....and to all the nice folk standing around us......thankyou.

Too many highlights.....I hope you Melbournites realise how good that was......

Off to Sydney.....take care all.
    Going to All 5 Australian '09 shows.
  • Options
    Anyone have a pic of the poster?
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    edited November 2009
    Far Out Man. Spin the black circle. If I get this in Syd.......
    Oh and look, Pearl Jam practiced Black for Auck.....
    Post edited by Jo on
  • Options
    ItsOKayeItsOKaye Posts: 191
    Just got home...fantastic 1st concert! We were 2nd from the front with a great view of Eddie and Mike. Started off not too squashy but by the 3rd song a wave of people pushed us closer to the barrier with hardly room to breathe. It was like a sauna with the roof on but thanks to security we got plenty of water. Thanks also to the tall guy behind me from Adelaide who kept my back when things got squashy.

Loved the whole set but was extremely happy that they played black....also brother, oceans, Jeremy, deep etc.

Off to Sydney tomorrow but quite happy to have a seat there as I dont think I could do the standing up all day thing again....but it was well worth it this time!
    Im so happy with my righteous self..
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    That concert was an absolute blast, I'm still reeling from it and my ears are ringing! They played hit after hit and I was especially happy to hear Brother, Oceans and a song I've always loved DEEP with Why Go straight after Deep! I also loved Force of Nature which they didnt play in Adelaide, now I've heard all my particular favourites of BS live. Porch rocked live as usual and the guys had a great jamming session, they also played Animal which is another favourite of mine. I had a fantastic time second row from the front, Mike's side. I had the best view I've ever had of the guys, this being my 8th concert, although I've never been so squashed at a concert in all my life! I was really pleased when they sang Black as my friend, who'd never seen PJ live before, particularly wanted to hear it. The guys really know how to turn on a good show, they are consummate performers and I love watching them jam. Mike took off and ran around the stage again like he did in Adelaide, he really enjoys himself at concerts, it's obvious and I love interacting with him! No thanks to the (probably drunken) idiot who created a ruckus behind my friend and I whilst the band were playing Amongst the Waves, I really feared for my safety at one point and people around us were crying out for security to throw the guy out which mercifully they did. I dont know what that guy thought he was doing but he was an absolute tool! There had been no problems up til that point, why does someone like that have to spoil things?

I couldnt see most of the crowd behind me, but all us Ten Clubbers up the front were having a rage and there was a lot of singing going on. Hope Eddie was happy with the energy of the crowd!

Really looking forward to seeing the guys again in Sydney and Brisbane, 2 concerts down for me, another 2 to go! Keep it up guys, I'm absolutely loving seeing you perform!!
  • Options
    I am so SORE! concert just kept going. Around 2.5 hrs all up! So many highlights will write more after I sleep in. Holy crap though the stuff from ten didn't stop and oceans mid set was like :O anyway bed type more later! One last thing BEST CONCERT I've ever been to!!!
  • Options
    rawpixels wrote:

I'll post it when I wake up unless someone beats me to it or it was in the melb setlist thread. I thought it was cool =D
  • Options
    rawpixels wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59794835@N00/4119784920/
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    B-RockB-Rock Posts: 149
    Best show ever!

Oceans was epic mid set :D
    during baba Eddie ran pat us on the railing and I got to tap his hand!!
    Was proudly singin brother as not many people new it lol
    glorified g was awesome
    the whole 10 club area was great :) singing all the songs (except broher was a bit quiet)
    given to fly was awesome :)
    all the boys had a blast , Jeff was taking pictures of us after yellow Ledbetter and during led better mike tagged ac/dc!!! He had been wearing a Bon Scott shirt earlier!

All I can say is best birthday present ever
    Sydney 8-11-06, 18-11-06; Melbourne 20-11-09, Sydney 22-11-09, Manchester 20-06-12, 21-06-12
  • Options
    Just got back from the best PJ concert ever. My body is sore but I don't care... I am happy... got to hear 2 of my favourites - Present Tense and Oceans. How good was the set list- Brother, Deep, Glorified G....could not believe my ears. Now go to bed....will upload some videos on youtube later on... my fellow ten club members who were at the front, check them out, you might see yourselves on the big screen :D
  • Options
    B-Rock wrote:
    Best show ever!

Oceans was epic mid set :D
    during baba Eddie ran pat us on the railing and I got to tap his hand!!
    Was proudly singin brother as not many people new it lol
    glorified g was awesome
    the whole 10 club area was great :) singing all the songs (except broher was a bit quiet)
    given to fly was awesome :)
    all the boys had a blast , Jeff was taking pictures of us after yellow Ledbetter and during led better mike tagged ac/dc!!! He had been wearing a Bon Scott shirt earlier!

All I can say is best birthday present ever
    O yeah, thanks PJ, this show was the best B'day present for me as well
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,006
    Wow. This looks like a great set.
  • Options
    great setlist, looks like one of the best
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    great setlist, looks like one of the best

Talk about "Fourplay"!

Jeremy> Deep> Why Go> Porch..

and a mid-set "Oceans"...

this one will be tough to beat you lucky F'ers!

I'll be grabbing this boot for sure.

;)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Brother is back!

:shock:
    exactly what i focused on too!

:thumbup:
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    rawpixels wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59794835@N00/4119784920/

Thanks! I love it.
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    Kat wrote:
    November 20, 2009, Melbourne, Australia, Etihad Stadium
    Opening : Liam Finn, Ben Harper and Relentless7

Set List: Small Town, Corduroy, Animal, Got Some, Brother, Amongst The Waves, Even Flow, Oceans, Lukin, Green Disease, Force of Nature, Present Tense, Gonne See My Friend, Given To Fly, Daughter / Another Brick In The Wall Part 2-(Waters), Glorified G, The Fixer, Do the Evolution,

1st encore: The Needle And The Damage Done-(Young), Just Breathe, Red Mosquito w/ Ben Harper, Indifference w/ Ben Harper, Jeremy, Deep, Why Go, Porch

2nd encore: Throw Your Arms Around Me w/ Liam Finn-(Archer, Falconer, Howard, Miles, Seymour, Smith, Waters), Black, Spin The Black Circle, Alive, Baba O'Riley (Townshend), Yellow Ledbetter / AC/DC Medley-(Scott, Young, Young)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board. Please keep the thread for Fanviews....Thank you. :wave:

after 3/4 philly shows im seriously jealous you got to hear Brother, Deep, Oceans, Needle & Damage Done, RM & Indifference w/Ben Harper, TYAAM w/Liam Finn, and hear the Jeremy>Deep>Why Go>Porch "Ten" medley
    might have to pick up this boot and i dont normally buy boots to shows i havent been to
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    Even Flow - Oceans - Lukin trio? looks crazy ....! bring on some Oceans video!
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    What a setlist!!! Cannot wait to get this boot.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    great setlist,amazing really..and please 10c couse i dont see boys play in my country again,if u ever know when the band will play a celebration ten show,let me know please before with a pm.ill not tell anyone i promose ..but ill make my program to travel for that one..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BEST. SHOW. EVER!

Highlights : being at the show
    Lowlight : the closing

It was the most amazing pearl jam show I've ever been to.
    I've never been so unbelievable and undeniabley happy and breathless.
    I had to stand still for like 10 minutes after they finished just to remember how to breathe
    Baba orielly was mint
    Oceans
    Lukin
    Black

I couldn't pick a better concert for my life
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
  • Options
    I said to my mates before the show that Melbourne will be the GIG of the OZ tour, seriously I don't think Sydney & Brisbane will come close....AWESOME!

Hey I've received a few PM's rearding burning my vids to DVD, simple answer is NO. Firstly I don't have the time & secondly my videos are for myself but only too happy to share via youtube & facebook. So if you can respect me on that thanks :)

Best thing for you to do is buy the camera I use, I'm a semi pro photographer & the Panasonic Lumix TZ7 is what these are shot on.

So I filmed Animal, Corduroy, Given To Fly, Daughter, Why Go, Spin The Black Circle, Baba Oriely (i think that's the song) Throw Your Arms, and the Neil Young Cover. As I'm not home till Monday I can only put a couple up the rest will be next week..plus all my pictures, I have some mind blowing shots.

If u wanna add me to fb search Gerry Nicholls just mention Pearl Jam in add request.

So enjoy ANIMAL....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daBBUDShLKI

Given to Fly Up soon
    Adelaide 17th November 2009
    Melbourne 20th November 2009
    Sydney 22nd November 2009
    Brisvegas 25th November 2009
    www.flickr.com/photos/gerry_70/sets/72157622619096056/
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    Jeremy - Deep - Why Go

3 songs in a row on 12-strong bass! awesome!!

and then into Porch? more awesome!

Oceans, Brother, STBC....Indifference, Needle & Damage, Throw Your Arms, Black....

That's a hell of a setlist!