Options

*** Melbourne Fanviews Here 11/20/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    wow what a top show. My 6th show, and I was determined to be on Mikes side for the 1st time - and what a night to be there. Never seen Mike rock so hard.
    Few dicks in the mosh pit - as to be expected (all non TC members) but the nice people out weighed them!!

To the huge guy who pushed in front of us 4 girls and then spewed - you're a tosser. He kept saying he would be moving closer to the front, but guess he was too scared when we dared him to push in front of guys up front, and not push over girls. Thanks to the nice guys who pushed him out of our way when he was sick.

So many highlights, was just great to see them live again after 3 years of waiting. Oceans and Porch were my favourites for the night, best version I have heard of porch.

Still recovering, but I now have killer leg muscles ;)
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • Options
    ND260106ND260106 Posts: 101
    WOW. It was my second Pearl Jam show and i had a rough idea that i was not going to walk away disappointed. I was hoping for Rival, and maybe Crown of Thorns, but it is best not to be picky with them. As many of you have mentioned it was a long evening. I rolled in their at about 5:15 knowing that queues later in the evening were going to be hell. I enjoyed Liam Finn and Ben Harper but i was really there to see PJ, no disrespect to the others. SO i had my position right next to the sound desk, a very nice spot.

I had seen the Soundcheck and was hoping for Of The Girl as an opener, it would have been brilliant. Small Town was a good opener because the crowd were into it straight away. I expected Corduroy, but then Animal came out and the night just kept getting better. I was thrilled to hear Brother, i was the only one in my area who knew it, and it was the same for Present Tense. Oceans was a big surprise and the crowd responded well.

When they kept pumping out tracks from Ten i knew that the night was going to end brilliantly, and it did!

The highlights for me were:
    Brother - love the song
    Present Tense
    Why Go
    Oceans
    Red Mosquito
    Animal

A great night

thank you pearl jam!
    PJ
    2006 - Melbourne - Nov. 16
    2009 - Melbourne - Nov. 20
    2013 - LA Nov. 24 / Oakland - Nov. 26 / Portland Nov. 29 / Vancouver Dec. 4
    2014 - Melbourne - Jan. 24
    2018 - Boston - Sep. 2 / Boston Sep. 4
    EV
    2011 - Melbourne - Mar. 24
    2014 - Melbourne - Feb. 16 / Melbourne - Feb. 18
    TOTD
    2016 - Seattle - Nov. 21 / Seattle Nov. 22
  • Options
    This was the 4th time I've seen the guys play in Melbourne and as usual they didn't disappoint. Their energy on stage was phenomenal and Eddie looked like he was having a great time. Highlights for me: Indifference with Ben Harper gave me goosebumps and Black was awesome with the crowd singing along. The only drawback was some of the drunken losers who kept pushing forward when there wasn't any room to move.
  • Options
    I'm comin down hard. Best night ever. Eddie's solo Just Breathe would melt the hardest heart. Mike (Legend) Yellow Ledbetter, ( only thing that gets me to sleep!) and 2 & 1/2 hours was never gonna be enough! Wish I could follow PJ to the ends of the earth!
    I'm cryin myself to sleep coz its over!
    And if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • Options
    RaidenRaiden Posts: 137
    Well I went to Perth, Adelaide & Melb shows and am now in the post tour depression stage! :(

Perth = Best single highlight for me personally when Ed climbed on the T barrier right in front of us during Alive
    Adelaide = Still the best set-list so far, but only just over Melbourne. Best setting for a show plus they opened with Release. :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Melbourne = Best overall show. The huge crowd & closed roof definitely helped with the atmosphere and the 2 encores were absolutely amazing.

All up, 3 amazing shows with so many different songs played. Will be interesting to see how many different songs they play over the AU/NZ shows.

Let's hope we dont have to wait too long for the next tour.
  • Options
    Let's hope we dont have to wait too long for the next tour

Agreed Raiden.....hey really nice to meet you Tash and the others in Adelaide.

Take care and maybe see you next time.

PJD
    Going to All 5 Australian '09 shows.
  • Options
    I was concerned the shithole that is Docklands Stadium (I refuse to use the sponsor's name) would produce ordinary sound but I had nothing to worry about. Surely the band is currently at its peak live right now. Absolutley amazing show. Baba O'Reilly was the highlight for me. They just get better every time I see them. Thank you so much for the memories. You're the best.
    One for each day, since I fell apart
  • Options
    Well, that was a great time.

5th Pearl Jam gig for me and the first time I was near the front and it was a great experience to see them up close. The energy they create through music really encompassess and overwhelms at times. The four-track bit from Ten at the end of the 1st encore really elevated this gig I reckon. It was special to hear the formative songs of the band played in a row to a crowd of about 45,000.
  • Options
    That ten mini set was epic. It certainly got everyone around me fired up.

This show just had so many moments of absolute brilliance now that i think about it. The kind of moments that most bands really struggle to deliver just once in a set or entire tour.

full blown sing along during the opener
    performances of rarer songs brother & oceans
    given to fly (in the context of ed's dedication)
    ALWAYS KEEP IT LOOOAAAAADED!
    rocking the fark out to evolution
    Ed showcasing his vocal prowess on needle & the damage done
    ben's cameo
    ten mini set
    ed dedicating STBC to lovers of vinyl
  • Options
    Like most of the posters above I had a great time at the concert. I brought my 10 year old daughter along for her first concert and she loved it (although she was a little tired by the end). This way she can say that her first concert was Pearl Jam instead of Taylor Swift, whom she is planning to see next year :D

As a result of having my daughter with me I purchased seats on level 1 near the barrier between the Fixer and Backspacer GA sections. As I have had 10C seats for the last two tours it was a bit weird being that far away from the stage but the energy that the guys brought to the show meant that I soon got over that. The other downside to being in the seated area was that the people around us were mostly casual fans, so only got into singing for the more well known older songs - fortunately the set list lent itself well to this sort of audience!

Highlights for me were Oceans, Green Disease, Force of Nature and Got Some plus the crowd getting into the classics.

Awesome concert and I can't wait for the next tour now - apologies to those sitting around me for my appalling singing :)
  • Options
    DM76DM76 Posts: 55
    What a great night......a long day but certainly worth it. We got to Etihad at 1.30 pm and were worried as the lines for both 10C and entry already were about 50 deep.However when we finally got in at around 5pm ....my wife managed to get front row,and me right behind her.

One of the great things about PJ shows are the fans and met a lovely couple ( Joel and megan) as well as another girl (looks like she might be Vixen-with the wishlist poster),and we all had a great time...thanks guys.My wife caught one JA guitar pics and also was given one of EV's from his roadie, so those are some nice souvenirs.

As for the Music....well its all been said before. Best band in the world and they put on an epic performance.
    Both Adl and Melb concerts were different , but equally as enjoyable.

Thanks to all at PJ..for making the trek down under.Come Back!
    1995 ~ Canberra NATEX 1998 ~ Thebarton Oval Adelaide 2003 ~ Adelaide 1 & 2 (Ent Centre) 2006 ~ Adelaide 1 & 2 (Ent Centre) 2009 ~ Adelaide (Adelaide Oval) 2009 ~ Melbourne (Etihad Stadiuml) 2011 ~ Eddie Vedder 1& 2 ( Thebarton Theatre) 2014~ Gold Coast ( Big Day Out) 2014~ Melbourne ( Big Day Out) 2014~ Adelaide ( Big Day Out)
  • Options
    DM76 wrote:
    What a great night......a long day but certainly worth it. We got to Etihad at 1.30 pm and were worried as the lines for both 10C and entry already were about 50 deep.However when we finally got in at around 5pm ....my wife managed to get front row,and me right behind her.

One of the great things about PJ shows are the fans and met a lovely couple ( Joel and megan) as well as another girl (looks like she might be Vixen-with the wishlist poster),and we all had a great time...thanks guys.My wife caught one JA guitar pics and also was given one of EV's from his roadie, so those are some nice souvenirs.

As for the Music....well its all been said before. Best band in the world and they put on an epic performance.
    Both Adl and Melb concerts were different , but equally as enjoyable.

Thanks to all at PJ..for making the trek down under.Come Back!
    Hey you must have been near me!, I was the long haired git next to megan. We had a great spot....

oh and that JA picked bounced out of my hand, glad your wife caught it!
    10/11/06, 11/11/06, 13/11/06, 14/11/06, 16/11/06, 19/11/06, 21/11/06, 22/11/06.

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No. 35-+--+
  • Options
    ZimzuMZimzuM Posts: 209
    lol were you the 6 ft 5 guy with that annoying lesbian couple behind you?
    2/3/98 Melbourne, 18/2/03 Melbourne, 19/2/03 Melbourne, 20/2/03 Melbourne, 4/9/06 Lisbon, 5/9/06 Lisbon, 7/9/06 Madrid, 9/9/06 Marsielle, 11/9/06 Paris, 7/11/06 Sydney, 8/11/06 Sydney, 10/11/06 Brisbane, 11/11/06 Brisbane, 13/11/06 Melbourne, 14/11/06 Melbourne, 16/11/06 Melbourne, 20/11/00 Melbourne
  • Options
    WOW!!!Another awsome PJ show,my fourth one now and this was my fave show.got a great posse and admired the respect of the 10C fans rockin up close with me and making sure i could see as im only a little chick.Also loved that they played so many songs from Ten,Deep and Oceans were newies to their setlist this time,the crowd seemed to enjoy them as much as me!Still cant believe that Eddie ran up that walkway so close to me YAY :D ,its only taken me yrs to get that close to him!!!Now im suffering post concert blues,it always happens but knowing there was only one show here this time didnt help......at least i have great memories and awsome photos to show off to my friends hahaha!
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • Options
    mj351mj351 Posts: 218
    Does anyone know the piano piece of music being used to start each concert??
    Sounds 'Love Reign O'er Me'-ish, but I could be way off. Anyway, i love it..
    MJ

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,562
    mj351 wrote:
    MJ

Metamorphosis Two by Philip Glass.

Thanks, norm. :wave:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mj351mj351 Posts: 218
    imalive wrote:
    mj351 wrote:
    MJ

Metamorphosis Two by Philip Glass.

Thanks, norm. :wave:

Cheers norm

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • Options
    Apologies if this has been brought up elsewhere. This show was AMAZING! One of the best PJ shows (and therefore, shows of all time) I've been to! Went to the Perth show too.

Anyone know when/if the bootlegs are coming out for these Australian shows?

Thanks
  • Options
    ZimzuM wrote:

lol ...yep that was my wife and me, and yes those lesbians were annoying.(non 10c might i add)
    I cant recall how many times my size 14's crushed her toes....sometimes on purpose. ;)

To all the 10clubbers around us.....thanks for being cool ppl and making the night really enjoyable
    1995 ~ Canberra NATEX 1998 ~ Thebarton Oval Adelaide 2003 ~ Adelaide 1 & 2 (Ent Centre) 2006 ~ Adelaide 1 & 2 (Ent Centre) 2009 ~ Adelaide (Adelaide Oval) 2009 ~ Melbourne (Etihad Stadiuml) 2011 ~ Eddie Vedder 1& 2 ( Thebarton Theatre) 2014~ Gold Coast ( Big Day Out) 2014~ Melbourne ( Big Day Out) 2014~ Adelaide ( Big Day Out)
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    DM76 wrote:
    ZimzuM wrote:

lol ...yep that was my wife and me, and yes those lesbians were annoying.(non 10c might i add)
    I cant recall how many times my size 14's crushed her toes....sometimes on purpose. ;)

To all the 10clubbers around us.....thanks for being cool ppl and making the night really enjoyable

If you were the dude with the red shirt on thanks for not letting that Black Flag fan past you.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Its now day 3 since the show. Still buzzing from the life changing experience I had on friday night!!!!! The setlist was incredible, and was blown away with 4 in a row off Ten. Can't wait for Brisbane, bring it on!!!!!!
    I've also also grown weary about reading about clouds in a book. Doesn't this piss you off? You're reading a nice story, and suddenly the writer has to stop and describe the clouds. Who cares? I'll bet you anything I can write a decent novel, with a good, entertaining story, and never once mention the clouds. Really! Every book you read, if there's an outdoor scene, an open window, or even a door slightly ajar, the writer has to say," As Bo and Velma walked along the shore, the clouds hung ponderously on the horizon like steel-grey, loosely formed gorilla turds." I'm not interested. Skip the clouds and get to the fucking!
  • Options
    ZimzuMZimzuM Posts: 209
    DM76 wrote:
    ZimzuM wrote:

My missus was the short chick to your right and I was in the blue had behind her. That annoying non 10c chick at one point goes "omg ive lined up since 4". By 4 most of us clocked up enough time for annual leave lol.

But these crowds are nothing. In madrid one of the 10C guys I met got pissed on by a spanish guy. There was no excuse me, they tried barging through everyone with elbows. It was quite funny when 5 ft 8 guys were trying to force there was in front of me at 6 ft 2. Yeah right.

Pretty much whenever you saw a rude bastard they had the black wrist band on. Generally 10cers help each other out. The barrier is good because you might get a souvenir but fuck anywhere at the front is the same shit.
    2/3/98 Melbourne, 18/2/03 Melbourne, 19/2/03 Melbourne, 20/2/03 Melbourne, 4/9/06 Lisbon, 5/9/06 Lisbon, 7/9/06 Madrid, 9/9/06 Marsielle, 11/9/06 Paris, 7/11/06 Sydney, 8/11/06 Sydney, 10/11/06 Brisbane, 11/11/06 Brisbane, 13/11/06 Melbourne, 14/11/06 Melbourne, 16/11/06 Melbourne, 20/11/00 Melbourne
  • Options
    "My missus was the short chick to your right and I was in the blue had behind her. "

Hoping my height didnt ruin her view....I was conscious that maybe I impeded her view but I tried to stay left a bit. Just a bit hard when Melissa Etheridge kept bumping me all night. :D
  • Options
    DM76 wrote:
    "My missus was the short chick to your right and I was in the blue had behind her. "

Hoping my height didnt ruin her view....I was conscious that maybe I impeded her view but I tried to stay left a bit. Just a bit hard when Melissa Etheridge kept bumping me all night. :D

Did she bring you some water? loool.gif (Haven't heard that song in years)
    Adelaide 17th November 2009
    Melbourne 20th November 2009
    Sydney 22nd November 2009
    Brisvegas 25th November 2009
    www.flickr.com/photos/gerry_70/sets/72157622619096056/
  • Options
    swans05swans05 Posts: 108
    did she caress you?
  • Options
    GetAttachmentsetlist.jpg

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet.
    Nice to know I could still "work it" to get a set list ;) , had to tell my husband to not stand next to me! :lol:
    Sydney ♥ March 10, 1995
    Sydney ♥ March 11, 1995
    Melbourne ♥ November 20, 2009
    To be continued... March 25, 2011 EV Solo Yeeeeeeeew!
  • Options
    What a shame Unthought Known was crossed out, would have been so good to hear that live!
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Options
    IAmEdsIAmEds Posts: 15
    I was just reading everyones posts, and Its great to know that there is a name for the lul that comes after PJ's concert. I suffer the blues bad after the show is over! Stella show that it was, I wonder how Ed's vioce is now after sydney?
    Ive got ticks to Bris but cant make it... :(
  • Options
    thanks for posting the setlist,i would have done the same as you,whatever it takes, a great score by the way!!!Wish i got tix to more shows,still feeling the post gig blues, least i got about 100 great pics and recorded a few songs....
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • Options
    Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    LivLivLiv wrote:
    What a shame Unthought Known was crossed out, would have been so good to hear that live!

Same here - the one song from Backspacer I wanted to hear.

I wonder what was crossed out after Black???
    Take me for a ride before we leave...