Options

*** Melbourne Fanviews Here 11/20/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    Better Man is crossed out after Black .... sorry bad pic I guess... I can read through though.
    Sydney ♥ March 10, 1995
    Sydney ♥ March 11, 1995
    Melbourne ♥ November 20, 2009
    To be continued... March 25, 2011 EV Solo Yeeeeeeeew!
  • Options
    Needle and the damage done ......spoilt rotten is all i can say .
  • Options
    WOOOOOWWWWWW, still buzzing!!! I have been to every show in Melbourne since 1995. And I would have to say, hands down the best!!! Sure I got to touch Eddie when he stage dived on top of us at the Myer Music Bowl, and the fence came crashing down, and it was intense and the hype was out of control. But a greater show and set-list I have not witnessed as i did last Friday.

How can they just get better and better and better?! it is astounding. I noticed a few people said that this set will be hard to top, you've got that right!! Almost ALL OF TEN!! my favourite GREEN DISEASE, Needle and the damage done, throw your arms around me, a tribute to the mighty RICHO one of my football heros. They even had a footy team piece of merch (shame it was Collingwood, or I would have snapped it up) but it shows their research and care for their fans., They were so bloody humble. 45,000 people, and after 20 years they still said "wow, we didn't think this many people would come" AMAZING. They are perfect, their music, their attitude, their politics... you can't get a better package.

Thank-you Thank-you Thank-you Boys. Come back soon!!!
  • Options
    Just got back from Sydney so I finally get to post my review of the Melbourne! This was the first time I was among ten club members at a PJ concert, and I hope it won't be the last! The person who was supposed to come with me to the concert couldn't make it early to line up, so I did it on my own to get to the front. Lined up from 8am. Thanks to all those ones around me for being so nice and chatting with me! (I'm the aussie shirt gal for those near me lol). Thought I was gonna be a loner but I met some great people. Ten Club members are the best. Had a great time, loved the setlist and its always good to see the boys in good form. Shame about the roof being closed, but maybe next tour Melbourne will get their concert under the stars lol. Oceans mid-set....hell yeaaahhhh
  • Options
    Still pumped from Friday night, would have to rate as the 'best' concert i've ever been to. Can't wait for the bootleg to come out.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    melbgirl wrote:
    Still pumped from Friday night, would have to rate as the 'best' concert i've ever been to. Can't wait for the bootleg to come out.

here here.
    That was a religious experience.
    I am still buzzing on a high, this will last forever lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    shaneo wrote:
    WOOOOOWWWWWW, still buzzing!!! I have been to every show in Melbourne since 1995. And I would have to say, hands down the best!!! Sure I got to touch Eddie when he stage dived on top of us at the Myer Music Bowl, and the fence came crashing down, and it was intense and the hype was out of control. But a greater show and set-list I have not witnessed as i did last Friday.

How can they just get better and better and better?! it is astounding. I noticed a few people said that this set will be hard to top, you've got that right!! Almost ALL OF TEN!! my favourite GREEN DISEASE, Needle and the damage done, throw your arms around me, a tribute to the mighty RICHO one of my football heros. They even had a footy team piece of merch (shame it was Collingwood, or I would have snapped it up) but it shows their research and care for their fans., They were so bloody humble. 45,000 people, and after 20 years they still said "wow, we didn't think this many people would come" AMAZING. They are perfect, their music, their attitude, their politics... you can't get a better package.

Thank-you Thank-you Thank-you Boys. Come back soon!!!

Eddie was so stoked at the crowd and atmosphere.
    Remember mid song how he said ''fucking amazing''.
    That was awesome, us Melburnians rocked that night.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Needle and the damage done ......spoilt rotten is all i can say .

I Think We all Are spoilt rotten, If we stopped to think about it. :) Some fans seem to think they are owed something from them??? WTF?
    I couldn't name another artist in 20 years who would say " The show must go on ", others would have postponed the show and then not even followed through with the promise.....
    Ed was visibly in pain, the only reason he pushed through was for the band and the people passionate enough to line up in 46 degree heat, and the other 30k - people who also showed up.
    Ed kept punishing himself, and he would have woken the next day even more ill for his doing.
    What a band!!!!
    PEARL JAM.
  • Options
    I wonder why Better Man got crossed off???????????
  • Options
    Mr Rick wrote:

To piss off all those hit lovers in the crowd. :D
  • Options
    Mr Rick wrote:

To piss off all those hit lovers in the crowd. :D

I think you could be right :D . But why do they cross songs off, was it to make room for oceans?

I would have loved to hear supersonic but I could not care less as the show was amazing. But we got to hear other great songs like oceans,present tense, Red Mosquito, spin the black circle, and basically everything else that was played.
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • Options
    Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    Did anyone get one of the footballs they kicked into the crowd at the end? were they signed?
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • Options
    just read comments from fans at Sydney show,poor Ed wasnt well at all.....shorter set list than Melbourne he didnt have the same energy either,so for us who were at the Melbourne show we got the BEST,cant top our night!!!Still blown away by the experience and gratefull our setlist was massive,thanks PJ for giving us all!!!
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,860
    2nd show of 4 for me down-under. What a venue! I don't think I've been to a bigger stadium than this before! Was really glad it was over-cast, as the heat can be oppresive. The stadium roof closed worked so well for Ben Harper's mid-set dueting (....scream my lungs out so I can fill this roooooooommmmm.....!)
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    As much as I would have loved to see the stars... I think the sound would be better with the roof on?
    Who decides on roof on/off?
    Not sure.... saw Chili Peppers there a few years back and roof was on then too.
    Sydney ♥ March 10, 1995
    Sydney ♥ March 11, 1995
    Melbourne ♥ November 20, 2009
    To be continued... March 25, 2011 EV Solo Yeeeeeeeew!
  • Options
    As much as I would have loved to see the stars... I think the sound would be better with the roof on?
    Who decides on roof on/off?
    Not sure.... saw Chili Peppers there a few years back and roof was on then too.

the stadium deciedes roof open or cloosed as they closed it the night before the PJ gig
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • Options
    The weather decided the roof issue.

With electrical storms around Melbourne to roof was always going to be closed.

Green Day played there with an open roof and the sound was fine...
  • Options
    The AFL balls kicked were signed..! It landed 3 meters away from me.. bad luck..
    Maybe more luck tonight in Brissy! What a gig though!
    Does anybody agree on a special ten club area to keep drunk tossers out of the front?
    I mean.. early entry is cool but.... ;-)
  • Options
    Kv248896 wrote:
    The AFL balls kicked were signed..! It landed 3 meters away from me.. bad luck..
    Maybe more luck tonight in Brissy! What a gig though!
    Does anybody agree on a special ten club area to keep drunk tossers out of the front?
    I mean.. early entry is cool but.... ;-)

either way we would still have trouble with the drunk tossers, i loved early entry and on stones side there where only three people that got past me and one guy being tosser. Everyone else was great, friendly and I had a blast.
    New York - May 02 - 2016