*** London, O2 Arena Fanviews Here 8/18/09 ***

Comments

• PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    It really did sound great, better than Manchester did. Both were amazing though, I don't have a favourite of the two.
  • JammittJammitt Posts: 37
    Review from Evening Standard

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/music/gig ... d=23734064

Pearl Jam are in perfect harmony with their fans
    By John Aizlewood, Evening Standard 19.08.09 More reviews by John Aizlewood
    Mr Chat: the usually sulky frontman Eddie Vedder was in a talkative mood

From the Borderline in '92 to the O2 in '09, it's been a long slog for Pearl Jam.

With Soundgarden and Nirvana long gone, they are the last band standing of the Seattle grunge titans who changed the course of pop music in the early Nineties.

These days, they're standing taller than ever and last night's 28-song jamboree sold out in 14 minutes.

More to the point, having spent much of this century in a water-treading coma, they have re-engaged and for all singer Eddie Vedder's protestations that "we have to pace ourselves these days", last night's nearly three-hour set suggests these fortysomethings are not wilting.

It's taken them a while and although you wouldn't know it from Vedder's unbecoming outfit of shorts, trainers and socks, Pearl Jam have grown up.

Where once they were sulkier than a poutload of supermodels, these days Vedder is Mr Chat and his colleagues Mr Smiles.

Surprising as it seemed, Vedder (now resembling the improbable offspring of Bill Bailey and Mission-period Robert De Niro) actually seemed to enjoy himself.

When covering The Who's Love Reign O'er Me; Holland-Dozier-Holland's Leaving Here or even the ominous Victoria Williams obscurity Crazy Mary, he glowed, a singing child in a musical sweetshop.

To the delight of an audience including actors Josh Brolin, Jonah Hill, Tim Robbins (to whom Vedder dedicated Blood) and Diane Lane, they embraced old and new.

During the elderly Even Flow, Mike McCready's guitar solo lasted so long Vedder had time to smoke a cigarette. They are Pearl Jam; they are above the law.

The new material sizzled too, particularly the fierce Got Some and, on its live debut, Supersonic.

Along the way, they paid homage to O2 no-show Michael Jackson with a burst of Ben before Rats (Ben being a rat in Jackson's song) and snuck in rarities such as I Got ID.

Ultimately though, this was that rarest of exchanges: a band and their audience in perfect harmony, literally during the singalong that was Alive.

"After tonight, we won't be in Europe for some time," explained Vedder. They're welcome back any time.
  • Wow!
    What an incredible night!

The venue and sound were awesome and thanks to 10 Club for getting me standing tickets! The atmosphere down the front was wicked.

Highlights were Footsteps, Crazy Mary, Hail Hail, Betterman.

I really love the new stuff and can't wait for the new album although I really missed hearing stuff from the last 'Pearl Jam' album - they only did one song - Life Wasted. Would have loved a few more from that album.

Eddies voice was flawless and I found 'Light years' which he dedicated to his friend who passed away yesterday very moving - it was a form of cathasis for him.

Woke up this morning at 5.30am worrying about the fact he said they wouldn't be touring for a few years - that has hit me hard especially as I am on a massive anti-climax today anyway.
    If only I were rich, I could spend my time following them from gig to gig!

Rock on Pearl Jam. We love you
    x
    Hayley
    "makes much more sense to live in the present tense"
    Wembley Arena - Oct 29, 1996
    Wembley Arena - May 29, 2000
    Astoria - Apr 20, 2006
    Reading Festival - Aug 27, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009
  • Bertan - I cried as well during Release.. that song has a lot of meaning for me... it was the last song I shared with a great friend before he passed away.. when they opened with that song-- it was like my friend was there with me... and I balled my eyes out.. I am crying just thinking about it... it was IMMENSE! So SO happy just because of that one moment... although the entire concert blew the roof off...

bertan wrote:
    supersonic definitely sounded like mankind (which is a good thing for me), but i still like got some the best.

i'm too tired to write a detailed review, but i have to say this was my 3rd pearl jam concert and i always wanted release as an opener. finally hadi it tonitght, and it was fucking amazing! the crowd was loud as hell, i couldn't stop crying like a baby, it was really emotional. lots of love to everyone who screamed their lungs out, cheers :)
  • Alive 79Alive 79 Posts: 100
    Jammitt wrote:
    Review from Evening Standard

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/music/gig ... d=23734064

Pearl Jam are in perfect harmony with their fans
    By John Aizlewood, Evening Standard 19.08.09 More reviews by John Aizlewood
    Mr Chat: the usually sulky frontman Eddie Vedder was in a talkative mood

From the Borderline in '92 to the O2 in '09, it's been a long slog for Pearl Jam.

With Soundgarden and Nirvana long gone, they are the last band standing of the Seattle grunge titans who changed the course of pop music in the early Nineties.

These days, they're standing taller than ever and last night's 28-song jamboree sold out in 14 minutes.

More to the point, having spent much of this century in a water-treading coma, they have re-engaged and for all singer Eddie Vedder's protestations that "we have to pace ourselves these days", last night's nearly three-hour set suggests these fortysomethings are not wilting.

It's taken them a while and although you wouldn't know it from Vedder's unbecoming outfit of shorts, trainers and socks, Pearl Jam have grown up.

Where once they were sulkier than a poutload of supermodels, these days Vedder is Mr Chat and his colleagues Mr Smiles.

Surprising as it seemed, Vedder (now resembling the improbable offspring of Bill Bailey and Mission-period Robert De Niro) actually seemed to enjoy himself.

When covering The Who's Love Reign O'er Me; Holland-Dozier-Holland's Leaving Here or even the ominous Victoria Williams obscurity Crazy Mary, he glowed, a singing child in a musical sweetshop.

To the delight of an audience including actors Josh Brolin, Jonah Hill, Tim Robbins (to whom Vedder dedicated Blood) and Diane Lane, they embraced old and new.

During the elderly Even Flow, Mike McCready's guitar solo lasted so long Vedder had time to smoke a cigarette. They are Pearl Jam; they are above the law.

The new material sizzled too, particularly the fierce Got Some and, on its live debut, Supersonic.

Along the way, they paid homage to O2 no-show Michael Jackson with a burst of Ben before Rats (Ben being a rat in Jackson's song) and snuck in rarities such as I Got ID.

Ultimately though, this was that rarest of exchanges: a band and their audience in perfect harmony, literally during the singalong that was Alive.

"After tonight, we won't be in Europe for some time," explained Vedder. They're welcome back any time.

What a sweet review!
    Underneath this smile lies everything........... all my hopes, anger, pride and shame
  • big-albig-al Posts: 1
    What can I say?! Seen the boys 5 times now, and apart from the Astoria gig, that was the best gig ever of all time, including other bands!! The setlist was like a dream come true, to open with Release and close with Yellow has had me smiling so much, my face hurts!! I am so proud of that they're my fav band, the ultimate band-top-trump!!

P.s, was it just me, or was the solo for Even Flow mind blowingly epic?!?!?!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Alive 79 wrote:
    What a sweet review!

except...
    ...having spent much of this century in a water-treading coma..."

what the feck does that mean...? :? :roll: :roll:

albums in 2000, 2003, 2006 and now 2009, plus tours of one form or another in 2000 and 2003 thru 2009 doesn't sound like a band 'treading water' to me... :D

anyway, last night was insanely awesome. awesomeness encapsulated to quote someone Scottish... fantastic setlist, performance and crowd. i'm not going to bitch about the setlist (would have loved to see Brain Of J, and my Jeremy-less string of concerts goes on... ;) ) because unless they play for about 5 hours they'll never fit in everything i want at one show! did i see someone complain that there were as many as 9 repeats from SBE...???!!! talk about glass half-empty - that means they just played 19 DIFFERENT songs!! :lol:

SBE will still probably be my favourite show simply for the size of venue and closeness to the band, but last night's setlist blew it out the water.

enjoy the US shows, folks, you should be in for some real treats!
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • What a fucking week. SBE, Berlin and the O2. Incredibly last night came very close to eclipsing Berlin. A close call but I think the venue in Berlin tips the balance. The band seems in perfect harmony, the interplay between Mike and Boom during Crazy Mary was fantastic. Stone is bouncing around and looking as happy onstage as I have ever seen him and Ed's voice just gets better and better (think I might take up a diet of red wine and ciggies if that's the result lol). Miles better than SBE where I felt they were a bit off the pace (and got slaughtered for suggesting it) but I think anyone at all 3 would say that SBE was outdone by the other 2 gigs.

The only questions right now are 1) when will they be back? and 2) how the hell do they top those performances?

Best live band in the world right now and probably the best live band of the last 30 years.
    London Wembley Arena - Oct 28, 1996; Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 04, 2000; ; ; Cardiff Arena - Jun 06, 2000; Seattle Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002; ; London Astoria - Apr 20, 2006; Portland Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall - Jul 20, 2006; Berlin Wuhlheide - Sep 23, 2006; London Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007; London Shepherd's Bush Empire - Aug 11, 2009; Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009; London O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009; London Hyde Park - June 25, 2010; Berlin Wulheide - June 30, 2010; Alpine Valley PJ20 East Troy - Sep 03, 2011; Alpine Valley PJ20 East Troy - Sep 04, 2011; Berlin O2 Arena - July 04, 2012; Barclays Center, Brooklyn - October 18, 2013; Barclays Center, Brooklyn - October 19, 2013; San Siro, Milan - June 20, 2014; Milton Keynes - July 11, 2014; Central Park, New York - September 26, 2015; Maracana, Rio de Janeiro -November 22, 2015
  • Just got into work after 3 days out and about. Posted a reply message on the Manchester forum thread too.

We saw the Manchester gig and after a bit of stress at the beginning had a fab time. We ended up staying a grotty hotel in Manchester and then headed to London Tuesday afternoon.

Arrived at O2 Arena around 5pm with a bottle of red wine, some cheese and ham, and some rolls. Got our tickets from the fan club stalls then sat in our car in the sunshine chilling out. Met a really nice couple of guys; one from Swansea and another from Boston, USA. Had a good old chat with them and then headed in to the Arena.

This time we were seated in section 101 with a great view (although less intimate than the standing area!). Noticed that with the standing area at the O2 Arena it was much more relaxed than the front section at the Manchester gig. Eddie told everyone to chill out and move back a few paces for space.

Just cant believe I experienced such an amazing gig. I feel I need a week off just to take it in!

Big thanks to Pearl Jam again, you were awesome. As per my message on the Manchester thread my wife is now a big fan and wants to come to more gigs. She is from Jamaica and this was her first big 'rock' (used loosely) gig.

Headed home last night and got in around 3am. Had a work conference call at 9:30am this morning and the lyrics kept coming back to me "I've tasted a life wasted, and I am never going back again". Am feeling the blues in work right now. Gutted to be back and imagining what PJ are up to probably prepping for Canada and getting flights etc. Would be nice to be having a cup of tea and a chat with them on the plane...alas, back to the grindstone.

Thanks everyone who made our experience so good. The vibe is still there strong. Been a long time since I first heard MotherLoveBone. Some US backpackers passed me a tape with them on and from there I was hooked. Pearl Jam was a revelation and they have become the band closest to my heart.

Keep up the fabulous work guys. Thanks so much. If you ever need a tea boy, please get in touch. I also have basic carpentry and plumbing skills, and make a mean sandwich...hey, you never know!

8-)
    "Não há tempo para amanha" - M.R.
  • Red-ManRed-Man Posts: 62
    What a fucking week. SBE, Berlin and the O2. Incredibly last night came very close to eclipsing Berlin. A close call but I think the venue in Berlin tips the balance. The band seems in perfect harmony, the interplay between Mike and Boom during Crazy Mary was fantastic. Stone is bouncing around and looking as happy onstage as I have ever seen him and Ed's voice just gets better and better (think I might take up a diet of red wine and ciggies if that's the result lol). Miles better than SBE where I felt they were a bit off the pace (and got slaughtered for suggesting it) but I think anyone at all 3 would say that SBE was outdone by the other 2 gigs.

The only questions right now are 1) when will they be back? and 2) how the hell do they top those performances?

Best live band in the world right now and probably the best live band of the last 30 years.

Agreed on the Berlin venue - truly, a special place and all round experience. The '06 gig there remains my favourite, but the set-list and performance of the band made last night just as unique.
  • scottewing wrote:
    What a fucking week. SBE, Berlin and the O2. Incredibly last night came very close to eclipsing Berlin. A close call but I think the venue in Berlin tips the balance. The band seems in perfect harmony, the interplay between Mike and Boom during Crazy Mary was fantastic. Stone is bouncing around and looking as happy onstage as I have ever seen him and Ed's voice just gets better and better (think I might take up a diet of red wine and ciggies if that's the result lol). Miles better than SBE where I felt they were a bit off the pace (and got slaughtered for suggesting it) but I think anyone at all 3 would say that SBE was outdone by the other 2 gigs.

Agreed on the Berlin venue - truly, a special place and all round experience. The '06 gig there remains my favourite, but the set-list and performance of the band made last night just as unique.

Was there in 06 too. Do you think 06 was better? Close call but I think Saturday just shaded it. I get the feeling the band really enjoy playing there and I have to say that I think the German crowds are fantastic.
    London Wembley Arena - Oct 28, 1996; Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 04, 2000; ; ; Cardiff Arena - Jun 06, 2000; Seattle Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002; ; London Astoria - Apr 20, 2006; Portland Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall - Jul 20, 2006; Berlin Wuhlheide - Sep 23, 2006; London Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007; London Shepherd's Bush Empire - Aug 11, 2009; Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009; London O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009; London Hyde Park - June 25, 2010; Berlin Wulheide - June 30, 2010; Alpine Valley PJ20 East Troy - Sep 03, 2011; Alpine Valley PJ20 East Troy - Sep 04, 2011; Berlin O2 Arena - July 04, 2012; Barclays Center, Brooklyn - October 18, 2013; Barclays Center, Brooklyn - October 19, 2013; San Siro, Milan - June 20, 2014; Milton Keynes - July 11, 2014; Central Park, New York - September 26, 2015; Maracana, Rio de Janeiro -November 22, 2015
  • Amazing show - I am new to PJ live (having seen my first three shows during the course of the last week!) and have to say they really blew me away. Loved the level of improv live which although you get on the bootlegs feels so much more intense first person. Highlights for me were Porch and Crazy Mary. Immense. Was sad when Eddie made the 'no Europe for a while' comment, but just noticed they are playing in LA when I'm over so show #4 isn't too far away :D .
    solace23 wrote:
    This is why I continue to see the band. my 12th show last night and it blew me away. We were on the floor (Mike Side) and a girld proposed to her boyfriend during Black. Quite a cool moment.

Who was the guy that died they were talking about. Cause it is pretty obvious the set was written around that.

Not sure if someone has answered this yet... I *think* it might be the guy that Into The Wild is about. I defintely heard Eddie say "Johnson" and something about today/anniversary. The guy Christopher Johnson McCandless died on August 18th '92... so would tally with the date. But it could very well be someone else - that was for Light Years. Rats was Jacko.
  • Red-ManRed-Man Posts: 62
    scottewing wrote:

Was there in 06 too. Do you think 06 was better? Close call but I think Saturday just shaded it. I get the feeling the band really enjoy playing there and I have to say that I think the German crowds are fantastic.

I can't vouch for Saturday, but yes, '06 was my favourite gig 'experience' ever.
    That's not too belittle last night in way though, as it was a class act.
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Holy crap that was something else!! :shock:

Great to see so many familiar (and new) faces before, during and after:

Dunk, Pip, V, Al (& Mrs), Helen, Jenny, Emmi, Wolf, jrd, Karim, Keith, Sian, Audio, Scratchin, harmless, Urbanhippie, Jo and Chris (sorry didn't catch pit names!!) - makes it that much more special :)

If I forgot anyone sorry!! :oops:

Pajo - we waved when Eddie was talking about the flags but your eyes were fixed on the stage ;) Saw the Zagreb banner at Manchester, I hope they remember too and come back to see you soon 8-)
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    Amazing show - I am new to PJ live (having seen my first three shows during the course of the last week!) and have to say they really blew me away. Loved the level of improv live which although you get on the bootlegs feels so much more intense first person. Highlights for me were Porch and Crazy Mary. Immense. Was sad when Eddie made the 'no Europe for a while' comment, but just noticed they are playing in LA when I'm over so show #4 isn't too far away :D .
    solace23 wrote:
    This is why I continue to see the band. my 12th show last night and it blew me away. We were on the floor (Mike Side) and a girld proposed to her boyfriend during Black. Quite a cool moment.

Who was the guy that died they were talking about. Cause it is pretty obvious the set was written around that.

Not sure if someone has answered this yet... I *think* it might be the guy that Into The Wild is about. I defintely heard Eddie say "Johnson" and something about today/anniversary. The guy Christopher Johnson McCandless died on August 18th '92... so would tally with the date. But it could very well be someone else - that was for Light Years. Rats was Jacko.

Didnt he say Jeff Johnson? If so, he's a surfer
    Underneath this smile lies everything........... all my hopes, anger, pride and shame
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    UKDave wrote:
    Holy crap that was something else!! :shock:

Great to see so many familiar (and new) faces before, during and after:

Dunk, Pip, V, Al (& Mrs), Helen, Jenny, Emmi, Wolf, jrd, Karim, Keith, Sian, Audio, Scratchin, harmless, Urbanhippie, Jo and Chris (sorry didn't catch pit names!!) - makes it that much more special :)

If I forgot anyone sorry!! :oops:

ditto. :shock:
    ditto.
    ditto.
    and ditto...!

shows aside ( ;) ) it was great to meet up with everyone before, after and during!
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • yeehareyeehare Posts: 15
    You wait 17 years and 8 months for a Pearl Jam gig, and then two come along at once! And then you realise that, whilst they were worth the wait, with a band as sh*t hot as this you really should have made more of an effort to see them over the preceeding 17 years.

But I shan't cry over spilt milk - and it's impossible to cry when you're feeling as elated as I am after seeing them at the O2 last night. SBE was awesome and will always live in my heart as that special time that I saw my favourite band in one of my favourite venues, but last night brought a totally diferent dimension to things. They were so on, and they filled that venue and made it feel like it was half the size (as evidenced by UncleSpaggles experience from the top row!)

When I saw the setlist from Manchester my heart sank a bit cos there were a few in there that they didn't play at SBE that I was dying to hear and thought they might not pull them out again - but they didn't disappoint. Black, Rats, Porch, Release, Light Years, Rats, Crazy Mary, I Got ID, Blood ... God, the list goes on and on. I suppose it was too much to ask to repeat the change-up of closing with Indifference, but who cares when Yellow Ledbetter sounds that good!

So Ed says they won't be back for a while? I will not be repeating the mistakes of my "youth" and letting the mere matter of a few thousand miles and a couple of oceans stop me from seeing this band. If they are not coming here then I'm sure as hell going wherever they are. You can't put a price on feeling this good the day after a gig - and for me there is only one band in the world that can do that. Thank you PJ for doing what you do - you make my world a happy place!
    London 11 August 2009, London 18 August 2009, Manchester 20 June 2012, EV London 1 August 2012, Chicago Wrigley 19 July 2013, Amsterdam 16 June 2014, Milton Keynes 11 July 2014, NYC 1 May 2016, EV London 6 June 2017, EV London 7 June 2017, Rio de Janeiro 21 March 2018, Amsterdam 12 June 2018, Amsterdam 13 June 2018, London 18 June 2018, Rome 26 June 2018, Berlin 5 July 2018, London 17 July 2018, London 8 July 2022, London 9 July 2022, Vienna 20 July 2022, Amsterdam 24 July 2022, Amsterdam 25 July 2022, Fort Worth 13 September 2023, Fort Worth 15 September 2023.
  • icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    Was an amazing night, and one that will always hold a special significance for me - during Insignificance I got a text from my mum to let me know my granddad had passed away (he'd been terminally ill for a long time and we'd all accepted what was coming a few weeks ago when he went into hospital for the last time). Then Black came on and I burst into tears.

So so sorry to hear about your grandad Dr Emmett. It's awful when that happens. Same thing happened to me after a football game, we (Sheff Weds) had just won in the last minute to secure our spot in the playoffs, by beating Hull at their ground a few years ago. I was euphoric until I got a text minutes after to say my gran had passed away - we saw it coming a day or two before but still doesn't stop the hurt, sort of mixed feelings about that day.

But it's amazing how powerful music can be. Black is a fantastic tune and holds very special meanings to me for the same reason. So does Alive, due to family reasons. Great that you can be touched by this song and hopefully you and your family are all ok at this horrible time. I hope the gig was everything what you could have asked for and more.
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
    So Ed says they wont be back for a while. How about a 20th anniversary tour???
  • icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    Alive 79 wrote:
    So Ed says they wont be back for a while. How about a 20th anniversary tour???

That will be a US tour then I expect!
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
  • Alive 79 wrote:
    Amazing show - I am new to PJ live (having seen my first three shows during the course of the last week!) and have to say they really blew me away. Loved the level of improv live which although you get on the bootlegs feels so much more intense first person. Highlights for me were Porch and Crazy Mary. Immense. Was sad when Eddie made the 'no Europe for a while' comment, but just noticed they are playing in LA when I'm over so show #4 isn't too far away :D .
    solace23 wrote:

Didnt he say Jeff Johnson? If so, he's a surfer

Yeah, Eddie said Jeff Johnson and when he talked about him he said he was a great surfer. Just tried to Google him, there is a surfer from Hawaii called Jeff Johnson, who is Jack Johnson's father.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    awesome show, awesome setlist. The crowd and the band were on fire. i'll post pics later
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    wow...what energy!! I must have sweat half my body weight because there was almost no slow tunes...my kind of show!!

I turned around after it ended and just looked at the 10 clubbers behind me...we didn't have much of anything to say...we just basically shook our heads and said "wow"...what else was there to say? Blown away.

I got footsteps for the first time and this was my 18th show...this show has to crack my top 3 all-time...really a stunning performance.

And two thumbs up for Supersonic! The Bridge was awesome...I would love to hear a nice long extended bridge jam on that tune!

Just got back to Istanbul...it was a long night...simply fantastic...and there was not a single empty seat in the place...not 1!

I took some videos...not sure how they turned out...this is most certainly a show that needs to be their next DVD!
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,027
    wookieboy wrote:
    Yeah, Eddie said Jeff Johnson and when he talked about him he said he was a great surfer. Just tried to Google him, there is a surfer from Hawaii called Jeff Johnson, who is Jack Johnson's father.

http://www.surfertoday.com/surfing-celebrities?start=6
    Nature drunk and High
  • OlivavuOlivavu Posts: 1,683
    Fantastic. I've had a great week and can't wait to see them again.

Seven times is not enough... :?
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Rossum20 wrote:
    there was not a single empty seat in the place...not 1!
    There probably was...
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    I ache this morning...errr...afternoon!

They pulled it out of the bag...all of them in great great GREAT moods!!!

If there is a dvd of this show...I need it!!!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • OlivavuOlivavu Posts: 1,683
    wash_ wrote:

Yeah, I heard there would be bootleg dvd's of Manchester and London...
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Olivavu wrote:
    wash_ wrote:

Yeah, I heard there would be bootleg dvd's of Manchester and London...
    Good, coz I was told my a number of people that I was on the screens singing and staring at Eddie...feeling slightly embarrassed so I need to see what I was doing!!!!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Rossum20 wrote:
    wow...what energy!! I must have sweat half my body weight because there was almost no slow tunes...my kind of show!!

I turned around after it ended and just looked at the 10 clubbers behind me...we didn't have much of anything to say...we just basically shook our heads and said "wow"...what else was there to say? Blown away.

I got footsteps for the first time and this was my 18th show...this show has to crack my top 3 all-time...really a stunning performance.

And two thumbs up for Supersonic! The Bridge was awesome...I would love to hear a nice long extended bridge jam on that tune!

Just got back to Istanbul...it was a long night...simply fantastic...and there was not a single empty seat in the place...not 1!

I took some videos...not sure how they turned out...this is most certainly a show that needs to be their next DVD!
    Glad you enjoyed it. Can't believe how many overseas fans there were last night. Outside it was a mass of foreign languages... excellent! How many other bands have this kind of support.

Are you the guy that asked me for a light about 4pm? He was from Istanbul too.