*** Berlin Fanviews Here 8/15/09 ***

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Whoa! Angie (part/chorus. Rolling Stones)! :shock:
    Very nice! 8-)
  • ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,411
    ha... these last 2 shows really make me laugh at the people who were bitching about the sets and the length after the 1st 2 shows

what a setlist tonight... ANGIE SONIC RITFW BEE GIRL....not to mention i love the 1st set...

just a great show... not bad for what... their 5th so far?? can only imagine whats ahead of us...
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • arqarq Posts: 7,935
    ragejoe wrote:
    ha... these last 2 shows really make me laugh at the people who were bitching about the sets and the length after the 1st 2 shows

what a setlist tonight... ANGIE SONIC RITFW BEE GIRL....not to mention i love the 1st set...

just a great show... not bad for what... their 5th so far?? can only imagine whats ahead of us...

You're right! one just can wonder! :shock:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Damn, they played Light Years!!! Very cool. Great looking set list.
  • Nothing as it Seems? Sweeet!
  • voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    nice to see them dust one off from"Goats Head SOUP"!!!!!!! THAT ALONE SOLD ME ON THE BOOT
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    voodoopug wrote:
    nice to see them dust one off from"Goats Head SOUP"!!!!!!! THAT ALONE SOLD ME ON THE BOOT
    I'll be getting this bootleg as soon as it comes out. I know its only rock & roll but I like it, like it yes I do ;) !
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Sounds like the band are digging deep, and we're only really getting started. Christ knows where they are going to be by the time they end up in New Zealand! Scary.
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • yeehareyeehare Posts: 14
    tremors wrote:
    Sounds like the band are digging deep, and we're only really getting started. Christ knows where they are going to be by the time they end up in New Zealand! Scary.

Now that is a thought! Enough to fly half way round the world for?? Just maybe ...
    London 11 August 2009, London 18 August 2009, Manchester 20 June 2012, EV London 1 August 2012, Chicago Wrigley 19 July 2013, Amsterdam 16 June 2014, Milton Keynes 11 July 2014, NYC 1 May 2016, EV London 6 June 2017, EV London 7 June 2017, Rio de Janeiro 21 March 2018, Amsterdam 12 June 2018, Amsterdam 13 June 2018, London 18 June 2018, Rome 26 June 2018, Berlin 5 July 2018, London 17 July 2018, London 8 July 2022, London 9 July 2022, Vienna 20 July 2022, Amsterdam 24 July 2022, Amsterdam 25 July 2022, Fort Worth 13 September 2023, Fort Worth 15 September 2023.
  • ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,411
    tremors wrote:

ya i love how they need that 1 or 2 shows at the start of the tour to work off the rust and get comfortable with the sets and stuff... 3 shows later its like they are at the end of a tour... 30 songs and what... over 2.5 hrs tonight i would assume?
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Did they do the poster wristband system?
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • jodijodi Posts: 183
    Nice setlist! Pearl Jam is on fire!! The greatest band in the world, and I'm proud of it :D
    There's a light,... when my baby's in my arms...
    And I know she's reached my heart,... in thin air
  • LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    Damn, that's a fun set! Bee Girl and part of Angie... and they're just warming up!

You always know it's going ot be a good night when they open with Why Go! :D
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Perry NeumPerry Neum Vienna, Austria Posts: 856
    Best PJ I' ve ever seen. Sonic/RITFW/Ledbetter what a finish!!! ' Got Some' s my favorite song at the moment! Great Location, even though we had to wait for 30 min at the entry.

Thank you very very fuckin much PJ!!!
    Salzburg, Austria 06-18-2000
    Vienna, Austria 09-25-2006
    Vienna, Austria 06-16-2007
    Berlin, Germany 08-15-2009
    Berlin, Germany 06-30-2010
    Amsterdam, Netherlands 06-26-2012
    Amsterdam, Netherlands 06-27-2012
    Praha, Czech Republic 07-02-2012
    Trieste, Italy 06-22-2014
    Vienna, Austria 06-25-2014
  • What a great evening, what a energetic crowd. I saw them now several times since 1996 and this was really the best concert i've been to. A lot of sing alongs and a real communicative singer. They play "Faithfull" as a request.

My highlights: The Fixer, MFC, Light Years, Bee Girl (just Jeff and Ed), Sonic Reducer, RITFW...

Just to complain about something, the Poster (not AMES or KLAUSEN). Ugly as hell.
  • Pauk wrote:
    Did they do the poster wristband system?

Unfortunately not. You have the chance to buy a tube for additional 2,- Euros to secure the poster. As the 2007 Nijmengen is a real beauty against the yesterday poster you protect it best to let it at the merch table and save the 30 € :D.
  • Came back from berlin this morning.
    The greatest PJ Show I ever saw. Amazing.
    Hope you guyys come back next year. 8-)
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    WHAT A F*CKING SHOW!

You go to see gigs, and you go to see Pearl Jam. That's a different kind of thing.

Whoever was there knows what I am talking about. One of the best setlists ever, who was waiting for Binaural got it right slapped in their faces ahahah! And I don't even want to start commenting on the rest... it would take all the space in the thread!

I've got bruises for being constantly squashed to the rail, and thanks Eddie for taking the time to talk to the crowd! But I am so happy and I want to say thank you to all of you guys...

From 4 o'clock in the morning to the end of the show... one of the greatest and memorable days of my life!

...and I got Eddie's tambourine :-)
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • SoenkeESoenkeE Posts: 6
    A perfect evening ! The best show I've ever been to. Everything was absolute brilliant: the band, the setlist, the crowd , the weather, the location...

An evening I'll never forget !
  • I have been a fan since the beginning...I mean the very beginning! One of the best shows that elated one of the best crowds in a looong time! Keep on rocking PJ, you are getting better with age! I am glad I can still rock out on the floor. The best place in the house.
    "Woo..
    I'm ahead I'm a man
    I'm the first mammal to wear pants yeah
    I'm at peace with my lust
    I can kill 'cause in God I trust yeah
    It's evolution baby"
  • halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    edited August 2009
    I don't know how to say it...
    Wow! It was amazing! just amazing!

The energy, music, the band was so great, Ed in really good mood and form.

Well - it was not my perfect setlist, but the show was so great, that I can't complain about it.

I would like to thank Ed - for taking care of fans' safety - the idea with 3 steps back was great, though I wasn't in the proper front.
    And i would like to thank everybody who let us go closer the stage - it was great. I really felt, people there were like friends.
    It was my third PJ show, almost I wouldn't be there, I decided this Tuesday, bought cheeper ticket. So - a huge lucky coincidence I could go there and I still cannot believe it :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Post edited by halszka123 on
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    I have been a fan since the beginning...I mean the very beginning! One of the best shows that elated one of the best crowds in a looong time! Keep on rocking PJ, you are getting better with age! I am glad I can still rock out on the floor. The best place in the house.
    ?
    And this is your first post here? this is the proof how touching was the show
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • tinachentinachen Posts: 57
    My whole body hurts today and some guy hit my nose with his shoes, while he was crowd surfing, but it was sooo worth it!!!! definitely one of the best PJ shows I've been to, eventhough I missed some of my favorite songs!!!! Just can't wait for tuesday... :D
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    What can i say that has not already been said? Sure, i had expectations concerning yesterday night but this show topped everything before!!!! This pure energetic feelings, sing alongs from the very first second to the end of Yellow Ledbetter...WWOOOOOOWWWW!!! Everything was perfect, fantastic weather, full Wuhlheide with over 20000 amazing people, great setlist and of course Pearl Jam who really enjoyed to be here and make this an unforgetable evening!! I am really tired today, with no power left but me and my wife we are sooooo happy!!! :D:D:D

I will never forget the whole crowd jumping to RITFW, that was absolutely fantastic! I mean it was even great before PJ started...over 5 minutes of LAOLA around the Wuhlheide!!

My highlist yesterday...to be there and have goose bumps from WHY GO to YELLOW LEDBETTER!! ;)

I will never forget this night!!! Thank you PJ!!!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • It was my first PJ concert yesterday.... (been a fan since my teenage years in '92) and there are hardly words to describe it. The atmosphere was amazing, the band was incredible, everyone singing along from start to finish, great venue,a beautiful evening, incredible set, I had tears in my eyes when Betterman started just the crowd singing and then Ed eased into it.... and the finish with rocking in the free world and yellow ledbetter... freaking amazing!! It was a night I will never forget. Even with coming to the concert with great expectations.. they exceeded them by far!!! One of the best nights of my life :D:D:D
    Berlin sweet Berlin '09,'10
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,977
    Not sure if it has been posted but here's the poster:

http://forum.expressobeans.com/download/file.php?id=9909
  • DegiDegi Posts: 1,007
    it was my first show ever, not just PJ, but concert at all, and it was, i cant even find a word for it, amazing is nothing...

i talked to so many people and met wonderful persons, i i just wanna thank all of you for that!!! it was amazing!!
    see you tomorrow in manchester people!!!

btw, i told somebody that it was my first show, and he/she said, i'd have to cry everytime when i hear the opener of my first show, i kinda forgot about that, and i was listening to a bootleg on my way to the train station, and then i heard this amazing why go/rocking in the free world from i think it was bern, cant remember it though, and honestly, i had to cry!!!

so, you person, i though it was you Jenny, but i just cant remember, if you read that, you WERE right!!!
  • looks like the lads are in fantastic form already!!
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Faithful, NAIS, untitled, MFC, Sonic Reducer... This is one of the best setlists I have seen for many years.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • What a beautiful summer night! I couldn't agree more with Ed. And thanks for one more beautiful show!

Almost 15 years ago I saw them for the first time in Zurich and promised to go to any other show that I could get the opportunity to see. I never ever regreted it, although it's only been five shows up to today. I can only pray that many will follow. But from what Ed said on stage, chances are good for Berlin and us fans.
    The Wuhlheide is a fantastic place, and if it wasn't for their policy that shows have to stop at 11pm at the latest, I'm sure we would've even gotten more.
    Seemed to me like the guys didn't want to leave, especially Ed. Sitting on stage during YL, watching the crowd and listening to Mike.

The entrance procedure wasn't very organized especially since signs for the 10C members were missing. We ended up waiting for about 45 min to get in and the distribution of the 10C tix wasn't obvious (no signs or anything). It wasn't quite as bad as Dusseldorf though.
    My first time having 10C tix. Was the 15 min early entrance all that was so special about it? If so, I guess I lost that to the entrance procedure... if not, I guess we missed out on some specials :? Would be grateful if someone would let me know...

Other than that: Another great show, another beautiful summernight with the band, another great concert. THANX GUYS!
    - expirience often is a parody to the idea - (J.W. Goethe)