New Zealand

scottdmscottdm Posts: 148
edited December 2009 in The Porch
...Looks like we are finally getting a show or two. The word seems to be that there was consideration given to playing one show at Western Springs (which does raise the question, why was this rejected in 03/06), but the feeling is that PJ may not sell that out and so it looks like 2 shows at Vector.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    What's that based on, if you don't mind me asking?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,139
    i just got back from a nice holiday over there in april. the south island was a bit chilly.

i hope they come back and play for the kiwis!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    scottdm wrote:
    ...Looks like we are finally getting a show or two. The word seems to be that there was consideration given to playing one show at Western Springs (which does raise the question, why was this rejected in 03/06), but the feeling is that PJ may not sell that out and so it looks like 2 shows at Vector.....
    I'd rather have the 2 shows at Vector I think, just to be able to easily see them twice :) Especially if we get 10C tickets to both nights. Heard anything about other NZ cities? I can't see them doing any other, but maybe once they're over here going to Welly is not so bad?

What I'd really like is a small fan club only (plus others I guess?) at the Civic or something! ;)
  • Andy DickAndy Dick Posts: 105
    The tweet said vegimite, not marmite!
  • scottdmscottdm Posts: 148
    benjs wrote:

Sure - back in 2002/2003 we tried to put together a petition to get them to NZ. Did ok, got some publicity etc, but ultimately failed in getting them here. But in that process I got to know a few people, and once these rumors started I got back in touch....
    scottdm wrote:
    benjs wrote:

Sure - back in 2002/2003 we tried to put together a petition to get them to NZ. Did ok, got some publicity etc, but ultimately failed in getting them here. But in that process I got to know a few people, and once these rumors started I got back in touch....
    Ah, cool!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs wrote:
    scottdm wrote:
    benjs wrote:

Ah, cool!

They were scheduled to play two nights at the vector in early November 2006. We know this because "Auckland" appeared on some of their tour literature. Unfortunately, the venue wasn't ready and so they didn't come.
    scottdm wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    scottdm wrote:
    [quot="benjs"]What's that based on, if you don't mind me asking?[/quot]

Ah, cool!

They were scheduled to play two nights at the vector in early November 2006. We know this because "Auckland" appeared on some of their tour literature. Unfortunately, the venue wasn't ready and so they didn't come.
    Ah, that's a bummer. At least you'll be getting it soon then!

EV
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,139
    they'll go back! too beautiful a country to neglect!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    they haven't played in NZ since 1995 right? wow what a long time :( They do deserve a couple of shows.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    Zoso wrote:
    they haven't played in NZ since 1995 right? wow what a long time :( They do deserve a couple of shows.

Two shows in 1998 at the start of the yield tour
  • My sources tell me they have booked a show down in chch aswell..
  • Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
    Rumour I heard was Aust and NZ... I reckon you guys will be right.
    How big is the Vector?
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
  • 12,000 seats. But could squeeze another 2 thousand or so on the floor.. depending whether its seated or standing??
    It will be seated IMHO
  • Kiwi JammerKiwi Jammer Posts: 105
    bazzer wrote:
    scottdm wrote:
    I'd rather have the 2 shows at Vector I think, just to be able to easily see them twice :) Especially if we get 10C tickets to both nights. Heard anything about other NZ cities? I can't see them doing any other, but maybe once they're over here going to Welly is not so bad?

What I'd really like is a small fan club only (plus others I guess?) at the Civic or something! ;)

OK I'm getting a little too excited, the anticipation of 11 years - the waiting drove me mad...

I like your thinking bazzer - 2 Vector shows and I have always dreamed of a Civic warm up acoustic type gig after Ed played there with 7 Worlds and with Fan Club only in that front bit! Not sure 2 Vector shows would be guaranteed?

Nice to have all the good vibes from around the world wishing us well this time around and surely after the 06 debacle we'll be in for a very special time...
    Actually add Wellington Town Hall as a nice wee world tour warm up...hey after 11 years one is entitled to dream!
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    7 Worlds Collide was St James (which is now closed :() but the Civic is beautiful, capacity 2,400ish!
    Opps showing a combo of poor memory and my non-Aucklander-ness there but yeah Civic sounds ideal, lock it in ;)
    They could play the logan campbell centre for all i care, as long as they come!
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Fuck I hope you guys get your tour! :)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • topaztopaz Posts: 301
    soooo I've come to the realisation that we are not going to hear any announcement for a while, right?

maybe tomorrow (thursday) NZ time??

i had calculated for the midnight 7 July PT time, but then read posts and clarified the meaning that we had to have current membership at that time

possibly even Friday (feel compelled to put NZ time again, even tho don't need to in a thread named New Zealand)

does anyone know if the '98 concerts had 10c tix? or how many current 10c members there would be here?

Haere mai, e hoa ma, ki a Aotearoa...
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    u will have 2
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    topaz wrote:
    soooo I've come to the realisation that we are not going to hear any announcement for a while, right?

i had calculated for the midnight 7 July PT time, but then read posts and clarified the meaning that we had to have current membership at that time

possibly even Friday (feel compelled to put NZ time again, even tho don't need to in a thread named New Zealand)

does anyone know if the '98 concerts had 10c tix? or how many current 10c members there would be here?

Previous tours in 95 & 98 were both General Admission and the mad dash from the gate (three out of three front row for me 8-) ).

I have no idea how many Kiwi Fan Club members there are - anyone take a stab? Sure would be nice to have the best FC tix reserved for locals but sounds like that is unlikely. Hopefully the recession will keep international fans away!! No offence to them as longas they are behind us Kiwis :mrgreen:

Annoucement sometime either side of midnight NZ time??
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    topaz wrote:

Previous tours in 95 & 98 were both General Admission and the mad dash from the gate (three out of three front row for me 8-) ).

I have no idea how many Kiwi Fan Club members there are - anyone take a stab? Sure would be nice to have the best FC tix reserved for locals but sounds like that is unlikely. Hopefully the recession will keep international fans away!! No offence to them as longas they are behind us Kiwis :mrgreen:

Annoucement sometime either side of midnight NZ time??

as much as i would LOVE to catch some shows in oz and kiwiland :D....very, very doubtful, tho i was truly hoping 'next time'...as i sooo wanted to go to the oz shows in what, 06? beyond that, even during a good economy it is still quite the trip so i am sure you'd still always get GREAT seats, probably better than almost anywhere else, no matter your 10c #s!

that said, i truly HOPE you GET SHOWS! you sooooo deserve em! 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• lukinvedderlukinvedder Posts: 203
    Andy Dick wrote:
    The tweet said vegimite, not marmite!

still hoping though :?
    Christchurch, New Zealand 2009

• lukinvedderlukinvedder Posts: 203
    Actually add Wellington Town Hall as a nice wee world tour warm up...hey after 11 years one is entitled to dream!

that would be COOL
    Christchurch, New Zealand 2009

I have no idea how many Kiwi Fan Club members there are - anyone take a stab?

Same about the '95 concert - you were'nt the guy who tried in vain to convince me to get the hell out of the mosh pit were ya?! It was so easy to get to the front in those days...

As for kiwi fan clubbers, I read in another thread an estimate of 70, so not many relatively speaking. For some reason I don't believe they will offer us the tickets first, or the best tickets. Hope I'm wrong tho! I wonder who the tickets will be sold through? will we get presales?

So not today, tomorrow is the new word on the announcement. Lord only knows who's tomorrow that actually is, probably Friday for us, right?? I've never checked the internet so much in my life!!

And wonder who the opening act will be? (notice how I'm acting like they are definitely coming here now, quite dangerous really as will be MAD disappointed if they only do Aus). In '95 it was our own, terrible Dead Flowers and we booed them off the stage. They were really bad tho. Would it be another kiwi band? or would they bring someone?

thanks for helping with the wait everyone by answering some of my mad questions. gotta keep busy waiting for announcement somehow!

quietly hopeful. what about PJ vinyl any other kiwi vinyl collectors round here?
  • bm12musicbm12music Posts: 292
    topaz wrote:
    Same about the '95 concert - you were'nt the guy who tried in vain to convince me to get the hell out of the mosh pit were ya?! It was so easy to get to the front in those days...

As for kiwi fan clubbers, I read in another thread an estimate of 70, so not many relatively speaking. For some reason I don't believe they will offer us the tickets first, or the best tickets. Hope I'm wrong tho! I wonder who the tickets will be sold through? will we get presales?

So not today, tomorrow is the new word on the announcement. Lord only knows who's tomorrow that actually is, probably Friday for us, right?? I've never checked the internet so much in my life!!

And wonder who the opening act will be? (notice how I'm acting like they are definitely coming here now, quite dangerous really as will be MAD disappointed if they only do Aus). In '95 it was our own, terrible Dead Flowers and we booed them off the stage. They were really bad tho. Would it be another kiwi band? or would they bring someone?

thanks for helping with the wait everyone by answering some of my mad questions. gotta keep busy waiting for announcement somehow!

quietly hopeful. what about PJ vinyl any other kiwi vinyl collectors round here?
    This time tomorrow we should know all going well. I don't think Vector would get filled twice so if its two shows then maybe Wellington too?
    Vinyl collector here too - how's your collection looking?
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    I have all 8 studio albums on vinyl - I always wondered every time I ordered them (right from 10) if anyone else in NZ was doing the same!! I'm glad I did it now, although it must be said I'm no "collector", I play all my records and play em loud, hate the idea of them sitting around unplayed. I nearly scored live on 2 legs for $60 but the record got stolen before it got to me ( and after I"d paid for it) sigh. so I'm always on the look out for any other albums that I don't have, as are a lot of people I imagine! I also have I got ID and Long Road 7 inch, two of my fave tracks so had to get it. it quite surprises me how often PJ vinyl pops up round here

I do know where there is a 10, vs and vitalogy up for grabs round here if any kiwis need any of those vinyls? not badly priced either I don't think (but you may disagree). PM me if interested and I can put ya on the trail