New Zealand

Comments

• bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    I'm a vinyl collector. I have all the albums, some singles (all fanclub "except" 91,92,93 :D plus others). I don't really want to get all the singles but I'd love to get the early fanclub ones, the basketball Ten but too much!

What about posters? I have the 98 framed with my ticket but again the 95 one costs too much! I never even saw it at the show, but then if I had it wouldn't be in mint condition now anyway Im sure. I missed my bus after that show and had to walk home to Howick!

As far as number of 10C members in NZ goes, according to Rumor Pit #58 - Sep 23, 2004: 68 (also Aussie 1000, Brazil 71, Argentina 12, Chile 18). Can't be that much higher than that now can it? Given there's so few here we should get pretty good seats. I've got 213xxx and I got 4th row in Adelaide and 8th Row in Melbourne is 06 and there's 1000 members over there, a high proportion in Melbourne maybe? Hopefully not so many people will travell all the way here from overseas anyway. I can't imagine the worst fan club seats being much further back than 10th row here, but we'll see.
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Posts: 1,065
    so when (and not if) the australian and new zealand shows are announced, where do you think they'll play? im aiming more to new zealand cos i really need an excuse to go. are there really cheap places nearby and anyone else thinking of going from the uk???? id love to see new zealand and cant think of a better reason. i really want to buy tickets and then get cheap accomodation nearby the venues, pre-party meet up, after party, the whole works. anyone with me :)
  • bm12musicbm12music Posts: 292
    so when (and not if) the australian and new zealand shows are announced, where do you think they'll play? im aiming more to new zealand cos i really need an excuse to go. are there really cheap places nearby and anyone else thinking of going from the uk???? id love to see new zealand and cant think of a better reason. i really want to buy tickets and then get cheap accomodation nearby the venues, pre-party meet up, after party, the whole works. anyone with me :)
    Come on over - eveything will be cheap if you are travelling on the pound!
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    bm12music wrote:
    Come on over - eveything will be cheap if you are travelling on the pound!
    You must have a good number ;)
  • scottdmscottdm Posts: 148
    I am so hoping the 10C let the kiwis get priority with seating. Call it a reward for patience......
  • gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    What about Kiwis who had to leave to live in places Pearl Jam actually play. untill now can i get priority seating?? ;):D
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
    scottdm wrote:
    I am so hoping the 10C let the kiwis get priority with seating. Call it a reward for patience......
    Indeed. At least we have confirmation of a tour now... now the wait for dates
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    bm12music wrote:
    scottdm wrote:
    Indeed. At least we have confirmation of a tour now... now the wait for dates
    GREAT NEWS FOR ALL OF U,,
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • topaztopaz Posts: 301
    YEAAAA! I think I'm in shock - did you guys see that - it says NEW ZEALAND - it's real, actually real, they are going to come!!

Can't remember last time I got this excited

now some more WAITING aaaaargh I'm getting very good at waiting on this website

But congratulations everyone! I'll be seeing ya there, hopefully up the front, and maybe this time I can be at the front of a PJ concert and not get injured...

I'm thinking definitely Vector, is it seated all the way to the front or will the front be standing?

let the speculation re-begin!! Kia ora everyone
    topaz wrote:
    YEAAAA! I think I'm in shock - did you guys see that - it says NEW ZEALAND - it's real, actually real, they are going to come!!

Can't remember last time I got this excited

now some more WAITING aaaaargh I'm getting very good at waiting on this website

But congratulations everyone! I'll be seeing ya there, hopefully up the front, and maybe this time I can be at the front of a PJ concert and not get injured...

I'm thinking definitely Vector, is it seated all the way to the front or will the front be standing?

let the speculation re-begin!! Kia ora everyone
    Great news alright! Vector can be seated or not but based on the US and Aussie arena shows it will be. The question is will they play anywhere else? Wonder if Liam will open?
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    Rumor is Ben Harper to open.
    any ideas on how long we will have to wait for our announcement?
    Any Kiwis gonna do Aussie too??
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • CN151596CN151596 Posts: 13
    Hell yeah, flights are pretty cheap at moment, miles well see them as much as we can!!!
    CN151596 wrote:
    Hell yeah, flights are pretty cheap at moment, miles well see them as much as we can!!!
    I'm there with ya!
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • CN151596CN151596 Posts: 13
    Yep, as much as it is really cool that they playing in NZ, its always good to get out of the country, especially for something as great as PJ. May do brisbane, as went to melbourne last time they came
    woah man this is all a bit much for me! Aussie as well.... do we get 10c ticket rights in a foreign country tho?? I am very tempted! Never been to Australia... but realistically will probably blow my budget goin to as many NZ concerts as possible, even just 2
    topaz wrote:
    woah man this is all a bit much for me! Aussie as well.... do we get 10c ticket rights in a foreign country tho?? I am very tempted! Never been to Australia... but realistically will probably blow my budget goin to as many NZ concerts as possible, even just 2
    Yep you can get 10C tix to other countries (well you have in the past). Saw them in the States last year with 10C tix. I gotta start saving!
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    I guess I'll want to go over to some in Oz if they only play 2 max in Auckland, but which? It depends on dates, I'll have an exam sometime between Nov 18th and Dec 4th but I won't find out when it is for months.

We did Melbourne/Adelaide last time so I'd like to try something different probably. I suppose I could do Sydney (cheapest flights usually) but I'm guessing it'll yield the worse 10C seats for me. Or would Melbourne have more 10C? Adelaide was great last time, seatswise (even Melbourne was good, can't complain about 8th row really). What about Brisbane? Hmm...

PJ's facebook says "Pearl Jam plans to tour Australia and New Zealand in November 2009. Full details on that leg of the tour will be announced in the coming weeks." So, probably a while to wait before we know exact dates. Maybe the rumours will start flying now we have an official announcement of shows?
  • nz_spannanz_spanna Posts: 74
    Hi all!
    Just heard about the upcoming tour to NZ and Aussie today.. exciting news! Though kinda nervous that the ticketek site (assuming it's through them, or ticketmaster) will fuck out with overload and I'll never end up getting tickets... grr...

Wicked, see you guys around these pages over the coming weeks then!

p.s. Though I would LOVE for them to play Welly, highly doubt it... TSB Arena sucks arse. My bets are for Vector and Christchurch.
    nz_spanna wrote:
    Hi all!
    Just heard about the upcoming tour to NZ and Aussie today.. exciting news! Though kinda nervous that the ticketek site (assuming it's through them, or ticketmaster) will fuck out with overload and I'll never end up getting tickets... grr...

p.s. Though I would LOVE for them to play Welly, highly doubt it... TSB Arena sucks arse. My bets are for Vector and Christchurch.
    Won't you be buying 10C tickets? You won't need to worry about ticketmaster!
  • nz_spannanz_spanna Posts: 74
    bazzer wrote:
    nz_spanna wrote:
    Hi all!

Well, do you really think they'll bother doing that for a couple handfuls of people?? I think we'll have to buy our tickets just like everyone else..
    nz_spanna wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    nz_spanna wrote:
    Hi all!

Well, do you really think they'll bother doing that for a couple handfuls of people?? I think we'll have to buy our tickets just like everyone else..
    No way man! They'll have 10C sale for Australia and NZ, just the same. Why not?
  • Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
    bazzer wrote:
    I guess I'll want to go over to some in Oz if they only play 2 max in Auckland, but which? It depends on dates, I'll have an exam sometime between Nov 18th and Dec 4th but I won't find out when it is for months.

We did Melbourne/Adelaide last time so I'd like to try something different probably. I suppose I could do Sydney (cheapest flights usually) but I'm guessing it'll yield the worse 10C seats for me. Or would Melbourne have more 10C? Adelaide was great last time, seatswise (even Melbourne was good, can't complain about 8th row really). What about Brisbane? Hmm...

PJ's facebook says "Pearl Jam plans to tour Australia and New Zealand in November 2009. Full details on that leg of the tour will be announced in the coming weeks." So, probably a while to wait before we know exact dates. Maybe the rumours will start flying now we have an official announcement of shows?

Lat tour my 10C seats in Brisbane were the best ones, Melb and Syd both had high 10C numbers. Also the Bris Ent Centre, which I assume is where they'll play, is smaller than the Syd and Melb venues.
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
    nz_spanna wrote:
    Hi all!

Will be intersting to see the demand for tickets - it will be no 1995. Would they sell out a full Vector these days?
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    edited July 2009
    bm12music wrote:
    nz_spanna wrote:
    Hi all!

Will be intersting to see the demand for tickets - it will be no 1995. Would they sell out a full Vector these days?
    Dude, easy! Admittedly they're not as hugely popular generally as Foo Fighters/Green Day but they still rank high on The Rock/Hauraki. They have a big fan base, I think. And they've just rereleased Ten with Brother getting a bit of airplay. They'll have the new album (where did "Pearl Jam" chart, can't remember) and they'll hype it up. They'll need a bit of time between the announcement and the sale I guess to get people excited.

I went to Adelaide last time and that is about the capacity of Vector (although in my memory it seems smaller, but probably just in comparison to Rod Laver) and they played two shows there, the second of which wasn't sold out (maybe 1st level only?). Adelaide is pretty similar to Auckland population wise so that gives an indication that they could do it. Plus, if they only play Auckland, people will travel up. However, they don't usually play 2 in Adelaide and that experience might put them off doing it again or the same thing here.

I think Pearl Jam in New Zealand will be seen in the same way as seeing the Rolling Stones or The Who (almost). It will be billed as a return after 11 years and people will say Pearl Jam is a band you want to see live, remember those shows in 95, remember those songs from the grunge era? A nostalgia thing as much as a popularity thing.
    Post edited by bazzer on
    Lukin_oz wrote:
    Last tour my 10C seats in Brisbane were the best ones, Melb and Syd both had high 10C numbers. Also the Bris Ent Centre, which I assume is where they'll play, is smaller than the Syd and Melb venues.
    Which shows did you go to last time and what number do you have/seats did you get? I guess I might look at Brisbane then. I thought it was a great venue last time we went there (compared to what we had here). In some ways Vector could still learn a few things from the Aussie arenas...
    bazzer wrote:
    bm12music wrote:
    nz_spanna wrote:
    Hi all!

Dude, easy! Admittedly they're not as hugely popular generally as Foo Fighters/Green Day but they still rank high on The Rock/Hauraki. They have a big fan base, I think. And they've just rereleased Ten with Brother getting a bit of airplay. They'll have the new album (where did "Pearl Jam" chart, can't remember) and they'll hype it up. They'll need a bit of time between the announcement and the sale I guess to get people excited.
    I hear ya - just testing! :D
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    bm12music wrote:
    I hear ya - just testing! :D
    Or I could be letting my overwhelming fandom get the better of me... :lol:

Time will tell. Hopefully, I'll have my tickets sorted so I won't care :)
    Ill just be hitting the auckland shows. Baby on the way, gotta save my pennies!!!!