Options

Video: New song on Conan called "Got Some"

Comments

• Options
    TonykinTonykin Posts: 252
    Phool wrote:
    I like it...did anyone else notice Ed run to the drum riser so to not look tiny next to Conan...that man is tall
    I think he ran to the riser because he didn't want Conan to ask him a question... That's what my first thought was...

"... Tan suato mi'jo!!"

-Salomón & Artemisa Vargas
  • Options
    JR8805JR8805 Posts: 169
    bgrl wrote:
    Loved it- fast & furious. Ed just gets more yummy with age.

I think he and Russell Crowe are melding. Years ago, they bore kind of distant resemblance, now they look like brothers.
  • Options
    thecorythecory Posts: 290
    Phool wrote:
    I like it...did anyone else notice Ed run to the drum riser so to not look tiny next to Conan...that man is tall
    funny
  • Options
    JR8805JR8805 Posts: 169
    dlymnfld wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Wow, that song was AWESOME!! What a rocker! I actually had to ask my hubby at one point 'who's replacing Stone?' - he was so uncharacteristically crazy and I loved every second of it. I can't wait for the UC shows and the new album!!!!

I thought Stone looked great. Appearance wise Stone looked like a twenty year old playing with a bunch of forty year old men. I love Eddie but he did look like Russel Crowe in State of Play. Overall, I thought Mike, Matt and Stone rocked out and Eddie's voice was drowned out but I liked the song.

Hey, I want to go see State of Play just to look at Russell Crowe. I never really saw much in him, but with 3:10 to Yuma, I kinda fell in lust with him. From a distance. A safe distance.

My daughter said last night that it wasn't a good thing that Ed looks so much like Crowe. People are going to walk up to him and punch him out of the blue. ;) Personally, though, I think it's more of a good thing than a bad thing...I now get to enjoy looking at two guys instead of just one. Of course, Ed should probably refrain from feigning an Australian accent just to be on the safe side.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    Are you insane? I probably laughed more often in the first 10 minutes of that show than I did in the past 10 years at Leno.

Seriously? I htought it was a weak show.

Nah, it was a great. The Universal Tour was great. Running all the way across America, and then forgetting his keys, was great. Will Ferrell was great, as usual. Joe Biden ("I like chimichangas. Do you have swine flu?") was great.

I worry about the sense of humor on this board sometimes. I got some if you need it.

Universal tour was too long, small part was good. Running across America was too long, small part was good. Joe Biden was too long, 1 line was good. All in all a bad show. I like Conan and I think he'll be fine, but that show lack something...oh yeah, I know what it was, funny things. Yep, it lacked funny things.

You keep your sense of humor Jeff, nobody wants that. You'd probably laugh at a funeral. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    thecory wrote:
    Phool wrote:
    funny

Or...maybe...just maybe...he wanted to get out of the way...

Just maybe. ;-)
  • Options
    wheelzwheelz Posts: 26
    It'd be nice if someone who has the know-how could post a mp3 rip of the song.
    East Lansing 98, Detroit 00, Detroit 03, Detroit 06, Chicago 09, EV Detroit 11, Wrigley Field 13
  • Options
    Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    IamMine wrote:
    I was googling trying to find out who wrote the lyrics to that song... and came across to this site:

http://www.comcast.net/music/blindedbyt ... amgetsome/

It seems like he's trying (subtly) to accuse PJ of plagiarism - that it sounded similar to Devo's 1978 "Gut Feeling".

Please do not leave nasty comments there if you decide to...but rather to provide constructive comments. Or just ignore him.

ish. :|

I can see similarities for sure....but definitely not plagiarism.
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options
    PearlyOceansPearlyOceans Posts: 156
    I loved the song. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album.
  • Options
    comatose_253comatose_253 Posts: 270
    is Get Some the same song as what is being called The Fixer?

or

is the The Fixer another new song?
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    It's definitely no Vivalavida or Dani California
  • Options
    I really loved it and I'm so excited now for the new album :D

It's a shame that they seemed to have audio problems, I'm no techie but it seemed like Ed's voice was being drowned out. But I'm sure it'll be great on the CD and tour!! :)
  • Options
    comatose_253comatose_253 Posts: 270
    DewieCox wrote:
    It's definitely no Vivalavida or Dani California
    good thing . . . right? :-)
  • Options
    rigneyclanrigneyclan Posts: 289
    the studio version of this song is going to sound amazing!!

sounds like it could've been off yield
    7/16/06 7/18/06
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 698
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    JV130312 wrote:
    I didn't like it...I've only listened to it live last night...but I wasn't crazy about it. I'll give it a couple more listens though...

very rearly do i take to songs right away...I need to savor & digest it for a while first...but at least it rocked!! and Stone looked really into it and more animated than i have seen him in a while! which is always good..i wonder if it's his song.

It was awesome to see Stone with some life in him again!
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    Phool wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHA, my friend and I were discussing the height factor right before they cam out and whether or not Conan would stand next to him. We both wet our pants when Ed jumped up on the riser.
  • Options
    Personally, i thought conan did a great job for his first show. the first bid when he's running across the country was funny, although there were a few jokes that fell completely flat ("Hollywoo"?)...

But quite frankly, I feel indifferent about Pearl Jam's performance. I agree that the sound wasn't the best, but to me, they all seemed to be a little off (save Matt, actually-I do like the drums for this song)... It was slightly disjointed, Ed's voice was not particularly great sounding, and the chorus sounded-well- somewhat generic (please don't hate me for saying this)... I dunno. Call me crazy, but I really wasn't that into this song. Maybe after a few listens it'll grow on me, but for now, its just, meh.
    ...master of karate and friendship for everyone!
  • Options
    Listened to it 3 or 4 times now I'm really starting to dig it!

There's some top guitar work, and the performance was really tight, considering the length of time since the last show! Ed's vocals sounded a tad thin to me at first but again they're starting to sink in, and who am i to question Eddie?

Oh and rock on Stone... the lad was having the time of his life up there! :)
    listen to the voice inside, so drowned out
  • Options
    elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    a bit like "helter skelter"? groove grabbed me the second verse.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Options
    AN112086 wrote:
    I JUST HOPE NEXT TIME, THEY WOULD TELL FANS FIRST. ALBUM TITLE, ART WORK, AND A SONG TITLE. WE FIRST HEARD FROM TV. FANS ARE MOST IMPORTANT. NOT TV. ITS JUST ONE CLICK AWAY, NOT SO DIFFICULT THINGS TO DO.

TO MR. KELLY CURTIS : THINGS YOU SHOULD LEARN FROM RADIOHEAD IS THOSE KIND OF THINGS. NOT HOW TO SELL MORE, IGNORING THEIR LOYAL FANS FOR ALMOST 20 YEARS.

david cross, is that you??
    The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever. Because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
    --Bill Hicks
  • Options
    chuckles wrote:
    Anyone know who did the Album Cover? seemed so THEM! (don't know how to post a photo either..sorry)

That is probably the 7" for the single, notice how there are 7 letters and the song is called get some. Dont think that is the album cover.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    AN112086 wrote:
    I JUST HOPE NEXT TIME, THEY WOULD TELL FANS FIRST. ALBUM TITLE, ART WORK, AND A SONG TITLE. WE FIRST HEARD FROM TV. FANS ARE MOST IMPORTANT. NOT TV. ITS JUST ONE CLICK AWAY, NOT SO DIFFICULT THINGS TO DO.

TO MR. KELLY CURTIS : THINGS YOU SHOULD LEARN FROM RADIOHEAD IS THOSE KIND OF THINGS. NOT HOW TO SELL MORE, IGNORING THEIR LOYAL FANS FOR ALMOST 20 YEARS.

wah wah! I doubt that is the album artwork, as i stated in my previous post.

Also I am sure they intended to reveal the name of the album that way, yeah lets announce it on our message board so babies with 7 posts dont whine and cry instead of on THE TONIGHT SHOW IN FRONT OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE. Youre a dolt.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    absabs Posts: 13
    Re: New song on Conan called "Get Some"

I think it's not called "Get Some" but "Got Some" looking at the top circles on the single cover.
    push me and I will resist... this behaviors not unique
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    This is the first time I see clearly the other members of PJ top their star singer, sorry, but this was not Eds top performance. I hope he is ok.
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Phool wrote:

My girlfriend said the same thing, well almost...

"Watch, when Conan goes to thank the band, you'll see how damn tall that guy is."
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    EVedder29EVedder29 Posts: 9
    Yea i noticed EV go stright to the drum riser as well!! I like the song, hard to hear vocals but thanks for those lyrics..i will listen about 100 more times over the next few weeks. STONE has long hair again....Love it...i was dying watching him rock out. Love the Mike solo as well!!
    "I'll ride the wave to where it takes me"
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    einatshaul wrote:
    This is the first time I see clearly the other members of PJ top their star singer, sorry, but this was not Eds top performance. I hope he is ok.

Agreed, bit of a shame really seeing as so many people tuned in. Lets just hope that was a bad night for him.

Re the artwork, Rolling Stone seemed to indicate the artwork shown was part of a larger piece?
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725
    chuckles wrote:
    Anyone know who did the Album Cover? seemed so THEM! (don't know how to post a photo either..sorry)

That is probably the 7" for the single, notice how there are 7 letters and the song is called get some. Dont think that is the album cover.

correct, it's not the album cover.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=99965
    samnation wrote:
    FYI, Tom Tomorrow says that is NOT the finished album cover. In fact it looks more like a 45 sleeve and if those orange-brown circles are letters, they could spell "Got Some." I don''t have HD so I couldn't tell from my TV.

view these images, and see for yourself ..

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp31 ... 835392.png
    http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp31 ... 835514.png
    http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp31 ... 835948.png
  • Options
    PJRulz10PJRulz10 Posts: 20
    I really think it was the sound! It was like the music was louder than the distorted vocals, but I loved it none the less! I can't wait for the album to come!!!! :shock: !!!! At least I'll get my fix in Memphis and Chicago!! :mrgreen: !!