Boston Bruins

Comments

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    I saw the Bruins/Panthers game last night and my first shootout overtime game ever. I got heckeled by the fans and my friend when the Panthers were up 4-2 with 7 mins left in the 3rd period. I just yelled back the Bruins are coming back and you know the Panthers can't hold a lead.

Sure nough the Bruins came back then took em down 1-0 in the shootout. Nice!

Now it's on to the Spring Training Opener.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Also my first time ever that I saw fans removing their jersey after the game. I gather due to the warm weather outside. Nice arena, half empty with at least a 3rd Bruins fans.

Lots of folks from up north moving down here I gather.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    where has the defence gone ?

10 goals vs Washington

7 goals vs Toronto

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE-GADS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    smarchee wrote:
    where has the defence gone ?

10 goals vs Washington

7 goals vs Toronto

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE-GADS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    8 goals...
    Not a good week for the Boourns.
  • kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Let's hope Tim Thomas flops around like an idiot and has 2 terrible starts in a row starting tonight :)
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    kenshunt wrote:
    Let's hope Tim Thomas flops around like an idiot and has 2 terrible starts in a row starting tonight :)

lets hope so
    screw that, go Bruins 4 easy points taken from the Leafs this weak
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    screw that, go Bruins 4 easy points taken from the Leafs this weak
    Boo...
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Boo...

lol, you know if the Leafs get the 8th seed it will be 4 and out

I think the Caps will take that seed before the Leafs anyways

Thomas is going to bring back some of that magic he had against the Leafs last season
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    lol, you know if the Leafs get the 8th seed it will be 4 and out

I think the Caps will take that seed before the Leafs anyways

Thomas is going to bring back some of that magic he had against the Leafs last season
    I know, but i would like something out of this season since they threw away Stamkos by playing well enough to fuck that up, so now i would like to see a playoff series, for the simple fact i haven't seen one in a few years
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    YES, the BRUINS are IN!

Peace

• Great game last night. Just need to pile it on again in game 4.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
    Great game last night. Just need to pile it on again in game 4.
    If they keep playing the way they are, and Montreal doesn't regain their previous level of play, Bruins in 6.
  • G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    What do you puck heads think of kessel getting scratched ?

I think he needs to toughen up and go to the Net... HARD. He has samsonov disease...i.e. great skater but he curls away from the unfriendly high traffic areas.
    G-force wrote:
    What do you puck heads think of kessel getting scratched ?

I think he needs to toughen up and go to the Net... HARD. He has samsonov disease...i.e. great skater but he curls away from the unfriendly high traffic areas.
    I thought it odd, but I didn't pay much attention to him in game 1...
  • G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    #81 had a very forgettable game 1. I thought he stunk. In fact our color comentary guy on NESN (former bruin) thought he played well for his first playoff game... I nearly jumped out of my chair when i heard him say that.

Brick is way out of touch....evidenced by the subject being benched the next 2 games.
    lol, Boston awakes after one win
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    kenshunt wrote:
    lol, Boston awakes after one win
    How are your Leafs faring in the first round?
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote:
    How are your Leafs faring in the first round?
    They're still on the driving range.
    The Montreal Canadians a nemesis just like The New york Yankees. Anytime they can grab a win form them it's time to celebrate.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    The Montreal Canadians a nemesis just like The New york Yankees. Anytime they can grab a win form them it's time to celebrate.

Peace
    Been a while, eh?
    Rygar wrote:
    Been a while, eh?

Yup, can't stand the Canadians but there's something special about THE ORIGINAL SIX and I'm so glad The BOSTON BRUINS is one of them. :)

Peace

• WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    g under p wrote:
    Yup, can't stand the Canadians but there's something special about THE ORIGINAL SIX and I'm so glad The BOSTON BRUINS is one of them. :)

Peace

Amen to that....I wish we could go back to the original 6 teams.....or at the very least, bring back the Wales and Campbell Conferences......
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
    Whizbang wrote:
    Amen to that....I wish we could go back to the original 6 teams.....or at the very least, bring back the Wales and Campbell Conferences......

Wow those were the days for sure. I still somewhere have a Bruins leather jacket with the Wales Conference on it, old school style.

Peace

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    g under p wrote:
    Wow those were the days for sure. I still somewhere have a Bruins leather jacket with the Wales Conference on it, old school style.

Peace

longing for the days of the ol' Adams Division are ya? Missing the Nordiques ... and the WHALE?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    jimed14 wrote:
    longing for the days of the ol' Adams Division are ya? Missing the Nordiques ... and the WHALE?

hell yeah....
    bring 'em all back....Smythe, Norris, Adams, Patrick....
    and while we're at it? Knock out a few chicklets and bring back play-by-play from Fred Cusick and color commentary by Derek Sanderson......
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Whizbang wrote:
    hell yeah....
    bring 'em all back....Smythe, Norris, Adams, Patrick....
    and while we're at it? Knock out a few chicklets and bring back play-by-play from Fred Cusick and color commentary by Derek Sanderson......

Man I miss Cusick ....

and Sanderson was classic.

Derek's keys to the game: "Shoot the puck hard on net, if the goalie misses, it's bound to go in."
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Good game B's.
    Congrats to the B's on putting in a hard fought series, and surprising everyone who didn't think they could put such an effort in.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    ba bye