Options

Boston Bruins

Comments

• Options
    the bruins are kicking ass and i love it.

won last 8 of 9.

2nd place in the eastern conference, 1st in their division.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    the bruins are kicking ass and i love it.

won last 8 of 9.

2nd place in the eastern conference, 1st in their division.

first win over the Habs in their last 13 tries!!!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    The Bruins are on FIYA, man is it ever sweet when they beat the Canadians.....6-1 NICE. :)
    http://scoreboards.aol.com/nhl/standings_conference.asp

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    first win over the Habs in their last 13 tries!!!

eh, i count the playoffs. so therefore, that streak doesn't really count anymore...according to me.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Rygar wrote:
    Yeah, I think the Boourns are gonna be a surprise for most.
    Hey fairweather friends!
    Killed the Habs last night, although it would have been nice had the NHL squad shown up to play instead of the bantam house team that is getting all the action this year ;)
  • Options
    for those like me, living away from Boston and who have not bought the NHL package ... info alert ...

The B's are on Vs @ 4:30 pacific (7:30 easter) vs the Leafs.

Channel 603 on DirecTv ...

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Not a big deal but....Just for a moment the Boston Bruins are in first place in their division, over the Canadians.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Not a big deal but....Just for a moment the Boston Bruins are in first place in their division, over the Canadians.

Peace
    I'd worry about the Sabres if I were you.
    The way the Habs are playing, we won't be seeing the upper end of the division for a loooooooooong time ;)
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    almost blew it at the end, but another big win for the B's last night!!!
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    I'd worry about the Sabres if I were you.
    The way the Habs are playing, we won't be seeing the upper end of the division for a loooooooooong time ;)

Well in my case the Canadians are the Yankees to me so the Sabres can do whatever they want. Besides I'm a big fan of Gilbert Perreault loved his style of play, old school.

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Well in my case the Canadians are the Yankees to me so the Sabres can do whatever they want. Besides I'm a big fan of Gilbert Perreault loved his style of play, old school.

Peace
    Ah, well for your sake I hope Montreal starts playing up to their ability ;)
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Ah, well for your sake I hope Montreal starts playing up to their ability ;)

It'll be fun again when I get to see the Bruins down in South Florida next year. The Panthers are going down again like back in February.

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    It'll be fun again when I get to see the Bruins down in South Florida next year. The Panthers are going down again like back in February.

Peace
    Not terribly surprising.

B's are on a tear, wonder when they'll come back down to earth.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Not terribly surprising.

B's are on a tear, wonder when they'll come back down to earth.

I'm just wondering where this all came from but it's a beautiful thing to see. It's been a looooonnnggg time since the Bruins won the Cup. I think it was the year i moved as a child to Boston 1971-72 I think against the Blues.

Right?

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    I'm just wondering where this all came from but it's a beautiful thing to see. It's been a looooonnnggg time since the Bruins won the Cup. I think it was the year i moved as a child to Boston 1971-72 I think against the Blues.

Right?

Peace
    Against the Rangers.
    Claude Julien has a nice work ethic instilled in his team.

Unrelated to hockey, but Boston - your tree is en route.
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

Right?

Peace

not like I remember it, but ... 69-70 was vs the Blues ... 71-72 was vs the Rangers.

There were a few finals losses in the 70 vs the Canadiens as well ... again, not really baked in my memory bank ...

the 88 and 90 finals ... those I remember very well ... damn you Peter Klima!!!!

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    not like I remember it, but ... 69-70 was vs the Blues ... 71-72 was vs the Rangers.

There were a few finals losses in the 70 vs the Canadiens as well ... again, not really baked in my memory bank ...

the 88 and 90 finals ... those I remember very well ... damn you Peter Klima!!!!

I have a faint memory too was one of those 88 or 90 finals the fog rink game? Oh and thanks for the correction, I knew I was wrong on the years.

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    I have a faint memory too was one of those 88 or 90 finals the fog rink game? Oh and thanks for the correction, I knew I was wrong on the years.

Peace

From ESPN's "The best overtime playoff games of all time" ...

May 15, 1990: Edmonton Oilers vs. Boston Bruins
    It was Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals, but for nearly four periods, Petr Klima was glued to the bench, a punishment for a few giveaways earlier in the game. But midway through the third overtime, Oilers coach John Muckler had no choice but to throw the enigmatic forward on the ice for a shift. Talk about going from the dog house to the penthouse. Klima, a five-time 30-goal scorer, broke down the wing and beat Andy Moog to end the longest overtime game in Cup finals history. The game is also remembered in Boston Garden folklore after the arena lights went out for nearly 30 minutes during the third overtime, just as they had during the 1988 Cup finals (a game that was ultimately canceled).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=amber_david&id=3345792

• Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    5 goal posts saved the bruins last night
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:

I'll give you that ... they escaped with a win, no other way to put it.

• Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    I'll give you that ... they escaped with a win, no other way to put it.

Hey I used to be a goalie and that was my best friend in a jam. I used to give it a kiss anytime I got that klink and out, sound so sweet. :)

Peace

• Options
    Well first place is yours after tonight (theoretically) after the Rags lost to the Hens.
  • Options
    Bruins up 2-1, 6 mins left in the 3rd.

Peace

• Options
    Tied up 2-2 with 2 mins left

Peace

• Options
    OT

Peace

• Options
    Bruins win 3-2 in SO

Peace

• Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    This is the season to renew my interest in the Bruins. I have always been a one sport person (baseball), but right before the strike I really became a big bruins fan. Then, the were knocked out by montreal after being up two games, the strike happened, and since then they have struggled.

Good for the Bruins though, they are playing well as a team and the youth is very promising. It won't take long for Boston to return to a hockey town if the Bruins are playing well.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    it strikes me as odd that there arent more cocky B fans, being an original 6 team , you Bears are up on my Rangers by virtue of less games played and more points,
    I think its criminal that our original 6 franchises only face each other- regardless of proximity- only 4 times yearly on our schedules.

Hopefuly, that entails a playoff series between the 2 they are a good matchup ( today anyway )
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    it strikes me as odd that there arent more cocky B fans, being an original 6 team , you Bears are up on my Rangers by virtue of less games played and more points,
    I think its criminal that our original 6 franchises only face each other- regardless of proximity- only 4 times yearly on our schedules.

Hopefuly, that entails a playoff series between the 2 they are a good matchup ( today anyway )
    Loss to the B's but that was more effort out of the Habs than I've seen in a few weeks, right to the end (shootout goal was a lark too ;)), so there's some positive to be had for a Habs' fan.
  • Options
    tonestones Posts: 104
    I'm a die hard Leafs fan, but I have to admit, I love watching these guys play. Very bright future in Boston.
    "Your light's reflected now,... reflected from afar...
    We were but stones,... your light made us stars"