Boston Bruins

Comments

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Certainly a positive step forward congrats in giving an all out effort. Now time for the CELTICS to shine.

LET'S Go BEANTOWN!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    jimed14 wrote:
    Man I miss Cusick ....

and Sanderson was classic.

Derek's keys to the game: "Shoot the puck hard on net, if the goalie misses, it's bound to go in."

the team had a great year. Charelli has a lot to do in the off season to build on their 07/08 success.

- Need more speed
    - Need more size up front
    - Need depth at Defense
    - Goaltending is always a question mark, TT is an average journeyman.
    - Let's hope PB can get back 100%, that was a big void this year

I also miss the days of Turk and Cuse. I have had enough of Brickley. zzzzzzzzzz
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    G-force wrote:
    the team had a great year. Charelli has a lot to do in the off season to build on their 07/08 success.

- Need more speed
    - Need more size up front
    - Need depth at Defense
    - Goaltending is always a question mark, TT is an average journeyman.
    - Let's hope PB can get back 100%, that was a big void this year

I also miss the days of Turk and Cuse. I have had enough of Brickley. zzzzzzzzzz
    Thomas played extremely well over the series, except game 1.
  • G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    Rygar wrote:
    Thomas played extremely well over the series, except game 1.

He played well but he could have stole a game earlier in the series and he didn't.

TT was the least of their problems through 7 games, goal scroing is the issue.

However Thomas will not take them to the next level. To be objective he is a B-minus goalie. When he was good this year he was streaky good- but his technique is problematic, he is out of the play too often and down more often than not. They need to take a long hard look at Tukka.
  • It was a great series. I actually watched, and my girlfriend did too. I found myself switching AWAY from the Sox which is a big thing.

I hope they build on this, that was a gritty team and a lot of fun to root for.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    yawn.... same ol same ol

thats why I hate hockey

GO CELTICS
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Like any good Habs-hating Canadian who doesn't live in Quebec, I was cheering for Boston. A little too much to ask, though, as it turns out. Way to show up yesterday, guys.
    Like any good Habs-hating Canadian who doesn't live in Quebec, I was cheering for Boston. A little too much to ask, though, as it turns out. Way to show up yesterday, guys.
    You don't think the Habs-hating Canadians who do live in Quebec were cheering for Boston?
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Rygar wrote:
    You don't think the Habs-hating Canadians who do live in Quebec were cheering for Boston?

Fair enough!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    there are alot of good things ahead & on the horizon for these Bears.

Its nice to see the revival there seemed to be in Boston over these Bruins this playoff season ( alltho they are now out ) they are a formidable opponent and pushed that #1 seed into a game 7.

nice season to 1 original 6 teams fans

from another original 6 teams fans.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • I am actually looking forward to Hockey next year. I wanna see what these kids can do with another year and Bergeron back.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    g under p wrote:
    Certainly a positive step forward congrats in giving an all out effort. Now time for the CELTICS to shine.

LET'S Go BEANTOWN!

Peace
    Yeah....whoever is playing against a team from Beantown!!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    Yeah....whoever is playing against a team from Beantown!!!!!

That's what makes it all the more interesting and sweeter when they come out on top. :)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Good news for the B fans - Patrice Bergeron is looking pretty good. He was on the top line, the #1 PK, and the #1 PP lines last night, and had a goal and 3 assists - first star of the game.
  • Rygar wrote:
    Good news for the B fans - Patrice Bergeron is looking pretty good. He was on the top line, the #1 PK, and the #1 PP lines last night, and had a goal and 3 assists - first star of the game.

sweet, that's awesome. I have a good feeling about this season.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
    sweet, that's awesome. I have a good feeling about this season.
    Yeah, I think the Boourns are gonna be a surprise for most.
    Home opener in Montreal tonight.
    Should be good. Hopefully the Habs show up for 3 periods instead of 1.
    The Bruins need to pull themselves up from the rear in BEANTOWN.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    The Bruins need to pull themselves up from the rear in BEANTOWN.

Peace
    Hopefully we send you back licking your wounds so you can get started ;)
    I'll be checking out the B's this winter when they visit the Panthers down in Sunrise Florida. Strange though to leave the hockey game to sweat and heat outside.

Peace

• The WILD own you. :D
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
    Sorry B-fans, the streak continues. You made quite the game out of it, though. I'm having a conference with the Habs tomorrow to inform them of the new length of hockey games being 60 minutes, not the traditional 20.

Oh, and what happened to Lucic? Saving the gusto for the playoffs again?
    Good game for Ryder, felt bad on the shootout but 2 pts for me.
    Nice shutout win by the BRUINS tonight. 1-0 Oilers

Peace

• thank god it didn't go into shootout...glad they got the win.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I was there...
    Lucic's a puss! Can go after Hemsky, but can't stand up to McIntyre...his d man got rocked seconds later for it.
    Not a bad game overall for an Oil loss, and 0-0 in regulation...goaltender's battle. Was fun to watch that side-show Chara lumber around.
    next time, B's, next time.
    Nice another 1-0 shutout against the Canucks and 13 points in the division. Same as Montreal. On a night where the Boston Celtics raise their 17th Championship banner and a win, VERY NICE. :)

Peace

• ^^beat me to it. I just wish the bruins offense was a little better. If they had a relatively potent offense I think they would be one of the top 3-4 teams in the east.
    ^^beat me to it. I just wish the bruins offense was a little better. If they had a relatively potent offense I think they would be one of the top 3-4 teams in the east.

Well the offense did step up and put down the Stars 5-1 and 15 pts in the Northeast Division. Let's go BRUINS

Peace

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I hate not catching the B's anymore ...

I already pay for the MLB and NFL packages to catch the Sox and Pats ... just can't fork over more dough for the B's (especially when so many of their games start at 4-4:30) ... although, I'm so tempted.

I get aobut 4-5 games a year now ... the occasional VS broadcast and games vs the Sharks ... :(
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    I hate not catching the B's anymore ...

I already pay for the MLB and NFL packages to catch the Sox and Pats ... just can't fork over more dough for the B's (especially when so many of their games start at 4-4:30) ... although, I'm so tempted.

I get aobut 4-5 games a year now ... the occasional VS broadcast and games vs the Sharks ... :(

I get lucky when the Bruins come to DC or when I'm in S Florida I get to see them down there. Even with some Lightening games too.

Peace