Boston Bruins

jojojojo Posts: 645
edited September 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Boston, MA -- The Boston Bruins defeated the New York Rangers 1-0 in a shootout Saturday afternoon at the TD Banknorth Garden. Boston's Phil Kessel scored the deciding goal in the penalty shot contest and goalie Manny Fernandez stopped 26 shots and everything he saw in the shootout to earn his second victory. Henrik Lunqvist was only beaten by Kessel and finished with 19 saves.

wow we may have a team this season
Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    jojo wrote:
    Boston, MA -- The Boston Bruins defeated the New York Rangers 1-0 in a shootout Saturday afternoon at the TD Banknorth Garden. Boston's Phil Kessel scored the deciding goal in the penalty shot contest and goalie Manny Fernandez stopped 26 shots and everything he saw in the shootout to earn his second victory. Henrik Lunqvist was only beaten by Kessel and finished with 19 saves.

wow we may have a team this season

The Boourns are on fire for sure. Hopefully it only lasts another 2 or 3 games at best.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    their ice was horrible today.

aparently the circus just left town.

it looked like they were playing with a spalding ball

the puck was bouncing all over the place.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • jojojojo Posts: 645
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    their ice was horrible today.

it looked like they were playing with a spalding ball

the puck was bouncing all over the place.

yes the circus did just leave and they moved the game up earlier cause of the sox
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Ringling Brothers left town, but the circus arrived on a charter from NYC wearing "broadway blueshirts". ;)

Bruins could win 70 games and still not get noticed this year amongst the Sox, Pats and Celts.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote:
    Ringling Brothers left town, but the circus arrived on a charter from NYC wearing "broadway blueshirts". ;)

Bruins could win 70 games and still not get noticed this year amongst the Sox, Pats and Celts.

lol prob true but just imigine how great it would be to have 4 Championship caliber teams
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Don't be fooled by the B's early success...they are a long way from Championship caliber.
    Not as sad a case as the woeful Rangers, but middle of the road at best.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,963
    Just a shout out here to jojo's diversity of interests...a chef who follows baseball, hockey, football, and pearl jam. damn girl! :D

not a lot of chatter from the blueshirts lately...it's still early though.
    I love to turn you on
    Poncier wrote:
    Don't be fooled by the B's early success...they are a long way from Championship caliber.
    Not as sad a case as the woeful Rangers, but middle of the road at best.

middle of the road would still be a big improvment and make it not nearly as painful to watch a game or 20

Just a shout out here to jojo's diversity of interests...a chef who follows baseball, hockey, football, and pearl jam. damn girl! :D

not a lot of chatter from the blueshirts lately...it's still early though.

too bad i can't find a single guy to appreciate me the way you do :p

lol thanks sweets don't mean to burst your bubble but football is not so much my thing but i still keep informed hell 7-0 is pretty amazing doesn't take a genius to see that
    jojo wrote:
    too bad i can't find a single guy to appreciate me the way you do :p

lol thanks sweets don't mean to burst your bubble but football is not so much my thing but i still keep informed hell 7-0 is pretty amazing doesn't take a genius to see that

wasn't sure about football, but considering their season, i figured you couldn't ignore the pats. good time to be a boston sports fan...
    I love to turn you on
    So much for having trouble scoring....

Bahahahahahahahaha!
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    So cool to now have a Boston Bruins thread. I've been away and I'm quietly noticing the Bruins putting up a few points....way cool. :)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    So cool to now have a Boston Bruins thread. I've been away and I'm quietly noticing the Bruins putting up a few points....way cool. :)

Peace
    Earle

No points tonight. Demolished at the hands of the Habs.
    I'll be back in the morning to check up on our fairweather friends here :)
    Rygar wrote:
    No points tonight. Demolished at the hands of the Habs.
    I'll be back in the morning to check up on our fairweather friends here :)

no team is perfect
    jojo wrote:
    no team is perfect

Clarification - no team *in Boston* is perfect ;)
    Rygar wrote:
    Clarification - no team *in Boston* is perfect ;)

um just to clarify the PATROITS are pratcically in boston

and i will bet you 1,000 that not one NHL team ends with a perfect record

so HA :p
    jojo wrote:
    um just to clarify the PATROITS are pratcically in boston

and i will bet you 1,000 that not one NHL team ends with a perfect record

so HA :p

I'm just teasing you.

6 to 1. What a great game!!
    Good Lord that was a clinic out there last night! :eek:
    I love to turn you on
    Good Lord that was a clinic out there last night! :eek:

Yeah a rough night to be a Boourns fan, but the Habs have had their number for a few seasons now so not really anything new.
    Rygar wrote:
    Yeah a rough night to be a Boourns fan, but the Habs have had their number for a few seasons now so not really anything new.

Thank God I'm not a B's fan...I just happened to check it out for a while during the football game commercials...the Habs looked pretty good out there.
    I love to turn you on
  • kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Thank God I'm not a B's fan...I just happened to check it out for a while during the football game commercials...the Habs looked pretty good out there.

Why if u were a Bruins fan it would be easy to get tickets, and sit beside a nice yellow seat lol.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Why if u were a Bruins fan it would be easy to get tickets, and sit beside a nice yellow seat lol.

Very true!!! Especially now that half the city has a hard on for the Celtics again, it's easy to get B's tix.
    I love to turn you on
    Well one bad game shouldn't ruin everything for them.
    Hopefully they can rebuild their fanbase in time to see Montreal kill them at home, haha!
    It's unreal how well they're playing...Biron Continues Strong Play Vs. Bruins

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• I could definitely use another kick ass Boston sports team!
    Bruins top another NY team the Rangers....The Bruins top Rangers in OT.

Peace

I saw this in The Palm Beach Post yesterday.

Match the former Boston Bruins player with his retired sweater number without Goggling it. :)

1. Bobby Orr A.8

2. Phil Esposito B.77

3. Cam Neely C.4

4. John Bucyk D.24

5. Ray Borque E.7

6. Terry O'Reilly F.9

My question Derek Sanderson's # ?

Peace

• smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    g under p wrote:
    I saw this in The Palm Beach Post yesterday.

Match the former Boston Bruins player with his retired sweater number without Goggling it. :)

1. Bobby Orr A.8

2. Phil Esposito B.77

3. Cam Neely C.4

4. John Bucyk D.24

5. Ray Borque E.7

6. Terry O'Reilly F.9

My question Derek Sanderson's # ?

Peace

ok, I'm game

1. Bobby Orr - # 4 (did this one 1st easy)
    2. Phil Esposito - #7 (not 100 % sure, but it's my best guess)
    3. Cam Neely - #8 (did this second, easy)
    4. John Bucyk - # 9 (guess)
    5. Ray Bourque - # 77 (did this third, easy)
    6. Terry O'Reilly - # 24 (guess)

no guess on Sanderson

how'd I do ?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    ok, I'm game

1. Bobby Orr - # 4 (did this one 1st easy)
    2. Phil Esposito - #7 (not 100 % sure, but it's my best guess)
    3. Cam Neely - #8 (did this second, easy)
    4. John Bucyk - # 9 (guess)
    5. Ray Bourque - # 77 (did this third, easy)
    6. Terry O'Reilly - # 24 (guess)

no guess on Sanderson

how'd I do ?

Well done all correct, I threw D. Sanderson in just to make this more difficult.

His # was 16. A treat of a lifetime seeing Bobby Orr play he was amazing live on the ice even though I still wanted to be a goalie.

Peace

I just love the way the Bruins have been playing. Up 3-2 against the Panthers and they come to South Florida on the 21st against those same Panthers. I can't wait.

Check that 4-3 Panthers now. :(

Peace

Shit it's 5-3 now!

Peace