Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    Hello out there, we're on the air, it's 'Hockey Night' tonight.
    Tension grows, the wistle blows, and the puck goes down the ice.
    The goalie jumps, and the players bump, and the fans all go insane.
    Someone roars, "Bobby Scores!", at the good ol' Hockey Game.

:: CHORUS ::
    OH! The good ol' Hockey game, is the best game you can name.
    And the best game you can name, is the good ol' Hockey game.

Second Period.

Where players dash, with skates aflash, the home team trails behind.
    But they grab the puck, and go bursting up, and they're down across the line.
    They storm the crease, like bumble bees, they travel like a burning flame.
    We see them slide, the puck inside, it's a 1-1 hockey game.

(Chorus)

Third Period. Last game of the playoff too!

Oh take me where, the hockey players, face off down the rink.
    And the Stanley Cup, is all filled up, for the champs who win the drink.
    Now the final flick, of a hockey stick, and the one gigantic scream.
    "The puck is in! The home team wins!", the good ol' hockey game.

(Chorus x3)

(It's in!)(He shoots, he scores!)(Henderson scores for Canada- put in Oiler's name there ;)
  • Aww this is great!!!!!

Double OT!!!

Stoll is playing his heart out out there, he's gotta be a star for sure, he's playing great!!

NOTE:

This thread was only 6 pages long like 2 hours ago :)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Sugar RaySugar Ray Posts: 56
    great for hockey... bad for me... I'm exhausted... and I have a show to do tomorrow... lol... come on Oilers score quick damn it!

Incidentally I am a Carolina Hurricanes fan myself... but the Oilers are my next fav...

Cheers,

Raymond
    ...can't touch the bottom....
  • Sugar Ray wrote:
    great for hockey... bad for me... I'm exhausted... and I have a show to do tomorrow... lol... come on Oilers score quick damn it!

Incidentally I am a Carolina Hurricanes fan myself... but the Oilers are my next fav...

Cheers,

Raymond

Oh but you know your staying up no matter how long this goes!! :p:p

:)

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    If I don't stay up for this one then our station will lose the feed of the game and I'll have LOTS of explaining to do... lol

If I am only getting less than 4 hours sleep then I better have an OIler win damn it.

lol
  • Sugar Ray wrote:
    If I don't stay up for this one then our station will lose the feed of the game and I'll have LOTS of explaining to do... lol

If I am only getting less than 4 hours sleep then I better have an OIler win damn it.

lol

Sounds Good!!

I'm making pizza!!! BTW :D

It's only 11:50 over there!!!

It's almost 2:00 here :p:p

C'mon now ;);)

.NJD.
    When do you start work in the morning? Hopefully MUCH MUCH Later than me... lol
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    any bets on who scores the winning goal just for fun. ill say torres
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

A NECK BLANKET... MAN I WISH *I* HAD A NECK BLANKET!

SOrry but I am getting REAL tired of that commercial...
    Damn It Legace... Damn You To Hell!
  • any bets on who scores the winning goal just for fun. ill say torres

That's who I picked mets!!

We made picks a few pages back :)

.NJD.
    Stoll does it... from Samsonov

WOOOO!
  • EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    wooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LETS GO OILERS LETS GO LETS GO OILERS LETS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HAHAHAHAHHAHA.. wooo hooo

Thanks to everyone out there that supports the Oilers !!! metsfan.. mookie.. etc etc...
  • 4-3 oilers!!:D
  • Nice finish!
  • Nicely done Edmonton!!!

Stoll eh....I told ya!!!!!!!! (well....I didn't pick him)

He was playin' great all game, I'm so glad he scored it out of anyone.

Great hockey game!!!!

Thanks guys :)

Goodnight.

.NJD.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal

f-ing awsome.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• they do this every year...big underdog....play guts in the first round or 2, then neither them, nor the team that beat them can win the cup, because they are too physically spent

really sucks....but great hockey!
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • they do this every year...big underdog....play guts in the first round or 2, then neither them, nor the team that beat them can win the cup, because they are too physically spent

really sucks....but great hockey!

It seems to be goin' both ways though this year...East and West.

I think every team will be physically spent.

.NJD.
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    i didnt think much of roloson for quite awhile, but if they can knock out the winds, look out

http://www.nhl.com/features/photogallery/apr24/page7.html
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    Wow...that was such an amazing game!! I am exhausted just from watching it....I get way too excited!! It was like a rollercoaster!
    I was down on Whyte Ave at a pub watching the game and it was CRAZY in there! And Whyte Ave too after the game....honking and cheering and strangers high-fiving each other in the street.......you'd think they won the cup or something!!!!!!!!! Most of the bar was gathering up their stuff to leave when Detroit got that 'goal' until someone yelled...'NO GOAL!!' from the front of the bar and then it was chaos in there!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I cannot wait until Thursday! I'm going to the game and I sure hope that it's just as thrilling and fantastic as tonights game!!!
    Wooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Go Oilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    oh man, that was almost too much....

GO OILERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!

someone put Chelios out of his misery. He runs Samsanov last game, now that semi slew-foot, semi hit from behind play on Hemsky.... Maybe Georgie needs to suit up again and connect this time....dives and cheap shots are all he's got. Datsyuk is shit. Shannahan invisible. Lidstrom getting totally outplayed by Pronger. Smytty outscoring Holstrom. Rolli making Legace look like a chump. Stevie playing with his usual heart. Oilers win. Life is good :)

Sugar Ray - I'll have to see if I can get your show in the city....any station with those call letters has to be decent :D. Do you guys get to say "C-FOK", or do they make you say C-F-O-K?

AND.....how does an Albertan end up a 'Canes fan? ye shall be converted this spring.....You're in Oil country!

MAAAAAAAAA NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Awesome

The Oil are unstopable!!!!
    :D:D:D:D
    When I saw all that sweet genuine Alberta beef being thrown on the ice I broke into a sweat. What a game.
    OH how I despise Chelios, that first goal the WIngs took off of that classic Chelios dive was almost unbearable. Hemsky and the entire Oil team were all that and a bag of chips.

prljamgirl: Me and two of my buddies watched the game up here in the John and were thinking how nuts it must have been on Whyte after they won. I just realized you said you were going to the game on Thursday...oh my you are lucky, it's going to be unreal in E-Town.

GGOOOOOOOIIIILLLLLGGOOOOO0
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
    Sugar Ray - I'll have to see if I can get your show in the city....any station with those call letters has to be decent :D. Do you guys get to say "C-FOK", or do they make you say C-F-O-K?

AND.....how does an Albertan end up a 'Canes fan? ye shall be converted this spring.....You're in Oil country!

Well we are a country station in a small town so unfortunally we DO have to say C-F-O-K rather than the alternative (25 years ago when the station came into being it was called OK Country...just fyi)

Anyway as for being a Canes fan, I have cheered for that team since the early 80's with Gordie Howe playing with his sons... Once Ron Francis came around I was hooked.

Love the Oilers fight though... they are definately giving the Wings all they can handle... on the air before the series I said Oilers in 7 IF they can stay away from the penalties and if Roloson plays lights out...

Anyway good luck getting us in the city... we are only 10 thousand watts and once we get into St. Albert and stuff there is too much intereference form other stations... but you can give it a go though.

Cheers,

Raymond
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Does this mean that Oiler fans will stop griping about disallowed goals? ;)
    Oh yeah, and not all Albertans are Oilers fans.

Congrats on the win, though.
    Just the ones north of Airdrie ;)

I'd give you north of Red Deer ... Maybe ...
  • BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    After last night our playoff hopes are dwindling. We do this to ourselves every year. It's time we fire that fucker MacT and get Ted Nolan here...discuss
    is ted nolan aloowed to coach in the nhl ...i thought he was being blacklisted ?
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

Cant wait till Im in my seat on thursday night at the game!!!
    Its gonna be crrrazy!!! :D:D:D:D
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    BUFFALO wrote:
    is ted nolan aloowed to coach in the nhl ...i thought he was being blacklisted ?

I dont believe he is blacklisted per se by the NHL itself, perhaps the general managers. Nonetheless, it still amazes me no one has picked him up.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
    Guess they didn't run this article in the Calgary Sun, eh? ;)
    http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Alberta/2006/04/23/1546544-sun.html
    Isn't it great being able to talk smack again? I'm glad both teams are there.
    Here's to another BOA (if the Oil and 'Lanche keep it up, and the Flames can get their shit together - it's on!) , and the Oil regaining the title "Alberta's team" :)

There's no accounting for some people's tastes, I guess ... News travels slow to Red Deer, they probably think Wayne is still on the team down there.