Options

Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    hey oilers, that was a great series.... it came down to.. game 7! i just wanted to say edmonton really gave us a run... and..... long live hockey.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    kdpjam wrote:
    hey oilers, that was a great series.... it came down to.. game 7! i just wanted to say edmonton really gave us a run... and..... long live hockey.

It was quite a series and to go seven games shows just how close it was. They were great games and an example of what hockey is all about. Sadly, it didn't end the way we would have liked.
  • Options
    GarnerGarner Posts: 182
    bullshit penalities on edmonton...fuck you carolina
    Barry Bonds is innocent
  • Options
    TorontoPJFanTorontoPJFan Posts: 133
    It was interesting seeing the Whitney interview with his dad on CBC, saying that outside his uniform he still bleeds oiler blue. Growing up idolizing a team always stays with you. Good on him.
    How could she say to me, "love will find a way?"

Toronto Molson Amphitheatre 06.28.2003
    Toronto A.C.C. 05.09.2006
    Toronto A.C.C. 05.10.2006
  • Options
    It was interesting seeing the Whitney interview with his dad on CBC, saying that outside his uniform he still bleeds oiler blue. Growing up idolizing a team always stays with you. Good on him.

yeah, that was pretty cool.
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    at least now all the hockey guys can shave thier gay beards....sbb
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    Well, my heart is more than a bit broken. More like shattered into thousands of little pieces. I feel so horrible for the Oilers. They play hockey with such heart....they really deserved to win. I couldn't bear to sit there and watch the Hurricanes be presented with the cup, it was just too much. But neither could the rest of the bar I was at, I've never seen a bar clear out that fast.
    The only thing that made up for this is that I saw a hot hot guy in one of the Canadian 05 tour shirts at Schanks in between the second and third and that made me smile. I'm going to go and eat ice cream now and then put my drunk ass to bed. :(
    Oh and I made an Oilers - Joey Moss thread.....please check it out. It would mean a lot to me. Thanks.
  • Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    big sigh...................... now to dry out until October. Good Job Oiler boys, you made me proud. I'm really fucking proud of every last one of you.

3 cheers for the Oilers.
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Extends virtual handshake to all Oiler fans. Hell of a series. The Oilers had a magical run and believe me, if I weren't a Canes fan, I woulda been pulling for you guys.
    I just got back from the game and am so in awe of what I witnessed tonight. Im speechless. This is a night I will never forget
    Go Oilers, Go Canes!
    Brian
  • Options
    NCBRI wrote:
    Extends virtual handshake to all Oiler fans. Hell of a series. The Oilers had a magical run and believe me, if I weren't a Canes fan, I woulda been pulling for you guys.
    I just got back from the game and am so in awe of what I witnessed tonight. Im speechless. This is a night I will never forget
    Go Oilers, Go Canes!

no doubt ncbri! congrats on being there. hell of an exciting game. congrats on the win - great, well played series. :)
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    That was a tough one, most exciting playoffs I've ever seen though. I hope most of the team can remain in tact, they have a lot of players to re-sign and not a lot of time to do it.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Congrats Oilers to one helluva year!!! You won the cup when you beat Detroit! Go Oilers!!!!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    Congratulations Carolina, you played a helluva series. Im still proud of the oil but I would be lying if I said my heart doesnt still hurt. Thanks everyone for making this thread last so long and also partaking in our glorious oilers. Maybe this thread will be around for next years playoff run. Take care everybody.

ps.oil
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    Great Season!!!! It was a blast watching the Oilers this season!!!
  • Options
    I cant wait for the puck to drop. We want the cup...we want the cup
    :)
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    I cant wait for the puck to drop. We want the cup...we want the cup
    :)

Offence is looking potent....
  • Options
    tonestones Posts: 104
    What are some of the OIL's fans opinions on the Pronger deal?

I think that they did a good job in getting Lupul and Smid plus those pics are excellent. The deal did sort of leave the defence in shambles though.
    "Your light's reflected now,... reflected from afar...
    We were but stones,... your light made us stars"
  • Options
    well lupul and smid dont make up for Pronger but whatcha going to do? The little beyotch didnt want to stay here regardless. I think there going to be ok, we're still looking good.
    ...yes the offence is looking potent...kinda like Janet Jones ala 1988
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    i'm a season ticket holder to our local minor league team...the Memphis Riverkings....yeah bid deal but its all the hockey we have and minor league rocks....a bunch of guys playing for dirt pay......hell yeah......

anyway....our coach is Kevin McClellan (sp?) we call him coach mac...anyway...he was Wayne Gretzky's enforcer....and was on all the dynasty stanley cup Oilers teams....actually got the game winning goal in one.....he rocks....i love the fighters and he gets some damn good....giant enforcers.....he's a cool dude.....

the Oilers rock.....Alberta is my favorite province.... i'm glad the Oilers have come back rockin' its good to have the old teams kickin' ass
    not that they're that old....but you know what I mean.......

beaches
    Crazy Punk Rock Hockey Grrrl!

"Seek my part...devote myself...my small self...
    like a book amongst...the many on the shelf"
  • Options
    The Oils training camp starts in less than a month (yesterday I think). The training camp is being held in Grande Prairie (bout two hours SE of here. Me and a few friends are going to go down and watch the Joey Moss cup (tix are $50 for the day). I guess you can also buy tix for the whole week of training camp for $250 but damn it all to hell...I have to work.
    Cant wait.
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    Hey Oiler fans,
    I have started a fantasy hockey league with a few friends down here. I have some open spots and I'm looking to diversify the league. After seeing what a group of die hard, knowledgeable group of class act fans you guys were during the finals I thought this was the best place to start. Hope some of you will join. If you have any questions, you can pm me. Here is the info:

You have been invited to join ncbri's Custom League in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Hockey.

In order to join the league, follow the link above or go to game front page, click the "Sign Up Now" or "Get Another Team" button and follow the links to "Join a Custom League". When prompted, enter the League ID# and password below.

League ID#: 9919
    Password: password
    Draft Type: Live Draft
    Draft Time: Sun Oct 1 8:00pm EDT

We will send you a confirmation with further details once you have completed the registration process.

--Fantasy Hockey Commissioner
    http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey
    Brian
  • Options
    NCBRI wrote:
    Hey Oiler fans,
    I have started a fantasy hockey league with a few friends down here. I have some open spots and I'm looking to diversify the league. After seeing what a group of die hard, knowledgeable group of class act fans you guys were during the finals I thought this was the best place to start. Hope some of you will join. If you have any questions, you can pm me. Here is the info:

You have been invited to join ncbri's Custom League in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Hockey.

In order to join the league, follow the link above or go to game front page, click the "Sign Up Now" or "Get Another Team" button and follow the links to "Join a Custom League". When prompted, enter the League ID# and password below.

Draft Time: Sun Oct 1 8:00pm EDT

We will send you a confirmation with further details once you have completed the registration process.

anyone interested??
    Brian
  • Options
    giddy up mo fo's G-I-D-D-Y U-P!!!!

ps NCBRI: tis a good idea, sorry I cant join but I know myself and I would soon drift away if I was to join. :D
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    giddy up mo fo's G-I-D-D-Y U-P!!!!

ps NCBRI: tis a good idea, sorry I cant join but I know myself and I would soon drift away if I was to join. :D

No problem. If you arent in it for the whole season then Id rather you didnt sign up. Maybe someone else is interested. So far, we have 8 teams of various rooting interests ready and willing to go toe to toe this year. We still have space for more.
    Brian
  • Options
    NCBRI wrote:
    Hey Oiler fans,

Draft Time: Thu Sep 21 7:45pm EDT

I´m in!! My team´s name: Brawlers
    Hey, could you stand another drink,
    Better when I don't think,
    It seems to get me through.
  • Options
    I´m in!! My team´s name: Brawlers

Cool. And just so it doesnt appear that a Canes fan is hijacking the Oil Thread: Go Oil.........Good luck making it back to the Finals. A rematch would be storybook.
    Brian
  • Options
    Oilers Preseason: 6 wins 2 losses

First season game tomorrow, it's gonna be a gooder.

Here we go Oilers
    Here we go!!!!
    >>>>
    >

• Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    Oilers Preseason: 6 wins 2 losses

First season game tomorrow, it's gonna be a gooder.

Here we go Oilers
    Here we go!!!!

I was wondering who was going to resurface this thread! Can't wait until tomorrow night!! I'll be in the crowd proudly watching as they unveil the Western Conference Championship banner!!!!! And then cheering as we kick Calgary's butt!! ;)
    Go Oilers!! :D
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    I was wondering who was going to resurface this thread! Can't wait until tomorrow night!! I'll be in the crowd proudly watching as they unveil the Western Conference Championship banner!!!!! And then cheering as we kick Calgary's butt!! ;)
    Go Oilers!! :D

you lucky so-and-so ;) !!!

p.s. go oil! :D (trademark cree nations :) )
  • Options
    less than an hour till the shhhhhhaaaaawwwwwweeeeeeetttttt
    hugiddy boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Here we go Oil
    Here we go!!!!
    Here we go Oil
    Here we go!!!!
    Here we go Oil
    Here we go!!!!
    Here we go Oil
    Here we go!!!!
    Here we go Oil
    Here we go!!!!
    Here we go Oil
    Here we go!!!!