The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    think it would wiser for Gaynaldo to leave Manure..he's always the root of most personal bust ups.

if he does stay..wonder how he and Rooney will play together lol..

anyways i think the english press is fireing this stuff on but i think rooney and ronaldo can handle that and ferguson will do his stuff...
    they are both not kids...
    and i say it´s wiser to stay inat manu bec. real madrid is....sh...
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    they are both not kids...
    I think the game yesterday proved that Rooney still hasn't grown up one bit...
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    I think the game yesterday proved that Rooney still hasn't grown up one bit...

come on they are both since young age in the spot light ....so what...
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    come on they are both since young age in the spot light ....so what...
    either way..I hope Gaynaldo gets stabbed in his gay ass when he comes back to England :D
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • hosenbislerhosenbisler Posts: 349
    What the fuck!?!?!?!?!?!? Frings just got suspended for the Italy game! What the fuck is this?? Cruz himself said that Frings didn´t punch him, and now the FIFA suspends him for ONE game????
    Hey, could you stand another drink,
    Better when I don't think,
    It seems to get me through.
    What the fuck!?!?!?!?!?!? Frings just got suspended for the Italy game! What the fuck is this?? Cruz himself said that Frings didn´t punch him, and now the FIFA suspends him for ONE game????

sorry that i say that but i think there is someting wrong one pic that only the italian saw where in the italien press ...nobody saw that before and than the fifa suspended him ....this is very curious ....
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    either way..I hope Gaynaldo gets stabbed in his gay ass when he comes back to England :D

well after the Wc there will be grass over the stuff...and anyways what rooney did wasn´t nice either
  • TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006300451,00.html

english press bashing C. Ronaldo... bullshit, that's what happens when you totally over hyped your team and then when you see them struggling to beat Ecuador and then get knocked out they make up excuses and try to put the blame on their rivals, just like they did with Simeone in '98 and Maradona in '86.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Towerman wrote:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006300451,00.html

english press bashing C. Ronaldo... bullshit, that's what happens when you totally over hyped your team and then when you see them struggling to beat Ecuador and then get knocked out they make up excuses and try to put the blame on their rivals, just like they did with Simeone in '98 and Maradona in '86.

I think the bashing of C. Ronaldo is totally justified. He is an asshole first class. But yes the English team is hyped.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    AxlUlrich wrote:

He is a cheat and a lot of nasty words apply to C. Ronaldo, but I wouldn't call his gay just because he fucked Rooney. It is an insult to gay people why do you insult them by linking them to C. Ronaldo? ;)
    But seriously try and pick other words man.
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    If you watched that game for the eye candy (like I did), we all won. :D
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I think the bashing of C. Ronaldo is totally justified. He is an asshole first class. But yes the English team is hyped.

Ronaldo might be a 1st class asshole but he is a damm great player. he was standing up for his teammate who was hurt by Rooney in a very bad act. Rooney deserve to be kick of the field for that. and by the way, Ronaldo will not go to real. that is just a political ploy from someone who is trying to become president of the country.
    fife wrote:
    Ronaldo might be a 1st class asshole but he is a damm great player. he was standing up for his teammate who was hurt by Rooney in a very bad act. Rooney deserve to be kick of the field for that. and by the way, Ronaldo will not go to real. that is just a political ploy from someone who is trying to become president of the country.

exactly... to me Rooney deliberatively step into his rival. It was a well deserved red card.
    PSV fans won't be to happy with this story I think.... apparently Portsmouth has offered $20 million for Farfan and Koeman is willing to let him go because with that money they could get Saviola. (actually with a lot lees but you get the point).

A Saviola-Farfan duo would have been great to watch this season.... and also why does always PSV has the need to sell their top players if they got Philips behind them? it's not like they need the money or anything.
    Towerman wrote:
    PSV fans won't be to happy with this story I think.... apparently Portsmouth has offered $20 million for Farfan and Koeman is willing to let him go because with that money they could get Saviola. (actually with a lot lees but you get the point).

A Saviola-Farfan duo would have been great to watch this season.... and also why does always PSV has the need to sell their top players if they got Philips behind them? it's not like they need the money or anything.

I heard about Farfan. We will see if he feels Portsmouth is his challenge.

Phillips is just the sponsor and they don't pay even half of what the big European clubs get. It doesn't work that way in Holland. We need to sell our best players sooner or later. I think the total budget that PSV has is something like 55/60 million Euro's, at least it was a few years ago. That is peanuts compared to clubs from England, Spain, Italy, Germany & France.
    Dutch clubs always need the money, and from the top three PSV needs it the most. They aren't in any real trouble, but due to the building plans that were done and the high mortgage they have to pay for the stadium, PSV needs to find 10 Million Euro's each year. Usually that is no problem because of the transfers. Even if they miss out on any transfer income one season that isn't that bad because they know it will come in the next year. They can also compensate with doing better in the Champions league than they have planned. They tend not to plan that money in their budget.

I didn't hear about Saviola and framkly I don't believe that it will happen. It would be cool though.
    I heard about Farfan. We will see if he feels Portsmouth is his challenge.

Phillips is just the sponsor and they don't pay even half of what the big European clubs get. It doesn't work that way in Holland. We need to sell our best players sooner or later. I think the total budget that PSV has is something like 55/60 million Euro's, at least it was a few years ago. That is peanuts compared to clubs from England, Spain, Italy, Germany & France.
    Dutch clubs always need the money, and from the top three PSV needs it the most. They aren't in any real trouble, but due to the building plans that were done and the high mortgage they have to pay for the stadium, PSV needs to find 10 Million Euro's each year. Usually that is no problem because of the transfers. Even if they miss out on any transfer income one season that isn't that bad because they know it will come in the next year. They can also compensate with doing better in the Champions league than they have planned. They tend not to plan that money in their budget.

I didn't hear about Saviola and framkly I don't believe that it will happen. It would be cool though.

oh well... that clears up things for me cause I always thought that actually Philips was the club's owner. An it really sucks that dutch clubs have to sell their best players, I remember when Ajax won the Champions League like a year after almost their whole squad was dismantled. About Saviola here's a couple of links:
    http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=235349
    http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=257682
    Towerman wrote:
    oh well... that clears up things for me cause I always thought that actually Philips was the club's owner. An it really sucks that dutch clubs have to sell their best players, I remember when Ajax won the Champions League like a year after almost their whole squad was dismantled. About Saviola here's a couple of links:
    http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=235349
    http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=257682

The P in PSV is for Philips that is true, but they do not own the club. There are major links between club and company, but Philips is only a sponsor nower days. It has been that way ever since the mid '80's. A lot of managers that stop working at Philips come to work at PSV. But they will not pay gigantic sums of money so PSV can win the champions league.

I know about Ajax, they even had to let go players for free.

I think Saviola will ask too much salary so I reckon he will go elsewhere.
    fife wrote:

I don't think of him as a damn great player. I can't every time I see his face I get sick. I think he is a whining self involved cheat. Kind of like Robben.

"standing up for his team-mate"

Is that what they are calling it these days. I thought he was just screwing a fellow football player, hoping he might get the other booked. Sure the card was justified. Had he been given two red cards it would have been justified, but you know what else would have been justified? A yellow card for C. Ronaldo. Every time a player asks for yellow I think they should have it.

Having seen it I can't say anything other then he did hit him. Still you know what Italy is like. They wanted to help the FIFA because they are good sportsmen.
  • What the fuck!?!?!?!?!?!? Frings just got suspended for the Italy game! What the fuck is this?? Cruz himself said that Frings didn´t punch him, and now the FIFA suspends him for ONE game????
    Having seen it I can't say anything other then he did hit him. Still you know what Italy is like. They wanted to help the FIFA because they are good sportsmen.
    Ridicoulos.
    Once Totti had been suspended because he spit at a danish player (who was elbowing totti all the time)
    The image of the spit come from a private danish tv that put a camera only on totti for all the game.
    Do the italian complain about that?Not, because totti had done a mistake.
    This time image of Frings comes from Sky (official tv, not private)
    And the owner of sky,Murdoch, he is australian, not italian...
    Ridicuolos.
    Yes, but everything happens because the italians always complains, cheats, dive or they're mafious.
    OHHHH The stereotypes.... What awful things.
    Ridicoulos.
    Once Totti had been suspended because he spit at a danish player (who was elbowing totti all the time)
    The image of the spit come from a private danish tv that put a camera only on totti for all the game.
    Ridicuolos.
    Yes, but everything happens because the italians always complains, cheats, dive or they're mafious.

I wonder how that stereotype came into the world.:D
  • I wonder how that stereotype came into the world.:D
    From ignorance. :D
    From ignorance. :D

Ignorance from the Italian players that weren't aware of what the cheating would do for their image over the years?
  • Ignorance from the Italian players that weren't aware of what the cheating would do for their image over the years?

I just think that the italians dive as much as the players of the other countries (seen france yesterday?or rooney reaction?or fringtz, or argentina, holland, portugal...), and that not all the italians players dive or cheat.
    What sad thing not only stereothypes, but also stendhal syndrome.

But in the end "che vinca il migliore" (and let the best one win).
  • Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    Ignorance from the Italian players that weren't aware of what the cheating would do for their image over the years?
    Frings really punched. it was not a plastic fist put in the images by the Italians. So, stay silent.
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
    I just think that the italians dive as much as the players of the other countries (seen france yesterday?or rooney reaction?or fringtz, or argentina, holland, portugal...), and that not all the italians players dive or cheat.
    What sad thing not only stereothypes, but also stendhal syndrome.

But in the end "che vinca il migliore" (and let the best one win).

It isn't Dutch culture to dive. Robben is getting less and less populair over here because he keeps diving. The fact that Italy are called on the cheating is not just from this Tournament, over the years they showed so much anti football that I loathe their style and attitude.
    Puck78 wrote:
    Frings really punched. it was not a plastic fist put in the images by the Italians. So, stay silent.

What does the post you replayed to have to do with Frings? If you can't read it would be a good idea for you to stay silent. Silly reaction silly little Puck
    What does the post you replaied to have to do with Frings? If you can't read it would be a good idea for you to stay silent. Silly reaction silly little Puck.
    *yawn* you started your stereoptypes answering to scarletstarlet. And scarletstarlet was answering to hosenbisler about frings. so, it seems that you answered to scarletstarlet without knowing what he was talking about, if you wrote this to me....
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
    Puck78 wrote:
    *yawn* you started your stereoptypes answering to scarletstarlet. And scarletstarlet was answering to hosenbisler about frings. so, it seems that you answered to scarletstarlet without knowing what he was talking about, if you wrote this to me....

Perhaps you should look more closely. It was also directed at me.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hosenbisler
    Quote:
    Ridicoulos.
    Ridicuolos.
    dear karma defect, isn't this all about Frings??? And you ask me what has frings to do with this????
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk