The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Klumpie wrote:
    It's good that your back.

And about the CL, we have both the chance to go through.

definitely are favorites both PSV and Liverpool..but i think if Liverpool don't wake up fast enough...Gala could spring a surprise and knock us out..
    glad the loss to Everton woke us up alittle..if not PSV might have just beaten us last week.

congrats to Crewe too...Wigan have been crap so far haha..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    AxlUlrich wrote:

definitely are favorites both PSV and Liverpool..but i think if Liverpool don't wake up fast enough...Gala could spring a surprise and knock us out..
    glad the loss to Everton woke us up alittle..if not PSV might have just beaten us last week.

congrats to Crewe too...Wigan have been crap so far haha..

PSV has only 1 problem. We lost Cocu, Culina and Farfan for 3 weeks. I hope we can replace this important players.
    Klumpie wrote:
    PSV has only 1 problem. We lost Cocu, Culina and Farfan for 3 weeks. I hope we can replace this important players.
    important players yeh..i thought Culina was good against Liverpool
    what a good buy Mendez is too!
    very impressive for a player to make an immediate impact for a new club

can't say the same for Liverpool..our new signings are taking too long to gel and the rest of the team are still tired from last season and the WC.
    Alonso and Gerrard have been crap so far among others..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:

can't say the same for Liverpool..our new signings are taking too long to gel and the rest of the team are still tired from last season and the WC.

Culina is always good, because he works very hard.
    Cocu and Farfan are brilliant players, but I saw against Feyenoord last sunday that we can play very good without these players. We have Kluivert, it's not my favorite (Ajax, you know) but if he reached his high level that he had at Barca, then I have no problem with him.

And Mendez, the guy is after 3 matches already a legend. I hope we can keep him for a long time. I still don't know why the big teams didn't saw him, because he played already 2 impressive WC's.

And maybe has Liverpool to much spanish influence in the team.
    Klumpie wrote:
    And Mendez, the guy is after 3 matches already a legend. I hope we can keep him for a long time.
    Kuyt is getting somewhat of the same response from the Liverpool faithful as well.
    despite not scoring any yet..the fans are really impressed with his hardwork and style...been very long since i seen a Liverpool striker try to play motivator to the club as well.
    Liverpool fans too really enjoy his interviews...very honest guy without being too blunt and he gives the impression that he's a fantastic person on and off the pitch.
    all he needs is goals now and he will definitely be a legend.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Kuyt is getting somewhat of the same response from the Liverpool faithful as well.
    despite not scoring any yet..the fans are really impressed with his hardwork and style...been very long since i seen a Liverpool striker try to play motivator to the club as well.
    Liverpool fans too really enjoy his interviews...very honest guy without being too blunt and he gives the impression that he's a fantastic person on and off the pitch.
    all he needs is goals now and he will definitely be a legend.

Kuyt will make it in Liverpool. Maybe he will not score 20 goals, but letting other people score is also important. And he's a guy from the church, so he's always friendly to people.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Kuyt will make it in Liverpool. Maybe he will not score 20 goals, but letting other people score is also important. And he's a guy from the church, so he's always friendly to people.
    when he missed two very good chances against Chelski..some fans were starting to question his credentials..but they still love him for his comments aboot Everton and Chelski
    for me am still confident he will come good..and hope to see him and Crouch play more instead of Bellamy.
    Church guy..never knew that haha..but not surprised.

YNWA
  • Axl great to have you back, missed you :)
    Axl great to have you back, missed you :)
    missed you even more ;)

but yeh..hopefully my return marks a return in form for the Reds lol..

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    missed you even more ;)

I hope for the Gers too, jeez if we get beat tonight i will be looking for a piece of rope
    I hope for the Gers too, jeez if we get beat tonight i will be looking for a piece of rope
    lol..lucky for us...after going through a pretty crappy 90's era..we dont reach for the rope too soon lol..

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    when he missed two very good chances against Chelski..some fans were starting to question his credentials..but they still love him for his comments aboot Everton and Chelski
    for me am still confident he will come good..and hope to see him and Crouch play more instead of Bellamy.
    Church guy..never knew that haha..but not surprised.

Kuyt is better then Bellamy and Crouch. So give him the time, he's only there for a few weeks.
    AxlUlrich wrote:

hehe, the return of the legend :D
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    lol..lucky for us...after going through a pretty crappy 90's era..we dont reach for the rope too soon lol..

Hey look who we have here. The prodigal son has returned.;)
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    Hey look who we have here. The prodigal son has returned.;)

And another legend returned ;)
  • Klumpie wrote:

Especially missing Farfan and Cocu is lethal. Away in France without those key player will be hard. Farfan isn't certain yet, he might make it right?
  • Klumpie wrote:
    And another legend returned ;)

Hihi are you gonna greet me that way every time I login.:D I could get use to that.;)
    Especially missing Farfan and Cocu is lethal. Away in France without those key player will be hard. Farfan isn't certain yet, he might make it right?

I don't know it anymore. Some say a week and some say 3 weeks. If I had the right to choose then it will be the first one ;)
    Hihi are you gonna greet me that way every time I login.:D I could get use to that.;)

Well, we are all legends.

Pearl Juli
    amentvedder
    Ladygooddiva
    evo
    AxlUllrich
    Towerman
    karma defect
    brfh9
    klumpie

more legends????
  • Klumpie wrote:
    I don't know it anymore. Some say a week and some say 3 weeks. If I had the right to choose then it will be the first one ;)

I would to. Well if I had a match I could choose to miss them it would be this one. The matches against Gala and the home matches are way to important. I don't think we will come back with more than a draw from France. I saw them in the France league and they looked pretty good.
    I would to. Well if I had a match I could choose to miss them it would be this one. The matches against Gala and the home matches are way to important. I don't think we will come back with more than a draw from France. I saw them in the France league and they looked pretty good.

No, Bordeaux is 6 points for us. Galatasaray is 6 points for us. Actually we're already through the first round.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Well, we are all legends.

amentvedder
    Ladygooddiva
    evo
    AxlUllrich
    Towerman
    karma defect
    brfh9
    klumpie

more legends????

I am getting a serious David Bowie vibe now.;) We could be heroes.:D

Dude you forgot Pearl Juli.
    I am getting a serious David Bowie vibe now.;) We could be heroes.:D

Dude you forgot Pearl Juli.

Fuck yeah, how could I forget her.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Fuck yeah, how could I forget her.

Well the presence of so many legends had you a bit distracted.:D;)
  • AxlUlrich wrote:

I thought Kuyt and Bellemy were pretty good against PSV.
    Well the presence of so many legends had you a bit distracted.:D;)

Yeah, that must be the reason. But it's still stupid from my side.
    I thought Kuyt and Bellemy were pretty good against PSV.
    yeh Bellamy had a good game..linked up well with Kuyt but the finishing touch is always missing from him.
    a player like Bellamy needs to play every week to perform at his best..so at a club who rotates all the time..i think Bellamy might not do too well.
    I will always prefer Crouch over him cos Crouch keeps posession of the ball longer and links up much better with the midfielders.

YNWA
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Yeah, that must be the reason. But it's still stupid from my side.

If you edit it now she'll never know.;)
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh Bellamy had a good game..linked up well with Kuyt but the finishing touch is always missing from him.
    a player like Bellamy needs to play every week to perform at his best..so at a club who rotates all the time..i think Bellamy might not do too well.
    I will always prefer Crouch over him cos Crouch keeps posession of the ball longer and links up much better with the midfielders.

True, but Kuijt is pretty good at that as well. With gerrard in the back of the strikers it is a sure thing for goals. I do think Kuijt and crouch can also be a good duo, but Kuijt did really well at Feyenoord with a moving partner.
  • AxlUlrich wrote:

Ahh the 90's, for us that was happy days, man i wish it was the 90's again..

Speaking of the 90's i have something for my friend Klumpie, i hope he don't fall out with me :D:p

*hides

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGbMpDUDuCs&mode=related&search=
    Ahh the 90's, for us that was happy days, man i wish it was the 90's again..

Speaking of the 90's i have something for my friend Klumpie, i hope he don't fall out with me :D:p

*hides

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGbMpDUDuCs&mode=related&search=

You guys have the same problem like Ajax, always thinking back on the history.

"We are the world leaders with titles" = very good with only 1 opponont

"We won 4 times the EC1" (ajax) = good for you, we have the future.

I'm glad you guys have a good history, it's the only thing that remind you guys that you were good.