The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Send me the stuff for the league please.

created a league there:

139128-19859

points only count for the 2nd game week (26-09) so you can all join....
  • this is npt fair the best home match (in my eyes ) is on the 23th vs bremen and i can´t be there bec. i am on the pearl jam concert but me feeth will scream for hamburg;)
    Dammnit, Cocu is for 3 weeks out. His injured at his leg.
  • All Time Argentina League Champions

1) RIVER PLATE - 32

2) Boca Juniors - 22
    2) Independiente - 14
    4) San Lorenzo - 9
    5) Racing Club - 7
    6) Velez Sarsfield - 6

....that's all I'm going to say
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Towerman wrote:
    All Time Argentina League Champions

1) RIVER PLATE - 32

2) Boca Juniors - 22
    2) Independiente - 14
    4) San Lorenzo - 9
    5) Racing Club - 7
    6) Velez Sarsfield - 6

hahaha :D

awww...another bitter fan from another team ;) hehe just playing.
    Did you hear about Independiente??? they're crying and saying they're still the "King of Cups" because they say quality is what matters, not quantity. Their argument is that Boca has 2 cups with little importance (Copa de Oro and Copa Masters), but then again, that's BULLSHIT because Independiente has 3 "unimportant" titles on that list (3 Copas Interamericanas) ;)

Ahhhh....I just love it when the rivals try to minimize others' achievements in order to reassure themselves. I know it hurts...but you people will get through it ;) or not....hehehehhehehehe :D:D:D

Oh! and I personally value international titles more than local ones. International titles where you measured yourself up against the biggest European teams for example.
    Let's just say the "Argentine League" is NOT exactly the EPL.... ;) haha :D

Errr...so anyway, how do you think you'll do in Jujuy? :p
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Towerman wrote:

1) RIVER PLATE - 32

2) Boca Juniors - 22
    2) Independiente - 14
    4) San Lorenzo - 9
    5) Racing Club - 7
    6) Velez Sarsfield - 6

It's easy to win that many when you compete in a league that doesn't have much parity. :p
    Towerman wrote:

1) RIVER PLATE - 32

2) Boca Juniors - 22
    2) Independiente - 14
    4) San Lorenzo - 9
    5) Racing Club - 7
    6) Velez Sarsfield - 6

Great, I allready thought that River Plate was a bigger club then Boca Juniors.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Great, I allready thought that River Plate was a bigger club then Boca Juniors.

***AJAX***
    national: 51
    international:12

PSV
    national: 34
    international:3 (only 3??? :eek: )

Hey, at least we are the world King of Cups and have more interational cups than them, and they only have 10 more domestically. But damn! Ajax has 9 more international AND 17 more domestically than PSV.... ;)
    They're the bigger club in EVERY SINGLE aspect of it!!! :D hahahah.

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    ***AJAX***
    national: 51
    international:12

PSV
    national: 34
    international:3 (only 3??? :eek: )

Hey, at least we are the world King of Cups and have more interational cups than them, and they only have 10 more domestically. But damn! Ajax has 9 more international AND 17 more domestically than PSV.... ;)
    They're the bigger club in EVERY SINGLE aspect of it!!! :D hahahah.

Oh yeah, Ajax is still bigger. But we are coming closer. As I said before 12 titles in the last 20 years. And international, well I don't we can compete anymore with the big clubs and alot of money.

But just kidding. C'mon Boca Juniors.
    HSV lost today, so will not see Lady today. I wish you all the best
    Celtic won today, congrats evo.

PSV is tomorrow
    Glascow is tomorrow
    Liverpool is tomorrow
    Boca Juniors is tomorrow

More people fan of any club???
    Klumpie wrote:
    Oh yeah, Ajax is still bigger. But we are coming closer. As I said before 12 titles in the last 20 years. And international, well I don't we can compete anymore with the big clubs and alot of money.

But just kidding. C'mon Boca Juniors.

haha. I was just messing with ya ;)

So how's PSV doing on the CL so far?

♪ Juli ♪
    Klumpie wrote:

PSV is tomorrow
    Glascow is tomorrow
    Liverpool is tomorrow
    Boca Juniors is tomorrow

Isn't Manu tomorrow too? :D

Those are all local league games, right?

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    haha. I was just messing with ya ;)

So how's PSV doing on the CL so far?

In the CL you have every 2 week a match. And last Tuesday was our first match, we played 0-0 against Axl's Liverpool. Not bad because Liverpool is a very good team and we have just a new team with new players.
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Isn't Manu tomorrow too? :D

Those are all local league games, right?

Yes, this are all local league teams. And ManU is tomorrow against Arsenal. Tomorrow is also Chelsea - Liverpool.
    Klumpie wrote:
    In the CL you have every 2 week a match. And last Tuesday was our first match, we played 0-0 against Axl's Liverpool. Not bad because Liverpool is a very good team and we have just a new team with new players.

Cool. So who are you playing on the next match?

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Cool. So who are you playing on the next match?

Next match is 27-9-2006 FC Girondins de Bordeaux - PSV. French teams are always difficult.
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    Klumpie wrote:

PSV is tomorrow
    Glascow is tomorrow
    Liverpool is tomorrow
    Boca Juniors is tomorrow

CR Vasco da Gama today...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    Klumpie wrote:
    Celtic won today, congrats evo.quote]

thanks. pretty poor to be honest, 1-0 v Dunfermline at Celtic Park, and Vennegoor didnt score!!

must be saving the goals for Rangers next week ;)
    Hail Hail
    brhf9 wrote:
    CR Vasco da Gama today...

aha, Vasco da Gama. That is one of the biggest clubs in Brasil??? And the former team of Romario. Good luck.
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    hahaha :D

awww...another bitter fan from another team ;) hehe just playing.
    Did you hear about Independiente??? they're crying and saying they're still the "King of Cups" because they say quality is what matters, not quantity. Their argument is that Boca has 2 cups with little importance (Copa de Oro and Copa Masters), but then again, that's BULLSHIT because Independiente has 3 "unimportant" titles on that list (3 Copas Interamericanas) ;)

Ahhhh....I just love it when the rivals try to minimize others' achievements in order to reassure themselves. I know it hurts...but you people will get through it ;) or not....hehehehhehehehe :D:D:D

Oh! and I personally value international titles more than local ones. International titles where you measured yourself up against the biggest European teams for example.
    Let's just say the "Argentine League" is NOT exactly the EPL.... ;) haha :D

Errr...so anyway, how do you think you'll do in Jujuy? :p

hehehe, well I was just pointing out a fact. Anyway Boca looks so strong right now, a shame really that they don't get to play in the Fifa WC Championship in Japan. A Barcelona vs Boca would be an instant classic to watch, and I agree with you on Palacio what a talented kid, he reminds me so much of a young Caniggia minus the long hair and the bad antics. And he always looks very calm and respectful about the rivals, unlike Schelotto.

And River.... ahhh, how I miss the 90's really when they had the best players(Crespo, Francescoli, Ayala, Sorin, Ortega, Aimar, etc), and won 3 consecutive leagues, the Libertadores, Supercopa and all that. But right now Boca is pretty dominant... there's always hope though that Lavolpe will change everything and fuck it all up, hhahahahah.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
    Woohoo!!! PSV won of Feyenoord with 2-1 and Ajax lost of Roda JC with 2-0.
  • Aw, poor Micky Ballack............
  • well hamburg lost badly and yea i am really sad .i think the team hasn´t found each other yet .they aren´t ready to get the german title and they have no chance in the cl i think in some years maybe ..it´s a young team but if hamburg won´t be in the cl and play badly in the bundesliga than we might loose vdv,de jong and jarolim and than ?i think we are in a hard situation now but i hope that doll and beiersdorfer will stay no matter what will happen .and i think they won´t be droped out of the 1 bundesliga(still they are the only team wich was never in the 2 bundesliga since the startin)....

manu is playing now still 0:0 and rosicky is injured and silvestre must be out too(injury) evra is in ...
    what a match is that...
  • seems not a good day west ham 0 newcastle 2 :(:(
    .and i think they won´t be droped out of the 1 bundesliga(still they are the only team wich was never in the 2 bundesliga since the startin)...

Your team is too good to be dropped out of the bundesliga. Give Doll and your young team the time. It's always difficult after a very good year to continue the success. I wish you all the best.
    Also we will not see amentvedder today. Glascow Rangers lost of Hibernian today with 2-1.
    Towerman wrote:
    hehehe, well I was just pointing out a fact. Anyway Boca looks so strong right now, a shame really that they don't get to play in the Fifa WC Championship in Japan. A Barcelona vs Boca would be an instant classic to watch, and I agree with you on Palacio what a talented kid, he reminds me so much of a young Caniggia minus the long hair and the bad antics. And he always looks very calm and respectful about the rivals, unlike Schelotto.

And River.... ahhh, how I miss the 90's really when they had the best players(Crespo, Francescoli, Ayala, Sorin, Ortega, Aimar, etc), and won 3 consecutive leagues, the Libertadores, Supercopa and all that. But right now Boca is pretty dominant... there's always hope though that Lavolpe will change everything and fuck it all up, hhahahahah.

haha :D no prob ;)

Yeah, during the 90's the superclasicos were more of a spectacle I think than what they might be nowadays. Back then both teams had some fantastic players and legends. Yeah, I remember the time when River seemed to dominate everything.

Yep. A Barca vs. Boca game would've been awesome to watch, although I would prefer a game against Real Madrid because I actually do like Barca...haha and would rather see Real Madrid lose :p

In the words of Astrada, "if there was a Boca player who would do the River jersey justice, is Palacio" :) (I don't know if that's a compliment or an insult...hahaha :D j/k). Either way, I really hope the kid gets to be a starter on the national team. I feel a sense of trust towards him, haha, that if he plays we'll do just fine. Hopefully it'll be that way :)

hahaha :D yeah, according to Lavolpe, he won't be changing a thing so...I guess you can still hope he either contradicts himself, flip flops or changes his mind? :) lol. I do hope things stay the same though ;) obviously.

♪ Juli ♪
    Yikes...so far it sounds like a not so good day except fot PSV.

Boca didn't play yet, so I don't know if I should be happy or sad yet :p

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Yikes...so far it sounds like a not so good day except fot PSV.

Boca didn't play yet, so I don't know if I should be happy or sad yet :p

A good day??? We can speak about a great day:

PSV - Feyenoord (2-1)
    Roda JC - Ajax (2-0)
    AZ - FC Twente (2-2)

And Juli good luck with Boca.
    Klumpie wrote:
    A good day??? We can speak about a great day:

PSV - Feyenoord (2-1)
    Roda JC - Ajax (2-0)
    AZ - FC Twente (2-2)

And Juli good luck with Boca.

haha :D yeh! I forgot about the Ajax loss...lol.

Thanks. Today shouldn't be a hard game, we play a small team, Godoy Cruz, BUT those teams often surprise you so...let's hope for the best :D

♪ Juli ♪