The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    haha :D yeh! I forgot about the Ajax loss...lol.

Thanks. Today shouldn't be a hard game, we play a small team, Godoy Cruz, BUT those teams often surprise you so...let's hope for the best :D

I think AZ is at the moment a bigger competitor then Ajax. AZ has a great team.

If you win of the small clubs you become the champion, but most of the times are this the most difficult matches.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Also we will not see amentvedder today. Glascow Rangers lost of Hibernian today with 2-1.

Wrong! I'am here. Feel my pain.

:(:(:(
    Wrong! I'am here. Feel my pain.

:(:(:(

Actually, it's a long time ago that I felt the pain of loosing with football. The last time that I was really sick, was with the semi final of the CL against Milan. In the last fucking minute, I'm still mad about it. We deserved to win the CL that year, we were the best team of Europe.
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Errrrrrr.......as I was saying, usually the smallest teams are the ones who come up with the surprises.

Boca 0-Godoy Cruz 0

Now Boca shares the top with San Lorenzo, and if River wins, it'll join them at the top as well. (uggghhh....lol ) Haven't seen a tournament as close among the "big" teams in a long time. This is looking like the EPL!!! hahaha.

EDIT: oh yeah, and that means no record of consecutive wins for us :( mmmm....I wonder what they finally did/gonna do about the game against Gimnacia L.P.....
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Errrrrrr.......as I was saying, usually the smallest teams are the ones who come up with the surprises.

Boca 0-Godoy Cruz 0

Now Boca shares the top with San Lorenzo, and if River wins, it'll join them at the top as well. (uggghhh....lol ) Haven't seen a tournament as close among the "big" teams in a long time. This is looking like the EPL!!! hahaha.

EDIT: oh yeah, and that means no record of consecutive wins for us :( mmmm....I wonder what they finally did/gonna do about the game against Gimnacia L.P.....

:(
    Well least you's didn't get beat and lose al the points :mad:
    It's been a bad w/e celtic won and we lost, never good that
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Actually, it's a long time ago that I felt the pain of loosing with football. The last time that I was really sick, was with the semi final of the CL against Milan. In the last fucking minute, I'm still mad about it. We deserved to win the CL that year, we were the best team of Europe.

Yeh that would have been a killer. Last season we went out on goal difference in the CL, thats quite a sore one too. Last season in the league was also very hard to take. Jeez am depressed now lol!
    :(
    Well least you's didn't get beat and lose al the points :mad:
    It's been a bad w/e celtic won and we lost, never good that

True. Hope the Rangers get revenge next gameweek.

Speaking of rival teams we despise...

River scored a goal during INJURY TIME, won the game 2-1, and now shares the top with Boca and San Lorenzo as well :mad:

ARGGGGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!! :mad:

EDIT: yeah, I just remembered Boca still has a second half to play against Gimnasia L.P. from the game that got suspended last Sunday. So we might still end up on the top postition of the table...all by ourselves ;)

♪ Juli ♪
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Your team is too good to be dropped out of the bundesliga. Give Doll and your young team the time. It's always difficult after a very good year to continue the success. I wish you all the best.

yes i know you are right;) they need time but last session it was so perfect and now it´s so hard but i love them no matter where they end:)
    thank you so much ...yea that´s true It´s so difficult.so next weekend they play vs bremen (well i am than in berlin:D) and maybe doll should get tips from his friend von Hessen;):D
    yes i know you are right;) they need time but last session it was so perfect and now it´s so hard but i love them no matter where they end:)
    thank you so much ...yea that´s true It´s so difficult.so next weekend they play vs bremen (well i am than in berlin:D) and maybe doll should get tips from his friend von Hessen;):D

If you win that match, everybody will scream "see, we were unlucky in the first matches".

And if you loose, everybody will scream "see, last year they were lucky"

Just continue where you started and the good results will come.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    If you win that match, everybody will scream "see, we were unlucky in the first matches".

And if you loose, everybody will scream "see, last year they were lucky"

Just continue where you started and the good results will come.

yes that´s foothball ;)

yeap hopefully .....
    i think the big problem is that we don´t have a real leader on the pitch
    i think the big problem is that we don´t have a real leader on the pitch

Which player is that in this modern football??? I don't see them. Most teams that have succes are having succes with collective football. See Germany or Italy at WC.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Which player is that in this modern football??? I don't see them. Most teams that have succes are having succes with collective football. See Germany or Italy at WC.

ok but i meant somebody like babarez pushing the team or so ...
    yeap that´s right!
    ok but i meant somebody like babarez pushing the team or so ...
    yeap that´s right!

Well, vdVaart could do that. But he's out.
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    PSV
    national: 34
    international:3 (only 3??? :eek: )

Hey this is weird, I thought we won only 2 international cups :D
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Well, vdVaart could do that. But he's out.

yes sad but true ...
  • What happened with Farfan in the PSV game?
    Just heard that he'll be out for weeks cause Kluivert unintenionally injured him.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
    Klumpie wrote:
    Hey this is weird, I thought we won only 2 international cups :D

really??? :confused:

Well, according to Wikipedia, you won 3 :D haha. Congratulations! :p

♪ Juli ♪
    Towerman wrote:
    What happened with Farfan in the PSV game?
    Just heard that he'll be out for weeks cause Kluivert unintenionally injured him.

He has some problems with his head, he's now for weeks out. That's sad.
  • Rangers are away to Dunfermline tomorrow in the Scottish cup. But in Glasgow, already, the old firm build up has began.

Tuesday 19th September 2006
    This Saturday sees Paul Le Guen break his Old Firm duck. If dropping silly points haven’t been enough to be going on with, this first fixture is away from home. Here are the managerial ‘firsts’ for our managers down the years in an Old Firm context at Celtic Park.

Graeme Souness
    First visit to Celtic park as manager 1/11/1986 (League) Celtic 1 v Rangers 1
    First win at CP as manager 1/4/1989 (League) Celtic 1 v Rangers 2

Walter Smith
    First visit to Celtic park as manager 31/8/1991 (League) Celtic 0 v Rangers 2
    First win at CP as manager. As above

Alex McLeish
    First visit to Celtic Park as manager 30/4/2002 (League) Celtic 1 v Rangers 1
    First win at CP as manager 5/2/2005 (League) Celtic 0 v Rangers 2

PLG
    To Be Announced.

I would expect celtic to win their home game.. but we'll hammer them at Ibrox! :)
    Tomorrow PSV will play against Kozakken Boys, I think we will win with 8-0 or something like that.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Tomorrow PSV will play against Kozakken Boys, I think we will win with 8-0 or something like that.

hahah Thats the best sig i ever saw !

Is your team playing that confidently then?? or is the Kozakken Boys just shit :)
    hahah Thats the best sig i ever saw !

Is your team playing that confidently then?? or is the Kozakken Boys just shit :)

Well, from now I will be nice against scottish people otherwise I get some wrangles again. :D

the Kozakken Boys is just shit and we are the best team of Holland.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Well, from now I will be nice against scottish people otherwise I get some wrangles again. :D

the Kozakken Boys is just shit and we are the best team of Holland.

You being nice to me?! ..Wonder how long that will last :p
    You being nice to me?! ..Wonder how long that will last :p

Did Glascow played last weekend??:eek: oh sorry, I try to be nice. So c'mon Gers :cool:
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Did Glascow played last weekend??:eek: oh sorry, I try to be nice. So c'mon Gers :cool:

:eek: That cut me deep. Insult my mother or something just not the Gers! :D
    :eek: That cut me deep. Insult my mother or something just not the Gers! :D

Okay, Glascow are the Gers or not????
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Okay, Glascow are the Gers or not????

Yes. Gers = Glasgow Rangers FC

The club's correct name is simply Rangers F.C. although it is sometimes incorrectly called Glasgow Rangers, this frequently happens with English commentators seeking to distinguish between them and other similarly-named clubs, like Queens Park Rangers F.C

I find alot of people call us "the" Rangers, to my Scottish ears thats quite funny but cute i like it
    Yes. Gers = Glasgow Rangers FC

The club's correct name is simply Rangers F.C. although it is sometimes incorrectly called Glasgow Rangers, this frequently happens with English commentators seeking to distinguish between them and other similarly-named clubs, like Queens Park Rangers F.C

I find alot of people call us "the" Rangers, to my Scottish ears thats quite funny but cute i like it

So they aren't cows. hehe, I always wrote Glascow. So it's The Gers or The Rangers. Ok, thank you for your clear explanation.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    So they aren't cows. hehe, I always wrote Glascow. So it's The Gers or The Rangers. Ok, thank you for your clear explanation.

I assumed Glascow was Dutch for Glasgow :D hehe i honestly did
    No not cows, but lately, being playing like cows :|
    I assumed Glascow was Dutch for Glasgow :D hehe i honestly did
    No not cows, but lately, being playing like cows :|

No no, that was totally my fault. I searched in dutch and it's also here Glasgow. But I still think Glascow sounds better. :D:D *ooh sometimes I'm really stupid*