Howard Stern

Comments

• lksammktlksammkt Posts: 127
    Did you hear the complete audio from the Roast? One word Badass. I can't wait for the Labor Day Weekend Special.
    Good Times!!

rrivers wrote:
    I don't think I've ever heard Howard sing the words to any song correctly.

The clips from the Shatner roast yesterday were great.

"Betty White is so old when she was first on a gameshow, the prize was fire."
    I just keep moving on....
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    oppie1 wrote:
    howard has had the whole month off..

sipping seabreezes in the hamptons watching his house being built..

hoo-hoo.. i invented ripping off paying customers.. tell 'em fred
    i'd rather listen to nails on a chalkboard than listen to opie and anthony, who might be gayer than sal & richard.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686
    I can't wait for the Baba Boey roast!!!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    I can't wait just to get my Starmate back. Called Sirius over the weekend and they said I will not have it for another 3 weeks. This is shit. They are so far back ordered and logged with repairs and whatnot that they told me they wont even take returns right now. I don't think Sirius really knew what they had coming when they signed on Howard. I want my Sirius back!! I'm dying without it!
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    Chrissyb wrote:
    The sports guy crank call is by far Richards best work yet.. I loved it !! and I wanna hear it again.

I know. If anyone finds a place to download that clip let me know! That was simply the funniest thing I have ever heard on radio.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    I haven't found the sports show prank, but this one made me cry.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=C0E96273330F9628
  • ChrissybChrissyb Posts: 122
    I can't believe he is on vacation again..
    **find what you love, love what you find**
  • Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    Chrissyb wrote:
    I can't believe he is on vacation again..

yea it sucks. I think this is his last vacation for a while though. It sucks paying for replays.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
    yea it sucks. I think this is his last vacation for a while though. It sucks paying for replays.

although, Bubba is starting to grow on me.

I don't get to listen to the whole show every day so the replays are not that bad for me. I listened to part of a show from June yesterday that I hadn't heard and it cracked me up.

I definitely understand what you are saying though. I'm just saying for me, it doesn't bother me that much.

Complaining about REPLAYS (post #1)

So much to the vacation bitching is ridiculous nonsense and comes from the O&A pests. I'd like to put the crap to rest once again so that we might be able to discuss any legitimate issues. Here are the complaints and the details

HOWARD WORKS LESS THAN ME: This is the dumbest argument I've ever seen. This is when people calculate how hard they work and compare it to all the time off Howard has. First, what does your work schedule, salary, & vacation time have to do with the most successful radio show ever? Even if it was a legit topic, why shave Howard hours down to just the ones when he's on air? Those guys are in there working way after the show goes off air. When I get there at 5PM, they are often still lingering around. Don't try to do math when you don't have the details.

10 WEEKS OFF: Howard has vacations. He had 40 days at KROCK and he has 40 days now. It's nothing new. He's given us 2 channels worth of programming and there is plenty to fill the void when he's not on. He has Fridays off, but honestly they've been in on Friday about half the time. The other half were filled with classic stern stuff that you probably never heard on the Friday Show.

THE TAPES: They are launching the tapes Labor Day Weekend. All the people that bitch that they should be playing the tapes now are just retarded. They are scheduled to start Labor Day. Let them have their big launch and don't second guess when they are starting. They just Hired Dave a week or 2 ago. I'm sure they have their hands full filling all your requests. For every request they get, there's a whole show that will have to get encoded. Anyone that says it wouldn't be hard to get some classic stuff up today needs to realize that they are busy getting ready for the big weekend launch. Call 1-877-33-SIRIUS now and leave requests for what you'd like to hear for the tapes over the big Labor Day Weekend launch.

HOWARD DIDN'T TELL ME: There are always people bitching about how I wouldn't be upset if Howard just told me he was going on vacation. News flash, he did tell us. Not only did he say he was taking off for a week in August but he also talked about the Labor Day break. He also said that they have 2 weeks that they are entitled to take off that they won't be using this year.

REPLAYING THE SAME SHOWS: For those of you that don't remember, there was a lawsuit where Howard won back his tapes and part of that included no longer trashing certain party's involved. That means there are lots of Sirius shows where Howard bitched about the lawsuit which can not be replayed until they are edited to hell. They've instead been playing the shows from before & after the lawsuit. Since every show is replayed all day long and then again all the shows from that week are repeated over the weekend, yes it's true that the shows over vacation have already been replayed but it's not like these complainers say. They don't replay the same shows over and over throughout vacation. Here are the actual vacation replays. As far as I can see, very very few shows were replayed twice. Matter of fact, I only see one 02/15. What are you assholes complaining about? When were they supposedly replayed over and over?

Howard had something to do with his daughter and took a Thursday off

THURSDAY JUNE 22nd
    6/19 & 5/25

FRIDAY JUNE 23rd
    The Friday Show (live)
    6/20 & 6/21

4th of July 2 Weeks off

MONDAY JULY 3rd
    6/12 & 6/5

TUESDAY JULY 4th
    6/6 & 6/13

WEDNESDAY JULY 5th
    6/14 & 6/7

THURSDAY JULY 6th
    6/8 &6/15

FRIDAY JULY 7th
    6/9 & 1/10

MONDAY JULY 10th
    1/17 & 1/16

TUESDAY JULY 11th
    1/31 & 1/13

WEDNESDAY JULY 12th
    2/14 & 2/1

THURSDAY JULY 13th
    1/19 & 2/15

FRIDAY JULY 14th
    1/20 & 2/10

August 1 week off

MONDAY AUGUST 7th
    01/30

TUESDAY AUGUST 8th
    01/24

WEDNESDAY AUGUST 9th
    02/15 & 02/22

THURSDAY AUGUST 10th
    02/09 & 02/07

FRIDAY AUGUST 11th
    02/16 & 02/08

I'd take the time off too. I'm not really pissed though. The replays are alot better than the cut up shit that was played at krock.

But You Might Die Trying
    Thanks for that post cutback. I didn't even think about them not being able to replay the shows where Howard was bashing Les Moonves.

Again, just speaking for myself, the replays give me a chance to catch up on some stuff that I missed and listen to other stations on Sirius. I actually thought the Friday show would be lame when he first talked about it but it is actually really entertaining as is the Wrap Up Show. The Wrap Up Show sometimes as good as the Stern show.
    rrivers wrote:
    Thanks for that post cutback. I didn't even think about them not being able to replay the shows where Howard was bashing Les Moonves.

Again, just speaking for myself, the replays give me a chance to catch up on some stuff that I missed and listen to other stations on Sirius. I actually thought the Friday show would be lame when he first talked about it but it is actually really entertaining as is the Wrap Up Show. The Wrap Up Show sometimes as good as the Stern show.

the Wrap Up show show is great, so is the Friday show. Ralph is annoying but I like how everyone is starting to hate him. haha.

Ralphie cakes...

But You Might Die Trying
    the Wrap Up show show is great, so is the Friday show. Ralph is annoying but I like how everyone is starting to hate him. haha.

Ralphie cakes...

Yeah I used to think Ralph was ok when he would just call in and cut into someone. It spiced things up. But with all the airtime he gets now, I really fall into the camp that he is annoying. Anyone who can't get along with Jon Hein really has a problem.

"He's a rich nerd..."
    Ralph makes my skin crawl.. I try so hard to like him .. but I just can't.. I get completely annoyed when he calls in .. it seems like he calls all the time.

One of the Friday shows Jon and Ralph argued for well over an hour.. the first 15 minutes of the arguement were enjoyable.. but after that I was done listening and could believe someone didn't come in and provide some type of intervention.
    They should replace Ralph with Ronnie. I love Ronnie. Anytime he is on the air is funny.

What's Your Problem?

But You Might Die Trying
    They should replace Ralph with Ronnie. I love Ronnie. Anytime he is on the air is funny.

What's Your Problem?

Ronnie is great, much better than Ralph. I wonder if he would be annoying if he was on a longer show like the Friday show though.

One person that really shines on those shows if Fa Fa Fo Hi. He is great!!!
  • Who cooks a better roast than Lisa Lampanelli????????????
    rrivers wrote:
    Ronnie is great, much better than Ralph. I wonder if he would be annoying if he was on a longer show like the Friday show though.

One person that really shines on those shows if Fa Fa Fo Hi. He is great!!!

gotta love Booey. It's funny watching him rush over to control the Sybian. Anyone see the G-Spot and John The Stutterer Howard Tv episode? it was so funny. Sal was such a creep to the girl at the end.

But You Might Die Trying
    gotta love Booey. It's funny watching him rush over to control the Sybian. Anyone see the G-Spot and John The Stutterer Howard Tv episode? it was so funny. Sal was such a creep to the girl at the end.

I haven't watched that one yet. I am still traumatized from the High Pitch Mike stunt to get the TV for Run's House.
    I saw Artie on Rescue Me this Tuesday, he did a great job!!

I love Artie!!

I haven't watched John the studderer ep yet..and there is no way in hell I'm going to watch the high pitched Mike on..

*shrudders*
  • "When are we gonna get some rain?" - Richard

Here's Richard's weather prank call.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=4A29E75D174C4085

But You Might Die Trying
    "When are we gonna get some rain?" - Richard

Here's Richard's weather prank call.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=4A29E75D174C4085

Thanks that is hilarious.

"Some people have strange fantasies."
    One hour to the start of the old tapes.
    cutback wrote:
    One hour to the start of the old tapes.

I'm there. Hopefully it will make this afternoon fly by.
  • I set my S-50 to record like 8 hours of material. I've only listened to howard for 2 years so most of the stuff will be new to me.

But You Might Die Trying
  • Been listening to the replays all weekend so far,if any Stern fan can send me Foo aucoustic Foo Fighters Everlong,And James Talyor Woodstock da kid would def apprrreicate it.Been luving Sal and Rich Christys prank calls lately between calling the public access shows.
    "WHEN the rain goona stop,This call is about the Green party....Buncake" classic shit
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Was it a new show today?

But You Might Die Trying
  • Was it a new show today?

Yeah...listening to the West Coast feed right now.