Options

2008 Patriots

Comments

• Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Randy Moss said he thought it was a dity hit. But he doesn't know how to play dirty. So he doesn't know what to look for to see if a play is dirty. Seriously, he said that

haha, wow

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    g under p wrote:
    Again wishful thinking Jets fan.

Peace
    hahahaha never that man! never that!!!
    I been rocking my Eli jersey since the day he got drafted with faith that he was gonna lead us to the promised land much quicker than Peyton and been diehard Big Blue since 85 mah dude

Don't get it twisted, I just want other teams to abuse the Patriots cause I still hear from players and fans that our win was a fluke and they cant get over the fact that they lost. Shit...it would take me a while to get over something like that too..so close to a perfect season
    SO CLOSE and ya JUST couldn't get it done!

gawd thats gotta hurt :D
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    Looks like this thread should be called Patriots 2007 oh wait maybe 2004. ESPN saying Brady's out for the year! :) Now the Jets are gonna win the east, lololoolololol
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    stickboy wrote:
    hahahaha never that man! never that!!!
    I been rocking my Eli jersey since the day he got drafted with faith that he was gonna lead us to the promised land much quicker than Peyton and been diehard Big Blue since 85 mah dude

Don't get it twisted, I just want other teams to abuse the Patriots cause I still hear from players and fans that our win was a fluke and they cant get over the fact that they lost. Shit...it would take me a while to get over something like that too..so close to a perfect season
    SO CLOSE and ya JUST couldn't get it done!

gawd thats gotta hurt :D

All right let's get something straight right now Stickboy. You've NEVER heard me say the Giants SB win was a fluke they kicked ass in that game and their defense which won the game was amazing. I said things like that a million times over after the G-men won.

So please DO NOT bottle me in with others cause I've given my share of respect to the Giants and then some. If you think I'm bullshitting go back to earlier this year and fucking check.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    All right let's get something straight right now Stickboy. You've NEVER heard me say the Giants SB win was a fluke they kicked ass in that game and their defense which won the game was amazing. I said things like that a million times over after the G-men won.

So please DO NOT bottle me in with others cause I've given my share of respect to the Giants and then some. If you think I'm bullshitting go back to earlier this year and fucking check.

Peace
    nah man, lol, not you
    shit I read in the media and from pats fans outside of the internet world! hahah
    my bad I didnt mean it to sound like it was directed at you. I know despite our back and forth you come correct dude. Its all peace :)
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    g under p wrote:

Peace

I'm in the same camp as G/P ... I've always said the giants flat outplayed the pats in the superbowl.

that's two of the bigger Pats supporters not on the "it was a fluke" angle ...
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    jimed14 wrote:
    I'm in the same camp as G/P ... I've always said the giants flat outplayed the pats in the superbowl.

the Pats didn't have an answer for the Giants' defense. that's all it came down to it. it's cliche but it's true defense win championships.

it SUCKED that it had to happen to one of the greatest offensive squad of all-time. :mad:
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Don't be surprised if the Patriots start calling around for help. Joey Harrington, Chris Simms and Daunte Culpepper are available.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

cool, thats whats up man. ;)
  • Options
    Don't be surprised if the Patriots start calling around for help. Joey Harrington, Chris Simms and Daunte Culpepper are available.
    forget Culpepper:

from Yahoo

Sep 4 Culpepper, who starred for the Minnesota Vikings before suffering a major knee injury in 2005, never returning to his past Pro Bowl form, retired from the NFL on Thursday.
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    forget Culpepper:

from Yahoo

Sep 4 Culpepper, who starred for the Minnesota Vikings before suffering a major knee injury in 2005, never returning to his past Pro Bowl form, retired from the NFL on Thursday.
    ill still take simms and harrington.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    FUCK Harrington, dude's garbage. Simms maybe...

But I like this Cassell kid, and he knows the system already. DON'T GIVE UP on Matt Cassell, people!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    well you never know like others said how Cassels is gonna pan out so. I wanna do a search and see whos a quality qb or backup out there still available. Maybe yall can go after Vinny Testaverde, hahaha j/k ;)
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    simms is coming in for workouts

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    stickboy wrote:
    well you never know like others said how Cassels is gonna pan out so. I wanna do a search and see whos a quality qb or backup out there still available. Maybe yall can go after Vinny Testaverde, hahaha j/k ;)

Didn't Vinny Testicleverde already take a knee for us one season?
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    Whizbang wrote:
    I think so...he was a trooper man. He hung in there for god knows how many yrs. Props to him

heres a list of who's available as far as Free agents yall can go after:

1. Rex Grossman Chicago
    2. Daunte Culpepper Oakland (retired)
    3. Josh McCown Oakland
    4. Quinn Gray Jacksonville
    5. Cleo Lemon Miami
    6. Shaun Hill San Francisco
    7. Billy Volek San Diego
    8. J.T. O'Sullivan Detroit
    9. Marques Tuiasosopo New York Jets
    10. Chris Redman Atlanta

QB (Key Restricted Free Agents)
    1. Derek Anderson Cleveland (re-signed with Browns)
    2. Jared Lorenzen New York Giants
    3. Dan Orlovsky Detroit
    4. Ryan Fitzpatrick Cincinnati

so scratch Culpepper and Anderson
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    stickboy wrote:
    well me and Danimal were talking about it and he brought up the Yanks choke job, so I brought up past Sox choke jobs as well. My apologies for engaging in a friendly choke job comparison with another member.

so yea this WAS the Pats thread cause soon when the realization sets in that the seasons over in a few games you'll be hearing crickets in here

Man! I probably wouldn't watch sports if I couldn't talk some smack! Hahahaha!

Pats are far from over, my friend.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    stickboy wrote:
    forget Culpepper:

from Yahoo

well, if my memory serves me correct, junior seau "retired" for about 2 days before he signed with the pats a couple years ago. shit, brett farve was "retired" for a couple months before he changed his mind.

should an official word come out that brady is in fact, 100% done for the year, it would not surprise me in the least to see the pats bring in culpepper just because he had great years with moss.
  • Options
    Whizbang wrote:

he actually threw a touchdown pass in the final game of the season ... BB put him in late in the game, decision of the game was already decided. He was put in so Vinny could extend his streak of consecutive seasons with at least 1 TD throw ... I think it was his 20th or something, which is an NFL record.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Danimal wrote:
    Man! I probably wouldn't watch sports if I couldn't talk some smack! Hahahaha!

Pats are far from over, my friend.
    it's what it's all about! :)

I know..I dont count anyone out yet one game into the season. Anything can happen

tis why they say Any Given Sunday
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    jimed14 wrote:
    he actually threw a touchdown pass in the final game of the season ... BB put him in late in the game, decision of the game was already decided. He was put in so Vinny could extend his streak of consecutive seasons with at least 1 TD throw ... I think it was his 20th or something, which is an NFL record.

thank you, sir....
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:
    well, if my memory serves me correct, junior seau "retired" for about 2 days before he signed with the pats a couple years ago. shit, brett farve was "retired" for a couple months before he changed his mind.

should an official word come out that brady is in fact, 100% done for the year, it would not surprise me in the least to see the pats bring in culpepper just because he had great years with moss.
    VERY good point!

If Culpepper is convinced and feels healthy or passes a physical then he and Moss could be a sick tandem again
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:

They might bring him in for a workout, but, I tihnk it's more based on who can fit with the offense ... I don't think Culpepper is that guy.

It's Cassel's team for at least September.

Hey Cassel was the third best college QB in the land for a while ... (as the joke goes ... seeing as he spent his college career backing up Carson Palmer then, Matt Leinart, and never got to start ... who knows, maybe he IS a stud waiting to happen.)

• Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    we were the best team to take the field. if teams dont like us running up the score.. play better defense. stop hating pure greatness. dont call the best QB in the game a prick. still mad over the ravens loss to us last year??? grow up.
    I'm not a Ravens fan...my wife and her fam come from Beantown and love them some Pats, and LOVE to remind me of how great they are. So, for a day, this is awesome. BTW it sure does look like KC "played better defense" doesn't it? Wait until you're getting trucked by some team and see how you like it.

Anyway White Cassell is earily like Tom Brady isn't he? Knowing Bellytits he'll figure something out. Besides your freaking schedule is such a joke for a team that went 18-1 you'd go 10-6 with Doug Flutie as your QB.
  • Options
    ryan198 wrote:
    I'm not a Ravens fan...my wife and her fam come from Beantown and love them some Pats, and LOVE to remind me of how great they are. So, for a day, this is awesome. BTW it sure does look like KC "played better defense" doesn't it? Wait until you're getting trucked by some team and see how you like it.

Anyway White Cassell is earily like Tom Brady isn't he? Knowing Bellytits he'll figure something out. Besides your freaking schedule is such a joke for a team that went 18-1 you'd go 10-6 with Doug Flutie as your QB.

BELLYTITS!!! AWESOME! I have never heard that before!!! I am using that one!!! Hahahahah! That is great!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    stickboy wrote:
    it's what it's all about! :)

I know..I dont count anyone out yet one game into the season. Anything can happen

tis why they say Any Given Sunday

Absolutely Any Given Sunday.

Jesus Christ...a torn ACL though?

• Options
    ryan198 wrote:

can the Pats call Flutie in for a workout? that college gig can't be that good, he has to stand next to Jesse Palmer for 3 hours each game. ugh.

• Options
    Danimal wrote:

not to try and find light in this ... but, better in week 1 rather than in week 15.

at least he can rehab and try and be ready for next year.

if this had happened in week 15 ... he'd be lost for the playoffs (had they made it) and for potentially most of the following season.

• Options
    Danimal wrote:

yea thats pretty rough man.

just hope you can at least maybe have him back at a %100 next season.

I was curious tho...when does Brady become a free agent?
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    yea thats pretty rough man.

just hope you can at least maybe have him back at a %100 next season.

I was curious tho...when does Brady become a free agent?

he's signed through the 2010 season.