Options

2008 Patriots

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,135
    jimed14 wrote:
    there are too many good teams in the AFC for this to be a fact.

San Diego, Jacksonville, Indy .... indeed, they all have warts, but so do the Pats.

Just trying to keep it real. Man, I hope you are all right .... I hope Brady is ok ... I'd love another 14-2, superbowl win year ...

Don't the Patriots play the 49ers this year?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    hartamh wrote:
    Are you saying, get rid of Brady? It was a beautiful story last year, but the ending SUCKED!!!

What'choo talkin' 'bout, Willis? Hemingway couldn't have scripted a better end to last season.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    If Brady is hurt, the Pats are at best an 8-8 team.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    g under p wrote:
    Don't the Patriots play the 49ers this year?

Peace

another point to the suppposed "easiest schedule" in the league ...

The Pats make *4* west coast trips ... that's not easy.

San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle and Oakland.

I was shut out of tickets to ALL of them online (fucking brokers) .... should be able to scoop up 49ers tickets @ face with little problem

The Seahawks game, I really wnated to go to.

No fucking way I'd go to that dump in Oakland. (edit, not at a scalpers rate at least)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    If Brady is hurt, the Pats are at best an 8-8 team.

Wishful thinking

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    hartamh wrote:
    Are you saying, get rid of Brady? It was a beautiful story last year, but the ending SUCKED!!!
    not sure if that would happen but in this day and age money talks, and if he starts seeing the team is on a decline and not spending the money or rebuilding thru the draft (WHICH btw is gonna hurt ya for finishing so great all these yrs) you never know...he might pull another Favre move..retire rest and come back.
    I forgot about the Jags too..theyre not to be slept on either!
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    AND BRADY GOES DOWNNNN!

yipes!

Lil Wayne is better than Pearl Jam.

Bitches ain't nothin' but hoes 'n tricks
  • Options
    AND BRADY GOES DOWNNNN!

yipes!
    uh

BUH BYE BRADY! LOL :D

And if he comes back whenever he's gonna get tagged again.
  • Options
    That's the first one down. who's next?

Peace

• Options
    God, I hope Brady is ok

Go Pats
    08/29 & 8/30 2000-Mansfield
    7/2 & 7/11 2003-Mansfield
    9/28 & 9/29 2004-Boston
    5/24 & 5/25 2006-Boston-11th & 10th row
    6/27 2008-Hartford -Front Row Center!
    6/28 & 6/30 2008-Mansfield

08/01 (2nd row) & 08/02/2008 (Eddie Vedder) Boston

skinny little bitch
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,015
    I'm sorry I can't hide my joy at this...he was such a prick last year running up the score, and this is exactly what I said someone should do to get them back. To bad White Kassell was enough to win against a crappy KC team. IF Brady is out for awhile their easy ass sked will still let them get to the playoffs anyway so us Pats haters shouldn't get our hopes too far up.
  • Options
    ryan198 wrote:
    I'm sorry I can't hide my joy at this...he was such a prick last year running up the score, and this is exactly what I said someone should do to get them back. To bad White Kassell was enough to win against a crappy KC team. IF Brady is out for awhile their easy ass sked will still let them get to the playoffs anyway so us Pats haters shouldn't get our hopes too far up.
    man how the fuck did the chiefs get a 68 yd pass all the way down to the 5 and not pull out the win?

Jets vs Pats next week.

I'll take the Jets 28-17
  • Options
    ryan198 wrote:
    we were the best team to take the field. if teams dont like us running up the score.. play better defense. stop hating pure greatness. dont call the best QB in the game a prick. still mad over the ravens loss to us last year??? grow up.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    man how the fuck did the chiefs get a 68 yd pass all the way down to the 5 and not pull out the win?

Jets vs Pats next week.

I'll take the Jets 28-17
    LOL HAHAHAHHAHA. even without brady we'll still beat the biggest chokers in teh nfl.

• Options
    LOL HAHAHAHHAHA. even without brady we'll still beat the biggest chokers in teh nfl.

I don't know about that. Favre...while shaky at times...looked pretty f'n good. And Cotchery will have a breakout year.

I mean you guys BARELY beat the fucking Chiefs.

• Options
    I don't know about that. Favre...while shaky at times...looked pretty f'n good. And Cotchery will have a breakout year.

I mean you guys BARELY beat the fucking Chiefs.
    you guys have 2 quality offense starters. favre and cotchery. our defense will prevail.

• Options
    you guys have 2 quality offense starters. favre and cotchery. our defense will prevail.

You guys? Whoa, whoa, whoa there buddy. I know you're like 12, but read the name. I'm a Bears fan. I was just stating...with Brady out and only beating the Chiefs by a TD...don't be so sure the Pats will manhandle the Jets this time around.

• Options
    You guys? Whoa, whoa, whoa there buddy. I know you're like 12, but read the name. I'm a Bears fan. I was just stating...with Brady out and only beating the Chiefs by a TD...don't be so sure the Pats will manhandle the Jets this time around.
    we'll have to see. im 16, relax. also.... please beat the fuck outta indy tonight.

• Options
    stickboy wrote:

Jets vs Pats next week.

I'll take the Jets 28-17

HHHHmmmmI see you love to dream. :)

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    HHHHmmmmI see you love to dream. :)

Peace
    I'm sure thats what Brady thought about Plax's super bowl prediction ;)

like Ive said before Im not jets fan but without brady I dont see it. How you guys gonna ut up points? Jones looks like he's gonna redeem himself, The Favre Cotchery, Franks, Coles and Leon Washington offense is gonna be lethal. Watch. AND Their defense had what...5 sacks today? Its only Miami but still..NE didnt look good at ALL today
  • Options
    Chokers?

isnt that what the Patriots did in the Super Bowl?

or was it a fluke?

or was t that my G-men just played better than yall? :D
  • Options
    Patriots will come in strong but will fall in the long run. The team will get overly arrogant and fall apart. I personally think their 'dynasty' ends this year (Unless they cheat again without getting caught).

P.S. Fuck Bill Belichick
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    I'm sure thats what Brady thought about Plax's super bowl prediction ;)

like Ive said before Im not jets fan but without brady I dont see it. How you guys gonna ut up points? Jones looks like he's gonna redeem himself, The Favre Cotchery, Franks, Coles and Leon Washington offense is gonna be lethal. Watch. AND Their defense had what...5 sacks today? Its only Miami but still..NE didnt look good at ALL today

The Jets looked great today against the Dolphans, we shall see next week.

Peace

• Options
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    Patriots will come in strong but will fall in the long run. The team will get overly arrogant and fall apart. I personally think their 'dynasty' ends this year (Unless they cheat again without getting caught).

P.S. Fuck Bill Belichick

Think again

Peace

• Options
    Jellyrolls wrote:

P.S. Fuck Bill Belichick
    thats what we were saying here..if Brady's done, the reign is over.
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    The Jets looked great today against the Dolphans, we shall see next week.

Peace
    if the spread is good, I'm def taking jets

will the Pats be favored tho for next week? Thats the question and by how many points
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    Think again

Peace
    I might be wrong, but I don't think I am. I hope the get caught cheating again, so something drastic will happen to this team. I'm just a NFL fan and it kind of pisses me off seeing unsportsmanlike conduct and cheating ruin a great game.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    stickboy wrote:
    Chokers?

isnt that what the Patriots did in the Super Bowl?

or was it a fluke?

or was t that my G-men just played better than yall? :D

Choking is when you are up 3 games outta 7 in a series and still can not pull out a win.

A fluke is when an inferior team beats a better team once.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    stickboy wrote:
    thats what we were saying here..if Brady's done, the reign is over.
    Didn't say similair things when Bledsoe went down and an unknown Brady came in?
    I'm not saying Cassell's gonna put up Brady's numbers but he didn't look too bad. All he has to do is be a conscious QB, that's what Brady was in his first full year as a starter.

Hopefully, Brady is alright but it does look bad.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    LongRd. wrote:
    Didn't say similair things when Bledsoe went down and an unknown Brady came in?
    I'm not saying Cassell's gonna put up Brady's numbers but he didn't look too bad. All he has to do is be a conscious QB, that's what Brady was in his first full year as a starter.

Hopefully, Brady is alright but it does look bad.

just came into this thread now and read everytihng ... and was about to post nearly the exact same thing.

Let's also remember that today's game plan was for Brady ... next week's will be for Cassel and fit his strentghs ... he was 13 - 18 today, 1 TD 0 INT ...

Brady's first year he was more of a "game manager" and the Pats hit their stride late in the season. Maybe lightning can strike twice.

It's a huge blow if Brady is out for the season, no doubt ... but, fuck, I ain't turning my back on this team, if anything, I'll pull harder for them.

1 - 0 ... it's the best they can be right now. Next week will be fun.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez