Options

2008 Patriots

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    I might be wrong, but I don't think I am. I hope the get caught cheating again, so something drastic will happen to this team. I'm just a NFL fan and it kind of pisses me off seeing unsportsmanlike conduct and cheating ruin a great game.

Nothing that has happened in the past will ruin the game and unsportsmanlike conduct happens every game and every day and by every team in the NFL.

Anything else?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    oh man, what a good day today.

so i just saw the hit...but did anybody on the Pats whine about how they thought it was a cheap shot?

anyway, good win by the Bills today...bring on the Jags

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    Weei.com is saying that Brady has a torn ACL. Done.

http://blogs.weei.com/robbradford/2008/09/07/source-brady-has-torn-acl/
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!
    Oh wrong thread, my bad ;)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388

Heard that over Sirius.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    they did get a bit out of control last year with running up the score. You can say play better defense all you want, but there's no need to throw the ball when you're up 28 in the 4th quarter. It's like in baseball. You don't see teams steal bases or tag up when they're already up by mor ethan 7 or 8 and it's late in the game. if you do it in baseball, you get a fastball between the numbers. If you do it in football, you get a late hit
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Danimal wrote:
    Choking is when you are up 3 games outta 7 in a series and still can not pull out a win.

A fluke is when an inferior team beats a better team once.
    nooooooooo
    choking is when Bill Buckner cant make a play to win your 1st WS in a hundred yrs

fluke is also a NE win against the Panthers in the Super Bowl in 03
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    brainofPJ wrote:

so i just saw the hit...but did anybody on the Pats whine about how they thought it was a cheap shot?

The AFC East is gonna be really interesting now. 3-1 after the first week.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options

OK now what's needed is a back up to the back up.

One game at a time.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:

oh man that hit was beautiful...almost as good as every hit we laid on Brady Bitch in the Super Bowl

Pats season is already over ;)
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:

No doubt..wow is Brady really done for the season? What an opening Sunday..great games all around..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    nooooooooo
    choking is when Bill Buckner cant make a play to win your 1st WS in a hundred yrs
    no, you're way off! 68 years between 1918-'86.

oh yeah how much of the Yankees championship did that team win by beating up on other New York teams(dodgers, giants)?
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:

Randy Moss said he thought it was a dity hit. But he doesn't know how to play dirty. So he doesn't know what to look for to see if a play is dirty. Seriously, he said that
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    oh man that hit was beautiful...almost as good as every hit we laid on Brady Bitch in the Super Bowl

One game at a time, we'll see after next if it's close to being over. Enjoy!

Peace

• Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    stickboy wrote:

yea...

i think i want to save it as my screen saver

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    stickboy wrote:
    nooooooooo

only fucktards that don't know their history think Bill Bucker is the reason the Sox didn't win the 86 world series ...
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    only fucktards that don't know their history think Bill Bucker is the reason the Sox didn't win the 86 world series ...

Watch that potty mouth ;)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

He makes the play and they go to the 11th inning. Not his fault.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    I know this much

you guys shoulda beat the mets and you lost wether Buckner was the reason or not

you guys shoulda beaten out out Yanklees too a few times but Dent and Boone had diff. ideas.
  • Options
    I don't think it was a dirty play. Shit happens and the season goes on. The Patriots will be fine.

Peace

• Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    no, you're way off! 68 years between 1918-'86.

oh yeah how much of the Yankees championship did that team win by beating up on other New York teams(dodgers, giants)?
    so counting the yrs after that WS loss to the 1st one they one in 04 how many does that make added to the 68 yrs? :D

close enough to a hundred I think ;)
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    stickboy wrote:
    I know this much

you guys shoulda beat the mets and you lost wether Buckner was the reaosn or not

you guys shoulda beaten out out Yanklees too a few times but Dent and Boone had diff. ideas.

why are you even bringing this up?

Sox have won 2 of the last 4 World Series ...

If there's a choke artist, it's the Yankees .... from 3 - 0 to playing golf .... greatest collapse in major league baseball history ...

but this is a Patriots thread ... so ... who cares.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    I know this much

you guys shoulda beat the mets and you lost wether Buckner was the reaosn or not

The Red Sox took care of ALL that nonsense with a four game sweeep against the Yanks after being down three. Only team to LOSE that way the YAKS.

So I'm good.

Peace

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    THANK YOU.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    I don't think it was a dirty play. Shit happens and the season goes on. The Patriots will be fine.

Peace
    Seriously, the only concern I really have is the defense. The offense squad is solid top to bottom. Yeah, Brady is not replaceable but if Cassell plays the way Brady did during his first full season, it'll be alright.

Plus, this gives a chance for Bellichick to really shine on his "questionable" coaching ability. Which nobody ever questioned before until the Spygate thing came out.
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    Seriously, the only concern I really have is the defense. The offense squad is solid top to bottom. Yeah, Brady is not replaceable but if Cassell plays the way Brady did during his first full season, it'll be alright.

Plus, this gives a chance for Bellichick to really shine on his "questionable" coaching ability. Which nobody ever questioned before until the Spygate thing came out.

What I was saying was that Some ill informed are saying that the Patriots season is over. In fact i think this could be a good thing in bringing the team together.

The NFL is full of surprises.

Peace

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:

If there's a choke artist, it's the Yankees .... from 3 - 0 to playing golf .... greatest collapse in major league baseball history ...

well me and Danimal were talking about it and he brought up the Yanks choke job, so I brought up past Sox choke jobs as well. My apologies for engaging in a friendly choke job comparison with another member.

so yea this WAS the Pats thread cause soon when the realization sets in that the seasons over in a few games you'll be hearing crickets in here
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

if you're calling it a choke, then that means the team they lost to must have sucked. If the team they lost to was good, then it was just a 4 game losing streak to a very good team. And the greatest collapse in major league history is the 2007 Mets,. Nothing else even comes close. Not even Boston in 1978 coughing up a 14 game lead. The Mets lost to Washington and Florida, 2 of the worst teams in the league.
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    well me and Danimal were talking about it and he brought up the Yanks choke job, so I brought up past Sox choke jobs as well. My apologies for engaging in a friendly choke job comparison with another member.

so yea this WAS the Pats thread cause soon when the realization sets in that the seasons over in a few games you'll be hearing crickets in here

Again wishful thinking Jets fan.

Peace

• Options
    You know if you compare Eli and Cassell's numbers after week 1. I'll take Cassell's numbers over Eli's.

By the way. I'm 1-0 in my fantasy league. A big thank you to Big Ben and the Steelers.
    I'm up 68-45 points with only the Colts game still to determine between my FF team and my opponent's team.

So in spite of Brady's injury, it was a great season opener for me. Pats won, my FFT won.