Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Options
    abhi101cruabhi101cru Posts: 223
    Here's a no more exams, officially summertime BUMP! come play Texas!!
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    dangerboy wrote:
    bump, y'all for the cat's cradle

Now we're talkin! This is one Ive brought up a few times myself. Its one of those recurring dreams I have! That would be the mother of all surprise shows for me. I remember the Smashing Pumpkins did one of those gigs there where they didnt announce the show until the day of. I was driving outa town for the weekend and heard the announcement on a certain local radio station.
    Brian
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i can't find my boots for houston(10.14.00) and san antonio(04.05.03)!

aaaarrrghhhh!!!!!
  • Options
    THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    still BUMPing from charlotte
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    red0dotred0dot Posts: 5
    ATL, Whoop!!!
    "Northwest meets Southeast. I hope you've enjoyed the altercation". -Atlanta, 09/01/98
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    NCBRI wrote:
    Now we're talkin! This is one Ive brought up a few times myself. Its one of those recurring dreams I have! That would be the mother of all surprise shows for me. I remember the Smashing Pumpkins did one of those gigs there where they didnt announce the show until the day of. I was driving outa town for the weekend and heard the announcement on a certain local radio station.

hehe...thanks for listening.....

pj played the cat's cradle in late 91..... i held ed's place in front at the sonic youth show in 98 while he went to get those two underage guys beers....

the cat's cradle has had some legendary shows, for sure.

a sneaky "locals only" fc show a la the irving would be fitting there....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    UnevenflowUnevenflow Posts: 19
    Still need some shows down here!!! Keep it ALIVE!!!
  • Options
    10/14/91 - Cat's Cradle: Carrboro, NC
    soundcheck: Black (many times)
    set: Wash, Alive, Once, Black (Incomplete and not in order)
    encore: I Got A Feeling
    support act: I Love You
    TFT notes: "Black" is played repeated times during soundcheck while Ed works out vocals. Attendance is below capacity (accounts of approximately 30 people) but the band plays hard for the crowd. Opening act I Love You joins Pearl Jam for the encore "I Got A Feeling". The van the band has been travelling in during this tour is driven back to Seattle after this show. The replacement for the next few months of the Red Hot Chili Peppers tour is a bus, with a driver named Frank

• Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    dangerboy wrote:
    TFT notes: "Black" is played repeated times during soundcheck while Ed works out vocals. Attendance is below capacity (accounts of approximately 30 people) but the band plays hard for the crowd. Opening act I Love You joins Pearl Jam for the encore "I Got A Feeling". The van the band has been travelling in during this tour is driven back to Seattle after this show. The replacement for the next few months of the Red Hot Chili Peppers tour is a bus, with a driver named Frank

Yeah they tore the house down in WPB back in '03 with Fuck Me....Here's a late evening bump on behalf of that awesome fucking show!!! We want more!!!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Tampa Tampa Tampa Tampa Tampa Tampa Tampa Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Wpb Wpb Wpb Wpb Wpb Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!! Pearl Jam We Love You Come To Florida!!!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Yet another BUMP!!!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    BrenttxBrenttx Posts: 5
    Anywhere in Texas will do. Even Oklahoma or New Mexico. I'll be there.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Brenttx wrote:
    Anywhere in Texas will do. Even Oklahoma or New Mexico. I'll be there.

you're funny.
  • Options
    bump! play TEXASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

• Options
    Even though i'm not from the south and wouldn't be able go to any south shows, i'm still gonna BUMP for ya cause i feel bad for y'all(see, i'm even using southern words).

After all...who knows what great boots we all might miss out on...
  • Options
    right on man, thanks for the love...go sign the Texas and West Palm Beach petitions as well!

• Options
    gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    bump-good morn to you all!
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • Options
    have another BUMP
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    PLay the South!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    dangerboy wrote:

I never knew they actually played the Cradle. Thats awesome! I remember being at UNC when Ed played "incognito" drums for Hovercraft there. Didnt go to the show but me and one of my buddies kicked ourselves over not knowing about the show. Foo Fighters played that night too.
    dangerboy wrote:
    pj played the cat's cradle in late 91..... i held ed's place in front at the sonic youth show in 98 while he went to get those two underage guys beers....

LOL! So you helped the big rock star get those "under" kids in trouble. Wasn't it Mudhoney playing? They opened the PJ show at the Creek in 98. Another one of those Cats Cradle shows I kicked myself for not knowing about.
    Brian
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Bumpppppp!!!!!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    Bump! Please please please don't leave us out!

• Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Bump for the south
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    BPH_4LIFEBPH_4LIFE Posts: 43
    Alright, I have to vent. I know my actions will mean very little to a rich band like PJ.

But, I am going to boycott buying another from Pearl Jam until they announce a tour in the South. Last tour I bought 10 bootlegs. I buy their new album every time one comes out. I own two copies of TEN. I own 3 bootlegs from the 2000 tour and several other bootlegs like Aussie Dynamos and Chapters. I will not buy one PJ bootleg from this tour. Their blatant skipping of the South has hit me on a personal note.

I live in Little Rock. The nearest destinations are 10-12 hours by car, one way, or an expensive plane ticket plus car rental. I cannot afford to travel to Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis, etc. I could afford to travel to Memphis, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, OKC, Austin, etc. They are shorter drives. I really would love to act like I have no responsibilities and just take a week off and travel and put myself into more debt. But, the reality is, I cannot afford to travel to any of the US destinations, Europe, or Australia.

I am personally offended by their actions. By the time they get to the South (2007?) the newness of the album will be well worn away and we will have to contend with those who have the money and just got to see PJ several times in the New England, Midwest, West Coast areas. By the time they get back to the states, everyone with a Ten Club membership or money to travel will pack stadiums in cities they would not go to otherwise.

I really enjoy the new album. Have several favorite songs. But, I will not give PJ another dollar until they show their fans in the South that they appreciate their patronage and will honor us with a live concert somewhere in several Southern cities.

I would love to see the outrage if their "world tour" was only played in Florida, Georgia, NC, SC, Texas, etc and they completely skipped NYC, Chicago, LA, etc. I could care less about the rumors of their frustration b/c shows were not sold out or several Southern states voted for GWB. But, that is nothing more than excuses.

BTW Pearl Jam. I voted for Clinton boths times, Gore, and then Kerry. But, I really do not give a crap if that makes you smile or makes you frown. It is a matter of self opinion, not a so called rumor or reason to skip cities with thousands of fans that want to appluade you and sing along.
    Austin 1995
    Dallas 2000
    Oklahoma City 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Dallas 2013
    OKC 2013
    Tulsa 2014
    Memphis 2014

"you can't be neutral on a moving train"
  • Options
    RodrigoDuRodrigoDu Posts: 138
    PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE come to the SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The ocean's made me, but who came up with love?

--To Pearl Jam: PLAY THE SOUTH PLEASE!!

D.C. '00
    West Palm Beach '03
    Tampa '03
    Philadelphia '03
    Albany '03
    Mexico City 1,2,3 '03
    Pittsburgh '06
    Cincinnati '06
  • Options
    i feel you!!! BUMP
    BPH_4LIFE wrote:
    Alright, I have to vent. I know my actions will mean very little to a rich band like PJ.

But, I am going to boycott buying another from Pearl Jam until they announce a tour in the South. Last tour I bought 10 bootlegs. I buy their new album every time one comes out. I own two copies of TEN. I own 3 bootlegs from the 2000 tour and several other bootlegs like Aussie Dynamos and Chapters. I will not buy one PJ bootleg from this tour. Their blatant skipping of the South has hit me on a personal note.

I live in Little Rock. The nearest destinations are 10-12 hours by car, one way, or an expensive plane ticket plus car rental. I cannot afford to travel to Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis, etc. I could afford to travel to Memphis, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, OKC, Austin, etc. They are shorter drives. I really would love to act like I have no responsibilities and just take a week off and travel and put myself into more debt. But, the reality is, I cannot afford to travel to any of the US destinations, Europe, or Australia.

I am personally offended by their actions. By the time they get to the South (2007?) the newness of the album will be well worn away and we will have to contend with those who have the money and just got to see PJ several times in the New England, Midwest, West Coast areas. By the time they get back to the states, everyone with a Ten Club membership or money to travel will pack stadiums in cities they would not go to otherwise.

I really enjoy the new album. Have several favorite songs. But, I will not give PJ another dollar until they show their fans in the South that they appreciate their patronage and will honor us with a live concert somewhere in several Southern cities.

I would love to see the outrage if their "world tour" was only played in Florida, Georgia, NC, SC, Texas, etc and they completely skipped NYC, Chicago, LA, etc. I could care less about the rumors of their frustration b/c shows were not sold out or several Southern states voted for GWB. But, that is nothing more than excuses.

BTW Pearl Jam. I voted for Clinton boths times, Gore, and then Kerry. But, I really do not give a crap if that makes you smile or makes you frown. It is a matter of self opinion, not a so called rumor or reason to skip cities with thousands of fans that want to appluade you and sing along.
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    THE LOOK wrote:
    i feel you!!! BUMP

Yep, me too. I really don't think this was the band's idea for promoting their tour. Must have something to do with J records. Whoever thought it up is a moron and DEFINITELY MUST HAVE VOTED FOR BUSH. People who have been fans of PJ for over 10 years don't deserve the silence. In fact, nobody that's a fan deserves it. Just my opinion.

BUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMP
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Dallas has always had STRONG pearl jam shows, and Houston has done quite well the last few shows they have done there. I feel like my touring season is screwed now if PJ doesn't play Texas, I think I just got screwed on the other show, I was waiting for as well. The accoustic foo fighters tour is starting to unwind and right now only have like 8 shows, but none in Texas as of yet. I hope both of these bands make it down here, these are the two shows I want to see more than anything.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    NCBRI wrote:
    I never knew they actually played the Cradle. Thats awesome! I remember being at UNC when Ed played "incognito" drums for Hovercraft there. Didnt go to the show but me and one of my buddies kicked ourselves over not knowing about the show. Foo Fighters played that night too.

LOL! So you helped the big rock star get those "under" kids in trouble. Wasn't it Mudhoney playing? They opened the PJ show at the Creek in 98. Another one of those Cats Cradle shows I kicked myself for not knowing about.

well....i just noticed it was him so me and a friend stood behind him the whole time so nobody would hassle him during the show...then we sorta tapped a couple of shoulders when he came back carrying 3 beers....

and you're right...it was mudhoney in 98. sadly, he didn't go to the sonic youth show in 2k....although i did get beth's auto (sadie 7, signed on a hovercraft poster i pulled off the wall...) at an awesome hovercraft show around that time, too....

• Options
    holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Bump for FLA.
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P