***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• off2cpjoff2cpj Posts: 48
    how about grievance, sonic reducer or i've got a feeling

thanks

mike
    95 shows ... i'll ride the wave where it takes me ...
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I am bummed my friends in Cleveland said that Ed said Cleveland was as close as MMJ ios going to get to a hometown show this tour--they are from Kentucky. Hope is fading.

Of course, MMJ is only on the tour for leg one, aren't they? I thought Sonic Youth was for leg two, and then there are the Petty shows.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    I am bummed my friends in Cleveland said that Ed said Cleveland was as close as MMJ ios going to get to a hometown show this tour--they are from Kentucky. Hope is fading.

They could have a different opening act when they tour around here. Doesn't the west coast leg have a different one as well?
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Play St. Louis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Shows in New Jersey, 0 in Missouri????
  • PJChic9PJChic9 Posts: 39
    ppppppllllllllleeeeeeeaaaaasssssseeeeeeeeeeeee

come to the south

come to fla

i love u guys

i miss you

(*tear*)

u can come in the winter, when its not so hot, okay? please? pretty please?

i promise u will have fun, i will bring u some wine and some heineken:)
    Dee Dee aka Beavis =)

"He's Alive but feels absolutely nothing, so is he?? I'm still Alive."

"Oh, I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired.
    Yeah, I won't change direction and I won't change my mind... How much difference does it make? ...
  • abhi101cruabhi101cru Posts: 223
    bump! please come play the south, we love you!
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
  • CajunCypherCajunCypher Posts: 32
    It would be great if the guys came back to the South. I have seen them in New Orleans twice. I doubt they would come back, but Houston and Dallas are possibilities!

Keep on rockin!
    I'll swallow poison, until I grow immune
    I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room...

New Orleans 08/14/2000, 04/08/2003
    Chicago 05/16/2006, 05/17/2006
    San Diego 07/07/2006
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Friday before a long weekend BUMP.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Friday morning bump.

Go Noles!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    Dude...with all the great shows, and the Leash being dropped in Boston...

We really need to see them live soon!! :( Ok...so now that the Leash was NOT saved for the South, they BETTER have something special for us to make up for the neglect ;)

PLAY THE SOUTH!

♪ Juli ♪
  • mnrhynermnrhyner Posts: 11
    Pearl_Juli wrote:

yes, please let us know if we should hold on to our money or if we should start blowing it to travel...i can be patient if i knjow there is something to be patient for...otherwise, people will just be angry
    mnrhyner wrote:
    Pearl_Juli wrote:

yes, please let us know if we should hold on to our money or if we should start blowing it to travel...i can be patient if i knjow there is something to be patient for...otherwise, people will just be angry

Exactly.

♪ Juli ♪
  • lance_graylance_gray Posts: 166
    *signing petition*

I emailed 10c the other day and actually got a reply back the same day. It said nothing could be confirmed at that time. I hope to G-d they come to Dallas and OKC.
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
    lance_gray wrote:
    *signing petition*

I emailed 10c the other day and actually got a reply back the same day. It said nothing could be confirmed at that time. I hope to G-d they come to Dallas and OKC.

Got same reply about a month ago.
    Maybe we should deluge them with emails? Gum up their works until the respond in some way?

• lance_graylance_gray Posts: 166
    That may be a good idea. I'm sure they have to know we want to see them. I mean, they are literally leaving out all the south west, south central, and central states. The only reason I've been able to come up with is that Texas summers, and the south in general, are hot and fucking humid...even at 8-9p at night. So, maybe they are waiting until it cools off?
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
    lance_gray wrote:
    That may be a good idea. I'm sure they have to know we want to see them. I mean, they are literally leaving out all the south west, south central, and central states. The only reason I've been able to come up with is that Texas summers, and the south in general, are hot and fucking humid...even at 8-9p at night. So, maybe they are waiting until it cools off?

I know they were planning Fla at one point, but backed out in favor of Australia. (did the same thing in NYC).

Maybe they are holding off until closer to the elections - feel that they can make a difference maybe? Maybe there IS something to the red state / blue state crap.

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    SPALMA wrote:
    Maybe we should deluge them with emails? Gum up their works until the respond in some way?

I've gotten that same reply too.

I've even PM'd Rubysdad and Kat, etc. They don't even bother to answer.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    dangerboy wrote:
    if a bump falls in the woods but there's nobody around to hear it, does it make a sound?

It depends on what part of the country the aforementioned bump takes place in. The bumps native to the southern part of the US seem to to be inaudible.
    Brian
    SPALMA wrote:

I LOVE THAT IDEA!!! If someone could just organize it.... There are several of us who post to this thread repeatedly, if we could get some others to join in, we might? get some kind of answer?
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    weenie wrote:
    I LOVE THAT IDEA!!! If someone could just organize it.... There are several of us who post to this thread repeatedly, if we could get some others to join in, we might? get some kind of answer?

y'all can do whatever you want, i guess, but i think pissing them off by cloggin their email with a bunch of spam is not going to be well-received at 10c headquarters.....

keeping this thread on the front page as much as possible will get their attention, imho. we know they hit the board. if they keep seeing it, it might come up in casual conversation around the 10c lunchtable....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    BUMP!!!!

PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH. I NEED TO LOSE MY LIVE PJ VIRGINITY SOON! :p

♪ Juli ♪
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    SPALMA wrote:
    I know they were planning Fla at one point, but backed out in favor of Australia. (did the same thing in NYC).

Maybe they are holding off until closer to the elections - feel that they can make a difference maybe? Maybe there IS something to the red state / blue state crap.

i won't say how i know, but i know that the local amphitheater was holding open a date for pj for this year, but it got released.....

tom petty also cancelled his date at the same local amphitheater.....maybe a reschedule....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • abhi101cruabhi101cru Posts: 223
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    BUMP!!!!

I NEED TO LOSE MY LIVE PJ VIRGINITY SOON! :p

HEY!! That's MY line!!!
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
  • mattosbornemattosborne Posts: 339
    I'll sign this.

They should absolutely play the South, they always have....why not this time. Surely they will at some point for this album.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
    dangerboy wrote:
    i won't say how i know, but i know that the local amphitheater was holding open a date for pj for this year, but it got released.....

tom petty also cancelled his date at the same local amphitheater.....maybe a reschedule....

I hope they aren't planning to play together down here... will see them in Denver and don't need to see them again. Just want pure pearl jam.

dangerboy wrote:
    y'all can do whatever you want, i guess, but i think pissing them off by cloggin their email with a bunch of spam is not going to be well-received at 10c headquarters.....

keeping this thread on the front page as much as possible will get their attention, imho. we know they hit the board. if they keep seeing it, it might come up in casual conversation around the 10c lunchtable....

I agree, they have lots to do with the normal business.
    but just gets frustrating after a while. Sometimes you just want to shout though.

• feathersfeathers Posts: 84
    Two shows in Nashville, eh?

Tennessee deserves some love. :)

I'll settle for one show, though...
    04/18/03
    10/06/04
    06/24/06
    08/05/07
    06/16/08
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    this was a thread started with more info about them not playing the south in '06 and nothing planned for '07

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=195110
    pjalive21 wrote:
    this was a thread started with more info about them not playing the south in '06 and nothing planned for '07

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=195110

Hey, thanks for making the contact. In the end she does leave us with a little hope.

I don't think this tells us anything we don't already know (or do already know).

"nothing planned" = They won't announce anything until it is a firm plan - and plans can change quickly. We have seen a few areas (NYC, ALT & ORL) where they HAD booked a show and backed out. I guess tour planning is a stable as mercury.

We'll know, when we know. Until then, we could all hope for a spouse like that lucky guy from your linked thread. Or spend some big bucks.

I wonder what effect pearl jam fans' economic input is having on our economy? Hey, maybe we'll skew the figures this year.

At least she didn't rule out 2007.
    That's somewhat hopeful.......
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau