Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Options
    presenttentspresenttents Posts: 171
    pjalive21 wrote:
    this was a thread started with more info about them not playing the south in '06 and nothing planned for '07

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=195110

i just read this too, i really thought we might get some shows in the fall, oh well...cincy here i come!
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    ok...just had a crazy thought i want to bounce off of those who frequent this thread....

we've talked some about those who can't afford travel....those who wanted to wait and are now s.o.l., and about how those in the areas that are getting shows (specifically the northeast, and far west) will have time to save up for even more travel to come and compete for 10c tix in the south....

having read so many threads about seniority (which i think should stand) and maybe instituting a hometown preference for one show per tour....

ding! suddenly, i became aware that i think i support the hometown priority idea! let each member pick a hometown show, then any other shows they get are still by seniority, but after the hometowners distributed by seniority within that group....

of course, this has to come with the end of the commercial legal disclaimer that the hometown offer is available only to members who reside in states that have shows scheduled, or within some reasonable proximity if near state lines, a la memphis.....

so let the winter southern tour of 2007 be used to test the new hometown system. we'll be happy to wait until then...

seems like an even trade. we wait, they bonus us by giving us hometown preference. whaddya think?

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    dangerboy wrote:
    ok...just had a crazy thought i want to bounce off of those who frequent this thread....

we've talked some about those who can't afford travel....those who wanted to wait and are now s.o.l., and about how those in the areas that are getting shows (specifically the northeast, and far west) will have time to save up for even more travel to come and compete for 10c tix in the south....

having read so many threads about seniority (which i think should stand) and maybe instituting a hometown preference for one show per tour....

ding! suddenly, i became aware that i think i support the hometown priority idea! let each member pick a hometown show, then any other shows they get are still by seniority, but after the hometowners distributed by seniority within that group....

of course, this has to come with the end of the commercial legal disclaimer that the hometown offer is available only to members who reside in states that have shows scheduled, or within some reasonable proximity if near state lines, a la memphis.....

so let the winter southern tour of 2007 be used to test the new hometown system. we'll be happy to wait until then...

seems like an even trade. we wait, they bonus us by giving us hometown preference. whaddya think?

I like your idea :D but I doubt they would do it though :(
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    you don't think the hometown preference thing is getting any action at the 10c ideas table? or you think they would wait til next tour to keep it even steven for everybody this tour?

• Options
    jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    Bumping back to the front page.

Good morning Message Pit people!
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Pre-holiday bump.....
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    dangerboy wrote:

That would be a good idea if anything comes to pass. I mean, after all, they would probably schedule 7 or 8 warmup shows between Boston and the NY, NJ, PA tri - state area anyway, right? So nobody gets left out in the cold.
    Oh well, we can dream cant we?
    Brian
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    i agree with this home state seniority ruling...

this tour is going to be a perfect example why.....here is why:::::

they arent coming to the rest of the midwest and south until 2007 (maybe)...as of now people with seniority are going to the east coast, north and west coast while those of us who either didnt have the money, were waiting for a hometown show, or the advanced notice was not enough to go to another show a little closer, so we sit here and wait till they come around here patiently.....by the time they come around here all the people who saw the band in early '06 are going to use their seniority and snag up all the tickets to the shows in our back yard because they are having PJ withdrawals....nothing wrong with that, but....

anyway keep in mind this isnt a complaint just rationale to what is becoming a problem to some people
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Hey, BON JOVI's AFL team just LOST to the ORLANDO Predators.
    Great reason for Pearl Jam to come South - We RULE!!!!

Bump
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    What the heck...

we gotta keep this going :)

BUMP!!!!

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    bbsawyerbbsawyer Posts: 1
    please come to raleigh, atlanta or nashville. we miss you.
  • Options
    holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Please Play Florida!!!!!!! We Want A Show!! I Love The New Album And Want To Hear It Live! Pearl Jam, Florida Loves You!!!!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    bump bump bump

damn i need to get a life :)
  • Options
    southern states rock!!!!!! come on down Pearl Jam
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 675
    ..for what's its worth

guess it can't hurt
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Happy Memorial Day BUMP!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    i think this qualifies as a signature here....just helping out a fellow pit member find the thread he was looking for....or she...

• Options
    Got to come to FLA
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    afternoon everybody.......BUMP!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    come on Pearl Jam, how hard do we have to beg? PLEASE COME TO FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Just back from the two Camden shows and let me tell you, we are getting screwed out of some GREAT shows. They were on fire this weekend. I am glad I went, but it only makes me want to see them again.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    MEMORIAL DAY BUMP!!!

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    On this Memorial Day here's a Hail Hail to both the lucky and unlucky ones.
    Brian
  • Options
    gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    bumpity, bump, bump
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Back to work Bump
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    cookie5798cookie5798 Posts: 396
    PJ.......Atlanta 2006! Come on guys!!!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    After going to Camden, I really miss the good vibes of Texas crowds. I thought I was going to die in the Camden parking lot. (Once in my seats, nothing but nice things to say about the fans though, thanks for the fanclub cushion from Camden deuchebaggery!)

Come to me, don't make me go to you! Or, hell, at least within 1,000 miles!
  • Options
    TexJamTexJam Posts: 31
    dangerboy wrote:
    i have to admit that this is also the perplexing part of this whole situation for me....they issued a lovely apology to the grand rapids people....a grand total of a few dozen whose tickets were misdistributed....how about a little nugget of info for the THOUSANDS of ten club members in markets ignored by the tour? either tell us to be patient, or to fuck off......

I second that.
    **Houston 92
    **Houston 00
    **Houston 03
  • Options
    tazwwtazww Posts: 22
    this is like the fucking twilight zone!!!! please announce something....please??
  • Options
    exolsticeexolstice Posts: 85
    I'll sign if they promise to also swing by Montreal.