Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    "there's an open door....for you....to come back....TO TEXAS!!!!"
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Ignore your fans if you want, but we will take the high road and remain.........Faithfull. The invitation remains open. Any day, any time. PJ is always welcome down here and we look forward to the band's triumphant return.
    PS: GO CANES!
    Brian
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    come on guys we want ya bad!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    bump bump bump bump
  • Options
    jam_fanjjam_fanj Posts: 46
    The population in the NorthEast is much greater than in the south. Megalopolis covers the cities from Virginia beach, DC, Philly, NYC and boston. The drives are shorter and the population is bigger. I hope that they play the south. I always though PJ was about the music and giving everyone a fair shake (10Club, downloads) however now it looks like they are not. I love PJ and petition for them to play the south.
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    "i'll say again:

Just try. Try to name a part of the country -- or the world, for that matter -- that's done more for music in the last 150 years than these Southern United States.

We birthed the blues. We launched rock 'n' roll. We've been the seat of gospel, the bastion of bluegrass, the home to the world's hottest hip-hop. We've dug deep down to our Nappy Roots, fostered Stephen Foster, screamed "Sweet Home Alabama" and gotten straight-up Ludacris, from Memphis to Mobile to Uncle Tupelo.

Southern music encompasses all kinds of styles, yet it hangs together as a coherent genre. Nobody's ever heard of New England music or Midwestern music, but down here we know that rock can have soul and rap can be country, and even wimpy folk can count so long as it's got Carolina in its mind. Southern music's more of a sensibility than a sound.

The South is about big ideas (like pain and redemption) and small pleasures (like the look of grandma's hands). The South is also increasingly diverse -- racially, economically and politically.

If our music has a common thread, it's the thread of hope -- hope that this mystical land won't lose all that's made it special and that it's not too proud to admit when it's wrong. Those are some big challenges. But they're nothing the music can't handle.

so c'mon down PJ we'll welcome you with a table of great food and sweet tea with fresh mint!"

Gardenlover--very eloquent!!

Add me to the list hoping to see southern shows announced....happy to travel to see the greatest band in the world!

Don't know whethermoonbeampainter said it, or Gardenlover, but either way very well said - and great perspective. Thanks!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    presenttentspresenttents Posts: 171
    i'm starting to like the sound of a West palm beach show, what better way to spend a long weekend...seafood, beachin, and pearl jam...come on down and rock on...pretty please?
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • Options
    Post #912........Play the South!!!!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    JamonitJamonit Posts: 21
    Come on down to the old sandlapper state!! BO!!!!!
  • Options
    bumpity
    bump
    bump

bump
    Brian
  • Options
    gumby25gumby25 Posts: 1
    Charleston needs a show!
  • Options
    bring it anywhere around FLORGIA
    4.FOOTSTEPS
    Tampa x 3, West Palm, Kissimmee, Vegas
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    i'm starting to like the sound of a West palm beach show, what better way to spend a long weekend...seafood, beachin, and pearl jam...come on down and rock on...pretty please?

Yep :D and let's make that a 2-NIGHTER!! :D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
    Palm trees, ocean breeze, and 2 nights in WPB PLEASE
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
  • Options
    greenampgreenamp Posts: 17
    Nashville
    Knoxville
    Lexington
    Atlanta
    Raleigh

Im so there.
  • Options
    presenttentspresenttents Posts: 171
    Galaxie2X4 wrote:
    Palm trees, ocean breeze, and 2 nights in WPB PLEASE

cold beer, loud cheer, i need some pearl jam to be near
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • Options
    cookie5798cookie5798 Posts: 396
    bump bump for the south!!!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Options
    cookie5798cookie5798 Posts: 396
    cookie5798 wrote:
    bump bump for the south!!!

oh wait, I meant the DIRTY SOUTH!!!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Options
    i didn't look through ALL 5 million posts on this thread, but so far i saw no requests for NEW ORLEANS!!!

music city? hit hard last year? in dire need of the jam? c'mon people!!!!

so... i'm signing. special request: NEW ORLEANS!
    9/13/98 -- Hartford, CT
    7/9/03 -- NY, NY
    5/13/06 -- Hartford, CT
    6/3/06 -- E. Rutherford, NJ
    6/24/08 -- NY, NY
    6/27/08 -- Hartford, CT
    6/28/08 -- Mansfield, MA
    10/30/09 -- Philadelphia, PA
    5/15/10 -- Hartford, CT
    5/21/10 -- NY, NY
    10/25/13 -- Hartford, CT
  • Options
    Waco?

Hah, Dallas, Houston, or Austin would be fine too.
  • Options
    BPH_4LIFEBPH_4LIFE Posts: 43
    Dallas
    Oklahoma City
    Memphis
    Little Rock
    Kansas City

and the list goes on and on.....
    Austin 1995
    Dallas 2000
    Oklahoma City 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Dallas 2013
    OKC 2013
    Tulsa 2014
    Memphis 2014

"you can't be neutral on a moving train"
  • Options
    spinDrAtlspinDrAtl Posts: 109
    If they come down South and I am able to go to several shows, I am pledging to do a ticket swap with someone, although not in Atlanta. That should be enough to get the guys down here!

86xxx
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
  • Options
    spinDrAtl wrote:
    If they come down South and I am able to go to several shows, I am pledging to do a ticket swap with someone, although not in Atlanta. That should be enough to get the guys down here!

86xxx

I will be PMing you once they announce shows in the south. You sir are a generous soul.

Play the South
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Dallas,
    Austin,
    San Antonio
    Houston

2007!!!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    Lunch time ***Please play ALL OVER the South*** BUMP!!!!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    I think we should start a different movement. Posts on the Message Pit take way less effort than, say, a letter-writing campaign to Ten Club.

We should organize, mobilize, and spend a few dollars on stamps and envelopes to get this plea across to the band.

Anybody willing to put these sentiments on paper and mail them in?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    TexJamTexJam Posts: 31
    rhinomagic wrote:
    I think we should start a different movement. Posts on the Message Pit take way less effort than, say, a letter-writing campaign to Ten Club.

We should organize, mobilize, and spend a few dollars on stamps and envelopes to get this plea across to the band.

Im game.
    **Houston 92
    **Houston 00
    **Houston 03
  • Options
    count me in....... the least 10C could do is tell us "wait till next year" or they're not coming down south.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    rhinomagic wrote:

I agree and even mentioned it before. But was told (on the threads) that we should leave the 10c people alone, they had their hands full, were busy with the tour (for OTHER parts of the world). Basically, we should just shut up and wait. :(
    Actually, they have been planning & backed out of tours in different areas (inlcuding Florida) so it MIGHT just be a scheduling thing. I think they are holding off the South until closer to the elections.

I also think that we should hold the 1000th posting on this thread for PearlJuli, our most vocal Floridian. :)
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    Play Raleigh and we will let the boys drink their beverage of choice from Lord Stanley's Cup.
    Brian