Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Options
    MikeVonMikeVon Posts: 24
    The post are getting longer, maybe by the time we reach 1000 post someone will figure it out. Shows in the South will be cool lets set up some tour dates.

I'll accept a hey guys and girls in the south ( from the tour manager )we will see you next year for a tour only in the south.

I know most of you just like I can't wait to see them, but a concert near you will be better then no concert at all, even if you have to wait.

Maybe when they tour the south it will be like wine. A little wait for some aging and damn that sh@t is good.

bump this post until it happens Captain
    Mike V

"Can't buy what you want because it's free"
    Corduroy
    Vitalogy

Choices are made, but only you can make them.
    You live life, but does it live for you?
    Facades pop up in this world everyday.
    Only you can decide to see through them or help put another brick in the wall.
  • Options
    miskinmiskin Posts: 278
    i hope they dont play the south. we deserve a tour in europe cnostantly for the rest of their lvies because we're so cool.
    myspace.com/airstriponeuk
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    miskin wrote:
    i hope they dont play the south. we deserve a tour in europe cnostantly for the rest of their lvies because we're so cool.

Uhhhhhh, you are getting your tour. We'll have to come over there and get all the good spots.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Another Saturday night BUMPITY, BUMP, BUMP, BUMP
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    presenttentspresenttents Posts: 171
    miskin wrote:

no we're so cool in the southern US, we deserve a tour....cnostantly????? sure makes....some...sense.
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • Options
    holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Tampa Wants A Show. Bump Bump Bump Wpb Too!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Spoke to a guy who works for the band, he said they will definetly be down south in the spring. I live in Dallas and went to the Philly/DC Shows. Sign me up for the petition for sure.

MDM

i'm gonna keep the faith!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    carbon436carbon436 Posts: 352
    On the brightside of things, this gives me time to get a credit card and a little credit established for buying tickets
  • Options
    tentoriotacttentoriotact Posts: 25
    edited April 2012
    Post edited by tentoriotact on
  • Options
    carbon436 wrote:
    On the brightside of things, this gives me time to get a credit card and a little credit established for buying tickets

thats true! I'm flying to the pittsburgh show from dallas and thats going to wipe my concert budget out for a while.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    carbon436carbon436 Posts: 352
    yield2me wrote:
    thats true! I'm flying to the pittsburgh show from dallas and thats going to wipe my concert budget out for a while.
    If they could actually schedule the tour right after i get done with baseball i'd appreciate it :) BUT sacrifices can be made
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    After 6 shows (Hartford, Boston 1, 2, Camden 1, Continental 1 and 2)
    trying to hold off withdrawal as long as possible.

PLEASE PLAY WEST PALM!!! AND ANNOUNCE HAWAII!!!

THANKS FOR AN AWESOME 1ST LEG!!!!!
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    Another bump for the cause we need PJ shows in the south.
  • Options
    play the south!!!!!!
  • Options
    presenttentspresenttents Posts: 171
    I've been saving my 100th post for this very special thread...here's to pearl jam playing some shows down south in '07....CHEERS!
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • Options
    therovertherover Posts: 88
    Found this on page 5. Have we giving up?

I'm not, PLAY RALEIGH!!!!
  • Options
    Orlando Predators are going to the Arena Bowl in Las Vegas !! A GREAT reason to Play the South!

• Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    sorry double

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    more complaints about crowds and 10c members sitting down, now in the new york/new jersey area....

i was embarrased at 6/3

maybe the audiences are getting a little bored with having pj in town so many times? including philly and all the nyc shows, plus four in jersey...what's that make? about 15?.....

you won't find that here. not in north carolina (for whom i can only speak, as i am an elder member of the contingency), and i'd bet not other places in the southeast, either...

i stopped bumping this thread for a while...some of the comments about red state blah blah blah has kinda turned me sour....like i'm starting to believe it...god, i hope it's not true....

but look, guys, band, 10c....seriously....you've got starved fans just waiting for the chance to appreciate you like none you've seen so far. the setlists have been killing us....please, stop wasting your time on big city audiences who pretend to worship you and start on some medium size places where we actually do and will show it....

or at least please tell us to get fucked if that's the case. the known is better than the unknown imagined....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    florida needs a show!!! we won't sit down, we won't look board we'll be front and center rocking our asses off! we love you and the new album come treat us wiyh a live version of it!!! bump bump fukn bump!!!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Play the South Pearl Jam!!!

Pppplllllleeeeaaaassseeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    Do the Texas triangle: Houston, Austin, Dallas.
  • Options
    Monday morning bump!

• Options
    BPH_4LIFEBPH_4LIFE Posts: 43
    I want to keep this thread alive so I am going to quote myself from a prior post. I have not bought one thing from PJ since the new album came out and will not buy a hat, t-shirt, bootleg, etc, until they play the south.

Boycott

Alright, I have to vent. I know my actions will mean very little to a rich band like PJ.

But, I am going to boycott buying another from Pearl Jam until they announce a tour in the South. Last tour I bought 10 bootlegs. I buy their new album every time one comes out. I own two copies of TEN. I own 3 bootlegs from the 2000 tour and several other bootlegs like Aussie Dynamos and Chapters. I will not buy one PJ bootleg from this tour. Their blatant skipping of the South has hit me on a personal note.

I live in Little Rock. The nearest destinations are 10-12 hours by car, one way, or an expensive plane ticket plus car rental. I cannot afford to travel to Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis, etc. I could afford to travel to Memphis, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, OKC, Austin, etc. They are shorter drives. I really would love to act like I have no responsibilities and just take a week off and travel and put myself into more debt. But, the reality is, I cannot afford to travel to any of the US destinations, Europe, or Australia.

I am personally offended by their actions. By the time they get to the South (2007?) the newness of the album will be well worn away and we will have to contend with those who have the money and just got to see PJ several times in the New England, Midwest, West Coast areas. By the time they get back to the states, everyone with a Ten Club membership or money to travel will pack stadiums in cities they would not go to otherwise.

I really enjoy the new album. Have several favorite songs. But, I will not give PJ another dollar until they show their fans in the South that they appreciate their patronage and will honor us with a live concert somewhere in several Southern cities.

I would love to see the outrage if their "world tour" was only played in Florida, Georgia, NC, SC, Texas, etc and they completely skipped NYC, Chicago, LA, etc. I could care less about the rumors of their frustration b/c shows were not sold out or several Southern states voted for GWB. But, that is nothing more than excuses.

BTW Pearl Jam. I voted for Clinton boths times, Gore, and then Kerry. But, I really do not give a crap if that makes you smile or makes you frown. It is a matter of self opinion, not a so called rumor or reason to skip cities with thousands of fans that want to appluade you and sing along.
    Austin 1995
    Dallas 2000
    Oklahoma City 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Dallas 2013
    OKC 2013
    Tulsa 2014
    Memphis 2014

"you can't be neutral on a moving train"
  • Options
    therovertherover Posts: 88
    Page 7! *sigh* Such a shame.

PLAY RALEIGH
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Sorry, work has kept me from my most important task(s)......
    BUMP.........BUMP...........BUMP
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    alex_scalex_sc Posts: 116
    oh alright I'll join the list.

fortunate enough to hit camden 1 and dc, but i want some more! I said YEAHHHHHH!
    Philly 05 ~ Camden I 06 ~ DC 06 ~ Columbia 08 ~ Va. Beach 08 ~ Camden I 08 ~ Atlanta 12 ~ Charlotte 13 ~ Columbia 16
  • Options
    I beleive this belongs on PAGE 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please play Florida
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Do the Texas triangle: Houston, Austin, Dallas.

HELL YEAH!!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."