Options

Movie Threads?

Comments

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,978
    anyone see the trailer for Pacific Rim yet? Looks pretty bad ass! :corn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-ZcqwvQbas
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Watched "Wet Hot American Summer" last night. Needed a laugh from these last few days.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    Newch91 wrote:
    Watched "Wet Hot American Summer" last night. Needed a laugh from these last few days.

I watched "The Campaign" for the very same reason.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

Love the part when they go to town. :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Savages = :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Time to hang it up Oliver
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

:ugeek: :ugeek:

seen all except for like 3 ... never heard of primer ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

geek :lol: I've seen all but about 13 or so.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

Me too -- Ive never sen that either, but I looked it up on amazon...looks interesting, but hard to find. $50-75?! :shock:
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    polaris_x wrote:
    Best Actor, Drama:
    Daniel Day-Lewis, "Lincoln"
    Richard Gere, "Arbitrage"
    John Hawkes, "The Sessions"
    Joaquin Phoenix, "The Master"
    Denzel Washington, "Flight"
    Saw 'Lincoln' last night, and Daniel Day-Lewis should be a shoe-in! He was spectacular. (although, I haven't seen the other movies, and I want to, but I'm just saying... he was hypnotizing. Can't imagine anybody beating that).
  • Options
    EmBleve wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    Best Actor, Drama:
    Daniel Day-Lewis, "Lincoln"
    Richard Gere, "Arbitrage"
    John Hawkes, "The Sessions"
    Joaquin Phoenix, "The Master"
    Denzel Washington, "Flight"
    Saw 'Lincoln' last night, and Daniel Day-Lewis should be a shoe-in! He was spectacular. (although, I haven't seen the other movies, and I want to, but I'm just saying... he was hypnotizing. Can't imagine anybody beating that).
    Yeah, Day-Lewis is winning it. No better performance than his.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    polaris_x wrote:

geek :lol: I've seen all but about 13 or so.

I've seen about half. I still haven't seen all the Matrix movies, just the first one.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Premium Rush - :thumbdown:
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    anyone see the trailer for Pacific Rim yet? Looks pretty bad ass! :corn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-ZcqwvQbas

yeah i saw it.. bored me to tears. i hate this kind of movie. when i told my son about it(cause i thought he might be interested) he said it sounds like battleship.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Just watched "Moonrise Kingdom." Terrific.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    Newch91 wrote:
    ok,,noticed
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Did anyone here see "Les Miserables" yet? I really thought about plunging needles into my eyes. And I'm somebody who likes musicals and opera.

(Liked Russell Crowe and Anne Hathaway though.)
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

I watched this for the second time today. Just as outstanding the secong time. My favourite film I saw in the cinema this year.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

I watched this for the second time today. Just as outstanding the secong time. My favourite film I saw in the cinema this year.
    It'll get a second showing soon. Loved it, but at times, it felt a little slow moving.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    The Christian Slater horror film Playback gathered an astonishing $264.00 – yes, that's two hundred and sixty four – in theaters. Well, theater, to be exact; it only showed for one week in a single cinema. The figure gives Playback the honor as 2012's lowest grossing film of the year. It earned $252.00 on opening night and just 12 dollars more during the following week, after which it was pulled. It has since made its way to VOD via Netflix and Amazon Prime.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/lowest-grossing-film-2012-made-less-300-wait-011044108.html

I hope his deal wasn't based on splitting residual profits.
  • Options
    Saw a late showing of Jack Reacher last night. It was pretty enjoyable. Nice popcorn flick :corn:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Can't by me love is the best Halloween, Christmas, and New Years movie.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

i agree. best film of the year hands down. Incredibly beautiful film. Emotional, funny, gorgeous.
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Enkidu wrote:
    Did anyone here see "Les Miserables" yet? I really thought about plunging needles into my eyes. And I'm somebody who likes musicals and opera.

You just talked me out of seeing this. :lol:
  • Options
    Enkidu wrote:

i loved the movie. one of the best of the year for sure. Im in love with period films, and am an anglo and franco phile, so this was pretty much heaven for me.

I thought the singing was amazing and the scenery and sets they used were amazing. Old church's, old buildings, looked like it was actually filmed in france or something.

Anne Hathaway was incredible. I walked in thinking she was going to be in nearly every scene. But all in all it seemed like she was in the movie for about 10-15 minutes. In those 15 minutes though she gave one of the best acting performances of the year. One of those you go, "how they hell do these people do that". "how is that even possible". Had similar reactions to Joaquin and Daniel Day Lewis earlier in the year.

Since she was only in a few scenes, I wonder if she will only be nominated for supporting actress as opposed to lead actress. Either way she deserves the win on the female side this year. DDL should win for male lead. Although Joaquin pheonix gave a stunning and incredible performance in the master, lets face it, and i think everyone nominated would agree, DDL is in another league of his own. its DDL and then everyone else as far as Im concerned.

Les Mis couldnt have been better. Emotional as hell, beautiful. inspiring.
  • Options
    Enkidu wrote:

i loved the movie. one of the best of the year for sure. Im in love with period films, and am an anglo and franco phile, so this was pretty much heaven for me.

I thought the singing was amazing and the scenery and sets they used were amazing. Old church's, old buildings, looked like it was actually filmed in france or something.

Anne Hathaway was incredible. I walked in thinking she was going to be in nearly every scene. But all in all it seemed like she was in the movie for about 10-15 minutes. In those 15 minutes though she gave one of the best acting performances of the year. One of those you go, "how they hell do these people do that". "how is that even possible". Had similar reactions to Joaquin and Daniel Day Lewis earlier in the year.

Since she was only in a few scenes, I wonder if she will only be nominated for supporting actress as opposed to lead actress. Either way she deserves the win on the female side this year. DDL should win for male lead. Although Joaquin pheonix gave a stunning and incredible performance in the master, lets face it, and i think everyone nominated would agree, DDL is in another league of his own. its DDL and then everyone else as far as Im concerned.

Les Mis couldnt have been better. Emotional as hell, beautiful. inspiring.
    It's:

DDL

Everyone else.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Saw a preview for World War Z with Brad Pitt this morning. Must admit it looks pretty interesting.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    I saw a preview for the Lone Ranger yesterday. It looks like a good modern Cowboy picture.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    DS1119 wrote:
    Saw a preview for World War Z with Brad Pitt this morning. Must admit it looks pretty interesting.

saw this too- looks pretty cool.

over the weekend, i saw silver linings playbook. it was very intense with some great acting/chemistry between the beautiful jennifer laurence and brad cooper. 8/10