Movie Threads?

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Is "The Union" on there?

Just saw the promo again. "The Union" was not on there but that doesn't mean they aren't showing it. The damn promo doesn't say when all this starts though.
    Ok. I don't have DirecTV anyway. I'm wondering if I should buy the album or not because I think the movie comes with the CD.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,747
    caught Fast Five tonight. It was actually not bad. Not as good as the first. Better than the second and fourth. I didn't even see the third one. Pretty awesome car scene chase at the en, but also some predictable moments. The Rock was ok as a throw in. Also stay through the credits.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    scream 4 sucks
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    scream 4 sucks

No shit?
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Byrnzie wrote:
    scream 4 sucks

No shit?

It was better then I was expecting. I didn't go in there expecting an oscar worthy film, or a thought provoking statement of the world today, it is what it is, a typical slasher film. It was still a lot better then a lot of the genre of late.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i watched the conspirator last nite ... plays out fairly predictably and the casting didn't really have great chemistry for me ... interesting to see the constitution shat on way back when ...
  • Release MeRelease Me Posts: 337
    Watched Black Swan last night. Really good movie. I had heard a lot of good but remained skeptical because it was about ballerinas :D but no worries. Natalie Portman was phenomenal. Very twisted, still a little confused about everything, makes you wonder what is real and what isn't.
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    We seen:

Unstoppable: Okay, suspenseful in parts. Based on true events.
    I'm Still Here: The Joaquim Phoniex doc, interesting look at the concept of being pigeonholed.
    I love you Phillip Morris: Not what we were expecting from Jim Carrey. True story though.
    Unmistaken Child: Doc on how a reincarnated Rinpoche is located in his next life. Really fascinating.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
    caught Fast Five tonight. It was actually not bad. Not as good as the first. Better than the second and fourth. I didn't even see the third one. Pretty awesome car scene chase at the en, but also some predictable moments. The Rock was ok as a throw in. Also stay through the credits.

think Oceans 13 w/cars :lol:

Looking forward to Thor this weekend :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    just watched The Social Network........ i know i'm kind of late but i'm pretty impressed actually
    i had no intention of ever watching it but i was talked into it and now i'm glad i watched it.

definately worth watching!
    conman wrote:
    just watched The Social Network........ i know i'm kind of late but i'm pretty impressed actually
    i had no intention of ever watching it but i was talked into it and now i'm glad i watched it.

definately worth watching!
    My second favorite movie of 2010, Toy Story 3 was my favorite.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Mel Gibson is getting really good reviews for The Beaver.....not that it will make me go see it. I think they could have come up with a way better title, don't you? :lol: It is supposed to be a pretty serious movie. :?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Lizard wrote:
    Mel Gibson is getting really good reviews for The Beaver.....not that it will make me go see it. I think they could have come up with a way better title, don't you? :lol: It is supposed to be a pretty serious movie. :?

Mel Gibson is in a movie called the Beaver?! Is it about the kid in Leave it to Beaver?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Lizard wrote:

Mel Gibson is in a movie called the Beaver?! Is it about the kid in Leave it to Beaver?
    Nah-- :D

Plot: A troubled husband and executive adopts a beaver hand-puppet as his sole means of communicating.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    watched soul surfer last night ..pretty darn good
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Saw an old movie ('80) horror/slasher film tonight in the theater called "Maniac" It was pretty decent. Had one of the best explosions ever. Cool part was the guy who directed it, William Lustig, was there taking Q & A after the film. Joe Spinell starred in it and Tom Savini was also in it.

220px-Maniac_%281980%29.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Release MeRelease Me Posts: 337
    Maniac is an incredibly underrated horror flick in that no one except the die hards have really seen it.

watched Jackass 3 this weekend. I think we laughed throughout, and I gagged a couple times. I highly recommend having a few drinks then popping this in.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    I finally watched 'The Hangover' over the weekend, and 'Tootsie' (the old one with Dustin Hoffman). Good stuff! :lol:
  • Jon ChorbaJon Chorba Posts: 268
    Just watched "The Next Three Days" I really liked it!

If You Like Crunchy Guitar Riffs, Powerful Vocals, Melodic Guitar Solos, And Meaningful Lyrics..then you need to check out one of the most refreshing new hard rock bands in quite some time...-->The Liberty Underground<--
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    watched soul surfer last night ..pretty darn good

saw it on Saturday. Yes, a very good movie. Please see it...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    Jon Chorba wrote:
    Just watched "The Next Three Days" I really liked it!

We also really liked The Next Three Days! I was surprised Rotten Tomatoes gave it a so-so rating, 'cause it was great! That one car scene made me scream...lol.
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
    I'm gonna go and see '13 Assassins' today.

I'll let you know if it's any good.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,671
    Watched Fast Five over the weekend. If your a fan of these movies, you'll love it. I'm not a huge fan of the fast & furious series. But this movie was awesome, great action
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    Byrnzie wrote:

oh ... i can't wait to see it ... i hope it lives up to expectations ...
    Don't know if this movie was mentioned on here, but has anyone seen the trailer for "The Tree of Life"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXRYA1dxP_0

Looks really good.
    Newch91 wrote:
    Don't know if this movie was mentioned on here, but has anyone seen the trailer for "The Tree of Life"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXRYA1dxP_0

Looks really good.

early reviews are good
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,017
    Its by Terrence Malick who directed The Thin Red Line which is a beautifully shot film...looking forward to this one.
    Nature drunk and High
    polaris_x wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:

It was brilliant. The battle scene at the end is brutal - about 30 minutes long.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:

It was brilliant. The battle scene at the end is brutal - about 30 minutes long.

ahhh ... i'm guessing about 3 million litres of fake blood was used in this film! ... hahaha
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Saw Paul last night for my birthday.

CRAP!

2 stars out of 5
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★