A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    ldent42 said:

She deserved it though. I agree it was obvious that she was gonna fly but I was still happy when it happened. The thing with Sansa was gross though. He's got way too much of a thing for that particular line of women.

they do say jealousy is a curse.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Haven't been here in a while. Man this season is flying by! I'm still greatly upset by the recast of Daario Naharis. This new one is a tool.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Mamasan23 said:

Haven't been here in a while. Man this season is flying by! I'm still greatly upset by the recast of Daario Naharis. This new one is a tool.

I liked the look of the other one. I thought he fit better.

Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    This is funny.

Martin, who is no stranger to weaving tales of wedding extravaganza, took to Twitter on Sunday, where he wrote, "I don't know why I wasn't invited, I'm great at weddings... @KimKardashian @kanyewest."
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,081
    He doesn't go on Facetard or Shitter but that was funny, I read about it in GRRM's denial that he wrote that.

Old Home Day with Mamasan23 back in the discussion!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,074
    i can't wait for the trial by combat.

red viper vs the mountain that rides.

gonna be epic....

"You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    I'm starting to hate this show.
    yeah me too. fuck the lanisters and the mountain.

and wtf is sansa doing dressing like lysa now??? creepy...

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I wanted the fight to be a little more epic, but i was happy with the show.

Next week should be epic. the battle for the wall!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    intodeep said:

I wanted the fight to be a little more epic, but i was happy with the show.

Next week should be epic. the battle for the wall!

Directed by Neil Marshall too, same guy that did the "Blackwater" episode. Hope he brings it for next weeks too.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Having not read any of the books, that was another "stunning" turn of events. Popped his head like a pimple.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    The head popping thing was a little ridiculous. I think they always nail the brutal death scenes, but this was just way over the top.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    As someone who hasn't read the books, that fight pissed me off!!!! Not the scene or that directing, but the result. Ugh....he had him beat! Ugh!!!
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    mca47 said:

As someone who hasn't read the books, that fight pissed me off!!!! Not the scene or that directing, but the result. Ugh....he had him beat! Ugh!!!

Totally with you on this one. Having read the books, Red Viper's death is the one that bothers me the most still. Every time I think of this scene all I can think of is 'Just kill him, stopping toying with him for that stupid confession.'

Had him dead to rights, it wasn't even a close fight. Red Viper had this without even breaking a sweat... Could have walked out of King's Landing with the Mountain dead, Tywin morally defeated, and regroup for another shot at the Lannisters down the road.

Moral of the story, don't mess around when what you want is right in reach.

mca47 said:

Totally with you on this one. Having read the books, Red Viper's death is the one that bothers me the most still. Every time I think of this scene all I can think of is 'Just kill him, stopping toying with him for that stupid confession.'

Had him dead to rights, it wasn't even a close fight. Red Viper had this without even breaking a sweat... Could have walked out of King's Landing with the Mountain dead, Tywin morally defeated, and regroup for another shot at the Lannisters down the road.

Well said. While watching it and the Mountain was on the ground, I kept saying...fucking kill him!!! Stop talking, and kill him!!!!! Ahhhhhhh!

Still pisses me off! image

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mca47 said:

mca47 said:

Well said. While watching it and the Mountain was on the ground, I kept saying...fucking kill him!!! Stop talking, and kill him!!!!! Ahhhhhhh!

Still pisses me off! image

Agreed. As soon as he and his lady exchanged that smirk I started cursing.
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Was the Red Viper killing portrayed the same way in the books?
    aqo2t.jpg
    Pretty similar circumstance, but Mountain simply punched his face in.
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    DewieCox said:

Pretty similar circumstance, but Mountain simply punched his face in.

thx...you will now be my goto person for TV vs Books questions. Sorry.

;)
    aqo2t.jpg
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    So next week is like blackwater all the wall and nothing else?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Sure seems that way from the preview. I hope a few other storylines get at least a little screen time, but there are plenty of loose ends to tie up for 2 packed episodes.

Also, depending on the timeline they go with, there's particular scene I hope they avoid during the preview right before the show.
  • I agree I hope they dont tip their hands too much. 2nd to last episode has been one of the best of the year each of the first 3 seasons, I hope they put a certain scene into this week. We will see!
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    Arya's laugh at the bloody gate was great..
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Love this kind of stuff but cant really watch it too much violence and dirt its overpowering steal your sanity
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    The Red Viper getting his face pushed in might have been the most gruesome death yet. Holy shit. I really liked that guy too. What I don't get is why does Tyrion still die? The Red Viper killed the Mountain, did he not?? Granted, they both died, but that's a shitty verdict. I hope he finds a way out of it. And was I the only one that felt sad for Jorah when he was banished by Daenerys? He has been nothing but loyal to her.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    They made up ....

The Mountain needs to become a goal line situation fullback in the NFL ...
  • gabers said:

The Red Viper getting his face pushed in might have been the most gruesome death yet. Holy shit. I really liked that guy too. What I don't get is why does Tyrion still die? The Red Viper killed the Mountain, did he not?? Granted, they both died, but that's a shitty verdict. I hope he finds a way out of it. And was I the only one that felt sad for Jorah when he was banished by Daenerys? He has been nothing but loyal to her.

My wife asked the same question about the fight. I think the rules would have said that the Mountain won since he wasn't the first to die. Imagine they will expand on that some this weekend.

Also, Jorah the Andal spied on DT up until the wine scene. While I like Jorah, and really think the actor is excellent as well, I dont think that counts as being fully loyal.

i read an article that said the wall battle is supposed to begin at about the 15 min park and last most of the rest of the episode. can't wait to see it.

i have watched the trial by combat multiple times this week. it still has not gotten any easier to watch. i did not even notice the first time that those were his teeth splattering all over the concrete.

i read an article that said the wall battle is supposed to begin at about the 15 min park and last most of the rest of the episode. can't wait to see it.

i have watched the trial by combat multiple times this week. it still has not gotten any easier to watch. i did not even notice the first time that those were his teeth splattering all over the concrete.

Yep, the punch knocked his teeth....and him out.
  • Wow, that was a heck of an episode last night. I would love to see a behind the scenes on filming. Some of the sweeping looks at the fighting going on was great.
    Wish I recalled more of the book details on that part of the battle but I will go back and look again after next week's episode.