A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,081
    edited April 2014
    intodeep said:

so i'm not upset about the Night's King reveal, but I did pause for a moment and consider not watching the show. It seems like its a reveal GRRM was saving for later in the books.

That is silly and I won't do that but i want my book reading experience to be "pure" i want the surprises to come when they are supposed to.

For those who read the books if you don't remember the Night King

awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Night's_King

Nice, thanks. Picture was the best, lol

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894

intodeep said:

so i'm not upset about the Night's King reveal, but I did pause for a moment and consider not watching the show. It seems like its a reveal GRRM was saving for later in the books.

That is silly and I won't do that but i want my book reading experience to be "pure" i want the surprises to come when they are supposed to.

I tend to think, if GRRM did not want that final scene in there, they would have cut it out. GRRM seems to be very hands on with the show.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279

intodeep said:

I tend to think, if GRRM did not want that final scene in there, they would have cut it out. GRRM seems to be very hands on with the show.

Exactly. GRRM has the final say in anything that goes into the show. I remember reading an interview with him after season 2 (I think that's when it was) where he was asked about deviations from the book. He said something like "While we want to keep it as close to the book as possible, there are limitations to the production and storytelling on TV." He also said something along the lines of "Producing the show provides another avenue to display the story visually that was not included in the book series."
    From that I'm guessing those items NOT included in the book were probably things GRRM had in his mind but didn't include or made better sense for the overall timeline. I also think that being a TV show which cannot capture as much detail as the books and therefore they can't include as many subtleties....and they need to keep the viewer's attention.

I didn't read the book, but my understanding was that Joffery's killer was never discussed, or was only assumed. I think the show was more forthcoming because the average viewer wouldn't be able to accept not knowing.

Can't wait for Sunday!!!!! :D
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Everything that the show has said about Joffrey's killer was said in the books, but some fans are butthurt that their theories didn't turn out to be true.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    fuck the king ...
    No reactions to the bomb dropped last night re: the murder that started the series?

Or Lysa's crazy-gasms?

I love the actress portraying her, she does crazy very well.
    She definitely does crazy, very well and she nailed those scenes. Her and LF are a match made in heaven.

How about Bran basically avenging Jaime?

I think they botched Locke's role. Seemed like he basically just shows up to get his head twisted off.

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

Definitely, its her eyes and mouth. Almost make me wish I could suckle on her breasts....
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    Maybe we wont see Coldhands in the show...
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,074
    DewieCox said:

She definitely does crazy, very well and she nailed those scenes. Her and LF are a match made in heaven.

How about Bran basically avenging Jaime?

I think they botched Locke's role. Seemed like he basically just shows up to get his head twisted off.

holy crap, i had forgotten that that was the guy who cut off jamie's hand.

hodor was awesome!!

littlefinger is my least favorite person on the show. i dislike him more than joffrey. pretty crazy that him and the wife conspired to kill jon arryn. i never would have guessed that.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365

No reactions to the bomb dropped last night re: the murder that started the series?

Or Lysa's crazy-gasms?

Was that revealed in the books, I can't recall?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Or Lysa's crazy-gasms?

Was that revealed in the books, I can't recall?
    Yes I believe so but could be wrong. Maybe implied but not stated? But pretty sure we knew that as I wasn't surprised at all when they said it on Sunday night.
    Reading so many books and just getting lost between A Song of Ice & Fire and GoT makes my head all hurty sometimes. ~O)
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    good episode..
    poor Sansa.. whenever she thinks things are getting better, they're not..
    Another great episode last night
    Won't say it sucked, but one of the worst episodes of the series.Reminded me of all the set up episodes from last season.

Davos was wooden in the opening scene. Tyrion overacted the hell out of that last scene, which I feared from the previews I'd seen. Those guys are usually money.

Dany is becoming the Dany from the books, which is tolerable there, but doesn't offer much in the way of viewing. She's been hit or miss the last couple seasons and it's mostly miss unless she plays the "dracarys" card.
    I enjoyed the episode and Tyrion's raging against the throne room during his trial.
    I can taste some of the things (2 in particular) that I am hoping they put into this season and do justice.
    I thought Tyrion's outburst was fantastic!!
    As a non-book reader, I'm super curious to see who Tyrion picks for the battle. I think the obvious choice would be Bronn as I don't see many people being able to take that guy.
    I'm pretty sure Tyrion is going to pick Jaime. Tyrion knows all about the "deals" and he knows that Tywin wants the Lannister name to go on....and the only one who can do that is Jaime. Jaime made the deal to go back, rule the land, have kids, etc. Tyrion picking Jaime to fight puts Tywin in a awkward place. Tywin knows Jamie can't fight now, he knows he'll lose. How could he possibly grant Tyrion that fighter knowing he'll lose?

I'm also curious to see if Bronn betrayed Tyrion. He said Shea was on the ship. He also wasn't at the trial...

Goddamnit! I want more Thrones!!!!!

How many episodes are left for this season?
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    only 4.. unfortunately..
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Youtube video of Super Mario Game of Thrones intro ...

youtube.com/watch?v=eFSiiiFkvhM#t=109
    Cool Mario and Beer tags,thanks for posting!
    I thought they gave away this week's "Holy Shit" moment a little too much...my wife called it a minute before it happened and I would have hoped it was a total shock. (Nothing that scuzzbag does now should be a total shock, right?)
    Still it is so awesome to see some of these events unfold on the screen; love this show so much.

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I'm so happy I got HBO again. Peter Dinklage is the best actor on the planet right now
    Great episode!!! Sucks that we have to wait two weeks for another! :(
    The last three episodes are going to be insane. Last night's was awesome and set them all up.

The last three episodes are going to be insane. Last night's was awesome and set them all up.

I can't wait for the battle. Cannot fn wait!!
    The recast of the Mountain was well done. That guy is a fn BEAST!!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    is it just me or is littlefinger particular slimy this season???
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440

it's not just you.

as a pimp he's always been douchey. but now with kat gone... he's ruthlessly scheming for all he can take

i also thought it was obvious what was about to happen in the last scene...buh bye, psycho queen
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    prism said:

it's not just you.

as a pimp he's always been douchey. but now with kat gone... he's ruthlessly scheming for all he can take

i also thought it was obvious what was about to happen in the last scene...buh bye, psycho queen

makes me shudder to think of him ending up with winterfell... what a smack in the face to neds memory thatd be. i know sansa is married to tyrion.. ooh wouldnt it be awesome if they end up with casterly rock. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    She deserved it though. I agree it was obvious that she was gonna fly but I was still happy when it happened. The thing with Sansa was gross though. He's got way too much of a thing for that particular line of women.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435