A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I love the Hound's style of killing. Smashing that guys face into the knife over and over was just brutal.

Loved the episode. Is it wrong I had a huge smile on my fade the whole time?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    little slow to start, amazing finish with the slow stabs and recitation back to polliver.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    yeah it was a slow start.

as if the psycho sadistic characters shown last season wasn't enough. now they've introduced another bunch of cannibals....how gross!

can't look during the brutal fighting and hacked up bloody body parts scenes....i have to hide my eyes

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I thought it was a nice premier. Get us caught back up with most of the folks.
    The Red Viper was all i wanted him to be. So excited for him to join us.
    The Hound and arya were fantastic
    Sansa's storyline this season should be great

They have so much ground to cover this season i have no clue how they will do it .....and the DRAGONS were cool
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    Great start to the season, cuaght everyone up and now they have all the pieces in play and ready to move

And Arya got her horse
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I thought it was great.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The Hound gave us vintage GoT dialogue. Good to see him get some more time, he is great.
    Thought the episode was really good and cannot wait for next week!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    This show is just so damn epic!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • The Hound gave us vintage GoT dialogue. Good to see him get some more time, he is great.
    Thought the episode was really good and cannot wait for next week!

i liked when he drank that other guy's ale. the guy said to him something like "you lived all of your life serving a king but you are going to die for a chicken." and the hound basically said "one of us is...."

so awesome.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    Awesome! So glad it's back!
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    was cool to see Arya taking revenge. glad to see they didn't abandon the Dontos storyline.
    good start.
  • PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382
    intodeep said:

I hope so. It took me a bit of time to warm to her storyline, but from halfway season 2 she started to grow into it. That said, I don't know if I'm liking this Ser Dontos story. I'm also reading the books, having just finished with the second book (which is basically the second season). That book also featured this storyline and I was happy that it wasn't transferred to the TV series as I don't see (yet?) what it contributes to the overall story. It was kinda boring, to be honest.
    Who knows? (Well, those who've read the whole series might :) ) It might evolve during this season (or book 3), but it feels out of place now. In my eyes, Sansa has grown up beyond believing this galant knight bullshit. It might've been fitting during season/book 2, where she had to adjust to life, alone, at a hostile court. But now, after almost her whole family has been brutally murdered and she knows more about her place at court? Not so.
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    haven't read the books so i'm just going by show

the dragons have gotten huge. funny how you could tell they've reached adolescences by the way the one snapped at their mother...just like a typical teen...

i was also glad that Arya got her horse
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    HBO ordered seasons 5 & 6, to no ones surprise
  • Season 6 too? Wow, that rocks. When I saw your post I went to GRRM's page and he had some cool links to articles on the ratings and a review.
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    How about book 6!!!!
  • another little chapter released last week

another little chapter released last week

A flipping awesome chapter.
    GRRM wrote this coming Sundays episode I think.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228

intodeep said:

I hope so. It took me a bit of time to warm to her storyline, but from halfway season 2 she started to grow into it. That said, I don't know if I'm liking this Ser Dontos story. I'm also reading the books, having just finished with the second book (which is basically the second season). That book also featured this storyline and I was happy that it wasn't transferred to the TV series as I don't see (yet?) what it contributes to the overall story. It was kinda boring, to be honest.
    Who knows? (Well, those who've read the whole series might :) ) It might evolve during this season (or book 3), but it feels out of place now. In my eyes, Sansa has grown up beyond believing this galant knight bullshit. It might've been fitting during season/book 2, where she had to adjust to life, alone, at a hostile court. But now, after almost her whole family has been brutally murdered and she knows more about her place at court? Not so.
    They probably should have played it up in the show a little more to make it more relevant, but they only have so much more screen time. Ser Dontas serves a purpose and we'll see it over the next few episodes.

Really excited they ordered two seasons. Its the first time they've done that for GoT. I'm sure they've done it for other shows but i can't recall off the top of my head. They usually run them season by season and wait to see how the opening few weeks go before re upping for the next season.

Another great line from Two Swords is Jaime to Brienne.... Are you sure you are not a Lannister? Ever since i've returned all of my relatives have been a pain in my ass :)

Next episode ... The Lion and the Rose! (and yes you are right it is written by GRRM)
    I read that they do a nice long 26 minute non cut sequence for Joffrey's wedding. It takes up half the show. But a King's wedding should take some time. We'll have lots of people in Kings Landing to interact with.

Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep said:

Next episode ... The Lion and the Rose! (and yes you are right it is written by GRRM)
    I read that they do a nice long 26 minute non cut sequence for Joffrey's wedding. It takes up half the show. But a King's wedding should take some time. We'll have lots of people in Kings Landing to interact with.

nice! should be a great episode..

• i think the opening sequence was perfect. the melting of the stark sword to make 2 lannister swords. pretty cool.

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365

i think the opening sequence was perfect. the melting of the stark sword to make 2 lannister swords. pretty cool.

I forget, was that Robb's or Eddard's?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Eddard's i believe.

^^^Ned's

Loved the way they handled that scene.

How's everybody dig the new Daario? I kinda like the other one better. In the book, he's kinda over the top and memorable. The new guy just kinda blends in with alot the other soldiers.
    DewieCox said:

^^^Ned's

How's everybody dig the new Daario? I kinda like the other one better. In the book, he's kinda over the top and memorable. The new guy just kinda blends in with alot the other soldiers.

i think the new guy is a better actor.. i get what you're saying, though.
  • the new guy looks like my band's booking agent... yikes...

Yarden said:

DewieCox said:

^^^Ned's

i think the new guy is a better actor.. i get what you're saying, though.
    I'm going to give it a few more episodes, but I don't mind the change. hard to say off the little screen time in the premier.

I do want to see the new Mountain though, new actor looks like he may be a much better choice.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    I read that they weren't happy with the old Daario as they didn't want him to be the Fabio type but wanted a dude who was good looking but more scruffy and real.
  • i will just leave this here...