A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• shepshep Posts: 5,759
    intodeep wrote:
    Qyburn!
    I almost forgot about his introduction that was cool.

Not seeing the battle for the fist of the northmen was disapointing. That was so good in the book. And really saying the Crows survived is spot on. They got their tails handed to them and it was all they could do to escape.

Oh and I'm pretty sure we'll still see Sam the Slayer. That is too important for them to skip over. I am guessing it happens on their retreat back to the wall.

My boy Davos was going to cut a bitch :lol: I wish Davos would do it.

I must have completely missed the Qyburn introduction.... too wrapped up in my Iron Throne Beer I guess ;):lol:

When did that happen?

It's terrible that I read all 5 books only a year ago, and I'm already feeling like I need to go back and read them again... :fp:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Is Qyburn the guy that cut the nipple off?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    shep wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    Qyburn!

Not seeing the battle for the fist of the northmen was disapointing. That was so good in the book. And really saying the Crows survived is spot on. They got their tails handed to them and it was all they could do to escape.

Oh and I'm pretty sure we'll still see Sam the Slayer. That is too important for them to skip over. I am guessing it happens on their retreat back to the wall.

I must have completely missed the Qyburn introduction.... too wrapped up in my Iron Throne Beer I guess ;):lol:

When did that happen?

It's terrible that I read all 5 books only a year ago, and I'm already feeling like I need to go back and read them again... :fp:

It happened really fast at the end of the scene where Robb arrives at Harrenhall.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    shep wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    Qyburn!

When did that happen?

It happened really fast at the end of the scene where Robb arrives at Harrenhall.
    I thought that was Winterfell where Rob and his mother were at in the end of the episode...
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    shep wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    Qyburn!

When did that happen?

So Qyburn was they guy the gave water?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    I thought that was Winterfell where Rob and his mother were at in the end of the episode...

No Harrenhall, where Arya escaped from at the end of last year.
    JK_Livin wrote:

Yes
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    JK_Livin wrote:

Yes

Ah... that would explain why I missed it...

During that scene I was completely focused on The Lord of the Dreadfort with the flayed man emblem on his chest... Great casting for Roose Bolten... I couldn't take my eyes off of him.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • I have no idea what any of you are talking about. And I'm spending $18.99 per month just for this damn show! I think I need to buy some Coles Notes for GoT.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I have no idea what any of you are talking about. And I'm spending $18.99 per month just for this damn show! I think I need to buy some Coles Notes for GoT.
    lol that is funny

I watch it with my roomate and often he'll pause it and go "what the hell just happened and who is that"
    :corn:

When the introduced Qyburn i squeeeed a little. His comment was i guess that is not some random guy and i'll be seeing him again :lol:
    I just did not expect to see him so early.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Cersei needs to get laid.

:lol:

though If I had the choice, I would certainly bone the red head with John Snow, yummy
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

though If I had the choice, I would certainly bone the red head with John Snow, yummy
    Yes! :oops:

Natalie Dormier (Margaery tyrell) is very easy on the eyes too
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    intodeep wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

i was pleased to see the tyrells.. tho probabaly not for the same reasons as you. :)

oh and tywin lannister is a class A jerk. must be where cersei gets it from.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    Great episode! :thumbup:
    I want MORE!!! :D
    intodeep wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

ya Margaret has some beautiful eyes
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    shep wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    Qyburn!

When did that happen?

So agree about needing to reread the books. I can't remember who's dead and who's not. Don't worry, no spoilers.

I love Davos. I keep telling my husband to read the books cause there's so much more with him and he's an excellent character.

Melisandre is still my least favorite.

Oh, just saw this:

The Onion
    [Warning: Graphic Content]

'Game Of Thrones' Season 3 Opens With Every Character Getting Fingered While Discussing Arrival Of Winter http://onion.com/10ixPvJ
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    my only complaint about last night, no Arya! someone needs to get stick'd with the pointy end for not having her in the episode.
    my only complaint about last night, no Arya! someone needs to get stick'd with the pointy end for not having her in the episode.
    So many characters/storylines that there are going to be people left out of every episode.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    So much in ep 1...I was very happy with it! I can see how it would be confusing if you haven't read the books...but there are so many characters I think they're doing a great job of dealing with that. I'm gonna have to watch again tho...somehow I missed Roose!!!! I'm happy they took Dany's story right to Astapor...Belwas will have to show up eventually. I'm soooo stoked its finally back!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Great opening episode. This thread scares me though. I have a phobia of spoilers and I have not read the books.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    Great opening episode. This thread scares me though. I have a phobia of spoilers and I have not read the books.

there is another thread for spoilers, this will just be on any episode shown so far
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    She's cute, doesnt hold a candle to Khaleesi though.

I agree. She is my favorite character.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    So much in ep 1...I was very happy with it! I can see how it would be confusing if you haven't read the books...but there are so many characters I think they're doing a great job of dealing with that. I'm gonna have to watch again tho...somehow I missed Roose!!!! I'm happy they took Dany's story right to Astapor...Belwas will have to show up eventually. I'm soooo stoked its finally back!!

Who is Roose?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    She's cute, doesnt hold a candle to Khaleesi though.

Agreed. Emilia Clarke looks better with dark hair too.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    Hmmm i don't know

I think i like them in the following order
    Rose Leslie- Ygritte (the red hair..... )
    Natalie Dormer
    Emilia Clark

It is pretty close though
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Who is Roose?

Roose Bolton, the guy who flays his enemies.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Who is Roose?
    230px-Roose_tvseries.jpg

Roose Bolton is a sworn banner man to Rob Stark. He was cast in season 2 and has been shown a couple times with him giveing advice. When they arrive at Harrenhal he is there with him. He is one of his main Generals
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Who is Roose?
    230px-Roose_tvseries.jpg

Roose Bolton is a sworn banner man to Rob Stark. He was cast in season 2 and has been shown a couple times with him giveing advice. When they arrive at Harrenhal he is there with him. He is one of his main Generals

Thanks. I recognize him but I don't recall hearing his name.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer