A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• shepshep Posts: 5,759
    polaris_x wrote:
    shep wrote:
    :lol:

I finished The Eye of the World there last week... been taking this week to catch up on my magazines (Beer Advocate and Zymurgy)... gonna start a new spring this weekend i think.

You're killing me. :fp:

:lol: ... got slowed down ... the library system had 30 copies of the other books but for the 4th book - they only have 5 ... so, i'm on a wait list ... :x

all magazines read, taxes submitted, and new TV setup the weekend....

I am fully ready to start reading New Spring this evening... :D

Plus I now have a brand new 65" TV for the game of thrones premier... :D
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    shep wrote:

Heck Yeah!
    That is awesome. i'm pretty jealous
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Gendry is hot. Yep.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I have 2 more episodes to watch as a refresher but unfortunately I fell 600 pages behind the pace I wanted in book 2. I think the premiere was last night so there will be leaks everywhere. I must not click on any links.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I have 2 more episodes to watch as a refresher but unfortunately I fell 600 pages behind the pace I wanted in book 2. I think the premiere was last night so there will be leaks everywhere. I must not click on any links.

Last night??? I thought the premier is 3/31???
    JK_Livin wrote:

I'm pretty sure the red carpet premiere was last night in Europe.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

I'm pretty sure the red carpet premiere was last night in Europe.

Oh...well I wasn't there.

;)
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    shep wrote:

:lol: still waiting for the shadow rising ... next in line tho ... i may crumble and buy the paper back! ... haha
    polaris_x wrote:
    shep wrote:

:lol: still waiting for the shadow rising ... next in line tho ... i may crumble and buy the paper back! ... haha

I'm only 40 pages into a new spring... And i've got a lot of plans for this weekend... so you're gonna continue to kick my ass anyway....

However, getting back to GoT - thinking I'm going to sign up for the free HBO preview when I get home this evening so that I can watch the show live on Sunday.... don't know if I can hold out until the torrent is available, especially considering I'm finally completely caught up on The Walking Dead....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • I am flying to LA on Sunday and I picked my flight so that I would be in with plenty of time to spare in getting to the hotel to watch the first episode live.
    Boss: Don't you want to fly out of Philly later in the day so that you can enjoy Easter morning?
    Me: Re-birth-day hasn't got a thing on GoT!
    Boss: :fp:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I am flying to LA on Sunday and I picked my flight so that I would be in with plenty of time to spare in getting to the hotel to watch the first episode live.
    Boss: Don't you want to fly out of Philly later in the day so that you can enjoy Easter morning?
    Me: Re-birth-day hasn't got a thing on GoT!
    Boss: :fp:
    :D that is awesome

game%20of%20thrones%20beer.jpg

I found a bottle of Ommegang's Game of Thrones Blonde ale at my bottle shop. Last one they had and evidently it was lost. The guy at the cash register said "Where did you find this i've been looking for it. This is our last one"
    He went on to tell me how two guys game in yesterday and they only had a couple bottles and they both wanted two of them and thought they would fight over who got to buy them both. :?

I have my beer of choice for the season premier... it is known!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    How the shit was this on the 5th page?

4 hours to go bitches!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Reminder for anyone who needs a season 2 refresher...

14 minute Season 2 recap.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/11/ ... ecap-video
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I'm so fucking giddy right now! 2 more hours!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    Gonna have to catch it later cause Walking Dead is on at the same time. Ive been waiting a year to buy the seasons. I have free HBO today, (maybe for a week?) so i can watch it tonight when they replay it. good thing football season is over or id be confounded, with all the choices.
    Great start.

Question, was the old knight that saved Khaleesi at the end the same guy that quit from King Joffreys army in Kings Landing at the end of last season?
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I skipped all the recaps cuz of easter dinner and I have ZERO idea what I just watched.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • duska3419 wrote:
    I skipped all the recaps cuz of easter dinner and I have ZERO idea what I just watched.

:lol: so I'm not the only one! :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    duska3419 wrote:

:lol: so I'm not the only one! :lol:
    not at all...
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    downloading now :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    Great start.

Question, was the old knight that saved Khaleesi at the end the same guy that quit from King Joffreys army in Kings Landing at the end of last season?

Yes
    Ser Barriston the Bold!
    So happy to see him again. hopefully his partner shows up soon. Surely they did not write Strong Belwas out.

I was pretty happy with it for a start.

Only nerd rage moment was Ghost not being with Jon but whatever

The Dragons look REALLY good.

Next week Queen of Thorns Squeeeeeee!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    intodeep wrote:
    Ser Barriston the Bold!
    So happy to see him again. hopefully his partner shows up soon. Surely they did not write Strong Belwas out.

I was pretty happy with it for a start.

Only nerd rage moment was Ghost not being with Jon but whatever

The Dragons look REALLY good.

Next week Queen of Thorns Squeeeeeee!

Disappointing Ghost was not with Jon as well. Glad to see they kept the giants though. Lots of foreshadowing in that episode of things to come.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Dragons, Giants, Nipples and little creepy girls. I haven't caught up with the books yet but I'm glad Selmy's back. Can I assume that the crows killed all the Wight Walkers?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Dragons, Giants, Nipples and little creepy girls. I haven't caught up with the books yet but I'm glad Selmy's back. Can I assume that the crows killed all the Wight Walkers?

in the book, the crows only kill 1 wight walkers, and it's actually Sam that makes the kill. Or at least in the way they describe it in the book..

Good episode last night.. I signed up for a free 3 month preview of HBO yesterday, so looks like I'll be watching all the episodes live for a change... :lol:

i felt bad that I went to a GoT party where someone prepared a whole bunch of food out of the game of thrones cookbook, but I had to leave before the episode started....

Fortunately that meant I got to watch the DVR'ed episode at home with 5.1 surround sound and the new massive TV. 8-)

I'm glad that Dani has already arrived at Astapor... that should make the early episodes of the season much more interesting than I was expecting... :D

Gotta watch the finale of The Walking Dead tonight... :oops:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Yes, the Nights Watch won, or survived that battle. I wish GOT/HBO had the budget to show some more of these battles that they can only allude to on the show.
    Also, Tyrion owned every scene he was in last night. The scene with him and Tywin was awesome.
  • Also, Tyrion owned every scene he was in last night. The scene with him and Tywin was awesome.

Whole episode was awesome but I agree on Tyrion -- really looking forward to how his part is played this season; Peter Dinklage is fantastic.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Cersei needs to get laid.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Qyburn!
    I almost forgot about his introduction that was cool.

Not seeing the battle for the fist of the northmen was disapointing. That was so good in the book. And really saying the Crows survived is spot on. They got their tails handed to them and it was all they could do to escape.

Oh and I'm pretty sure we'll still see Sam the Slayer. That is too important for them to skip over. I am guessing it happens on their retreat back to the wall.

My boy Davos was going to cut a bitch :lol: I wish Davos would do it.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22