Options

A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    I still think there is some shit to go down with things beyond the wall.  Tormound and the free folk...and well...Ghost I suppose can't be done.  I have a feeling as they head back north or "far north", they encounter something

Every week there is a list of plot holes and head scratchers, and this was no different.  Just seems like they've gotten incredibly lazy, or were incredibly rushed or a combination of the two.  I'm still enjoying it though.  

I do think whatever ending there is, it's going to piss off a LOT of people.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    Does it bother anyone else how much noise the characters make when they drink wine? They all gulp like pigs  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    I liked this episode, I don't get the haters.

I thought after the night king they'd march down to an easy victory. I liked the surprise of losing a dragon like that, its going to make this battle very difficult. I thought they'd lose 1, or both dragons in this battle, but not before it. And seeing how easily it was taken down I would say Cersi may be at the advantage now with the size of her army compared to whats left of the Northern army.  
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    mace1229 said:

I thought after the night king they'd march down to an easy victory. I liked the surprise of losing a dragon like that, its going to make this battle very difficult. I thought they'd lose 1, or both dragons in this battle, but not before it. And seeing how easily it was taken down I would say Cersi may be at the advantage now with the size of her army compared to whats left of the Northern army.  
    yeah and all of those giant anti-dragon weapons lining the castle wall...the preview for next week shows Euron looking to the sky in amazement.  Maybe the got the dragon some armor or something.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    mace1229 said:

yeah and all of those giant anti-dragon weapons lining the castle wall...the preview for next week shows Euron looking to the sky in amazement.  Maybe the got the dragon some armor or something.
    Or maybe there's more dragons? Didn't one of the seasons end with a shot of some dragons far away in the ocean somewhere?
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I could be losing my mind, but I haven't watched any of the old seasons in a long time
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited May 2019
    mace1229 said:

Or maybe there's more dragons? Didn't one of the seasons end with a shot of some dragons far away in the ocean somewhere?
    That would be fun.  Maybe hundreds of baby dragons come and wipe out the fleet...Surely these dragons bred and laid eggs at some point, right???
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    mace1229 said:

Apparently one of the dragons disappeared for awhile back in season 4 and some seem to think that they were off having baby dragons...that sure would turn the tables.

On an extremely selfish note...my wife is due with baby #2 any day now.  Hopefully she has this baby today or tomorrow so I'm back home for the big battle on Sunday night!!  If not, I'll be watching it on my phone at the hospital!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    mace1229 said:

Apparently one of the dragons disappeared for awhile back in season 4 and some seem to think that they were off having baby dragons...that sure would turn the tables.

On an extremely selfish note...my wife is due with baby #2 any day now.  Hopefully she has this baby today or tomorrow so I'm back home for the big battle on Sunday night!!  If not, I'll be watching it on my phone at the hospital!
    Congrats!! 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    mace1229 said:

Good luck man!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    mfc2006 said:
    mace1229 said:

Congrats!! 

Hey now, jumping the gun a bit. He hasn’t made in home in time to watch episode 5 on the big screen yet. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    mace1229 said:

Congrats! Soooo, short list of baby names is Cersei, Arya or Dany Breaker of Chains for girls and Euron, Greyworm or The Hound for boys?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:

Congrats! Soooo, short list of baby names is Cersei, Arya or Dany Breaker of Chains for girls and Euron, Greyworm or The Hound for boys?
    Ha, I truly wonder how many people have used these characters to name their children now.  You know it’s going on!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:

Haha...it's a girl but unfortunately my wife isn't a fan of Arya or Sansa for the name!  Thanks for the kind words everyone!  
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:

Ha, I truly wonder how many people have used these characters to name their children now.  You know it’s going on!
    A member of my wife's family named their boy Tyrion.
    :eyeroll:
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:

Really?  At least Tyrion may hold up outside of the realm of GOT.  I bet any parents that named their child Gandalf years ago regrets it now...Different strokes I suppose.

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,765
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:

Seems like a SHORTsighted decision. 

Ba-da-ting!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

That would be fun.  Maybe hundreds of baby dragons come and wipe out the fleet...Surely these dragons bred and laid eggs at some point, right???
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiccup, Toothless and company can come and save the day!!!
    Image result for how to train your dragon
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:

Really?  At least Tyrion may hold up outside of the realm of GOT.  I bet any parents that named their child Gandalf years ago regrets it now...Different strokes I suppose.

I will name my son Maximus Decimus Meridius and when he does something stupid I will yell to him "I AM NOT ENTERTAINED!!!"
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    edited May 2019
    The Breaker of Diapers  Poop is coming ...
  • Options
    I remember reading that Khaleesi was popular for a year or two. Geeks and their baby naming...ugh. Anybody that names their kid after something they they’re a fan of deserves a choke slam.
  • Options
    The worst part about them naming their kid Tyrion is that they watch GoT with him in the room.  
    He is fucking 2-3 years old.  

There is no improving upon STUPID.  Hope the kid grows up to be smarter than his dumbass parents.
  • Options
    The worst part about them naming their kid Tyrion is that they watch GoT with him in the room.  

There is no improving upon STUPID.  Hope the kid grows up to be smarter than his dumbass parents.

More likely that he’ll drink and not know things.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242

Yikes! That's, um, progressive?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

More likely that he’ll drink and not know things.
    :lol:   
    Totally.

tbergs said:

Yikes! That's, um, progressive?
    If by progressive you mean moronic?  Yep.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    DewieCox said:
    I remember reading that Khaleesi was popular for a year or two. Geeks and their baby naming...ugh. Anybody that names their kid after something they they’re a fan of deserves a choke slam.
    I'm sure there are a lot of people than named their kids after members of a certain band. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiccup, Toothless and company can come and save the day!!!
    Image result for how to train your dragon
    Hahaha, that’s excellent!!!
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    I'm sure there are a lot of people than named their kids after members of a certain band. 
    Right, at least those are real “characters” :)
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mace1229 said:

Good luck man!
    Yeah, I remember having the maternity nurse find the Rangers game for me during my daughter's birth. I had to waste my tickets to the game because of her selfish act of being born. I wore my jersey to the hospital, hoping she'd get it over with quickly and in time for me to catch a cab to the Garden.

They were chasing a playoff spot. It looked good after that day, then the fucking Bullies finished them off two days later in the second game of the home and home.

She's an amazing hockey player now, so all is forgiven. But we had a few rough years there at the beginning.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    DewieCox said: