Options

A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    PJPOWER said:
    DewieCox said:
    I remember reading that Khaleesi was popular for a year or two. Geeks and their baby naming...ugh. Anybody that names their kid after something they they’re a fan of deserves a choke slam.
    I'm sure there are a lot of people than named their kids after members of a certain band. 
    Right, at least those are real “characters” :)
    “Vedder” makes me cringe.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited May 2019
    DewieCox said:
    PJPOWER said:
    DewieCox said:
    I remember reading that Khaleesi was popular for a year or two. Geeks and their baby naming...ugh. Anybody that names their kid after something they they’re a fan of deserves a choke slam.
    I'm sure there are a lot of people than named their kids after members of a certain band. 
    Right, at least those are real “characters” :)
    “Vedder” makes me cringe.
    I’m willing to bet it would make the real EV cringe as well.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    dankind said:
    mace1229 said:
    I liked this episode, I don't get the haters.

I thought after the night king they'd march down to an easy victory. I liked the surprise of losing a dragon like that, its going to make this battle very difficult. I thought they'd lose 1, or both dragons in this battle, but not before it. And seeing how easily it was taken down I would say Cersi may be at the advantage now with the size of her army compared to whats left of the Northern army.  
    yeah and all of those giant anti-dragon weapons lining the castle wall...the preview for next week shows Euron looking to the sky in amazement.  Maybe the got the dragon some armor or something.
    Or maybe there's more dragons? Didn't one of the seasons end with a shot of some dragons far away in the ocean somewhere?
    Apparently one of the dragons disappeared for awhile back in season 4 and some seem to think that they were off having baby dragons...that sure would turn the tables.

On an extremely selfish note...my wife is due with baby #2 any day now.  Hopefully she has this baby today or tomorrow so I'm back home for the big battle on Sunday night!!  If not, I'll be watching it on my phone at the hospital!
    Good luck man!
    Yeah, I remember having the maternity nurse find the Rangers game for me during my daughter's birth. I had to waste my tickets to the game because of her selfish act of being born. I wore my jersey to the hospital, hoping she'd get it over with quickly and in time for me to catch a cab to the Garden.

They were chasing a playoff spot. It looked good after that day, then the fucking Bullies finished them off two days later in the second game of the home and home.

She's an amazing hockey player now, so all is forgiven. But we had a few rough years there at the beginning.
    Nice.

I had to forgo a trip to MSG with my brother (Rangers honk) to see Rangers/Kings Stanley Cup Finals, which we always promised we would go and see together if both of our teams made it.....wife was on 'baby time' and told me that if I drove up to Manhattan when she could go into labor at any point that she would never forgive me. 
    Baby was not born until the 18th, which would have been after even game 7.  (Kings won in Game 5...)
    She was 2 weeks late, so I get why she was nervous.  She was in labor for 24 hours before they decided to cut him out, so I would have had plenty of time to leave MSG and get to the hospital, sheesh!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    The worst part about them naming their kid Tyrion is that they watch GoT with him in the room.  
    He is fucking 2-3 years old.  

There is no improving upon STUPID.  Hope the kid grows up to be smarter than his dumbass parents.
    Wow.  I get uncomfortable when I'm watching something with my 2 year old that is even remotely violent at all....how the fuck can you watch GoT with a kid that young???  I wonder how he felt about Missandei's beheading last week.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:

=) 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    The worst part about them naming their kid Tyrion is that they watch GoT with him in the room.  
    He is fucking 2-3 years old.  

There is no improving upon STUPID.  Hope the kid grows up to be smarter than his dumbass parents.
    Wow.  I get uncomfortable when I'm watching something with my 2 year old that is even remotely violent at all....how the fuck can you watch GoT with a kid that young???  I wonder how he felt about Missandei's beheading last week.
    Everyone is different, I guess, but there is no way to sell this to anyone who has a brain. 

(And, I am with you.  Luckily, our nearly 5 year old is a total wuss.  He is scared at Spider Man and Scooby Doo cartoons he tries to watch and bails after less than 5-10 minutes.  I would not show GoT to a 12 year old, much less a 2 year old.)
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    my 6 year old walked in my basement when I was randomly watching S7, episode 7.  He saw the dragon and thought it was awesome.  I wanted to change it but he made me keep it on.  He saw the wight and wasnt phased by it... but I think someone swore, and I turned it off and said that was enough.  
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    I don't mind as long as they spell the name as intended.

This is our son, Yob.  It's pronounced "Bob" but Cindy thought using a Y would make it unique and that someday he will be president ...
  • Options
    That was absolutely epic.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,756
    Holy chi chi's! How is she overthrown next week? Who does it? Who ends up on the throne?

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    Either Arya or Jon is going to have to kill Dany 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    whoa
  • Options
    I don't know if there is a throne anymore ...

So that was equivalent, theoretically, to one of the first atom bombs going off over a city in terms of mass causalities.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,380
    That was an insanely awesome episode.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Remember that scene in season 2 in the House of the Undying? Dany had a vision of walking through the Red Keep. The ceiling was broken open and there was this white stuff falling into the throne room. We assumed that was snow and that winter had come to the South. In this episode, at long last, Dany really is in King’s Landing and the Red Keep is being destroyed. But there’s no snow. We see that white stuff was actually ash. Dany’s the queen of the ashes. So this turn was foreshadowed from the show’s very early days.

- from Entertainment Weekly 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    Khaleesi has green eyes... 
  • Options
    Whoa.
    Loved it.  Was horrified, but best episode in a while.
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    An entertaining and enjoyable episode.
    If I had a complaint it would be the overuse of coincidence.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    Woahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I thought the Eunich was going to have her killed, guess not...

So.  Question.  When the one dragon went off for a while, remember that?  What are the odds that it went off and made baby dragons?

I just have a feeling that we aren't done with the dragons...
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
    That was unexpected. Awesome and horrifying episode. My only complaint is that the dragon was suddenly completely unstoppable. Poor Jon, fooled again. Arya has to be the queen slayer at this point. No one else knows her secret ability. Although will they allow a more happy ending or will this be the end of the Starks once and for all?

The only wildcard would be the dragon. Would Jon be able to control it or would they be able to put it down?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options

So.  Question.  When the one dragon went off for a while, remember that?  What are the odds that it went off and made baby dragons?

If this were a movie, I'd say this would be where we'd get an obligatory camera pan out and then slow focus back in on a little nest of eggs just starting to hatch somewhere on Pentos or Mereen, but I don't think that will happen unless they want to leave things open for a movie or short miniseries return. Since Ice has been defeated it is now time for fire to be defeated so the realm of men can return to a more peaceful time and rule under someone more just.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    tbergs said:

If this were a movie, I'd say this would be where we'd get an obligatory camera pan out and then slow focus back in on a little nest of eggs just starting to hatch somewhere on Pentos or Mereen, but I don't think that will happen unless they want to leave things open for a movie or short miniseries return. Since Ice has been defeated it is now time for fire to be defeated so the realm of men can return to a more peaceful time and rule under someone more just.
    I do not like your "fire and ice" theory but it totally makes sense.  Boo.  I wanted more dragons.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    Holy shit. That was a great episode!

I loved the Tyrion and Jamie scene; that was really well done. A little disappointed with the way Cersei went out though, it didn’t really fit her character to go out in tears.

Arya has to be the one to get Daenerys now.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    Well the mad queen is here!  Holy shit that was wild.  I don't think Jon will have the balls to kill her....Arya will take her out.  Jon obviously doesn't want the throne so my prediction is Sansa becomes queen and Jon is warden of the north.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Well the mad queen is here!  Holy shit that was wild.  I don't think Jon will have the balls to kill her....Arya will take her out.  Jon obviously doesn't want the throne so my prediction is Sansa becomes queen and Jon is warden of the north.
    If Jon Survives, a bittersweet ending is that he would be King, a position he truly does not want.  I could also see him leaving everyone and heading north above what is left of the wall. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    One other comment, I have given up on character development. I am highly entertained by this show yet as long as I forget about the past and what has come before.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    tbergs said:
    One other comment, I have given up on character development. I am highly entertained by this show yet as long as I forget about the past and what has come before.
    7 seasons of character development is enough and they’ve nailed the endings of every arc so far imo.
  • Options
    Im thinking Jon and Dany (and Drogon) are all goners.  Sansa/Tyrion/Davos become the voice of the people and abolish the Targaryan throne and King of the realm structure, and restore the Realm to 7 or 8 independent Kingdoms.  You already have several in place waiting

North - Sansa
    Iron Islands - Yara/Asha (iron islands may be considered riverlands or north?)
    Stormlands - Gendry
    West/Rock - Tyrion
    Riverlands/Riverrun - Edmure
    Highgarden/Reach - Bronn
    Vale - Robert/Robyn
    Dorne - Dunno, maybe Ellaria will be found, lol

• Options
    My favorite death of was the goofy golden company leader getting nuked from behind.  

Im now kinda glad Missandre got the chop. Greyworm is going to go pout to Dany after going on his kill/murder spree about dumbass Jon.  

In in regards to baby dragons, even if the dragons have gone full Jurassic Park asexual, the baby dragons would be wild and without human riders growing up so I don’t anticipate a baby dragon intervention. 
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I guess Greyworm survived but they didn't show him for a while.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer