Cliffy6745 wrote:
    2 weeks folks!!!

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!

woo-hoo!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    gates open at 9am on Sunday morning and I'll be making a mad dash to the main stage to have the front row! I saw PJ front row (thanks 10c) in 2000 and the opportunity to see them again like that is worth sitting in the sun/rain/snow all day and suffering through clutch for! 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    yield2me wrote:
    gates open at 9am on Sunday morning and I'll be making a mad dash to the main stage to have the front row! I saw PJ front row (thanks 10c) in 2000 and the opportunity to see them again like that is worth sitting in the sun/rain/snow all day and suffering through clutch for! 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!

I am still not sure where I am going to stake out. I guess I need to make my mind up but I am sure it will be a game-time decision.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Flagg wrote:
    yield2me wrote:

LOL!

I am still not sure where I am going to stake out. I guess I need to make my mind up but I am sure it will be a game-time decision.

haha

my wife & i were talking about this last night....i think we're going to make our way to the PJ stage about 1-2 hours before Dead Weather. there are just so many bands that we want to see that day. i still wish that Ben Harper played before PJ on that stage, but we love the Dead Weather..so it works out.

then there's the other side of it....there's a voice in the back of my mind telling me to go as early as possible for PJ...
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Flagg wrote:
    yield2me wrote:

LOL!

Im still on the fence with this, I think it will depend on how hot it is that day... Im sure I wont make up my mind until the day before, Im standing on the same spot for Kings Of Leon on Friday so that experience may help me decided.. Im excited!! 2 weeks... though I have PJ next weekend in Portland, this next couple of weekends are gonna be aewesome! :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • question: how in the heck do you eat, drink, or go to the bathroom if you get there at 9am??
  • question: how in the heck do you eat, drink, or go to the bathroom if you get there at 9am??

well you try to keep it to the bare minimum, drink slow and not to much just enough to stay hydrated, take cereal bars in your purse/bag and then make sure someone is holding your spot if you must go to the bathroom, like BF or GF or good friend, try to go to the bathroom as early as possible before PJs set :mrgreen:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • OttOtt Posts: 403
    Hopefully the latest weather trend stays here a couple weeks. They've moved the festival back a couple weeks, and after 60+ days of temps over 100 this summer, it's been hovering in the 80's the last couple weeks. And the sever drought is tapering off. I've got my fingers crossed that it sticks around. And I am trying to compromise w the gf about staking out a spot. Not first row, mind you, but for Lolla a couple years back, we had friends there around 12-1230 and they were behind the barricade. Plenty close, but I don't want to be immobile all day.
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • From what I've seen at ACL the past couple of years if you are there early and set up a spot (or base camp, as my friends and I call it), people are pretty good about respecting that. Usually one of us will stay with our stuff as everybody else goes from stage to stage or for food and bathroom breaks, but even for brief times when we all left no one has ever taken over our space. People moved in closer and right up to where we had set up as the day went on but nobody ever moved our stuff. Everybody has been pretty friendly that I've encountered.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • i cant hold my pee that long.
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    From what I've seen at ACL the past couple of years if you are there early and set up a spot (or base camp, as my friends and I call it), people are pretty good about respecting that. Usually one of us will stay with our stuff as everybody else goes from stage to stage or for food and bathroom breaks, but even for brief times when we all left no one has ever taken over our space. People moved in closer and right up to where we had set up as the day went on but nobody ever moved our stuff. Everybody has been pretty friendly that I've encountered.

yup. and as the time gets closer, you can move closer to the stage. we've done that for a few bands. we were in the 1st row for Bjork, MMJ, The Black Keys, The Raconteurs and a few others. Bjork got a little crazy b/c one of the speakers caught on fire & a lot of people started freaking out.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    13 days!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    From what I've seen at ACL the past couple of years if you are there early and set up a spot (or base camp, as my friends and I call it), people are pretty good about respecting that. Usually one of us will stay with our stuff as everybody else goes from stage to stage or for food and bathroom breaks, but even for brief times when we all left no one has ever taken over our space. People moved in closer and right up to where we had set up as the day went on but nobody ever moved our stuff. Everybody has been pretty friendly that I've encountered.

yup. and as the time gets closer, you can move closer to the stage. we've done that for a few bands. we were in the 1st row for Bjork, MMJ, The Black Keys, The Raconteurs and a few others. Bjork got a little crazy b/c one of the speakers caught on fire & a lot of people started freaking out.

Oh that was hilarious when she came back out and said, all Bjork-y: "Our speaker caught on fire! But we don't care, do we?" :lol:

I'm pretty sure the gates don't open at 9 am, do they? I thought they opened around 11...
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • I think the gates open at 10:00 a.m., but i could be mistaken
    Austin, TX
  • i think its 11am. but i really wouldn't know. living here, im spoiled, and just mosey on ever whenever i wake up, have my coffee and my noonish poop...
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    i posted this in my own thread, but i'll try my chances here as well...

Before I check out couchsurfing.org, would anyone on the board be willing to share their home or hotel room for the evening of Wednesday September 30th in Austin, Texas? My friend, who I will be spending the rest of the weekend with, had to switch his flight to Thursday October 1st for business reasons, and I cannot access his condo due to "fort knox"-like security during acl. Anyhow, I arrive in Austin at approximately 9:30 PM on 9/30, and I am open to virtually any options. I just checked hotwire, and there is a 2 star hotel available for $49 (plus taxes, fees, etc.), so that is my best alternative to this point. I would be willing to make an equitable contribution to any shared hotel accommodations, and could also offer other goods/services to any fan willing to take me in for the night. If you have further questions, concerns, or inquiries, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss any additional information at your convenience. Thank you very much for looking, I hope to receive a response!
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • good luck McJuicy. what part of town in that hotel in?
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Is anyone looking for a Sunday pass?
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Hey ACL vets ... where's the best place to catch the park 'n' ride?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do

my first year at acl, i did the whole shuttle thing. sunday night after ben harper the line for the shuttles was fucking massive. roomie and ended up walking back to the parking garage, which was like 16th and trinity or something.

let me go find a link...
    I miss you hippiemom.

my first year at acl, i did the whole shuttle thing. sunday night after ben harper the line for the shuttles was fucking massive. roomie and ended up walking back to the parking garage, which was like 16th and trinity or something.

let me go find a link...

Well, I guess my next question qould be ... how do you recommend getting around? I'm not opposed to just parking somewhere (a hotel, maybe) and grabbing a cab, if that will be easier. I just don't know about being able to find one after the show.
  • i park here. its an enclosed garage. always been around 7 or 8 bucks, even on acl weekend. and about a 30 min walk (i walk slow) to zilker park. its also where the pedicaps lineup, so if a 20-30 min walk is too much, you can hitch a ride for a small donation. ive never ever had trouble finding a spot here. and sometimes i dont mosey on out of the house till 1pm or 2pm. been parking here for years. and a stroll down barton springs road is part of the experience at acl.

http://www.palmereventscenter.com/

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=900 ... e&resnum=1
    I miss you hippiemom.

let me go find a link...

Well, I guess my next question qould be ... how do you recommend getting around? I'm not opposed to just parking somewhere (a hotel, maybe) and grabbing a cab, if that will be easier. I just don't know about being able to find one after the show.

hotel to and from zilker park, and you have a car, see my last post.

downtown aftershows, id pedicab, cab, or walk depending on where you are going. find the car later.
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Flip Happy Crepes is on that google map. How bad ass is that?
    I miss you hippiemom.
    I think the gates open at 10:00 a.m., but i could be mistaken

gates open at 9:00am folks
  • i didnt know they did this, for you folks flying in.

Early Wristband Redemption
    ABIA – Austin Bergstrom Int’l Airport
    West end of baggage claim near bag carousel 1 sign and Alamo/National Rent-A-Car

Thurs, Oct 1
    12noon – 8:00pm

Fri, Oct 2
    10:00am – 4:00pm
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • i park here. its an enclosed garage. always been around 7 or 8 bucks, even on acl weekend. and about a 30 min walk (i walk slow) to zilker park. its also where the pedicaps lineup, so if a 20-30 min walk is too much, you can hitch a ride for a small donation. ive never ever had trouble finding a spot here. and sometimes i dont mosey on out of the house till 1pm or 2pm. been parking here for years. and a stroll down barton springs road is part of the experience at acl.

Yeah, I know where that is. Just across Congress from my old college apartment. Used to be an auditorium like thing, until they tore it down and refurbished, right?

Yeah, I know where that is. Just across Congress from my old college apartment. Used to be an auditorium like thing, until they tore it down and refurbished, right?

i dunno if it was torn down or refurbished. but they redid the whole thing. parking garage is quite sizable. i actually drive in, and start going in the down/exit direction, and find a spot close to the exit. cause you never know.

anyways, that is an option. but there is always the shuttles. getting there they are quite good. getting back is a gamble.
    I miss you hippiemom.