Options

The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• Options
    Let me know how those other 3 end up tasting adam. Not a huge fan of double IPAs or Chili Bock, so I passed on those.

I'm sure you could still find that SN N.Hemisphere in places by you. I think it only hit shelves a week or two ago.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I did sierra nevada's tumbler this weekend.

Not bad but not exciting either.

Their torpedo 12 pack is only 12.99 now at my local total wine :D that is gonna be a go to beer for me from now on. Loev torpedo and that is a great price
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,504
    Let me know how those other 3 end up tasting adam. Not a huge fan of double IPAs or Chili Bock, so I passed on those.

I'm sure you could still find that SN N.Hemisphere in places by you. I think it only hit shelves a week or two ago.
    I'll try to remember to let you know how they are once I get to them. I'm a big fan of double IPAs so I'm looking forward to it. I don't know if I've ever had a bock with chocolate and chili in it, so it could go either way.

The SN Northern Hemisphere came and went at my local Total Wine. Here in Fort Myers, there's no other place to buy craft bottles so I doubt I'll end up finding one. My only real hope is them getting another case or the local beer bar, World of Beer, getting a few bottles.

To follow what I'm drinking, you can find me on Untappd at http://untappd.com/user/adam42381 and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/The_Hoppist. My BA reviews are at http://beeradvocate.com/user/profile/adam42381
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    intodeep wrote:

Their torpedo 12 pack is only 12.99 now at my local total wine :D that is gonna be a go to beer for me from now on. Loev torpedo and that is a great price
    Not a big Tumbler fan either. I'm going to be looking for some SN Torpedo if I can find it for that price at Total Wine. That's a very good price. I think it's normally around $15.99 for a 12 pack, right?
    adam42381 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

Not a big Tumbler fan either. I'm going to be looking for some SN Torpedo if I can find it for that price at Total Wine. That's a very good price. I think it's normally around $15.99 for a 12 pack, right?
    I actually had not seen it in a 12 pack until recently here in georgia, but maybe i just always missed it
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    adam42381 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

I actually had not seen it in a 12 pack until recently here in georgia, but maybe i just always missed it
    You know what, come to think of it, I don't think I've seen it in 12 packs either. I was thinking of SN Pale Ale. 6 packs of Torpedo are usually in the $8.99-$9.99 range here.
    Hey
    so if you are ever around the central jersey area this place is pretty cool for craft beer selections.

http://maloneyspubnj.com/

I like the Riverhorse beers and the Kasteel Rouge =)
    Live Life love people, you never know what battle they may be facing..

Your worth has always been there...don't argue with those who see it.just accept you are valuable.
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:

We had the same deal the last few weeks. I've probably had about 80 Tumblers this season. I think it's fantastic but I'm a sucker for brown ale.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    You guys ever see this? Interview with Anchor Brewing Co. owner/brewmaster Fritz Maytag. Pretty cool stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zc4p9Uwa_s
  • Options
    Cigar City Humidor IPA
    Bell's Hell Hath No Fury
    Dogfishhead Faithful Ale
    Allies Unite (combination amber beer by 21st amendmant and another brewery)

all are in at my local store which should i get?

I'm scared of the Faithful I dont like belgiums much
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    intodeep wrote:

Not really a belgian, but also not really all that great. Gotta give it a try though.
  • Options
    I got a recommendation from my trusted craft beer provider, so I grabbed Long Strange Tripel by Boulevard Brewing Company, Kansas City MO. Anyone try this yet? Their specialty is their Dubbel, Tripel and Quadrupel apparently.
  • Options
    Drinking a Bell's Winter White Ale. I love this shit.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    edited November 2011
    Watched 2 -1/2 gallon jugs of Yellow Snow go down tonight, plus some more assorted brews! Most of the others were local craft brews (some from Philips in Victoria). Great way to start the weekend!
    Post edited by guitar59 on
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    I got a recommendation from my trusted craft beer provider, so I grabbed Long Strange Tripel by Boulevard Brewing Company, Kansas City MO. Anyone try this yet? Their specialty is their Dubbel, Tripel and Quadrupel apparently.

Haven't had that one yet, but their Saison Brett and Dark Truth were both excellent. Heading up to VT for a baseball roundtable today...hoping to score some Heady Topper while I'm up there.
  • Options
    You guys ever see this? Interview with Anchor Brewing Co. owner/brewmaster Fritz Maytag. Pretty cool stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zc4p9Uwa_s
    Great video. He is a true pioneer of craft brewing. FYI, Fritz is no longer the owner of Anchor Brewing. He sold it in 2010.
    First winter beer this evening. Some Ommegang Adoration to go along with Sons of Anarchy.

Just saw some awful news that Ommegang may be forced to leave the Cooperstown area if they approve the proposed drilling in the area. That would piss me the fuck off.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Just saw some awful news that Ommegang may be forced to leave the Cooperstown area if they approve the proposed drilling in the area. That would piss me the fuck off.
    Nooooooo!!!!!!! Cliffy, this cant happen!!!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Dude, it cannot happen. I will not let it happen. It can't happen. I would cry.

Here's the article

http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x1267 ... s-to-leave
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Here's the article

We gotta chain ourselves to that entrance gate in solidarity. Just leave us a cold case of Abbey ale and we're fine.

Occupy Ommegang!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    We gotta chain ourselves to that entrance gate in solidarity. Just leave us a cold case of Abbey ale and we're fine.

Occupy Ommegang!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be there. The best and most productive occupy movement I have heard of to date. This really can't happen though.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,307
    anchor brew co, liberty ale.

eh, it's alright. few too many for a tuesday though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    anybody seen this?

if you see a six pack, take the time and read the bottom. :lol:

beers_brownshugga-sub.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Lazy Magnollia just came for Bama to Atlanta. I got a growler of Rebellion Ale. Its a pale Ale.

I was not that impressed. Don't think i would drink it again although it was not bad.

I'll give their stout a try next time.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Just got a couple bottles of Faithfull Ale, Bitches Brew and Hellhound.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Just got a couple bottles of Faithfull Ale, Bitches Brew and Hellhound.
    I missed Faithfull and Bitches at my bottle shop :( sold out before i could get there.

They had some Hellhound. how is that?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    intodeep wrote:

I find the belgian styles really hit or miss either I love them like Duvel or Bernardus 12 or I hate them like when I tried Delerium Tremens.
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Here's the article

Interesting story. Although I am surprised that Ommegang hired a non-profit law firm to represent them. They are owned by Duvel out of Belgium, which is a huge company (it appears that they are bigger than Sam Adams) you would think with that money behind them they could assemble a high priced crack legal team.
  • Options
    I tore thru all 12 of the Magic Hat Winterland variety pack and sadly no Ed Ved bottle cap.

I'll be switching to Ommegang Hennepin tonight in protest of the fracking situation. We gotta organize a march or protest or something to keep BO open.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I tore thru all 12 of the Magic Hat Winterland variety pack and sadly no Ed Ved bottle cap.

I'll be switching to Ommegang Hennepin tonight in protest of the fracking situation. We gotta organize a march or protest or something to keep BO open.

if you decide to set up an occupy the brewhouse....sign me up
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg