Options

The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Well today is a good day in Mizzip...I just discovered a wonderful beer store that has lots of beers you can't find anywhere else around here...really wide selection on the website from some of the breweries you guys have talked about and made me jealous and some others i've never heard of or read about. can't wait to go, but it's about 45 minutes away....it won't be long though

sweet....enjoy the ride..
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Drinking and loving Bitches Brew at the moment!!!

Do they have this at the brewpub right now? The new batch hasn't been released yet, right?

Heading down there tomorrow.
    It was released in pa on tuesday. I got my hands on 6 from the local places around my house. I have no idea whatthey have in Delaware. Id call ur places its deff out.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Drinking and loving Bitches Brew at the moment!!!

Do they have this at the brewpub right now? The new batch hasn't been released yet, right?

Heading down there tomorrow.
    It was released in pa on tuesday. I got my hands on 6 from the local places around my house. I have no idea whatthey have in Delaware. Id call ur places its deff out.

No shit. I stopped by the Foodery this week and they still haven't gotten Faithfull and don't have any info on Bitches. The restaurant will have it if its up here already though. Just going to head down there tomorrow for dinner and way too much beer.
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    LOVE this THREAD!! CHEERS TO CRAFT BEER!!!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Just picked up some more Pumkings and a new Victory Otto ale.

Make sure you save one for 81.

:lol:

These will be my last pumpkins this year. I overdid them this year and I overdid Oktoberfests last year.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    how do you know samual smith oatmeal stout is good?

gf was making a stew last night and needed beer for it. only beer i had was octoberfest and told her that would not do.

told her to go to the store and get a porter or stout that wasn't guiness

so she goes....and with the help of the beer guy workin gets the oatmeal stout.

pours most into the stew and then (shocking when i heard) decides to drink a little of the beer (she only has one or two drinks a year on avearge and generally hates beer)

i get home and she tells me this, and says she liked it. :shock:

so that's how you tell a beer is good.

and the stew was good as well. :shock: yeah, i know. :shock: :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    how do you know samual smith oatmeal stout is good?

gf was making a stew last night and needed beer for it. only beer i had was octoberfest and told her that would not do.

told her to go to the store and get a porter or stout that wasn't guiness

so she goes....and with the help of the beer guy workin gets the oatmeal stout.

pours most into the stew and then (shocking when i heard) decides to drink a little of the beer (she only has one or two drinks a year on avearge and generally hates beer)

i get home and she tells me this, and says she liked it. :shock:

so that's how you tell a beer is good.

and the stew was good as well. :shock: yeah, i know. :shock: :lol:

beer stew!?!? nice!
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

beer stew!?!? nice!

and it was good. :shock:

lamb beer stew. leftovers in the fridge. mmmm

funny thing, she isn't a great cook although i will give her credit for trying and improving. normally the first time she tries a reciepe it comes out bad...stew came out excellent. this one time she made dumplings and used a shit ton of baking soda instead of baking powder...yikes.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

beer stew!?!? nice!

funny thing, she isn't a great cook although i will give her credit for trying and improving. normally the first time she tries a reciepe it comes out bad...stew came out excellent. this one time she made dumplings and used a shit ton of baking soda instead of baking powder...yikes.

I accidentally did that once when I made a bazillion meatballs :oops:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

beer stew!?!? nice!

I accidentally did that once when I made a bazillion meatballs :oops:

uh...that first bite...omg nasty.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    There was another beer thread I posted this in ... but this is the thread I meant to post it in ... hurry up work, this is waiting for me at home ...
    jimed14 wrote:
    Been having this quite a bit recently ...

Lagunitas is known for their IPA. This is a blend of an amber and an IPA ... as an amber beer lover, this is a perfect mix when you don't want the full bite of an IPA.

IMG_0877.JPG

oh, and it's called CENSORED as it was originally called KRONIK (which you can somewhat see in the label) but the FDA wouldn't allow them to use that name for a beer.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    There was another beer thread I posted this in ... but this is the thread I meant to post it in ... hurry up work, this is waiting for me at home ...
    jimed14 wrote:
    Been having this quite a bit recently ...

Lagunitas is known for their IPA. This is a blend of an amber and an IPA ... as an amber beer lover, this is a perfect mix when you don't want the full bite of an IPA.

IMG_0877.JPG

oh, and it's called CENSORED as it was originally called KRONIK (which you can somewhat see in the label) but the FDA wouldn't allow them to use that name for a beer.

i always wondered what it was suppose to be....

good beer as well

did you ever see this movie

Poster_Electric_Apricot.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Hell hound,Bitches brew,PJ20,Founders breakfast stout,Southern tier Mohka or Brooklyn black choc stout to start the night????????
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    81, no sign of that brand you recommended in my area.

Headed over youngster's for the evening to enjoy some:

Harpoon Grateful Harvest Cranberry Ale
    Anchor Brewing Porter
    Long Trail Triple Bag
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    81, no sign of that brand you recommended in my area.

Headed over youngster's for the evening to enjoy some:

Anchor Brewing Porter
    Long Trail Triple Bag

bummer....

:(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    went with the old Stone IPA

6.9% of pure goodness
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    Bridge Burner from Lakefront in Milwaukee has been poured. Mr. Guitar is drinking it..wish we had 2 bottles :(
    I had a sniff and a couple tastes, and it was good. It is difficult to get the American micro brews up in Western Canada. We could get Dogfish Head for a while, but they stopped sending it up here.
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    intodeep wrote:
    The great thing about craft beer is it is so regional. The worst thing about craft beer is it is so regional.....
    This is so true...we love our local craft brew...but wish for so much more. When we visited Oregon this summer it was like we died and went to heaven. The selection was amazing! Every time I went for groceries I came home with a few more 6 packs. When we returned home and crossed the border we had our limit and a few more. We probably brought back 2 or 3 from every 6 pack we bought, as well as a lot of Dead Guys from Rogue, you just don't get 24 craft brews for $25 in Canada.
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,504
    Picked up a PJ 20 Faithfull Ale today at Total Wine. Not especially looking forward to it after reading reviews, but I couldn't pass it up.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    Picked up a PJ 20 Faithfull Ale today at Total Wine. Not especially looking forward to it after reading reviews, but I couldn't pass it up.

It's just alright. Fun to drink though.
  • Options
    Looking forward to getting my hands on Stone's 11.11.11 Epic Vertical Ale this week.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Picked up some goodies to save for Christmas week:

Samuel Adams - Griffin's Bow - Oaked Blonde Barley Wine Ale - 11.5%
    Somerville Brewing Company - Slumbrew Happy Sol - Hefeweizen brewed with blood oranges, honey and coriander
    Long Trail - Triple Bag 4pack - 9.2%

The Anchor Porter was excellent this weekend, and so was the Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Harvest wet hop. One week till SN Celebration Ale.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Sierra Nevada makes some excellent beers.

Samual Adams...not so much. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488

Hmm, that seems to be a new one ... I'm excited as it's almost time for ...

Harpoon_Winter_Warmer.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Its arrived here in MA already jimed. Had 2 of those this weekend too. Winter Warmers are awesome. However, don't waste your money on that Grateful Harvest Cran Ale. It's terrible and I'm a cranberry fan.
  • Options
    Its arrived here in MA already jimed. Had 2 of those this weekend too. Winter Warmers are awesome. However, don't waste your money on that Grateful Harvest Cran Ale. It's terrible and I'm a cranberry fan.

It's here in PA too.
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    81 wrote:

crazy talk
  • Options
    conman wrote:
    81 wrote:

crazy talk
    +1 Sam Adams is awesome in my book
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Sierra Nevada makes some excellent beers.

While they may not be as experimental as other craft breweries, they make great gateway beers for those who are venturing out. They also make a few fine beers that stand up with the best craft beer offerings. Oh, and Utopias is phenomenal.
    Picked up some goodies to save for Christmas week:

Samuel Adams - Griffin's Bow - Oaked Blonde Barley Wine Ale - 11.5%
    Somerville Brewing Company - Slumbrew Happy Sol - Hefeweizen brewed with blood oranges, honey and coriander
    Long Trail - Triple Bag 4pack - 9.2%

The Anchor Porter was excellent this weekend, and so was the Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Harvest wet hop. One week till SN Celebration Ale.
    I picked up all four of the new Sam Adams beers: Griffin's Bow, The Vixen Chocolate Chili Bock, Tasman Red IPA and Third Voyage Double IPA. I'm looking forward to trying all of them. I also picked up a St. Bernardus Christmas Ale.

I hate that I missed out on the Northern Hemisphere Harvest this year. I can't wait for Celebration to hit shelves. Easily one of my favorites each winter.