Options

Any Rumours on support acts yet?

Comments

• Options
    sultryeveningsultryevening Posts: 522
    Former Cell Mates

great little band
    supported the Gaslight Anthem quite a bit
    Some people have to have the sultry evenings Cocktails in the blue, red and grey But I like every minute of the day.
    INTER-FUCKING-MISSION!!!
    Newcastle-Riverside 02/22/92!!!
    E.rutherford New Jersey 01/06/06
    Athens -Greece.survived !barely-
    Wembley 18/06/07- no words- just smiles!
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Therapy?

Saw them last night and they rocked hard! Great energy! They're promoting a new album too...
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    strummers wrote:
    Therapy?

Saw them last night and they rocked hard! Great energy! They're promoting a new album too...

They're playing Download festival... I'm gonna go see 'em 8-)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,667
    How about no opener and an extra hour of PJ. That's what I'm hoping for, but if not......................

The Gaslight Anthem!!!!!
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Gogol Bordello and Rodrigo y Gabriela would both be great.

I like me some MMJ, but I think I want that the most pretty much because it means it'll be great watching how tortured Sandra's face is after all that queueing, just to be trapped at front row to see MMJ :)
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    PushinPaintPushinPaint Posts: 431
    How about The Fratellis? No one has mentioned them yet. they would be awesome i think.
  • Options
    CalumCalum Posts: 635
    JM174075 wrote:
    How about The Fratellis? No one has mentioned them yet. they would be awesome i think.

are you kidding me! there utter SHIT. there songs are just noises,, either a whistle or some other pathetic noise... PJ would never tour with such shit.
    London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
  • Options
    wnh1977wnh1977 Iowa Posts: 596
    SUPERSUCKERS !!!
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006: 5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
    2024: 5/18
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Hinn wrote:
    Gogol Bordello and Rodrigo y Gabriela would both be great.

I like me some MMJ, but I think I want that the most pretty much because it means it'll be great watching how tortured Sandra's face is after all that queueing, just to be trapped at front row to see MMJ :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    And she is away for a week so cannot fight back :lol::lol::lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,142
    mvw wrote:
    How about no opener and an extra hour of PJ. That's what I'm hoping for, but if not......................

The Gaslight Anthem!!!!!

!!!!!!!!! ;)
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Calum wrote:
    JM174075 wrote:

are you kidding me! there utter SHIT. there songs are just noises,, either a whistle or some other pathetic noise... PJ would never tour with such shit.
    I think the fratellis are great... nothing wrong with em at all.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Jennytree wrote:
    JordyWordy wrote:

Fair enough :) The first 3 though would be preferential. Me 1st & Gimmes would be amazing, i watched them before the PJ Hurricane 07 set, and it was so much fun. what a band!

I'd take Damo or Mogwai over Paddy Casey/Ted Leo & Pharmacists-esque openers anyday though! have you seen Mogwai live? wouldnt put you to sleep!! "Mood building" shall we say.... 8-)

I didn't even watch Ted Leo! And aren't Mogwai gone kaput? I did get to see The Futureheads three times *joy*

The show in Nijmegen suited me perfectly. Kings of Leon were a bit useless, but Incubus before PJ was just ideal - especially in such a setting as Goeffert Park.
    three times???? :shock: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... they seem like nice guys and all BUT seriously! They played the one song over and over again in Copenhagen :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Jack Johnson, G. Love, and Ben Harper together. With special guest.....Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,572
    Jennytree wrote:
    The show in Nijmegen suited me perfectly. Kings of Leon were a bit useless, but Incubus before PJ was just ideal - especially in such a setting as Goeffert Park.

I agree, incubus were great and a very fitting support act.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    Ben Harper and Relentless7

http://www.myspace.com/benharper
  • Options
    CalumCalum Posts: 635
    Calum wrote:
    JM174075 wrote:

I think the fratellis are awful... everything wrong with

agreed :D
    London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Ben Harper and Relentless7

http://www.myspace.com/benharper

i suppose they would give me more time at the bar..

this thread contains more shit bands than the 1997 Smash Hits Poll Winners Party

urgh
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    dunkman wrote:

this thread contains more shit bands than the 1997 Smash Hits Poll Winners Party

urgh

I had to google that... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0210990/
    I had such a crush on Abs Breen :oops:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,886

FAITH NO MORE
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    No doubt it'll be some semi obscure boring 'punk' act that'll bore us to tears..thats been the MO the last few tours..boooring..
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,259
    come to think of it, the order of bands i saw at PJs day at Hurricane 07 (not all on same stage, but still) was pretty awesome. so any of them would be great! my day went like this:

Pearl Jam
    Me First & The Gimme Gimmes
    Sonic Youth
    Kings Of Leon
    Porcupine Tree
    Juliette & The Licks (actually were great banter live - i went to them expecting them to be CRAP)
    Isis
    Howling Bells

QOTSA, Explosions In The Sky, Gutter Twins, Dr. Dog are other ones id be happy with!
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,361
    JordyWordy wrote:
    Juliette & The Licks (actually were great banter live - i went to them expecting them to be CRAP)

Not sure if they'd be a good PJ support band but Juliette & The Licks are a bit of fun live. Juliette Lewis stood on my shoulders at Lollapalooza when she stagedived into the crowd. I've got a cool photo of it somewhere, my camera was in my left hand and Juliette's leg is in my right hand!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    asher7asher7 Posts: 85
    this would be totally incredible, and all the bands are supposed to be touring/playing this summer:

PEARL JAM
    Sonic Youth
    Dinosaur Jr
    Mudhoney

MAKE IT HAPPEN!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

urgh

I had to google that... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0210990/
    I had such a crush on Abs Breen :oops:

did ye see how many shit bands were on that though... i could have picked any year of that award though... they were all totally shit. :lol:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Sgt.PepperSgt.Pepper Posts: 41
    BIFFY CLYRO!!!!
    Rome '96
    Bologna '06
    Verona '06
    Pistoia '06
    Venice '07
    London '07
    Manchester '09
    Berlin '10
    Venice '10
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I heard that CREED is going to be opening up for Pearl Jam during their European shows. ;)
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    alliw719alliw719 Posts: 99
    Somebody mentioned Iron & Wine earlier. I dig them!
    "Mona Lisa must have had the highway blues you can tell by the way she smiles."
  • Options
    I heard that CREED is going to be opening up for Pearl Jam during their European shows. ;)

and i heard that joke back in 1994 ;)
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    hey dunk, you heard the new Ben Harper album yet???
    fantastic stuff! Relentless 7 supporting makes a great support act
    Bet you are after some scottish bastard on stage so ye can dance around with ya kilt around your nipples :lol::lol::lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    Calum wrote:
    JM174075 wrote:

I think the fratellis are great... nothing wrong with em at all.

I agree... I think they've got some good songs to bop along too... nothing too complex but quite enjoyable :D

Calum obviously thinks 'THEY'RE utter shit' though... that's his opinion and he's entitled to it :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.