Options

Any Rumours on support acts yet?

Comments

• Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    heard them at a show earlier this year, was too busy drinking beer to see them :lol:
    they were at a show playing before "The Music", now they would make an AMAZING support!
    Another band i would see whenever they are around 8-)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    hey dunk, you heard the new Ben Harper album yet???
    fantastic stuff! Relentless 7 supporting makes a great support act
    Bet you are after some scottish bastard on stage so ye can dance around with ya kilt around your nipples :lol::lol::lol:

i wouldnt listen to Ben Harper's faux-soul voice if you personally bought me the cd and then paid me to listen to it... he bores me so much that when Indifference comes on the LATG dvd i usually go and watch my neighbours freshly painted fence dry.

talking of scottish bastards... they will probably just get Idlewild again.

i know they are not cool to like but Gomez or Supergrass would be alright with me... something i can just listening along to... nothing to energetic ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    dunkman wrote:
    i know they are not cool to like but Gomez or Supergrass would be alright with me... something i can just listening along to... nothing to energetic ;)

Saw Supergrass open for PJ in either 98 or 2000 at Alpine Valley. I think it was 98. I think 2000 was Frank Black. Has PJ had the same band open for them on different tours before?
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    jack_bass_playerjack_bass_player Posts: 1,126
    the fratellis?!?!?!?!

EURGH! no thanks.
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    Bet you are after some scottish bastard on stage so ye can dance around with ya kilt around your nipples :lol::lol::lol:

i wouldnt listen to Ben Harper's faux-soul voice if you personally bought me the cd and then paid me to listen to it... he bores me so much that when Indifference comes on the LATG dvd i usually go and watch my neighbours freshly painted fence dry.

nothing soul about this one!
    rock and rockin blues all the way!
    Idlewild were ok, but they have supported twice already, although i do like them, and working for their record lable at the time could have probably got backstage in 07! but i prefered to hang out with you :lol: bad choice :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• Options
    asher7asher7 Posts: 85
    Sgt.Pepper wrote:
    BIFFY CLYRO!!!!

good shout! - love the biffy, seen them 3 times already, never fail to dissapoint!
  • Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    foo fighters?
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    SkeeterB wrote:
    foo fighters?
    And why would a band that sold out 2 nights at Wembley Stadium support on a tiny arena tour? :|
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    fowls wrote:
    SkeeterB wrote:
    foo fighters?
    And why would a band that sold out 2 nights at Wembley Stadium support on a tiny arena tour? :|
    Exactly. A band that played with Zeppelin too. 8-)

Plus they're way bigger than PJ over here anyways.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    asher7 wrote:
    Sgt.Pepper wrote:
    BIFFY CLYRO!!!!

good shout! - love the biffy, seen them 3 times already, never fail to dissapoint!
    Oh god... I'd rather eat my own arms... :roll:

My boyfriend would be front row with a beaming grin though... I guess i'd like to see him that happy at a gig :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    Murderers wrote:
    fowls wrote:
    SkeeterB wrote:
    foo fighters?
    Exactly. A band that played with Zeppelin too. 8-)

Plus they're way bigger than PJ over here anyways.

i was referring to the Chicago show. I should've made that clear. just some gossip i heard. that's all it is, gossip, as the title of this thread infers.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    Turbonegro are the support band and they will play (He's a) Grunge Whore.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I'm all for Gomez or The Trews or Wintersleep.
    I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY OTHERS!!!!!!!
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,244
    Plus they're way bigger than PJ over here anyways.[/quote]

i was referring to the Chicago show. I should've made that clear. just some gossip i heard. that's all it is, gossip, as the title of this thread infers.[/quote]

I'd make sure to show up right AFTER the foo fighters played if they are the Chicago opener.
  • Options
    asher7asher7 Posts: 85
    foo fighters globally, are almost as big as PJ. Over here (in the UK)they are, if anything slightly bigger.

No way they would support them. Just wont happen. Besides Foos are currently on a short hiatus before they start thinking about stuff for a new album.

Even if this rumour or whatever it is were true, they would have had to be announced at the same time - as a joint tour, which is almost even less likely.
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    If the band happens to be reading for suggestions i'll make one more request for Gomez. This would need to be on the west coast tour.

others i'd applaud:
    Band Of Horses
    Blitzen Trapper
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    Erik1977Erik1977 Heerlen Posts: 140
    Dinosaur JR!!!

Besides, they'll also have a new album out soon, so timing would be good.
    2000 Pinkpop
    2006 Arnhem, Antwerp
    2007 Düsseldorf, Nijmegen
    2009 Rotterdam, London
    2010 London, Nijmegen, Berlin, Arras, Werchter
    2012 Manchester I, Amsterdam I + II, Werchter, Berlin I + II, Stockholm
    2013 Brooklyn I + II, Philly I + II
    2014 Amsterdam I + II, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Werchter, Leeds
    2016 Fenway I + II
    2018 Amsterdam I + II, Pinkpop, London I + II, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Seattle I + II
    2022 Pinkpop, Zürich, Frankfurt, London I + II, Prague , Amsterdam I, Amsterdam II
    2023 Austin I + II

• Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    asher7 wrote:
    Sgt.Pepper wrote:
    BIFFY CLYRO!!!!

Indeed a good shout, Biffy would be amazing. Hope it's not Ben Harper despite being a fan as I'm seeing him support Young Neil. His new stuff sounds great though.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I've had enough of KOL opening for PJ they have done it now on 2 separate tours and I don't like them anymore anyway ;) MMJ have also toured with PJ twice... I would love to see them open for MMJ but can;t see that happening this year. MMJ look like they are taking some time off. That would be a great opener though or the 2 non festival dates announced so far.

I would have to say either The Black Keys, The Hold Steady or Wilco get my vote... Even though Wilco would almost be a double bill (well it would for me anyway).
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:
    I've had enough of KOL opening for PJ they have done it now on 2 separate tours and I don't like them anymore anyway ;) MMJ have also toured with PJ twice... I would love to see them open for MMJ but can;t see that happening this year. MMJ look like they are taking some time off. That would be a great opener though or the 2 non festival dates announced so far.

I would have to say either The Black Keys, The Hold Steady or Wilco get my vote... Even though Wilco would almost be a double bill (well it would for me anyway).

Yeah, i have to think KOL is too big to be opening for them at this time. They're playing arenas as a headliner now. MMJ is taking some time off from what i've heard as well (though it would be amazing to have them again).

As for Wilco, it would be great but I don't think it would ever happen. Wilco seems to be a band that does their own thing. I don't even think they would want to open for PJ.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    How about the Heartless Bastards?
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Well I guess even the slightest notion of a rumour thread is completely lost now :D
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    The Hold Steady would be sweet. It pains me that they are opening up for Counting Crows and Dave Matthews this summer. PJ would more than make up for it.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    dunkman wrote:

woo-hoo... i guessed right... what do i win?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

a slap in the face :roll:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    gomez for europe..here we go..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,924
    gomez for europe..here we go..

tenacious D for north america .. here we go ..

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Sonic Youth would be sweet.
  • Options
    NitroNitro Posts: 264
    dunkman wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

Unless I'm missing something, I'm actually quite impressed.
  • Options
    If the band happens to be reading for suggestions i'll make one more request for Gomez. This would need to be on the west coast tour.

others i'd applaud:
    Band Of Horses
    Blitzen Trapper

Heh heh, nice!