Options

Any Rumours on support acts yet?

Comments

• Options
    SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    having recently discovered the gaslight anthem, I vote for them :D
    t

Nice call. That would be awesome and the don´t play any shows so far in August
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,247
    Schoki wrote:
    t

Nice call. That would be awesome and the don´t play any shows so far in August

They're in the UK for Reading and Leeds a couple of weeks later. They'd be excellent support, seen them 3 times already this year and seeing them again in June at the Forum and supporting Bruce in Hyde Park!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    worldsrivalworldsrival Posts: 260
    i'd love the decemberists to support but they have a date in michigan on the 11th so cant see that happening. guess i'll just have to hope they get added to outside lands instead

if nothing is everything i would have it all
  • Options
    AnglaisAnglais Posts: 83

The Gaslight Anthem would be awesome, would love that
  • Options
    MarielleMarielle Posts: 25
    faith no more would be nice
    they're doing 4 or 5 european festivals as from 20 August
    They should open for pearl jam 13-18 August

white lies or pixies would be nice as well
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Doesn't Alice in Chains have an album coming out in September. Regardless i don't think PJ would do this, as it would be billed as something "grungy". I'd rather they didn't as well

I would love to see MMJ head out with them again but that isn't happening. They are taking a road break from what i've heard.

I am still holding out hope for Gomez (big PJ fans and an amazing live act). But it most likely won't happen either.

I really hope it's not BH and the Relentless 7. I used to love that dude but he bores me to tears now
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    Doesn't Alice in Chains have an album coming out in September. Regardless i don't think PJ would do this, as it would be billed as something "grungy". I'd rather they didn't as well

I would love to see MMJ head out with them again but that isn't happening. They are taking a road break from what i've heard.

I am still holding out hope for Gomez (big PJ fans and an amazing live act). But it most likely won't happen either.

I really hope it's not BH and the Relentless 7. I used to love that dude but he bores me to tears now

Gomez would be great, but can you make that sort of comment about Ben Harper without hearing the new album, and seeing them do it live! No sleepy snoozy boring stuff there, just balls to the floor blues and rock :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    InMyTree4 wrote:
    dont forget about jeffs album...id love to her a few of those as an opener too...maybe the whole band could do a few songs of there solo stuff each as an opener but it would be alot more work for them

let jeff come out and go nuts !!!!!!!
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Something better than The Futureheads, please.

AIC is playing at Knebworth for Sonisphere in early August. Ideally they'd just stay for a bit of a holiday between Knebworth and make their way to Rotterdam and go from there.

More likely it'd be someone playing at V fest the week after.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Just found out that State Radio are also playing ACL..
    if they'd open for PJ in Europe, I'd wet myself!!
  • Options
    CalumCalum Posts: 635
    I'm with veddersoup, new BH album rocks!
    London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
  • Options
    solace23solace23 Posts: 704
    LIAM FINN!!!!!!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Murderers wrote:
    It's not the 80's and we're talking about U2? :shock:

:lol::lol::lol:

anyway why do we need a support?? I'd rather give it a miss totally and have a slightly longer set from the main men
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,089
    Sonic Youth are in Europe this summer. My Morning Jacket hasn't announced any new shows. Chris Cornell (haha) is in Europe in june at least.

But I don't think it'll be a band I'm familiar with :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    edited April 2009
    Anglais wrote:

The Gaslight Anthem would be awesome, would love that

The Gaslight Anthem!!!

Others:

Mudhoney
    Sonic Youth
    Iron & Wine
    My Morning Jacket
    Death Cab for Cutie
    Post edited by raindog80 on
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Gaslight anthem would be great.
    Also, I'd love to see The Airborn Toxic Event.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Gaslight anthem would be great.
    Also, I'd love to see The Airborn Toxic Event.

now that sounds like a band name you just made up! :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    ooh, you gotta check them out. Great new band - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTctlgFCtXE
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    PurlyjemPurlyjem Posts: 126
    The Gaslight Anthem...absolutely one of the most boring shows I have seen this year.
    Good album, but very, VERY boring show.

I hate U2.
    (yes, I just bitch about them!)
    I absolutely love 4 songs from them though. But I just hate them, and all the stories I have heard about them from a friend who worked for them for 10 years.

My dream support act would be Mudhoney.
    Then the guys can get togther and play some Green River tunes as well!
    "I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.."
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    ooh, you gotta check them out. Great new band - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTctlgFCtXE

thanks for that. pretty good. :mrgreen:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    I would be ecstatic if it was The Gaslight Anthem. Since discovering them earlier this year their two records have been on heavy rotation on my ipod.

Smart money must be on Idlewild again though. Like someone else said, their new record is due soon and PJ are fond of them.

I wouldn't mind if it was Ted Leo & The Pharmacists again....they were good fun on the US shows last year.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    I hope ther´s no support act....let PJ play for 3 hours instead....
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Options
    CraneCrane Posts: 192
    Idlewild would be pretty sweet actually.............or maybe Manics? New album is bitchin
    "The mind is a wonderfull thing to be altered"

The Point, Dublin 2006
    Bercy, Paris September 11, 2006
    ISS Dome, Dusseldorf, 2007
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257

What are the odds, they're playing in Dublin this Sunday (3rd May) in The Academy! €15, not bad.
  • Options
    Brownie9160Brownie9160 Posts: 190
    I think the Gaslight Anthem would be cool to see (if I was going)...I've heard a cover they do of 'State of Love and Trust' and it was pretty good. They are obviously fans of PJ and I think the band would (or does) dig their sound.
    Hartford 06
    Bonnaroo 08
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield I & II 08
    E.V. Boston I & II 08
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,089
    Isn't Bad religion realesing a new album, and Alice In Chains? One of those would be really cool :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    solace23solace23 Posts: 704
    My guess is that it won't be anyone big! This is basically a warm up for the US dates. I think we will hear some experimentation and some new songs
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I'll do it, for beer. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

You're so cheap :roll:

It would be nice though if they had a local band at each gig.....
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    redrock wrote:

You're so cheap :roll:

It would be nice though if they had a local band at each gig.....

A local such as Paddy Casey?? :lol:

Oceansize
    Amplifier
    Bad Religion's a good call too
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>