Options

**** Pearl Jam European Tour Dates ****

Comments

• Options
    I wonder if they will add Italy to the tour?
    It doesn't seem like very many shows

But I hope it doesn't happen until after May 15th cuz I am broke right now.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,304
    HOLY CRAP!!! KEEP THINKIN I'M GONNA WAKE UP AND THIS IS ALL A DREAM!!! got manchester tickets and can't wait! Thought i had missed out when i read the email from tenclub, i don't check my emails that often! Boy i'm one lucky pup i checked them tonight! my heart is still racing...... this is so unhealthy for a grown man of 35!! :o:D
    YES,,36,,BUT IM PLANNING TO GO TO THE 4 CONCERTS AND THEN IM GONNA DEAL MY HEART
    :lol:
    Would love to go to all them but its bad enough having to tell my wife when she comes in that i bought manchester tickets , never mind telling her i'm going to four ! still hope she understands but i done alot of begging for that super delux box set a few weeks ago!! i 'll let you know how it goes... :evil:
    SEND HER TO HAWAII FOR VACATIONS,AS A GIFT FOR HER UNDERSTANING,AND U GO FOR EDDIE SOLO TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Niko80 wrote:
    I find the ticket policy a bit strict, dont you agree? I mean, if I was to get sick I cannot transfer the tickets over to another ten c member. No selling or exchanging either, which makes me 100% stuck with the tickets I buy. This makes me think they are more than happy to sell these tickets, but want nothing more to do with them. Especially considering how helpful they have been with ticket transfers in previous tours. It worked great and it helped out alot of people. Why take this option away...? Makes little sense to me.

Im I way off here?

you're way off. ;)
    seriously, the *policy* was ALWAYS meant to be no refunds/transfers/exchanges.....and yes, they were lenient with it for a long while. couple tours ago they cracked down and stopped doing it, and really.....that's how the policy has been and so they should stick to it. bottomline, NO one should buy 10c tix unless they are absolutely sure they want to, and can, go to the show. sure, obviously sometimes life gets in the way, things happen.....but that could happen last minute with any tix and basically you'd be SOL. it's all buyer beware. i personally don't have a problem with it, think it's pretty fair overall.....and it's a lot of extra work for 10c to handle changes and the like.

anyhoooo...those hitting up some shows.....ENJOY!

8-)
    I would agree if we had more than 2 seconds notice to make that call.

and yes there was no need to rush, in retrospect..but my experience from the last 3 years was within minutes shows sold out so there was no way I was going to take even 10 minutes to think about it..didn't even read the announcement pass the part when I understood it was already on sale (and so didn't know it was no early entries until after I'd bought them .. mind you, that removes any scruples about wriggling my way to the front as I'd normally do at any other show :P)
    I even got my purchase confirmation email 5 minutes before the announcement one :roll:

Re Berlin selling out: it's the only one with Early entry, which makes me think it had far less 10c tickets available
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Is Berlin REALLY sold out, or do non-europeans have something to look forward to in three days?? I mean, I get wht 10c did this, but as ISRAEL is considered Non-european at this point, when would we EVER be considered?
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    Niko80 wrote:
    I find the ticket policy a bit strict, dont you agree? I mean, if I was to get sick I cannot transfer the tickets over to another ten c member. No selling or exchanging either, which makes me 100% stuck with the tickets I buy. This makes me think they are more than happy to sell these tickets, but want nothing more to do with them. Especially considering how helpful they have been with ticket transfers in previous tours. It worked great and it helped out alot of people. Why take this option away...? Makes little sense to me.

Im I way off here?

you're way off. ;)
    seriously, the *policy* was ALWAYS meant to be no refunds/transfers/exchanges.....and yes, they were lenient with it for a long while. couple tours ago they cracked down and stopped doing it, and really.....that's how the policy has been and so they should stick to it. bottomline, NO one should buy 10c tix unless they are absolutely sure they want to, and can, go to the show. sure, obviously sometimes life gets in the way, things happen.....but that could happen last minute with any tix and basically you'd be SOL. it's all buyer beware. i personally don't have a problem with it, think it's pretty fair overall.....and it's a lot of extra work for 10c to handle changes and the like.

8-)

and yes there was no need to rush, in retrospect..but my experience from the last 3 years was within minutes shows sold out so there was no way I was going to take even 10 minutes to think about it..didn't even read the announcement pass the part when I understood it was already on sale (and so didn't know it was no early entries until after I'd bought them .. mind you, that removes any scruples about wriggling my way to the front as I'd normally do at any other show :P)
    I even got my purchase confirmation email 5 minutes before the announcement one :roll:

Re Berlin selling out: it's the only one with Early entry, which makes me think it had far less 10c tickets available
    yes,,there is not time,,last year in msg 1,2 pre-sale i clik the time its get out and the next time is SOLD OUT...i buy berlin first too,and after the other 3,,and after i see in my order page the purchace,,i start to read the announcement...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    guptaanujguptaanuj Posts: 83
    edited April 2009
    Hello all!

I live in India, and have never watched Pearl Jam live before! I've been a fan for about a decade, and am hoping to catch the Manchester and London gigs on the upcoming Europe tour.

Few questions: (pardon the ignorance, I've never been to a concert in another country before)

1. Standing tickets is the way to go, right? I've been a Ten Club member since July 2007, so reserved tickets based on seniority is clearly not the option for me. If I get to the venue hours in advance, is it possible to get right up-front?

2. Pre-Sale tickets go on sale to all Ten Club members on the 30th April, but there only seems to be an option to buy tickets in pairs. I will be going to the London gig with 2 friends, and Manchester gig alone. Is it not possible to buy an odd number of tickets?

If not, is it easy to find people on this board whom I could sell the extra ticket for each gig to?

Also, for sale to general public - are single tickets available? I could merge my Ten Club pair with a general for London then.

3. What's the best way to get to Manchester from London, and vice-versa. I'll be on a tight budget, and spending much on travel really isn't a part of the plan. Please do suggest!

4. Anything else you'd suggest so I can have the best first Pearl Jam live experience? : )

(it would also extremely help if you could reply to me by email to anuj AT gigpad DOT com!)

Thanks!
    Anuj
    Post edited by guptaanuj on
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    Is Berlin REALLY sold out, or do non-europeans have something to look forward to in three days?? I mean, I get wht 10c did this, but as ISRAEL is considered Non-european at this point, when would we EVER be considered?
    this is really strange with the israelian,,i dont get it,,in sport,in deals are with europe,west,,in eu no,,,america think u are not,,for me israel is like cyprus...your passport belong to eu Einat?
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    einatshaul wrote:

Uh, perhaps when the rest of the world is? Why would israel have any special consideration in this particular situation? I would think you can buy tickets when every non-european country can.

Anuj - awesome that you are seeing PJ for the first time!
    you have to buy 2 10c tickets but you dont have a problem finding someone who wants the other one. Just organise it early with someone from here and work out a time to meet up etc.
  • Options
    LongRoad wrote:
    Anuj - awesome that you are seeing PJ for the first time!
    you have to buy 2 10c tickets but you dont have a problem finding someone who wants the other one. Just organise it early with someone from here and work out a time to meet up etc.

sounds good! thanks.
  • Options
    evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    Pegasus wrote:
    Niko80 wrote:

Im I way off here?

you're way off. ;)

8-)

Which shows are you going to? All 4? :D

I know you will have a blast! I feel exhausted just thinking about it lol.
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
  • Options
    guptaanuj wrote:
    Hello all!

I live in India, and have never watched Pearl Jam live before! I've been a fan for about a decade, and am hoping to catch the Manchester and London gigs on the upcoming Europe tour.

Few questions: (pardon the ignorance, I've never been to a concert in another country before)

1. Standing tickets is the way to go, right? I've been a Ten Club member since July 2007, so reserved tickets based on seniority is clearly not the option for me. If I get to the venue hours in advance, is it possible to get right up-front?

2. Pre-Sale tickets go on sale to all Ten Club members on the 30th April, but there only seems to be an option to buy tickets in pairs. I will be going to the London gig with 2 friends, and Manchester gig alone. Is it not possible to buy an odd number of tickets?

If not, is it easy to find people on this board whom I could sell the extra ticket for each gig to?

Also, for sale to general public - are single tickets available? I could merge my Ten Club pair with a general for London then.

3. What's the best way to get to Manchester from London, and vice-versa. I'll be on a tight budget, and spending much on travel really isn't a part of the plan. Please do suggest!

4. Anything else you'd suggest so I can have the best first Pearl Jam live experience? : )

(it would also extremely help if you could reply to me by email to anuj AT gigpad DOT com!)

Thanks!
    Anuj
    1. yes and yes in theory though there's a potential big problem with 10c tickets at least at the O2 since there's different places to enter depending on what it says on your ticket (but you don't get the ticket until at best midday with 10c)

2. yes, pairs only with 10c. you can get singles in the general sale (which for the UK show is no different), but there shouldn't be much problems finding or offering spares here... tickets can get very tricky to get on general sale in London. a tip: sign up (for free) to Livenation.co.uk, they normally have presales the day before (so the 7th for this).

3. in order of cheapness: megabus (as little as £2.50 return), share a car, train but only if you buy well in advance (but you can't yet).

4. Don't get drunk, don't expect anything setlist-wise (if you go in wanting the greatest hits you might get disappointed..hell, most of us here HOPE you get disappointed ;)), be prepared to sport a very silly :mrgreen: for teh following couple of days.
    oh, and the best thing about a PJ concert is the lifetime worldwide friends you make.. they're the one that keep you coming back most in the long run. :oops: ..so if you get the chance to attend pre-parties, post show drinks, share accommodation/transport.. DO.

And if you get stuck or need advice, don't hesitate to PM me :)
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    this is really strange with the israelian,,i dont get it,,in sport,in deals are with europe,west,,in eu no,,,america think u are not,,for me israel is like cyprus...your passport belong to eu Einat?
    Israel is not in the EU and is not in Europe in any shape or form apart from having most of it's inhabitant being of European decent (but by that account Australia, NZ, Canada and the US are too).. Turkey is at least partly in Europe geographically...Syria, Lebanon are all closer to Europe (even Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco).
    Now I understand Einat's frustration because they're never playing her country, but that's no different from people in Asia, Africa and until recently South America.

hell, I got pissed off at 10c because for the April Fool's tour, they wouldn't allow Mexicans to buy tickets to the San Diego show!! that's 10 times closer than 90% of the US and Canada are!
    Now THAT was unfair! :evil:
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    einatshaul wrote:
    Israel is not in the EU and is not in Europe in any shape or form apart from having most of it's inhabitant being of European decent (but by that account Australia, NZ, Canada and the US are too).. Turkey is at least partly in Europe geographically...Syria, Lebanon are all closer to Europe (even Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco).
    Now I understand Einat's frustration because they're never playing her country, but that's no different from people in Asia, Africa and until recently South America.

hell, I got pissed off at 10c because for the April Fool's tour, they wouldn't allow Mexicans to buy tickets to the San Diego show!! that's 10 times closer than 90% of the US and Canada are!
    I know all that..the strange is how in sports for exable israel is in europe?in geografy too..how cyprus is in eu and turkey in ithe ntabul part is not?if tomorrow the politics want israel in eu ,einat have the chance to be a european citizen at once
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    4. Don't get drunk, don't expect anything setlist-wise (if you go in wanting the greatest hits you might get disappointed..hell, most of us here HOPE you get disappointed ;)), be prepared to sport a very silly :mrgreen: for teh following couple of days.
    oh, and the best thing about a PJ concert is the lifetime worldwide friends you make.. they're the one that keep you coming back most in the long run. :oops: ..so if you get the chance to attend pre-parties, post show drinks, share accommodation/transport.. DO.

And if you get stuck or need advice, don't hesitate to PM me :)

haha, thanks for the advice. i'll stick around on these boards and try and meet up with others fans post-gig for drinks!

and just because i'm a newbie here doesn't mean i'm one of those who'd expect a greatest hits setlist! that's quite judgemental, haha! i like to believe that i am the biggest Pearl Jam fan that there is in India, and that is a pretty damn large country! : )
  • Options
    deep_schismicdeep_schismic Bremen, Germany Posts: 158
    Dammit...I hesitated with Berlin for just a few hours (I was about to go out for dinner when I learned bout the pre-sale)...and now it's gone (this happened last time as well because I wasn't sure I could get to Berlin for the 2006 show) :( ...can it be their allocation of 'early-entry' tickets were really small?

I don't have time to scour through the whole thread, so I apologize if it has been mentioned already...but will there more general pre-sale tickets available on the 30th?

Also, it was a bit annoying to see that the ticket pair cost $187 instead of $142 (which is like EUR 74 per ticket) for the England shows...on tickets.de the tix are going for EUR 56...hmmm not a happy camper
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421

I know all that..the strange is how in sports for exable israel is in europe?in geografy too..how cyprus is in eu and turkey in ithe ntabul part is not?if tomorrow the politics want israel in eu ,einat have the chance to be a european citizen at once

Because sport isn't important? :geek:

Seriously though.. how can a umm.. location.. in the middle east be considered as Europe?
    Probably because most middle eastern countries don't participate in most international sporting events, israel is then clumped into the Europegroup. Geographically however this is false.

And I agree, I'd like to see PJ go to Africa before anywhere else they've never been.
    There are now so many stable countries in Africa now, imagine a PJ concert in Rwanda or Botswana? I bet there are some fans there. Plus I could go on safari and see PJ at the same time.. heaven.
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,177
    They will be in the US after; don't fret

Yes, for everywhere but the Northwest.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    pearl.jupearl.ju Posts: 15
    Is there any chances they will add other european countries????
  • Options
    JazzmannJazzmann Posts: 98
    I've got a pretty amazing summer in front of me. Three Springsteen, seven U2 and two PJ. :D
  • Options
    KV264853KV264853 Posts: 4
    As a dutch PJ fan I started dreaming:

13 Aug - Rotterdam - Ahoy*
    15 Aug - Berlin - Wulheide**
    17 Aug - Manchester - MEN Arena***
    18 Aug - London - 02 Arena***

21-23 aug Lowlands Festival Netherlands.....
    PJ rocks the Alpha tent?!
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,568
    pearl.ju wrote:
    Is there any chances they will add other european countries????

In the pearl jam 'news text' on the O2 website, it says that pearl jam are looking forward to come back to europe for a full fledged tour in the months after the release of their new album. So it seems these 4 shows is all for now, but that they will be back very soon :)

We will see I guess.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Is it just me or have these tickets become pretty expensive lately? I'm looking at the Dusseldorf ticket which was half (!) the price and even the last Berlin show wasn't this expensive. I can't all be because of the crisis, can it?
    - expirience often is a parody to the idea - (J.W. Goethe)
  • Options
    LongRoad wrote:

Seriously though.. how can a umm.. location.. in the middle east be considered as Europe?
    Probably because most middle eastern countries don't participate in most international sporting events, israel is then clumped into the Europegroup. Geographically however this is false.

And I agree, I'd like to see PJ go to Africa before anywhere else they've never been.
    There are now so many stable countries in Africa now, imagine a PJ concert in Rwanda or Botswana? I bet there are some fans there. Plus I could go on safari and see PJ at the same time.. heaven.

I don't agree with your comments at all there. But, you're allowed to have an opinion, even if it's false. I would love for PJ to tour the globe and discover new exciting places and faces; they shouldn't fear leaving their safe havens for a little trip of exploration.
  • Options
    Is it just me or have these tickets become pretty expensive lately? I'm looking at the Dusseldorf ticket which was half (!) the price and even the last Berlin show wasn't this expensive. I can't all be because of the crisis, can it?
    It must be because they're covering costs for flying in for fewer shows... If anything, the crisis should be a force to drive them to cut down costs for their fans, but, on the other hand, they must think the fans have a clear mind to make a logical decision about going to one local show, not going overboard with funds they don't have... They couldn't be further away from the scary reality...
  • Options
    deserteddotsedeserteddotse Posts: 1,276
    Jazzmann wrote:
    I've got a pretty amazing summer in front of me. Three Springsteen, seven U2 and two PJ. :D

I'll second that...

Pearl Jam, Ben Harper, Radiohead, Faith No More, Nine Inch Nails, The Mars Volta, Pixies, Depeche Mode... All in one summer...

Finally I can check 2 bands from my must-see-bands-list (FNM & DM)...

Only thing missing is John Frusciante, and this summer would be complete...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    happy_larryhappy_larry Posts: 221
    i,m up for this!! been the lone cumbrian on the boards :shock:[/quote]

I'm a fellow Cumbrian, Kendal born and bread (although I've been living in Leeds for a couple of years)

I'm so excited about this, roll on the summer, first Neil Young at Glastonbury and the PJ in Manchester!!!!
    Leeds 06
    Wembley 07
    Shepherds Bush
    Manchester
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    Jazzmann wrote:

I'll second that...

Pearl Jam, Ben Harper, Radiohead, Faith No More, Nine Inch Nails, The Mars Volta, Pixies, Depeche Mode... All in one summer...

Finally I can check 2 bands from my must-see-bands-list (FNM & DM)...

Only thing missing is John Frusciante, and this summer would be complete...

Yeah I hear you guys there... amazing summer infront of us. Would never believe im gonna see U2, PJ and Radiohead inbetween 7 days! My dreams coming true....
    NIN (JA???!!!), DM, 3x U2, David Byrne, PJ, Radiohead
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    LongRoad wrote:

Past political ties mainly, and their cultures aren't really similar with any of the countries around them. Not complicated really.

Israel participate in Europe for sporting events for political reasons, they were frozen out of middle eastern sporting organizations under Arab League policies and joined the euoprean ones (UEFA etc). (The middle east does take part in sports you know. )
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:

I never even got an announcement e-mail, someone forwarded me a story about the tour from NME.com this morning and I came here to find that the presale was already a day old! There were London tickets still available, however, so I don't really care any more.

Thanks PJ, and thanks 10C - just remember me next time :-)
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there...
  • Options
    HollybokHollybok Posts: 27
    dust wrote:
    Tickets are in my order history but I still haven't received any kind of email.....hmmmmmm

Me too! I am still panicking as ordered yesterday. Does this mean i have my tickets or not?? Help!
    And he who forgets will be destined to remember
This discussion has been closed.