Options

Good manners at eddie's gig

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, you can do anything you want at a show, but I guarantee that the people there to enjoy it, as well as the artist, don't think you're nearly as cool as you think you are.

We were at one of the sold-out Flight of the Conchords shows last night at the Tower and the people shouting out song requests and comments were a drag. The band handled them well, but it's a shame that they had to. The pauses to deal with them made the rest of the crowd restless.

By the way, if you're in the third row having an audible conversation during an acoustic show, that look the artist is giving you is not because he's curious about what you're saying.
    You can say that again!

It is amazing how many "fans" seem to really be into being seen at the gig, rather than taking it in...fucking jabberjaws constantly blathering away at every single moment of the show...it's like they want everyone to know that they are cool for being up front, so they try to draw all this attention to themselves. Not one person in the entire fucking venue is there to see anyone but Ed. So get over yourselves!
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    N_Jay_HN_Jay_H Posts: 171
    I actually came to this thread for a reason. I know photographs are not allowed at these shows, but will they at least allow cameras in the venue? The reason I ask is because my wife and I will be around town before and she will have her camera with her. Just need to know if we need to go back to the hotel prior to the show. I guess calling the venue will get me this answer also.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    azwyldcats wrote:
    I'm going to do whatever the hell I want at the gig because is (sic) a free country

try to act rude & bother me and other's around trying to enjoy the show & you'll be out the door ASAP. trust me!

Let me guess, you are from Boston?

Very macho bullshit East coast of you.... :roll:

If you can pass a half-ounce joint around in the third row, not one security guy is going to boot someone when you run up and whine about a loudmouth
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,153
    demetrios wrote:
    azwyldcats wrote:
    I'm going to do whatever the hell I want at the gig because is (sic) a free country

try to act rude & bother me and other's around trying to enjoy the show & you'll be out the door ASAP. trust me!

Let me guess, you are from Boston?

Very macho bullshit East coast of you.... :roll:

If you can pass a half-ounce joint around in the third row, not one security guy is going to boot someone when you run up and whine about a loudmouth

halifax, nova scotia!

doesn't matter where i'm from & i wouldn't care where you're from; when i'm enjoying my pearl jam or vedder show, or any show, if you are ruining my fun, around me space, you'll be taken out by secrurity. ASAP!
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    azwyldcats wrote:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..........................................

funny stuff.....

i know. but it's true! :lol:
  • Options
    like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582
    11 pages of the same argument, back and forth! :roll:
    there is a huge difference between getting into a show, enjoying your favorite songs
    and behaving like an asshole.

I think this is what it boils down to! That, and you can't control everyone, so either deal with it, or leave, right?

When I saw EV at Boston 2, the guy next to me sang his ass of the entire time. Sometimes he was so loud I couldn't hear Eddie at all. I was mildly annoyed at the time, but looking back, it didn't affect my overall experience one bit.

There will be assholes. Such is life.
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Options
    blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    N_Jay_H wrote:
    I actually came to this thread for a reason. I know photographs are not allowed at these shows, but will they at least allow cameras in the venue? The reason I ask is because my wife and I will be around town before and she will have her camera with her. Just need to know if we need to go back to the hotel prior to the show. I guess calling the venue will get me this answer also.

In my experience with the Tower in Upper Darby, cameras are allowed, but no flash photography and they discourage video recording. That said, we got good video from the front rows for Radiohead ... they didn't take cameras at the door.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    11 pages of the same argument, back and forth! :roll:
    there is a huge difference between getting into a show, enjoying your favorite songs
    and behaving like an asshole.

I think this is what it boils down to! That, and you can't control everyone, so either deal with it, or leave, right?
    I think this boils it down except I disagree on dealing with it. If someone is singing I don't think there's much to do... but when people are yelling/screaming/etc/etc then I dont think there's anything wrong with people telling them to shut it.

Having sat near the dude in Milwaukee that was taken out... that's awkward to see but at least at that point they are gone.

I just don't know why its so hard to just watch a concert and not have to try and be a part of it.

At PJ they want you standing/jumping/etc... at a small venue Ed asks everyone basically to sit down and shut up. And still like 10-20% of people just refuse to do it.
  • Options
    CalumCalum Posts: 635
    I dont tend to go mad at PJ gigs, I tend to end up kinda standing in there in awe, just watching it all & taking it in. That why I am so stoked for the Ed shows, I get to sit & relax and have my favourite singer talking & acoustic songs, and there should be a minimun of distractions.
    London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRLGTFLYGIRL NewYork Posts: 728
    Sure there are your rare exceptional cases... where someone is like peeing at their seat or being waaaaaayyy over the edge... other than an extreme and rare incident... this is how feel...

If someone gets security and creates a ruckus around me... because they don't like the way others are acting...

well IMO they are assholes too... when people are talking and bugging out to each other because they are up in arms about some OTHER asshole's behavior... and they go and get security... and then security is coming through and walking through the aisle... Now instead of there being ONE annoying asshole... you have a parade of assholes... including the tattler walking by AT LEAST twice (to get security AND return) ... probably two security guards... with flashlights and warnings and returning etc... So now instead of ONE person being somewhat disturbing... well now there are probably four... FURTHER disturbing MY show... well....

YOU INTOLERANT FUCKS are as annoying as the annoying people

get over it
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    Nice
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:

get over it

While that's true... if everyone would just act civilized it would never be an issue in the first place.

It's like saying we should let people rob ranks because if we bring cops in it just clutters up the bank more. Yes, I know I'm exaggerating quite a bit... but you get the point that if no one robbed the banks no one would be grabbing the cops to stop it.

And, no, I've never run to security as much as I may have wanted to at that Milwaukee show.
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    Sure there are your rare exceptional cases... where someone is like peeing at their seat or being waaaaaayyy over the edge... other than an extreme and rare incident... this is how feel...

If someone gets security and creates a ruckus around me... because they don't like the way others are acting...

well IMO they are assholes too... when people are talking and bugging out to each other because they are up in arms about some OTHER asshole's behavior... and they go and get security... and then security is coming through and walking through the aisle... Now instead of there being ONE annoying asshole... you have a parade of assholes... including the tattler walking by AT LEAST twice (to get security AND return) ... probably two security guards... with flashlights and warnings and returning etc... So now instead of ONE person being somewhat disturbing... well now there are probably four... FURTHER disturbing MY show... well....

+1 ;)

get over it
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I didn't read all the replies. I just know that the local station here has really hyped up the public here about the EV shows, and when I was talking to a dj on the phone, he was talking how sick the shows were going to be.
    He was talking as though he thought they were going to heavy shows! So I think when you have a station not being upfront that Eddie's shows are acoustic and intimate, you have people getting drunk and ready for a rock concert. I wonder how many people go expecting him to be PJ. I can't help but want to tell the radio stations to publicize the concert properly, to avoid the assholes who are capable of ruining the show not only for other fans, but Eddie too!!
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    ** Ban Booze & Drunks! ***

*hide3.gif

:lol:
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

*hide3.gif

yeah!! those damn DRUNKS!

BAAHHHHHH!!!

;)
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

*hide3.gif

yeah!! those damn DRUNKS!

BAAHHHHHH!!!

;)

i know next pearl jam tour, we will be sharing drinks,
    nothing wrong with that, right? :D
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    drsluggo wrote:
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:

get over it

While that's true... if everyone would just act civilized it would never be an issue in the first place.

It's like saying we should let people rob ranks because if we bring cops in it just clutters up the bank more. Yes, I know I'm exaggerating quite a bit... but you get the point that if no one robbed the banks no one would be grabbing the cops to stop it.

I've read some dumb analogies in my day, but I think you just won the crown.
  • Options
    Hey - I said it was far fetched... I knew it was. My point though is that some on this thread are basically saying 'i can act like as big a jackass as i want, but if you actually have the nerve to tell me to cool it you are just as bad as i am.'

There's NO way that's true. And having seen some of the Ed shows last year, I can say that with absolutely no doubt in my mind. And bottom line - if people aren't acting like idiots there would be no reason that other people would either say something or ask security to calm them down.
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    Hey - I said it was far fetched... I knew it was. My point though is that some on this thread are basically saying 'i can act like as big a jackass as i want, but if you actually have the nerve to tell me to cool it you are just as bad as i am.'

There's NO way that's true. And having seen some of the Ed shows last year, I can say that with absolutely no doubt in my mind. And bottom line - if people aren't acting like idiots there would be no reason that other people would either say something or ask security to calm them down.

I think your analogy... as it related to my post... was extreme and far fetched...

It's more like... people speed.. and make illegal rights on red.. but do we call 911 for it?

People will act like PEOPLE.. like a group of EDDIE VEDDER FANS ... and whatever it is .. it is...

No One can dictate the behavior of the crowd as a whole... so in general... people... ALL OF THEM... LOUD ASSHOLES AND CRITICS OF LOUD ASSHOLES...

all just need to chill!!!!

(i mean shit... maybe ed fans are just assholes? If at EVERY show (just about) there were people "acting like assholes" well...maybe people need to realize that at every show... there will be assholes... HA!!! So.... stop being an asshole... and just have a good time!!!)

IF ED HATED IT SO MUCH HE WOULDN"T BE BACK ON THE ROAD... SOLO.
  • Options
    foresterforester Posts: 90
    Hey, go in openminded and don't worry about the other guy ruining your night, on either side. Eddie really sets the stage, and at DC2, he was amazing and funny as hell. Yes, there were a few really persistant, obnoxious yellers, but I think they were either thrown out or were threatened with being thrown out, because the noise eventually subsided. And sitting and listening to Eddie seemed pretty special, and most people appreciated that. All in all, the evening was amazingly great, and I am looking forward to a follow up night in Baltimore - thank you 10C. Whether there are screamers, drunks or people standing up to enjoy Porch, it will be a wonderful night.
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    N_Jay_H wrote:

In my experience with the Tower in Upper Darby, cameras are allowed, but no flash photography and they discourage video recording. That said, we got good video from the front rows for Radiohead ... they didn't take cameras at the door.
    Tower doesn't appear to have any searching policy (ironic considering the neighborhood) whatsoever. However, if you so much as bring your camera out during any normal show, it is my personal experience that security will swarm on your ass immediately to remind you of their no video policy. I'm guessing during the Ed show, it will be to tell you "No Photos."
    So, you can probably get it in the building without a problem, but don't dare try and use it.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    can I shout "society"?
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,109
    lol yes evil you can! you drunkard!!..personally I am going to shout GOAT!!!! but thats just me:)
  • Options
    well now that the election is over he shouldn't be doing that "banner bit" anymore...because you will hear me yelling "FUCK OBAMA" if he starts with any Obama shit..(seriously Ed..wake the fuck up dude!you're smarter than that)

oh..and if he plays millworker I'll be the guy yelling when he says Massachusetts. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

but other than that...i shut the fuck up and let the man do his thing!!
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:

I think your analogy... as it related to my post... was extreme and far fetched...

It's more like... people speed.. and make illegal rights on red.. but do we call 911 for it?

People will act like PEOPLE.. like a group of EDDIE VEDDER FANS ... and whatever it is .. it is...

No One can dictate the behavior of the crowd as a whole... so in general... people... ALL OF THEM... LOUD ASSHOLES AND CRITICS OF LOUD ASSHOLES...

all just need to chill!!!!

(i mean shit... maybe ed fans are just assholes? If at EVERY show (just about) there were people "acting like assholes" well...maybe people need to realize that at every show... there will be assholes... HA!!! So.... stop being an asshole... and just have a good time!!!)

IF ED HATED IT SO MUCH HE WOULDN"T BE BACK ON THE ROAD... SOLO.

I contend that he only does these shows for money so I don't think he cares what the crowd does.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    breath123breath123 Posts: 397
    If he wanted total silence during the show, he would specify that in some way. I hate assholes at concerts as much as the next person but you are complaining about the small gaps of time in-between songs.

So, ed telling the audience REPEATEDLY to "Shut the fuck up....please" was not a hint? Hmm, I guess he'll have to walk into the audience and bash someone over the head with a guitar to bring home the point.

The second wiltern show was the second worst pj related show I have ever been to right behind Golden Gate Park 1995.

I had always thought that PJs audience was more socially aware, somehow more evolved....

I guess the music was just turned up too loud to know the truth.
  • Options
    pjbugs007 wrote:
    lol yes evil you can! you drunkard!!..personally I am going to shout GOAT!!!! but thats just me:)

evil little goat goat goat! You shout anything.. I'm throwing a 30oz beer at your head :)
  • Options
    pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,109
    you own me a 30oz beer:) end of story!..ill throw a 30oz tea cup at your head...
  • Options
    pjbugs007 wrote:
    you own me a 30oz beer:) end of story!..ill throw a 30oz tea cup at your head...

ha ha! I will throw a fast ball baseball at your head during all the way lol... or a teapot!
    I will sure buy you that drink dude, both nights 8-)